Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,517 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! (14491 Views)

How Ojogbane Adegbe Transported N10bn In 17 Suitcases To PDP Chiefs - Today.ng / Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 26, 2014
bashydemy:
Oga you are wrong yourself, it should $12m. Should calculated this was.... 7791000/0.647 ans let me know how you arrive at $12b

Agreed. But as I wrote previously, I entered a full stop instead of a comma. An entirely plausible mistake given it was very early in the day, and considering the proximity of the "." and "," on a qwerty keyboard. The correct value is still N7,791M which was equivalent to $12b. Which still makes liars on both sides as it invalidates the claim that Nigeria earned less than $1b in 1977, and also the claim that Nigeria earned $14b.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2014
This was reiterated by General Obasanjo in 1990 in his book "Not My Will" in which Obasanjo praised Buhari’s "honesty", "moral probity and rectitude".
Just got back from church to see this. I think I'd toast to this!! smiley

Errrm, Barcanista and phockphockman, you guys are invited!! cheesy

Forgot, think berem says she likes Hennesy as well. She can join us. smiley

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:

Thanks brother...why you invite that phockery man? angry
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
I just like the guy. Don't know why. Think he'd have a change of heart pretty soon. smiley
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:
I just like the guy. Don't know why. Think he'd have a change of heart pretty soon. smiley
that phockery man will make it in p*rn industry grin
Na that benin guy called Mogidi na I like pass, I don't knw when he will go into palmwine tapping fulltime. This TAN job no favor am at all. grin
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
that phockery man will make it in p*rn industry grin
Na that benin guy called Mogidi na I like pass, I don't knw when he will go into palmwine tapping fulltime. This TAN job no favor am at all. grin
Mogidi Are you kidding me
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by bashydemy(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
NeoTesla:

Agreed. But as I wrote previously, I entered a full stop instead of a comma. An entirely plausible mistake given it was very early in the day, and considering the proximity of the "." and "," on a qwerty keyboard. The correct value is still N7,791M which was equivalent to $12b. Which still makes liars on both sides as it invalidates the claim that Nigeria earned less than $1b in 1977, and also the claim that Nigeria earned $14b.
Oga how are you calculating your own to get to $12b instead of $12m
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:
Mogidi Are you kidding me
he's very passionate about Jonathan's project. Putting so much effort in a failed project
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
The legend of Buhari continues

Everybody around him always have questions or allegations of corruption while Buhari remains "Mr Clean".

All I see is a man who has mastered the art of stealing by proxy and using proxies to do his dirty deals!

2 Likes

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
he's very passionate about Jonathan's project. Putting so much effort in a failed project
Screw his passion. He disgusts me. He lies too much. Hate it whenever he mentions me.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:
Screw his passion. He disgusts me. He lies too much. Hate it whenever he mentions me.
lolsSs I understand sha. Hw service? Those TANoids have gone beserk again o
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
lolsSs I understand sha. Hw service? Those TANoids have gone beserk again o
Direct me to the spot.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:
Direct me to the spot.
that gej vs gmb thread created by that eAssassin and which you have responded to
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by omenka(m): 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
that gej vs gmb thread created by that eAssassin and which you have responded to
Mscheeew. Didn't even bother reading it.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
atlwireles:

Why are are you running around in circle, you already your post link, now tell us the value of the numbers in dollars, from your own link. We are going somewhere. Tell us that value in US dollars for your posted N7,791.0 million in 1977

Please stop insulting intelligent people, in 1977, exchange rate was what? if Nigeria was making 7 million naira in 1977, if exchanged to dollars, would that be 14 billion dollars?
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by honeric01(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
NeoTesla:

Sorry sir but it seems you skipped mathematics class.

even if 1 naira was $2 in 1977, 7 million naira would give you 14 million dollars.

A dollar was less than 1 million, which means we would get something less than 7 million dollars.

I don't like math, yet I know this simple conversion.

I don't know if na calculator dey misbehave oh or na u decide to drink and calculate.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by PhockPhockMan: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:

Forgot, think berem says she likes Hennesy as well. She can join us. smiley
My friend, every allegation has it own denials. No big deal.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by PhockPhockMan: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
Wetin be your problem. I snatched your girl?

1 Like

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by nuclearboy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
First of all, when they say we were producing 1.82 Million barrels daily, it doesn't mean we did that every single day. Just as $18 per barrel doesn't mean that is the exact amount we sold each single day through the year. One would expect that we are somewhat educated to be on social media

So please first, start by throwing out your math deductions.

Nigeria's TOTAL OIL income (according to records) for 1977 was 6,080.6 million (http://www.academia.edu/222415/NIGERIAN_BUDGETING_PROCESS_AND_THE_MAGNITUDE_OF_BUDGET_VARIANCES). At this time (between 1974 and 1979), Nigeria's share of the income was 55%. Please note this is OIL income as total Federal income was 7,791,000 million.

This 55% was shared by Federal, State, LGs and reserves

Do the math to know how the federal govt didn't earn 17 billion or such like. Then the govt also had reserves they put money into too. It was the "balance" after all the above and projections of income for the incoming year and projected expenditures that helped determine the budget for the next year.

To confirm anyway, in his 1967-77 budget speech, General Obasanjo stated, that "while government revenue for the 1975-76 fiscal year was 3.9 billion (TOTAL and including non oil income), recurrent and capital expenditures totaled 4.8 billion". (Nigeria: The politics of adjustment and democracy - By Julius Omozuanvbo Ihonvbere. page 22). This was Federal Revenue.

To illustrate, Nigeria's current budget is approx 5 Trillion. Is that our total income?

I am searching for verifiable links (just as the above) to defend the figure I put up for Nigeria's 1977 budget. Until I find such and present it (to the "source addicts"wink, let me beg your indulgence.

It is however instructive that this case has been investigated over and over and nothing has been found to it. Any banker will tell you too that nobody accepts 2.8Billion Naira - the "rent" on such amount (interest etc) will kill the bank

1 Like

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Imoy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
egift:
Jonathan and his Supporters are drowning in Corruption and their only camouflage at redemption is to smear the Good Name of Gen. Buhari.

Jonathan has failed Nigerians. We will not reward failure with Promotion. The Zoologist is going Home.

Sibabasibaba1:
Hypocrites! You are quick to believe Buhari's account but are quick to dismiss another person's account. Didn't the Senate, an independent body, say Sanusi lied regarding the alleged missing NNPC $20b yet you guys will insist that GEJ and Dezieni stole our money.

Why believe Buhari that no N2.8 which in today's value is over N2 trillion was missing and doubt Dezieni and the Senate that no $20bn is missing? That is hypocricy. If you insist money is missing now, others have the right to insist that money missed during Buhari's time.

So Buhari is saying that the 53 suitcases issue was a case of the press believing what it wants to believe? Lol! But you all do not give the current government any benefit of the doubt. Even after govt's explanations we still doubt it's side of the story. If we believe the stories our press carry now, why should we doubt what the press carried then? The press then was non partisan and was even more professional. Ask any Nigerian media studies scholar and he will confirm that professionalism has taken flight in journalism.

So, Buhari should sing us another song. For all we care, N2.8bn missed under his watch and his propensity for nepotism once more manifested when he allowed 53 suit cases of his cronies to come into the country when there was a law that nothing should enter and nothing should leave.

Next page!
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
anonimi:

And why did INdiscipline_arian and inCORRUPTible Buhari not jail Obasanjo shocked

Either because they are paddy-paddy or he himself (Buhari) stole the money. So na which one
Because a commission said no money was missing or are you blind or just ignorant?

1 Like

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
atlwireles:

Where do you people come up with these stories? Nigeria collected about N7B in 1977 as oil revenue, which was about $14B, by the way $14B in 1977 is around $56B today.. These are documented facts.
How the hell is $14b back then $56b today? Are you ok?

P.S: do us a favor and show us a pic of how you look. If you don't look poverty stricken I owe you $1000.

2 Likes

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by AMINU4(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
what abt de billions of dollars dat got missing for de last five yrs live buhari alone!!!!!
sai buhari 2015.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
tit:
Buhari: Boko Haram are freedom fighters!
That was actually GEJ's godfather, Bamanga Tukur, that said that.

1 Like

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Imoy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lordlexyy:
He owe no one no explanation. Choose what you want to believe. Like he said, he tried severally to give reasons but unreasonable fellow held on to the stereotype of 53 cases. That's all you folks sing all day even after his name wasn't indicted and no money was said to be missing. Generation before, now and after will continue to bear record of the sterlin performance of the General after the several appointment he help.

Sibabasibaba1:
Hypocrites! You are quick to believe Buhari's account but are quick to dismiss another person's account. Didn't the Senate, an independent body, say Sanusi lied regarding the alleged missing NNPC $20b yet you guys will insist that GEJ and Dezieni stole our money.

Why believe Buhari that no N2.8 which in today's value is over N2 trillion was missing and doubt Dezieni and the Senate that no $20bn is missing? That is hypocricy. If you insist money is missing now, others have the right to insist that money missed during Buhari's time.

So Buhari is saying that the 53 suitcases issue was a case of the press believing what it wants to believe? Lol! But you all do not give the current government any benefit of the doubt. Even after govt's explanations we still doubt it's side of the story. If we believe the stories our press carry now, why should we doubt what the press carried then? The press then was non partisan and was even more professional. Ask any Nigerian media studies scholar and he will confirm that professionalism has taken flight in journalism.

So, Buhari should sing us another song. For all we care, N2.8bn missed under his watch and his propensity for nepotism once more manifested when he allowed 53 suit cases of his cronies to come into the country when there was a law that nothing should enter and nothing should leave.

Next page!
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Wetin be your problem. I snatched your girl?
lolssssss you fit?
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by PhockPhockMan: 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
omenka:
Me become Janjaweeeeed? May be when Buhari joins Redeemed Church of God.

3 Likes

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by frankyychiji(f): 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Is obvious comprehension is your major challenge, tribalist!
Oga, what are you talking about? You are still not making sense at all.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
bashydemy:
Oga how are you calculating your own to get to $12b instead of $12m

honeric01:

Sorry sir but it seems you skipped mathematics class.
even if 1 naira was $2 in 1977, 7 million naira would give you 14 million dollars.
A dollar was less than 1 million, which means we would get something less than 7 million dollars.
I don't like math, yet I know this simple conversion.
I don't know if na calculator dey misbehave oh or na u decide to drink and calculate.

I must have been very silly to assume that retards would know that N7,791 million is the same as N7.791 billion.

2 Likes

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Lordlexyy: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
frankyychiji:
Oga, what are you talking about? You are still not making sense at all.
Jobless troll like u only show up to make baseless remarks. Go get something doing if you don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by Sirniyeh(m): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
atlwireles:

I think that number is inverted, to the best of my knowledge the dollar was not greater than the Naira in 1977. Please correct your mistake.

I follow all arguments but now I know that you are out of track. I will open another thread for exchange rate since 1972

Watch out

1 Like

Re: N2.8M Missing, 53 Suitcases Saga: BUHARI Clears The Air! by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
NeoTesla:

I must have been very silly to assume that retards would know that N7,791 million is the same as N7.791 billion.

Pardon?

I don't get you, mind rephrasing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart / FG Partners Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians In IT / Buni, Malami, Emefiele To Confer With Buhari In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.