Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters (46128 Views)

How Ojogbane Adegbe Transported N10bn In 17 Suitcases To PDP Chiefs - Today.ng / Just In: Document Showing The Transfer Of $47m From CBN Loaded In 11 Suitcases / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Blacksodje(m): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
SaharaReporters has obtained a copy of a memo sent by former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, to the Central Bank of Nigeria requesting that $47 million in cash be handed over to the NSA’s Director of Finance, Shuaibu Salisu.

The memo, which was approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria, enabled Mr. Salisu to collect $47 million from the CBN headquarters in Abuja. He then stuffed the cash into 11 suitcases and delivered them to Mr. Dasuki at home.

The money was then handed over to officials of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for political campaign purposes.

SEE FULL REPORT BELOW-The Nation newspaper

I delivered $47m in 11 suitcases to Dasuki – Ex-director of ONSA

A former Director of Finance in the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), Shuaibu Salisu, has stated that $47million was withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 11 suit cases.

The latest revelation throws more light on how an estimated at $2billion meant for arms procurement was allegedly diverted by senior government officials and politicians during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

Salisu said he suspected that the cash might have been given to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He, however, said as a civil servant, he was innocent because he only carried out instructions from the ex-National Security Adviser, Mr. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki.

It was also discovered that N10billion was withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for gubernatorial and State Houses of Assembly elections.

The payment of the N10billion was authenticated by former Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who has said she transferred $322 million from the Abacha loot to Dasuki, following instruction from Dr. Jonathan.

Salisu opened up in a Statement of Witness/Accused he wrote under oath in the presence of investigators of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The statement was attached to the charges preferred against Salisu and filed in the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in preparation for his arraignment by the EFCC today before Justice H.Y. Baba and Justice P.O. Affen.

Salisu, who said he did not benefit from all the slush funds from the CBN, said: “I could remember on the 20/11/2014 , I was directed by the NSA, M.S. Dasuki to go to the CBN and collect the sum of $47m in cash and the balance in Euro and the directive was obeyed and the monies were delivered to the NSA in about 11 suit cases.

“I acknowledged the receipt of the money from the CBN which was handed over to M.S. Dasuki.

“I think the monies were meant for PDP. After delivery, I left, I did not see or know when the money was distributed.

“I did not benefit even one cent. The request for the funds was tag(sic) Special Services signed by the NSA, M.S. Dasuki, addressed to the Governor of CBN.

“I did not know the source of the money into our CBN Account. The foreign currencies that I collected from the CBN were delivered to the NSA in his house, No. 13, John Kadiya Street, Asokoro.”
The Nation obtained memos of some of the curious withdrawals.

In a November 26, 2014 memo to the Central Bank Governor(NSA /366/S), the former NSA instructed as follows: “Further to our discussion, you are pleased requested to provide the sum of $47m cash out of the N10 billion and the balance in Euro to this office for special services.

“Mr. S.A Salisu, Director of Finance and Administration, is hereby authorised to sign and collect the amount. Please accept, Your Excellency , the assurances of my highest esteem.
In another April 10, 2015 letter, BPSD/CRC/ GEN/FMF/01/36 by the Banking and Payment System Department, the CBN authenticated payment mandate of N10billion to the ONSA for preparation for gubernatorial and State Assembly elections.

The letter, signed by CBN Director, Banking and Payments System Department, reads: “In accordance with your letters, Ref. No. HMF/FMF/082.F15276.7 and F.15276 respectively on the above subject, we forward herewith the following mandate for authentication. Mandate Ref. FD/LP(9/4/2015)-N5,000,000,000 to National Security Adviser Account No. 0029172241019, CBN; another N5,000,000,000 to National Security Adviser Account No. 1014199287, Zenith Bank, K-City Plaza, WUSE II Abuja.

“Purpose of payment: “Being amount released to the Office of National Security Adviser(ONSA) from the Signatory Bonus Account in preparation for the forthcoming Gubernatorial / State Assembly elections as approved by AGF.

“The Honourable Minister may wish to authenticate this mandate to enable the CBN remit the fund.”

In a short note to approve the request Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala simply said: “Authenticated” and signed.

There are indications that the EFCC may invite Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala “for clarifications”. She has openly admitted that she released $322million to ex-NSA Dasuki from the Abacha loot recovered.

“We have to find out from her whether or not due process was followed. She also needs to tell the anti-graft agency whether such a release was appropriated or not,” a source told The Nation, pleading not to be named because he is not authorised to speak on the matter.

This followed an application for the enforcement of Salisu’s fundamental human rights by his counsel, A.U Mustapha.

Mustapha had sought for a declaration that the “arrest and continuous detention of Salaisu by the EFCC since November 20, 2015 constitutes a gross violation of the applicant’s rights to personal liberty and freedom of movement respectively guaranteed under sections 35 and 41 of the 1999 Constitution.

“A declaration that the arrest and continuous detention of the applicant in custody without any charge since November 20 with a view to denying him freedom of movement as guaranteed by 1999 Constitution and .article 10(1) of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights( Ratification and Enforcement) Act Cap A9 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria is accordingly unlawful, unconstitutional and illegal.

“An order directing the EFCC to release the applicant forthwith without any condition.

“An order as the Honourable Court may deem fit to make in the circumstances of the application.”

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/12/evidence-emerges-47-million-taken-central-bank-stuffed-11-suitcases

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by efilefun(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Sahara reporters are one of the best if not the best when it comes to investigative journalism, that's why they looking for every means to shut them up. I will continue saying this, if all the funds "borrowed" by those criminals in the previous administration are recovered it will sustain the nation for the next four years without spending a dime from money generated by NNPC and others. It still beats my imagination how some people still call this criminals hero after all this revelations and confessions. Hopefully before the year runs out we would start seeing some of them get Kirikiri jersey numbers

267 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by jane0000(f): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hmmm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by efilefun(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Mods need to push this to FP to educate those illiterates that had been calling the recent revelations lies chukwudi and his fellow wailers need to come show us this ain't true and tell us how GEJ ordered their arrests before and Buhari is just living on GEJ's achievements

Ismahill:
ogaaaaaa oooooooooo......if pdp had won d 2015 election,Nigeria 4 dn go bankrupt
Bankruptcy would have been better than waking up one morning to see the country had been sold to Cameroon or Benin republic

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by talktonase(m): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
For the nxt 4yrs this is all the media will be publiciziing

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by greatiyk4u(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
These sahara reporters be winch?........how dem take dey dig out all these secrets?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Ismahill(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
ogaaaaaa oooooooooo......if pdp had won d 2015 election,Nigeria 4 dn go bankrupt

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Mutuwa(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
greatiyk4u:
These sahara reporters be winch?........how dem take dey dig out all these secrets?

Winchry nah!

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by chris4gold(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by opalu: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
God help Nigeria
Nigerians help Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by airmark(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
The last administration successfully signed the nigerian economy into penury.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Lucialovely(f): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
shocked shocked cry cry these politicians are killing our country for Christ sake! cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by bittertalk1993(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
Jesu gba mi, but wen will POLITHIEVING stop in my dear country. D youths of 2day wit gud sense of humor nids 2 stand up and rule.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Blacksodje(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
lalasticlala, please do the needful

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Elijah348(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
Woooooow ........

Naija which way!?!?

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by 22logos: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
And they are complaining they cant pay 18k minimum wage nof less than 100 dollar....When shall all this end?? 47million dollars...How will Nigeria ever develope........
[size=16pt]
Need a Good company logo today?
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by damton(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
b
Ismahill:

Abi dem for don sell Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by tollytexy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Saharaaaaa lol.. i hope it's true.. i hope you're not like vivian jist

4 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
May God punish all responsible for siphoning nigeria's funds. I don't know why the hangman's noose isn't on their neck as we speak

4 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by lilprinze: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
I think it's high time we fixed death penalty on corrupt politicians in this country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Sambo Dasuki is the CBN governor in disguise with the fraudulent ways he handled the sharing/transactions.

What is left to see or hear is the sharing formula that was used by Dasuki. grin

I just hope all these revelations will not be swept under the carpet in the end because serious damage has been done to the economy by few heartless people. It is well with our economy.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by tomdon(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
so instead of fighting boko haram they were busy sharing za moni while book haram flourished.

And all these opaque trials. mcheew
if it was in saner climes, crimes of these magnitude would be publicly tried
openly and fairly in national interest.

so if not for Saharareporters giving leaks, only God knows what buhari's aim is

10 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by missKiffy(f): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
These pple were milking Nigeria dry

1 Like

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by landinfo: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Just watching keenly on future eventz & post-Buhari era
Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Horlawale1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
God punish the looters

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by hazyfm1: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
cry

My eyes are soaked.... because I see hundreds and thousands begging for food everyday yet a fellow Nigerian has the heart to loot this much! Chai

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by iceberylin(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nigerians are the major problem Nigeria has.....

1 Like

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by wayaa007(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
Enough of this media trials, send someone to jail!!!! haba now, this is more than enough evidence to prosecute any one, what the lawyers of the accused should be doing is a plea bargain, like telling the judges, please don't give my client, death by hanging, just give him life with hard labor grin grin grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by passionate88: 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
sahara

1 Like

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by Omotayor123(f): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
Waiting for them to come and deny this news undecided

1 Like

Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by SaiBuharii: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
S
Re: Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters by edgyslim: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
These men nor dey fear God o. See funds wey few people dey share. Thank God Jonathan was booted out.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of House Of Jelili Adesiyan In Ibadan / "The Last Thing Nnamdi Kanu Told Me" – Ejiofor, IPOB Lawyer / APC's Promise Of Providing 3,000,000 Jobs In A Year: I Just Want To Remind PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.