Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria (98505 Views)

Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
lol,,,, pharmacy is a very nice course, u guys should leave that damsel, many and I have already posted about pharmacy and it uniqueness
Are u not the OP?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

Well, I didn't say they don't have good jobs, but its not competitive the way people see it. am a chemical engineer and I work in a good company, but I can tell you categorically that we have thin chances to compete with a mechanical, electrical and petroleum engineers mainly in the oil and gas sector.

pls mention a unique thing we do that any other engineer can not do in the industry?

I rest my case.
God bless all chemical Engineers.
bro many things, because a mechanical eng can only structure production plant but can't tell the effect of chemicals on the plant and also the feasibility of processes in the plant talk more of improving it efficiency... I stand to be corrected candidly
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Samgreguc:

Are u not the OP?
yea,,, and also a sojourner to the thread
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Bobbyzain(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Sure... It's a nice course. I studied banking/Finance because I thought it is 'marketable' too.
has it not been marketable as was stated in dis post according to ur xperience?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by seribroo56(m): 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
tell them, is just because Nigeria have not come to know the true value of chemists/chemical eng.s but let wait for development and economy sovereignty to hit the country and you will see "noble professions" dancing to the tune of production and salvaging.
exatly.are u a chemist or chem engr
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
Samgreguc:

Why then do you conclude that Pharmacy isn't on the top ten?
because is not specially base on a course being lucrative alone but instead it job offer all around the country and not concentrated on just a part, and also having a chance of earning descent pay
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
seribroo56:
exatly.are u a chemist or chem engr
Industrial chemist
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by wildikeman(m): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
Job opportunities that a degree in International
Relations will offer you
Politics and Government This degree will be
helpful for all those who wish to pursue their
career in government sector. A degree in
international relations will help you in working as
a policy analyst for any government agency or
public office. You can also work as a legislative
aide. At national level, you can take into
consideration foreign services career. This will
involve you working with top and esteemed
government organizations of your country. If you
have knowledge about other countries, their
culture, language, and so on, you can also
consider the option of joining intelligence,
security or diplomacy department.
Business and Law If you are not interested in
getting into the government department, you can
use your Degree in International Relations to
make a mark for yourself in the field of law and
business. With the advent of internet, small
merchants too have been able to create space
for themselves in the global market thus
increasing the number of job opportunities. You
can assist companies in import as well as export
restrictions, trade regulations, global
implementation of human resource policies and
so on. Apart from that if you specialize in
finance, you can opt for a career in large
investment firms or banks. Other options can be
transportation and manufacturing services.
Nonprofit A degree in International Relations also
helps you in working for the welfare of the
society. You can join nonprofit organizations that
operate on an international level. This will give
you the chance to shape your career in a local
office that has a global reach. It also increases
your chances of traveling to other countries.
Nonprofit agencies like CARE and Red Cross
provide such global service but there are many
other options too.
Language You can serve as a language
interpreter or translator if you have mastered
any of the global languages. Your growth
opportunities in this field will largely depend on
your language skills, proficiency in translating
and so on.……………the list given is based mostly on chances of employment.
thank you very much...lost hope already
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
wildikeman:
thank you very much...lost hope already
you are welcome
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
because is not specially base on a course being lucrative alone but instead it job offer all around the country and not concentrated on just a part,
Is Pharmacy concentrated in one part? If yes, which part?
and also having a chance of earning descent pay
dont all pharmacist earn a decent pay?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Samgreguc:

Is Pharmacy concentrated in one part? If yes, which part?

dont all pharmacist earn a decent pay?
I most say you are a pharmacist and that's why you remained indifferent in your ways in spite of the fact that I have raised pharmacy as much as I know about it. okay please search jobs within five days for pharmacist and tell me how many different place you will get around the country. Lagos,Abuja,Ibadan,Rivers,etc and tell me how many northern state and southern state you were able to secure. perhaps, I am even thinking of doing my Msc on pharmaceutical chemistry if God permit. how do you see it, hope it is nice, Gracial
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by DIVFAVOR(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
bro many things, because a mechanical eng can only structure production plant but can't tell the effect of chemicals on the plant and also the feasibility of processes in the plant talk more of improving it efficiency... I stand to be corrected candidly

Yes you are very correct, but do u knw if I have a company and I hv a mechanical engineer who can structure a production plant, then I will give hom an additional training to manage the process while the electrical guy will manage the control with these I hv covered every role a chemical will play. though it might be too cumbersome for them.
am only trying to let u understand that other engineers can cut inbtw us, but we can hardly do such not becos u cant but becos others are more flexible than us in terms of generality.

god bless u.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
efedua:
I most say you are a pharmacist and that's why you remained indifferent in your ways in spite of the fact that I have raised pharmacy as much as I know about it. okay please search jobs within five days for pharmacist and tell me how many different place you will get around the country. Lagos,Abuja,Ibadan,Rivers,etc and tell me how many northern state and southern state you were able to secure. perhaps, I am even thinking of doing my Msc on pharmaceutical chemistry if God permit. how do you see it, hope it is nice, Gracial
u see, Pharmacist can be in the industries(mostly in lagos) and hospitals(all over Nigeria) including others.
Pharm Chem is an aspect of Pharmacy.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by masqot(m): 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
Strive to be the best in whatever you do. A man/woman of class that cuts a niche for himself/herself. Pray as well and see that the good gets the best.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by zebra(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2014
Chucks08:
Statistics! You are sure of working almost any where with a good pay.
yes o, and u can always work for urself as a consultant statistician providing statistical support and training for researchers.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chikis(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2014
efedua:
okay o, but check out this one from Lagos
http://ng.3wjobs.com/votbAgEA.html
what I know is that industrial chemists rarely find jobs quickly but if employed they eat fat pay
I think of some big private primary and secondary schools in Lagos where they pay teachers as high as N100, 000 a month.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by FolabiCash: 8:38am On Oct 27, 2014
Since my secondary school days I've always wanted to be an Estate manager , but my FAM kicked against it , saying anybody can be an estate manager , get a shop and write ; One plot of land for sale and all.... According to them , where will I work with an estate management Bsc. that I should goan do Mechanical engineering, but thankfully I did 3 JAMB's choosing Estate Management , passed tho but OAU post jamb fail , maybe just maybe the gods really do not want me to waste years going to study estate that won't give me a good job.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by olanshilee(m): 9:02am On Oct 27, 2014
did uh frget AGRICULTURE... i pity uh coz uh go hungry likeeee

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2014
eobasi:
we re chemist!!
pls tell me more about industrial chemitry
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2014
efedua:
yea is true just like how microbiology is damned but I have hope that medical biochemistry won't be like that in the future. the most fascinating thing is that we can't tell what the future holds, just as no one thought IT would be so lucrative as it is presently. I have hope that courses linked to chemistry will one day rise up in Nigeria

microbiology have more job opportunity than biochemistry.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chiboy429(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Sure... It's a nice course. I studied banking/Finance because I thought it is 'marketable' too.

No wonder you are among those counting the millions in the country
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by ashtun01: 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
fulfillment22:

Pls, which kind of english is this?
. It is the correct kind, it is yours you should check/correct "Which kind of".
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by deluxe83: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Nice write-up, truly marketable courses except Mass Communication.

Hu yarn u dat shocked
ayukdaboss:
Nice write-up, truly marketable courses except Mass Communication.

Hu yarn u dat
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by swhiss: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
how lucrative is Civil Engineering??
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
swhiss:
how lucrative is Civil Engineering??
very lucrative. wink
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
chikis:
I think of some big private primary and secondary schools in Lagos where they pay teachers as high as N100, 000 a month.
yea that is Lagos and perhaps big private schools
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

Yes you are very correct, but do u knw if I have a company and I hv a mechanical engineer who can structure a production plant, then I will give hom an additional training to manage the process while the electrical guy will manage the control with these I hv covered every role a chemical will play. though it might be too cumbersome for them.
am only trying to let u understand that other engineers can cut inbtw us, but we can hardly do such not becos u cant but becos others are more flexible than us in terms of generality.

god bless u.
okay sir
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Newman3: 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Jarus:

The interviewee is spot on. I agree with him. I also always tell people this.

I hold ICAN certificate myself and that is what I use to work.
Pls Jarus kindly share with the possible Test Forms of Bgl Plc.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by olanyte: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
let me go back to school to study medicine.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
Add C00201E85 and get more updates on jobs.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 3:55am On Oct 28, 2014
giftforlife9:

microbiology have more job opportunity than biochemistry.
Stop deceiving yourself, a biochemist can do everything and work in anywhere a microbiologist can work, but a microbiologist can't be as versatile as a biochemist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.