Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship (29296 Views)

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / El-rufai Formally Declares For Kaduna Governorship, Recieves Buhari's Blessing / Mimiko Formally Declares Second Term Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by extension: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
waiting for Jimi Agbaje ,sure for my vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by halamadrid8: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
Welcome to Mr Ambode,I will give him my vote because he has remained undaunted even in the face of so many lies about his place of birth and origin,who he knows etc which are not factors I consider as important when choosing a candidate

He is is very eloquent and that his write up about youths was deep

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by halamadrid8: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Billcakes:

Now that you mentioned it,I'm yet to see the achievements of this so-called Jimi Agbaje,who is more like a desperate political prost lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,why is he jumping from pillar to post just to become governor,if he is as good and acceptable as some of you have been making him out to be,then he doesn't need to jump under the UMBLELLA(sorry mama peace),he should trust himself well enough to run on the platform of his former party or even as an independent candidate(even if dat one never start for naija,I had to mention it cos you guys talk about him like he can win an election even without a political party)
So I ask,please duni04 and co,be kind enough to tell us where and where this Agbaje of a man has worked and the things he did there that make you think he is the best candidate for Lagos governor as I personally don't think that running an obscure chemist with no more than 6 staff is enough to put him on this high pedestal you want to force him on

I wonder ooooo
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by royalblood21: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
mbulela:
Just my personal view, I think Hamzat will be a better option but the silly issue of religion in politics is screwing his chances.
Coupled with the fact that the Oga at Bourdillion has more confidence in Ambode to protect and expand his business interests.
All I know is that Lagos will revolt if anything less that BRF is handed the reins of power.
In fact,they should be aiming for a candidate better than BRF (it is possible. He does not have two heads).
And apart from religion issue.... His father is a king in Ogun state.... can a son of Oba in Ogun be ruling ova oba's in Lagos state? hmmmm
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Ololade1999: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
I will be very happy for him to win
He was my late dad's childhood friend
I know his elder brother very well as he was my dad's very close friend.he is a good man

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by halamadrid8: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
royalblood21:

And apart from religion issue.... His father is a king in Ogun state.... can a son of Oba in Ogun be ruling ova oba's in Lagos state? hmmmm

This is not a good combination at all
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by kingwale1: 5:21am On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=Sagamite post=27438404]

Not according to his own website.

http://akinwunmiambode.com/biography-public-finance-consultant/[/quote
BUSTED
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
royalblood21:

where is ambode really from sef. This picture below was being shared on Facebook... on there, he states his origin as Ondo.

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by oneplusone: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=kingwale1 post=27457975][/quote]

No be only busted,na Buttered,shior
Thank you for agreeing that Ambode is the best candidate to become governor of Lagos state
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by oneplusone: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
saxywale:

where is ambode really from sef. This picture below was being shared on Facebook... on there, he states his origin as Ondo.

Come Mr man wetin consign Ambode with the Ogun obaship??
Don't be deceived by fake doctored old documents being circulated by people who are so scared of Ambode's credentials and prospects that they have no other fight to put up than to start clutching at straws.

My final opinion is that as long as this man was born in Epe,over 50 years ago and he grew up there,the only time he left Lagos was when he went to secondary school in FGC Waffi and returned to Lagos for Uni educationand he has worked in Lagos all his life,then he is a BONAFIDE CITIZEN of Lagos state and anybody claiming the contrary must be very high on exhaust fumes and excreta fumes as well

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by mbulela: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
royalblood21:

If we are still fixated over such flimsy excuses then we are not ready for progress.
why should we care who his father is?
Even if his father is a mad man in the north as long as the lunacy is not hereditary, it should not matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
mbulela:

If we are still fixated over such flimsy excuses then we are not ready for progress.
why should we care who his father is?
Even if his father is a mad man in the north as long as the lunacy is not hereditary, it should not matter.
I have been saying this overtime , there are these classes of individuals we need to get rid of in Nigeria for we to progress maximally ... these kind of people that start checking on whether you are from hongkong or bermuda rather than competencies is just one of the classes .. I only hope majority change their thinkin with time.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by bayodearo(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
In my humble opinion, KOH is the right man for the job. The write-up below describes how he's canvassing for delegate votes by engaging them quietly and one by one. That, more than anything, shows he is a man who is willing to 'roll up his sleeves' and get the job done. cool

Hamzat outlines plans for Lagos in letter to party members and other stakeholders.

Dr Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure for Lagos State and a Gubernatorial aspirant for the APC ticket in Lagos has outlined his vision for the Mega City in a letter to party leaders and delegates. It was gathered that the letter was hand delivered by Hamzat to major stakeholders in the All Progressive Congress. Apparently, the letter outlines his passion for Lagos and his family heritage across the state before providing an overview of his credentials for the position and priorities and focus areas should he be elected to contest the election on behalf of APC.

Outlining how he came to the decision to seek the APC Gubernatorial ticket, Dr Hamzat says:

“Too often we ask what we can get from Nigeria; we make demands from our government rather than seeking to understand how we can add value to our society. I have asked myself what can I do for Nigeria? More importantly, what can I do for my State, Lagos? The decision to take on this responsibility comes from a deep analysis of the steps we need to take to further progress the development of our great State. How do we as a people continue to sustain the progress that Lagos is currently undergoing? I have asked myself whether I can captain a team that will deepen the achievements of the past 15 years and build a lasting legacy in a State that our children and grandchildren will be proud to call home.

I have one clear goal – sustain the development of Lagos so as to transform Lagos into Africa’s undisputed commercial capital – a State that is safe and secure, that will serve as home, workplace and a source of inspiration and enrichment for all of our residents. Lagos can be in the 2000’s what New York City represented in the 1900’s, London was in the 1800’s and Constantinople was in the 1500’s.”

He then continues by outlining the things that he believes qualify him for the position of Governor, saying: “I can point to a number of large scale and life transforming projects delivered – on time and on budget – by our government through the ministries I was fortunate enough to lead. This includes;

a) The automation of government processes, which improved the way our government was able to serve the citizens and allowed public servants to efficiently carry out their operations in the State.

b) The 2006 census collation, which provided the base level information necessary to implement data led solutions for many government processes.

c) The introduction of our Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system, which has reduced journey times and increased the quality of life for millions of Lagosians;

d) The ongoing Adiyan water works – the largest water works in West Africa – which will make clean water supply for a significant number of Lagosians a reality in just 6 years; and e) The Lagos blue line light rail system, a 27km rail project that will, when completed transform our state………

He concludes by outlining his PRIORITIES for governance saying;

“I will, upon election, focus my energies on four main areas over the next four years.

1. First, service delivery: freeing up more money for services and maintaining the biggest infrastructure investment programme in West Africa, with continuing focus on rail, roads and water transportation to link our suburbs and decongest our streets.

2. Second, job creation: policies to fast track the creation of jobs for all levels of workers and support for our brightest entrepreneurs.

3. Third, knowledge and skills: building a workforce and an economy that will enable Lagos to compete in an increasingly competitive international marketplace.

4. Fourth, health and well-being: ensuring that our people have access to basic health services and can live in a safe environment, reassured by a security system that works.

My fellow Party members, the choice before us is straightforward; we can continue the great work being done in Lagos, seize the future that we have all dreamt of, or we can risk everything we have achieved. 2015 is a crucial year for our State and our nation and the stakes are high……..”

Dr Kadri Obafemi Hamzat has emerged as one of the frontrunners for the APC ticket in Lagos, running on his record as a member of the Lagos State Government Executive for the last 9 years, where he has served under both Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Babatunde Raji Fashola. He is believed to enjoy a wide base of support across both grass roots and within the existing administration, which is keen to ensure the continued implementation of its highly successful reform and development agenda.

http://jide-salu.com/2014/10/27/obafemi-hamzat-leading-apc-gubernatorial-contender-for-lagos-reveals-plans-and-priorities-in-his-inspirational-letter-to-party-members-and-stakeholders/

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Finekunlex(f): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
duni04:

Stop trying to play smart. He hasn't done anything worthy of note to merit becoming our governor. His only claim to that position is Tinubus anointing. Nobody knows this guy. Of all the APC candidates, Ambode is the one that has contributed the least to Lagos. Ganiyu Solomon has served Lagos in the Senate for so long, Ikuforiji has served Lagos as speaker for long, Hamzat has been Fasholas anchor man all these years, helping to reconstruct Lagos. Even Agbaje in the PDP has done more for Lagos.
Ambode is a nonentity, no interesting qualities or achievements. Nothing!
Ambode should just be quoting and thanking Tinubu during his campaign tours cos that's all he has, he hasn't done shît for Lagos.

Hey dude/lass, that's a deranged comment you've sadly put up there mehnnnn....nonentity?, done nothing? brah, best to do na to ignore you you oh...shuuu, how can you be deaf, blind and dumb at the same time. GOS, a career politician over an accomplished technocrat in Ambode? how the hell did you conceive that!!!? how can a career politician successfully succeed a Fashola abeg?.

Hey, get smart!!!
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Finekunlex:

Hey dude/lass, that's a deranged comment you've sadly put up there mehnnnn....nonentity?, done nothing? brah, best to do na to ignore you you oh...shuuu, how can you be deaf, blind and dumb at the same time. GOS, a career politician over an accomplished technocrat in Ambode? how the hell did you conceive that!!!? how can a career politician successfully succeed a Fashola abeg?.

Hey, get smart!!!
Topic that expired since? Mtchewwww!
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by teufelein(f): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dead on Arrival....Lagos goes to Igboman...
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
semitunde:

Then he should use the opportunity of his campaigns to let us know. I'd prefer that than him riding on Tinubu's or Fashola's back.

As much as I prefer APC to PDP, I would be voting for the individual personalities first and for now, Jimi Agbaje makes more sense to me.

Until Ambode shows a spark of something different, something that was noticeable in fashola even when he was unknown, he would be seen as a Tinubu's lackey, many don't want that.

By the way, Amaju pinick of the NFA struck me as quite intelligent, and without knowing about his antecedents I could see someone who was prepared mentally for the position- many of our politicians are only mentally prepared for the money.

If this man is serious he had better start talking, taking his view and plans to the media and intelligently explaining how he wants to get things done. The ability of the brain to quickly process questions and give intelligent answered is a good pointer to how that brain will react in pressure situations.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Explain to us what made you see Pinick as intelligent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna / Akpabio: 20 APC Senators Ready To Join PDP / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Diezani Alison-Madueke's UK Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.