Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria (98328 Views)

Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2014
chikis:
What about Maths & Physics?
teaching professions,,, number 12..seriously teacher are need all time but they hardly get a decent pay
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2014
eleojo23:
Marketability doesn't depend only on the course one studied, it depends on the person. There are many graduates of these courses who are still jobless. That shows that there is a difference between paper qualification and employability. The most important thing is to invest in yourself and have passion for what you want to do. The question is, what do you have to offer?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2014
chiboy429:

hahaha.geology is a very nice course i must say .

What did you study self kachi

Sure... It's a nice course. I studied banking/Finance because I thought it is 'marketable' too.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
teaching professions,,, number 12..seriously teacher are need all time but they hardly get a decent pay
Even when I tear first class for Maths or Physics?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by yuskol03: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2014
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Surveying
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by segsxpendable(m): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:

so @ dis ur age u cant phantom d magnanimous diff btwn physics edu/maths edu nd pure nd app physics/mathematics...dude,there's a huge diff btwn B.sc nd B.edu..#jux incase u dont know#
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2014
Proud to be a Doctor.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2014
segsxpendable:

so @ dis ur age u cant phantom d magnanimous diff btwn physics edu/maths edu nd pure nd app physics/mathematics...dude,there's a huge diff btwn B.sc nd B.edu..#jux incase u dont know#
So if I tear first class for pure Maths or pure Physics wetin go fit dey for me?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2014
Good question
InyinyaAgbaOku:

what of medicine?
does any doc earn less than 90k
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 26, 2014
segsxpendable:

Lol.. I must say there wasn't any specification on the quote so I thought it was edu physics and edu math,,, hope you are now satiated
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2014
chikis:
Even when I tear first class for Maths or Physics?
with your first class you will earn around 50k-65k for a start while a 2.5-3.5 industrial chemistry graduate is earning 200k-500k for a start when employed
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
with your first class you will earn around 50k-65k for a start while a 2.5-3.5 industrial chemistry graduate is earning 200k-500k for a start when employed
Why you dey lie na? Just say it depends on where you are employed.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by nellyefizzy: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
Caveat: This is not based on hard data but on observations. It is compiled by JarusHub editor and 2 other contributors to this portal. Note also that this is not based on who earns the highest salary, but who has potential to earn decent income with his degree. Potential is the operative word here.

Here we go:

10. Mass Communication/Journalism: Mass Communication will remain a marketable because not many Universities do it, but many institutions need it. The downside is, journalism is not seen as exclusive preserve of MassComm graduates, as graduates of almost any course are recruited by news outfits. Yet, the course still stands a decent chance.

9. Law: Maybe the supply is fast outstripping demand and affecting pricing, Law has declined in economic value. However, it remains a Top 10 course. Whether you decide to practice or go into corporate world, or you decide to go into allied things like real estate agency, you still stand a decent chance of earning decent income with a Law degree.

8. Nursing/Laboratory Science: Nurses don’t earn mouth-watering pay, but they are hardly jobless. I see Nurses change jobs like clothes. Hospitals and clinics – private and public – are springing up everyday, and a medium size clinic needs at least 4 Nurses. Some may have as much as 20. Same goes with Lab scientists, although in lower demand.

7. Mechanical, Electrical & other related Engineering courses: Engineering courses generally sell in the oil and gas industry. In addition these courses are also asked for in other major industries.

6. Economics/Accounting/Finance: The good thing about Economics is that it fits into many roles. I hesitated to include Accounting here because Accounting degree alone without professional qualifications is not usually so helpful; however, I included it because I expect the accounting graduate to do the needful of writing professional examinations after his degree. Even without professional qualifications, you can still get a decent job with Accounting degree only in the many small to medium scale firms that require the services of accounting graduates. Finance is another great course. The three courses, sometimes alongside Management and Business Administration, are usually in hot demand, although supply still exceed demand and many graduates of these courses are still jobless.

5. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/IT courses: IT professionals are in hot demand the world over. Nigeria is not different. With special IT skills, your chance is even brighter. The downside is, anybody can learn IT skills, even if he doesn’t study computer engineering.

4. Geology: It is also a course that places you in good position to penetrate the much-sought-after oil industry.

3. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering: These courses have the potential to fetch you the fattest pay check after graduation because the companies that ask for them are those that pay heavily – the oil companies.

2. Estate Management/Architecture/Building/Survey/Civil Engineering: A degree in any of these courses places you in a good position for self-employment. Even from school, Architecture students make money drawing plans for people. We consider these courses the second most marketable courses in Nigeria.

1. Medicine: Medicine may not earn you N500k per month at entry level, but it is the course that guarantees you job the most. I have never come across a jobless medical doctor. The pay may not be as heavy as the Chemical engineering guy in the IOC, but you are guaranteed of better-than-average income as a doctor. Medicine is number 1 on our list.

http://www.jarushub.com/10-most-marketable-courses-in-nigeria/
I didn't see Pharmacy there....is it that pharmacy isn't lucrative....nawa for u bros

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
gidjah:
GOOD NEWS TO D EARS DEAR,so happy for u.but u hav lots of work to do in that school.had my second degree from that school too.God Bless U
Wow, this is prettily nice. That means you are enough to mentor me during my program in Ilorin.
Please I will appreciate if you can contact me on this email address: "oluvictor4christ@gmail.com" or drop ur email address.
My bbm pin (25F7230B).
Thank you for being there for me!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Vstuffs:
Hmm
#teamComputerScience
The Days are Getting Better

The least job opportunity for a computer scientist is open a business center... If he/she knows what they can do?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by PreciousGem(f): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
I still stand my ground that it does not guarantee success in life. Check the lifestyles of the wealthy and successful they did not have to study a marketing course that is if they study at all. Nigerians with certificate mentality undecided
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by wildikeman(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Op Wat about international relations
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
PreciousGem:
I still stand my ground that it does not guarantee success in life. Check the lifestyles of the wealthy and successful they did not have to study a marketing course that is if they study at all. Nigerians with certificate mentality undecided
what is your discipline?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Brainiacbbb(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
Architecture.
Architecture
Architecture
Architecture

Architecture
Architecture
Architecture
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
nellyefizzy:
I didn't see Pharmacy there....is it that pharmacy isn't lucrative....nawa for u bros
yea, pharmacy is lucrative but not that employable. it is a very nice course because you can easily become self employed by opening your own pharmaceutic shop/shops. you can scroll around we have talked a lot about pharmacy
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
wildikeman:
Op Wat about international relations
Job opportunities that a degree in International
Relations will offer you
Politics and Government This degree will be
helpful for all those who wish to pursue their
career in government sector. A degree in
international relations will help you in working as
a policy analyst for any government agency or
public office. You can also work as a legislative
aide. At national level, you can take into
consideration foreign services career. This will
involve you working with top and esteemed
government organizations of your country. If you
have knowledge about other countries, their
culture, language, and so on, you can also
consider the option of joining intelligence,
security or diplomacy department.
Business and Law If you are not interested in
getting into the government department, you can
use your Degree in International Relations to
make a mark for yourself in the field of law and
business. With the advent of internet, small
merchants too have been able to create space
for themselves in the global market thus
increasing the number of job opportunities. You
can assist companies in import as well as export
restrictions, trade regulations, global
implementation of human resource policies and
so on. Apart from that if you specialize in
finance, you can opt for a career in large
investment firms or banks. Other options can be
transportation and manufacturing services.
Nonprofit A degree in International Relations also
helps you in working for the welfare of the
society. You can join nonprofit organizations that
operate on an international level. This will give
you the chance to shape your career in a local
office that has a global reach. It also increases
your chances of traveling to other countries.
Nonprofit agencies like CARE and Red Cross
provide such global service but there are many
other options too.
Language You can serve as a language
interpreter or translator if you have mastered
any of the global languages. Your growth
opportunities in this field will largely depend on
your language skills, proficiency in translating
and so on.……………the list given is based mostly on chances of employment.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
chikis:
Why you dey lie na? Just say it depends on where you are employed.
okay o, but check out this one from Lagos
http://ng.3wjobs.com/votbAgEA.html
what I know is that industrial chemists rarely find jobs quickly but if employed they eat fat pay
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Disraeli(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
The lis is nt complete without adding pharmacy to it. I have never seen a pharmacist that is jobless .You can do a survey on this,pharmacy is most lucrative prof after medicine.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Joy83:

You have a very vital point sir. Thank you much more.
I have already been given admission in Unilorin for MSc program in Petroleum geology and the school has resumed officially.

You are just too much!
Congrats....have u been able to access the schools Pg portal?I haven't oo
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Disraeli:
The lis is nt complete without adding pharmacy to it. I have never seen a pharmacist that is jobless .You can do a survey on this,pharmacy is most lucrative prof after medicine.
yea, pharmacy is lucrative but not that employable.
it is a very nice course because you can easily
become self employed by opening your own
pharmaceutic shop/shops and people must patronize it and so a pharmacist hardly become jobless. even pharmacists that couldn't source fund may find job opportunities offer from companies, hospitals and et al. you can scroll around
we have talked a lot about pharmacy
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

what of medicine?
does any doc earn less than 90k
yea, in some part of the country, something around 65k-70k while joblessness frustration may cause some in poor states to earn even below 65k or 60k
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by seribroo56(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
DIVFAVOR:
please remove chemical engineering, its never a competing course in Nigeria/world, its the least in all engineering course. experience will tell. I will never advice my enemy to study to chemical engineering.
i think you should visit this site maybe it would change ur orientation http://www.chemicalengineering.org
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
piagetskinner:

Congrats....have u been able to access the schools Pg portal?I haven't oo
I have not as well, for more than a week now.
Send me pm and let's communicate. Are you in geology as well?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
Franchise21:
U re asking d OP? no course z useless. his just giving his own view n I strongly disagree wiv him
why not quote my err, if dentistry is that employable it would have find itself on the list. no panic all medical related courses have values, but they are not guarantee equal job opportunities as medicine.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
seribroo56:
i think you should visit this site maybe it would change ur orientation http://www.chemicalengineering.org
tell them, is just because Nigeria have not come to know the true value of chemists/chemical eng.s but let wait for development and economy sovereignty to hit the country and you will see "noble professions" dancing to the tune of production and salvaging.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
lucrative and employable
Why then do you conclude that Pharmacy isn't on the top ten?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.