Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria (98543 Views)

Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2014
efedua:
yea that is Lagos and perhaps big private schools
What do one need to have to work in this big private school?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by PreciousGem(f): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2014
donsalvy:
what is your discipline?

Am quiet sure you are among those who believes that your disciplines guarantee you great achievements in life. Dream big rather than Small pls
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
PreciousGem:

Am quiet sure you are among those who believes that your disciplines guarantee you great achievements in life. Dream big rather than Small pls
if you know you ain't in school or are a drop-out, why not say it rather than saying things you lonno.

Cheers!!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by seribroo56(m): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

Yes you are very correct, but do u knw if I have a company and I hv a mechanical engineer who can structure a production plant, then I will give hom an additional training to manage the process while the electrical guy will manage the control with these I hv covered every role a chemical will play. though it might be too cumbersome for them.
am only trying to let u understand that other engineers can cut inbtw us, but we can hardly do such not becos u cant but becos others are more flexible than us in terms of generality.

god bless u.
do you know how much it will take you to teach the mech/elect what a chem engr knows. Why cant you also use the money to teach the chem engr guy., in my own opinion it easy and cheaper to teach a chem engr guy mech stuff .
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
chikis:
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
chikis:
get your first class and teaching experiences and you are done. your chances of getting job in such places rely on the numbers of years experience you gat in the teaching profession and you. the you has to do with how you presented yourself in interviews and your ability to be a good teacher. some tough schools may evaluate you teaching experience, techniques,accuracy,fluency and et al, through a micro teaching before offering you job.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
efedua:
get your first class and teaching experiences and you are done. your chances of getting job in such places rely on the numbers of years experience you gat in the teaching profession and you. the you has to do with how you presented yourself in interviews and your ability to be a good teacher. some tough schools may evaluate you teaching experience, techniques,accuracy,fluency and et al, through a micro teaching before offering you job.

did you study any course under education
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2014
chiboy429:

no but I had series of teaching experience after my ssce
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2014
efedua:
I have got some teaching exprience and I know what it takes to teach. Now if I get first class in Pure Maths or Physics, would that give me the opportunity to teach in the schools I aspire?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2014
chiboy429:

I don't want to and I don't intend to. I just want to bag first class in pure Maths or Physics and then have the opportunity to teach in a private primary or secondary school of high repute that will fetch me good pay.

If wishes are horses, I would ride it in such away that it will lead me to a fate where my school will retain me to teach as a lectura after bagging my first class.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2014
efedua:
So where are you now or what are you doing now?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 10:27am On Oct 29, 2014
chikis:
I don't want to and I don't intend to. I just want to bag first class in pure Maths or Physics and then have the opportunity to teach in a private primary or secondary school of high repute that will fetch me good pay.

If wishes are horses, I would ride it in such away that it will lead me to a fate where my school will retain me to teach as a lectura after bagging my first class.

You have a high vibe ,i love that . Which of the institution are you
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2014
efedua:

Wooow,its a wondeful edge
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sepp360:
Stop deceiving yourself, a biochemist can do everything and work in anywhere a microbiologist can work, but a microbiologist can't be as versatile as a biochemist.

in nigeria a microbiologist have more job opportunity than biochemist. true FACT
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
chikis:
I have got some teaching exprience and I know what it takes to teach. Now if I get first class in Pure Maths or Physics, would that give me the opportunity to teach in the schools I aspire?
yea if you are good and informed of job opportunities.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sorry jst tot of something.
You know medicine has specialties. Don't you think it will be wrong to say Medicine is marketable without mentioning the specialty(ies) which is(are) marketable because, hardly will you be a consultant in more than one specialty.
Hope you get my point.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
Samgreguc:
Sorry jst tot of something.
You know medicine has specialties. Don't you think it will be wrong to say Medicine is marketable without mentioning the specialty(ies) which is(are) marketable because, hardly will you be a consultant in more than one specialty.
Hope you get my point.
okay
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Babafaros(m): 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
drkay:
Nice 1 Op, I love my medical life. It earns me respect anywhere I present myself, am able to provide first class healthcare services for my family, it put food on my table among others.
Hw much do u earn per month as a doc
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Emart(m): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
eobasi:
re u a chemist?
Why do you ask?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by SenatorJames(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Cyriloha:
everybody wants to carry money ooo, economics things
Proudly Economist.

Good evening boss.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 2:19am On Nov 01, 2014
efedua:
I repeat: So where are you now or what are you doing now?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 2:25am On Nov 01, 2014
chiboy429:

You have a high vibe ,i love that . Which of the institution are you
Oboy I never enter oh! But I hope to be in UNN soonest.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 01, 2014
chikis:

I repeat: So where are you now or what are you doing now?
am an undergraduates of Industrial Chemistry in uniben
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Babafaros:

Hw much do u earn per month as a doc
funny
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Babafaros(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2014
efedua:
funny
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2014
chikis:

Oboy I never enter oh! But I hope to be in UNN soonest.

Alright ,try your best . You will be there surely as far as you have the enthusiasm
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by deewon56: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2014
Unclerukus:
Why do people think medicine is the highest paid? They are only highest paid in the phase of NYSC and sometimes entry level, fields like mechanical,petroleum and electrical engineering,accounting and finance(ACCA,ICAN), I.T gazumps the average doctors monthly wage BY MILES with just a little time and few promotions. I happen to know an accounting top shot earning about 4million a month minus commission from the thief thief they usually do,my uncle is a engineer with aero contractors,saw his payslip which says 3.6mill a month. Most I.T guys are paid like oil workers.so what's the fuss about medicine and surgery(they rarely even have time for their lives and family plus all the blood,yuck).Only the medical consultants are paid like those guys above,to become a consultant in the medical field one must have amassed maybe a PhD or be on the job for about 18-25 yrs(who has that time). The good thing about medicine is they rarely job hunt like the rest fields but I continue to say the lecturers and doctors are not well paid in Nigeria in the long term especially when compared to other professional fields both in Nigeria and abroad.( words of experience). From my own observations the best courses that are marketable in our country(if you do the right things o,because getting jobs depends on your ownself too) are: (1) Medicine and surgery,radiography,nursing (2) mech,electrical,marine, aeronautics engineering ( petroleum is too streamlined) (3) Accountancy (Get ACCA,ICAN,ICMA or even CIB to back up or you're on your own) (4) Geophysics/physics (some oil companies take these guys as alternatives to petroleum engineering because they are more seasoned and diversified for the job) (5) Transport management (6) pharmacy (7) Language ; mandarin/ spanish ( hot cake right now). (cool I.T,computer engineering not science ( growing stronger in Nigeria everyday) (9) education (B.ed teachers who package and develops themselves well are earning well,a secondary school beside my house pays her teachers 200k basic) (10) Brewery (mad hot cake but I don't think Nigerian universities offer the course, mad pay too). Summary; would have also included law but in this country law is for the rich.ADVICE; if you are from an average or poor background with no connections or you know you can't at least come out with a 2.1 from law school, please don't read law.you'll probably end up selling affidavits of 500 naira and hustling for peanut cases in the premises of courts of law, be warned. Thanks.
u talk truth. sir i jst gain admission into The polythecnic,ibadan as mechanical engineering wat nxt du u think i should pursue to achieve my Goal as (automobile engr)??
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 1:48am On Nov 03, 2014
chiboy429:

Alright ,try your best . You will be there surely as far as you have the enthusiasm
Thank you.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by mowah: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
efedua:
Caveat: This is not based on hard data but on observations. It is compiled by JarusHub editor and 2 other contributors to this portal. Note also that this is not based on who earns the highest salary, but who has potential to earn decent income with his degree. Potential is the operative word here.

Here we go:

10. Mass Communication/Journalism: Mass Communication will remain a marketable because not many Universities do it, but many institutions need it. The downside is, journalism is not seen as exclusive preserve of MassComm graduates, as graduates of almost any course are recruited by news outfits. Yet, the course still stands a decent chance.

9. Law: Maybe the supply is fast outstripping demand and affecting pricing, Law has declined in economic value. However, it remains a Top 10 course. Whether you decide to practice or go into corporate world, or you decide to go into allied things like real estate agency, you still stand a decent chance of earning decent income with a Law degree.

8. Nursing/Laboratory Science: Nurses don’t earn mouth-watering pay, but they are hardly jobless. I see Nurses change jobs like clothes. Hospitals and clinics – private and public – are springing up everyday, and a medium size clinic needs at least 4 Nurses. Some may have as much as 20. Same goes with Lab scientists, although in lower demand.

7. Mechanical, Electrical & other related Engineering courses: Engineering courses generally sell in the oil and gas industry. In addition these courses are also asked for in other major industries.

6. Economics/Accounting/Finance: The good thing about Economics is that it fits into many roles. I hesitated to include Accounting here because Accounting degree alone without professional qualifications is not usually so helpful; however, I included it because I expect the accounting graduate to do the needful of writing professional examinations after his degree. Even without professional qualifications, you can still get a decent job with Accounting degree only in the many small to medium scale firms that require the services of accounting graduates. Finance is another great course. The three courses, sometimes alongside Management and Business Administration, are usually in hot demand, although supply still exceed demand and many graduates of these courses are still jobless.

5. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/IT courses: IT professionals are in hot demand the world over. Nigeria is not different. With special IT skills, your chance is even brighter. The downside is, anybody can learn IT skills, even if he doesn’t study computer engineering.

4. Geology: It is also a course that places you in good position to penetrate the much-sought-after oil industry.

3. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering: These courses have the potential to fetch you the fattest pay check after graduation because the companies that ask for them are those that pay heavily – the oil companies.

2. Estate Management/Architecture/Building/Survey/Civil Engineering: A degree in any of these courses places you in a good position for self-employment. Even from school, Architecture students make money drawing plans for people. We consider these courses the second most marketable courses in Nigeria.

1. Medicine: Medicine may not earn you N500k per month at entry level, but it is the course that guarantees you job the most. I have never come across a jobless medical doctor. The pay may not be as heavy as the Chemical engineering guy in the IOC, but you are guaranteed of better-than-average income as a doctor. Medicine is number 1 on our list.

http://www.jarushub.com/10-most-marketable-courses-in-nigeria/
Forget about lucrativity. let's now look at their salary scale
Mass com/journalism- N70,000-N700,000
law- N100,000-N1.5m
nurse- N80,000-N400,000
lab scientists- N90,000-N560,000
mech engr- N120,000-,N800,000
elect engr-N290,000- N1.1m
economics- N160.000-N607,000
accounting- N250000-N1m
computer programmer- N300,000- N1.2m
geologist- N280,000-N900,000
chem/pet engineering- N305,000- N1.7m
estate management- N500,000-N1.8m
medical Doctors- N200,000-N1.3m
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by zebra(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
mowah:

Forget about lucrativity. let's now look at their salary scale
Mass com/journalism- N70,000-N700,000
law- N100,000-N1.5m
nurse- N80,000-N400,000
lab scientists- N90,000-N560,000
mech engr- N120,000-,N800,000
elect engr-N290,000- N1.1m
economics- N160.000-N607,000
accounting- N250000-N1m
computer programmer- N300,000- N1.2m
geologist- N280,000-N900,000
chem/pet engineering- N305,000- N1.7m
estate management- N500,000-N1.8m
medical Doctors- N200,000-N1.3m
source?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
chikis:
Thank you.

Surething
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Olaryehmie: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Geography And Planning Nko Geography And Planning Nko

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.