Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (238572 Views)

Shiites Protest, Demand Release Of El-zakzaky In Kaduna (PICTURE) / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by franksam2009: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2015
flylykace:
It has been my wish to be here instead of the one I am into now,
The gods are not to blame
no need to wish, NDA is a big scam, you can't get admission there unless you spend at least 600k. or if your papa na higher rank army or related

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by segxi1960: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

Wow! 9 months of rigorous training.... Are there monthly stipends attached during the period?

Urgh!. It's a Service!.

The life of the country is in your hands yet you're talking about monthly stipends.

No, no monthly stipends!.

Stay Out!.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by celeron40(m): 8:39am On Feb 14, 2015
Ijeleigbo:

Wow! 9 months of rigorous training.... Are there monthly stipends attached during the period?
Of course..once you've taken part in the Oath Ceremony upon intake, you are now a member of the Armed Forces..to be under military law and traditions...stipends range between 30-45k per month..however, you will only be able to spend a small percentage..the rest is compulsorily saved up for the cadet.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by SenatorJames(m): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2015
I love what i'm seeing this morning. NDA is a nice place to be, but what you will face outside the Academy is what may not be palatable. Just like how we enjoyed NYSC Orientation camp, but later faced the hardest part of life in our various villages of service for the nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by murtaj(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
I wish am there
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by munex007(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
The same Academy GMB attended ..And some people will see say he is an illiterate

celeron40:
NDA cadet Noel Moses winning the BEST ALLIED CADET AWARD at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, U.K..(He was selected to represent Nigeria at Sanhurst completing his final year at NDA in Sandhurst)
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
SirShymexx:
I just saw a picture that looks like a parachute regiment training.

Does Nigeria have a parachute regiment? - that'll be interesting. grin

But these folks still don't know how to carry guns smh. undecided
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
moststylish:
lol...u are a dodo
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ijeleigbo:
Please knowledgeable people should enlighten me on the direct short service combatants for graduates.
Is the 9 months only for training alone?
military traditions and intensive military training
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
franksam2009:
no need to wish, NDA is a big scam, you can't get admission there unless you spend at least 600k. or if your papa na higher rank army or related
if u read well and is prayerful...guys get in on merit...
.IREPMOGADISHUBATTALION
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
OP,the NDA is more or less a primary schl when compared to the American defense academy. We 've not got there yet.
u mean us states military academy at west point?....no big deal about what dey do there..all military norm is kill and not be killed. dats d general thing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
8ightball:
With all these training facilities, BOKO HARAM still hands their a**es over to them in battle. #wonders
since its soo easy.why didnt u join?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Gentlebabs(m): 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
redsun:

Melo what? NDA candidates are allocated quotas to all the corrupt Nigerians. All the prospective candidates attends the entrance exams with letters from their god fathers,so a candidate without one hass no chance,irrespective of his or her mental intelligence and physical prowess.

Nigeria is a rogue country,so is the military. And you likely to be a rogue too.
these vcould be adduced to the reason why we have soldiers allegedly running away from the same people they are trained to dis-member and exterminate. I am talking about them Bravo Hotels.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Gentlebabs(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
obaayo2:
Great MOGADISHU battalion.. abode of action men.
GID BLESS THE NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY
How pleasant and soothingly refreshing it feels; to do what you love and love what you do. Your passion is infectious!
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
franksam2009:
Fat lie
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
NDA is one of the best cadet training school in the world
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:

But the school is just too cold,moTtos are too cold,trainings too harsh,i would die if I come to this school,the school is very beautiful though,but looks like a yard of suffering and misery to me
hehhehe. To get the job done. U must face this harsh training

2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
IbnSultaan:
you are right
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by staph69(f): 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
shady26:
joinning the military is not getting employment, its signing away your life to defend and protect the nation, its sovereignity nd people. pls dont go their and create problems for us!
Kudos to our most gallant NA,much respect. on the other hand shame to the NPF,u guys need to sit up to ur responsiblities .
I tink hes not joining the ssc rada the dss which is 6month. coming out as a lt. I dnt tink the finance offrs go to d war front
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by staph69(f): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
segxi1960:

Urgh!. It's a Service!.

The life of the country is in your hands yet you're talking about monthly stipends.

No, no monthly stipends!.

Stay Out!.
yes there is. I tink 48k or so im not really sure
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by iamrealdeji(m): 7:23am On Feb 15, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Bros,there is no harder life than this,no wonder the likes of Buhari are still strong till date,i bet he also went through all these harsh trainings,but to my believe,all soldiers could be so ruthless and killing another human is nothing to them
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Bros,there is no harder life than this,no wonder the likes of Buhari are still strong till date,i bet he also went through all these harsh trainings,but to my believe,all soldiers could be so ruthless and killing another human is nothing to them
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by musiwa97: 8:58am On Feb 15, 2015
Otunibadan, they can only build a new NDA in western nigeria
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by moststylish(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
obaayo2:
why will he die?..when im in my 3rd year and didnt die..
so how did u managed?i have done planting exercise before n i knw its not cool
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by maafen: 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes....and by the time you live in a country where there is no Army......you will say the same thing from your UNRWA refugee camp somewhere near Yaounde!
There are countries with little or no Army and the citizens are not in refugee camps
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by samkizzy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Cool thread
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by segxi1960: 11:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
staph69:

yes there is. I tink 48k or so im not really sure

There is,

I'm just trying to tell him to join the mil. for the passion rather than the "stipend".
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Legendoscar2: 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
naijaking1:
Just like the NYSC, the intention to establish the NDA was good, but the practices have made a mess of everything.
One retired officer, a Lt. Col I met recently said that the army has lost its way in Nigeria beginning from the admission practices at NDA. Because of quota system, you have some with a score of 490 out of say 500 from Anambra, Imo, Delta, or Oyo sitting in the same classroom with someone who scored 20 or 30 out of 500 from Katsine, Zamfara, or Kano.
Or worse still, someone who had successfully bribed his way into the class room could be your class mate.
My friend made another good point: once you're admitted through corruption and compromise of the scores, you always remain corrupt, and cheat your way till retirement! Only in Nigeria.
Compared to other national defense academies established about the same time in other nations like India, Brazil, and Malaysia, our NDA is a sorry sight.
Sadly It's always been like that....the quota system, that's how come Buhari could gain admission without a proper waec certificate while his mates from other regions were making grades 1 and 2.
You can see MOST of the boys in those group pictures look mostly Northern.
Other than that the only consideration that you will find is those boys from Military School(NMS), Zaria.
May be things have changed so much since my time there as a 41st regular course graduate but I doubt if you will find the sort of thing you described up there as the norm.
Your last comment that the NDA is a sorry sight is out of ignorance. You've year in and year out an academy that updates itself and trains some of the best military formations not just in Nigeria but within the sub region as well.....research a little more my friend. The op has been doing a good job so let's enjoy this rare images
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 12:10am On Feb 18, 2015
killercute16:
Mehn you just fall my hand big time.....You of all pple angry
I did Correct MySelf Dou...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023: Result Updates from INEC portal & Collation / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / Nigerian States And What They Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.