Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Rich Churches, Poor Members - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Churches, Poor Members (30713 Views)

Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 22, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Well they mostly stay away from the 'Prosperity Gospel' and the pastors/ministers/priests are more interested in getting a message across than having a three hour service to entertain and whip the congregation up into a frenzy.

And although there have been some very notable examples (thankfully rare) of pastor 'scammers' the pastors are generally honest and do not try to fleece the congregation with them often taking a fixed salary and the bulk of the collections and or tithes (if that Church/Denomination tithes) goes to charitable causes within the community or in the developing world.

In the USA the services tend to be (often) a little more... um ... shall we say ... exuberant!

You are on point smiley

They give back massively to the community unlike Nigerian churches

They are the true definition of what a church should be

2 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Maximillian1: 12:25am On Mar 22, 2015
I swear dis church matter pains me a lot...i mean y d Bleep would people be dis dumb The pastors are comfortable,drive good cars,wear expensive clothes,most of them even own jets and when you ask the bastards,they tell you that its Fr evangelism...well people are suffering and they still donate part of deir incomes to bastards who don't need it and i dont really care cos its their choice to remain stupid..SMH(sorry fr using the word bastards but I just can't get hold of myself concerning dis matter)

8 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2015
Church business is a lucrative business especially in African because people no longer believe in hardwork but miracles.

5 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:28am On Mar 22, 2015
Just thinking and reflecting on this topic the following struck me:

Christ was born poor. In a stable with farm animals!

He lived poor, primarily on the charity of others. You could almost say (and I NOT mean this in any derogatory manner whatsoever) as a beggar.

He was humble and rode on a donkey when he could have had a horse.

Went almost naked (probable loincloth and crown of thorns) to his death and were it not for the generosity of his followers would have had a paupers grave for a tomb (what he got was not particularly grand anyway with a rolled stone for a doorway).

A bit of a contrast to private jets, fleets of cars and rich soft living!

Please don't get me wrong I have nothing against the 'easy life' but when it comes off the sweat of those less fortunate then something just does not sit well with me!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by iamMrAnDre(m): 12:30am On Mar 22, 2015
[ ]I ask myself sometimes, "Wetin concern Pastors and politics"?

That's why I love Jehovah's witnesses. They are the only ones who view every member as equals. They don't have anyone called pastor that will be collecting all the money.

Making offering is not by force, they just have a Small box for contributions, if you're willing ro contribute, you contribute. God do not accept contributions that does not come from the heart. Even if it is 50 kobo that is you last money, God (Jehovah) appreciates.

God will never bless you according to the amount you give to him, what he wants is your best.

Make sure you understand what the bible says before you act, do not allow a pastor or someone else to explain the bible for you wrongly. Pastors are not suppose to focus their preaching on riches wealth or the death of their enemies.

God's kingdom is what Jesus Christ ask us to pray for and preach about.

I wonder why I should pray for fire on my enemies when I can pray to God to forgive them and help them to repent and do God's will.

Be wise [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:32am On Mar 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Church business is a lucrative business especially in African because people no longer believe in hardwork but miracles.

How very true. They are told if they pray and believe hard enough they will be blessed by wealth.

So they will be but it may just be spiritual wealth rather than material!

Fast for your miracle and it will surely come true (?).

No one ever stops to wonder if it is in Gods plan for them to be rich - it just seems to be Oh God this is what I want so you must give it to me.

Whatever happened to "THY will be done".

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by mustymatic(m): 12:34am On Mar 22, 2015
Some are boko haram sponsors
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Bexson: 12:41am On Mar 22, 2015
almostFamous:

All the youth care about as it is, is a church that would allow them wear bum shorts and leave their hair uncovered,a church where they can dance shoki, a church where the ushers try to hook up male and female members. Its unfortunate
Sounding like an embittered Deeper Life brainwashed fellow - or their ilk.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by adconline(m): 12:57am On Mar 22, 2015
Scamming in the name of God..

2 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Una no dey tire? Gossiping
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 22, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Una no dey tire? Gossiping
Here is one of them...the self acclaimed pastors scamming people about

3 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Horus(m): 1:51am On Mar 22, 2015
Pastors ask for tithes in the name of God. They say “God needs your help building the church”. What does god need with a multi-million dollar church? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by gabbrri(m): 2:40am On Mar 22, 2015
Welll said
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by entparrot(f): 3:41am On Mar 22, 2015
My people stop paying tithe and offering, God don't need your money. You work for it, so just enjoy it with your family, relatives and friends.

If you want to give money, give it to your ageing parent, or some poor people around you.

Christianity is found base on lies, (yes there is God, but only your heart connect him) most stories in the bible are fraudulent.

If we all can agree to stop paying stupid tax to church. church business will close.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by crackhouse(m): 3:48am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....
it is either u are a pastor or u are nursing the idea of becoming one.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by manot: 4:31am On Mar 22, 2015
[quote
author=tolexy007 post=31870542]Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always
like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too
much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....[/quote]the truth must be told pastors are not saints
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Untrollable: 4:53am On Mar 22, 2015
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by anonimi: 4:54am On Mar 22, 2015
Only CHRISTians who are poor in the SPIRITS allow themselves to be SCAMMED by pastors who become rich at their own expense & detriment!
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by slap1(m): 5:05am On Mar 22, 2015
I'm an Anglican but I worshipped (for the first time) with Winners Chapel last Sunday and the experience was awesome! I'm going there today and have enrolled in the Baptism Class.

I'm there to worship the God of men, not the men of God.

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by chysam: 5:44am On Mar 22, 2015
Bonapart:
Let God be the judge. And know how you refer to men of God. My own penny though

Are you a man of Satan?,if they are men of God. Did Jesus not ask them not to lay treasures on earth? You are as gullible and as brainwashed as charged.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by p1jiobi: 5:50am On Mar 22, 2015
Op u are obviously a sorruy excuse of a man. I tithe nd faithfully give my offerrings, guess what am not poorer for it. I sow bountifully and reap bountifully. If that hurts u, pls take a plunge in d atlantic ocean, or better still hug my transformer. Tithe wld always be paid and we are blessed doing it ok, pls deal with it.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Missmossy(f): 5:51am On Mar 22, 2015
Smh @ some comments here. Only God knows those who serve him dilligently and he will surely reward them in the open. We humans should just play our own roles and leave the rest to God.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by laplace12(m): 5:56am On Mar 22, 2015
There is still a church taking care of the needy, sending orphans to school and touching lives on daily bases. But none of these is appreciated. All they get in return is incessant attacks and slandering.

They church is Synagogue church of all nations and the MOG is prophet T.B Joshua.

If you are not a church member, don't talk about church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by kraftyiyk: 6:22am On Mar 22, 2015
p1jiobi:
Op u are obviously a sorruy excuse of a man. I tithe nd faithfully give my offerrings, guess what am not poorer for it. I sow bountifully and reap bountifully. If that hurts u, pls take a plunge in d atlantic ocean, or better still hug my transformer. Tithe wld always be paid and we are blessed doing it ok, pls deal with it.
typical Zombie... until you learn to ask questions, you will never learn.
you pay for salvation huh?.. who does your pastor pay his tithe to?

how much did God collect from him before he gave him salvation?

if Jesus was to reappear, would he have bought fleet of cars and private jets ?

one more question for you, why couldn't you afford to pay covenant university school fees?... after paying all those tithes?
sincerely, considering what is happening in Nigerian Pentecostal churches today, if Jesus was to make a sudden appearance, he certainly will be discouraged.. and probably go back to carpentering!!!

flamboyancy is never among what he thought his disciples.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Montaque(m): 6:25am On Mar 22, 2015
I think part of the problem is because our churches practice Nigerian style federalism.
All the local churches sweat to enrich the national headquarters. A bigger percentage of what the local churches get is transferred to the headquarters where it won't be of much help to the local members that contributed it.
Just like a local church sending 60% of its 'revenue' or even 80% in some months,leaving just a peanut for their daily maintenance.
Its Just like the secular constitutional/foundational problems in Nigeria, and its resultant effects on the states.

Anyway,christianity is a personal race, just do your humble part,satisfy your conscience and leave the rest to God who is the judge of all things.
Godbless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by otokx(m): 6:33am On Mar 22, 2015
The bad Nigerian mentality has finally overtaken the Nigerian church. As Femi Kuti sang - na pastor life dey better, the people dey suffer.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by femisek(m): 6:43am On Mar 22, 2015
The platform of church is to feed ur spiritual thirst for God,everything else is CSR n secondary .I'm yet to see a church that enforce offering and tithe its from your heart to give.why should the church be responsible for poverty in the land I will never accept that line of thought.Is church money meant only to give back to society,How about administration ,purchase of land/tentage of property,instrument for worship e.t.c consumption of diesel for a single service is high I am a pastor and will defend the church with my last breadth. Some pastor overdo and are corrupt but they should not be the point of contact for those by the grace of God that are in good standing with God and administering the church with fear of God

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by GangsterRevd: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2015
Blind people will never see the truth in the post... The church has lost most of its values. As an Anglican I get amused when dsp alameseigha home is used for Sunday cell worship and Chris Uba is invited to church to raise finds. Let God be the judge in the end

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by micrep3030(m): 7:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Destiny
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by BinghiNya(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....
christianity is the greatest scam of all time, a sham of a religion, what more can I say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.