Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood (3665 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics / Jonathan Carrying A 4-Day-Old Baby Delivered By Flood Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by oyinkanolu: 3:24am On Oct 26, 2014
A resident of 'Ile Epo, Abule Egba along the Iyana Ipaja express way, Lagos, sent in these photos detailing how much havoc the rain caused today.
The Resident said:

"Today's rain led to a flood and a heavy traffic ensued. It got so bad that drivers were using bowls to pour out water from their vehicles...Fashola needs to do something about that road especially the drainage, whenever rain falls, this is what we face"

Check out more pictures here - http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/pictures-of-abule-egbaiyana-ipaja.html

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by FastShipping: 3:30am On Oct 26, 2014
Na wah o! What has PDP been doing that they've neglected this expressway since 1999? This road deserves to be paved with a drainage system to go with it.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by OAUTemitayo: 3:45am On Oct 26, 2014
FastShipping:
Na wah o! What has PDP been doing that they've neglected this expressway since 1999? This road deserves to be paved with a drainage system to go with it.
is it a federal road ?
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by stinggy(m): 4:28am On Oct 26, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

is it a federal road ?
It is. It is a fraction of Abeokuta-Lagos expressway

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by lonelydora: 4:39am On Oct 26, 2014
Who are we to blame now PDP OR APC?
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by OAUTemitayo: 5:28am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

PDP Led federal goovernment is a complete failure

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by OAUTemitayo: 5:29am On Oct 26, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

is it a federal road ?
stinggy:

lonelydora:
Who are we to blame now PDP OR APC?
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by stinggy(m): 5:45am On Oct 26, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

PDP Led federal goovernment is a complete failure
Well, LASG(APC) can rebuild the road and they'll get reimbursed by FG(PDP), but they seem interested in minor repairs which they do from time to time, which obviously isn't enough!
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by OAUTemitayo: 5:56am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

Well, LASG(APC) can rebuild the road and they'll get reimbursed by FG(PDP), but they seem interested in minor repairs which they do from time to time, which obviously isn't enough!
Do you know how much FG is owing the state government?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by obezaleel(m): 6:16am On Oct 26, 2014
Ni adugbo mi Jonathanu o see daa oooooooo
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by stinggy(m): 6:21am On Oct 26, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Do you know how much FG is owing the state government?
Well, I don't know but the 'owing' will continue till we all stop breathing.
Ok, can you pls help us out with the needed money? grin
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by ba7man(m): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2014
I was on that road recently and I thought "This is part of the reason Lagosians dislike the FG".
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by BRAV0O(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2014
For this , lagosians are patiently waiting for the day janamumu will come and ask for their support to re-elect him grin grin

History will break to loose that day grin

Cus Lagosians will stone him ehen ehe eh! grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by ba7man(m): 8:14am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

Well, I don't know but the 'owing' will continue till we all stop breathing.
Ok, can you pls help us out with the needed money? grin
You are truly stingy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by juman(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2014
That was how obj did nothing in lagos in eight years but thought they would win lagos.
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by shift15(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Those blaming the government, especially the FG, should study the picture well. The problem is not the bad road but blockage of the drainage.
How come the other side look better and not flooded. People should learn to not to use refuse to block drainage.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by oweniwe(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2014
shift15: dont mind nigerians.

Everything must be done by the federal govennment. What about the local govt that collect taxes from d area?

Well i stayed in that place from march-july.... The problem is that all the water from agege and sango side flow towards that area... The place is a valley. So anytime rain falls, the canal would fill up and begin to overflow back into the streets..... But that particular area, i'm sure there's a design flaw dia that is preventing water from flowing away.... Just like water remains in d bottom of a bowl..

The Fed Govt/jonathan cant be everywhere at every time. Lagos-Ibadan express is being fixed. The govt is trying.

All these people complaing.... U all saw a thread on jebba-mokwa road...... Even onitsha-enugu road is nothing to write home about..... This Ile epo road is still far better and passable than those roads..... We should learn to Appreciate and maintain what we have.
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by ikweremilitant: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2014
oyinkanolu:
A resident of 'Ile Epo, Abule Egba along the Iyana Ipaja express way, Lagos, sent in these photos detailing how much havoc the rain caused today.
The Resident said:

"Today's rain led to a flood and a heavy traffic ensued. It got so bad that drivers were using bowls to pour out water from their vehicles...Fashola needs to do something about that road especially the drainage, whenever rain falls, this is what we face"

Check out more pictures here - http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/pictures-of-abule-egbaiyana-ipaja.html
and fashola is busy dancing etighe with amechi in rivers.please ipaja people be patient,when you gofarnor is through with his dancing,he wil attend to you people.
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by Arch1: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
I was on that road recently and I thought "This is part of the reason Lagosians dislike the FG".
Not only Lagosians. Virually all the federal roads in the southwest are in terrible conditions

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by Arch1: 9:31am On Oct 26, 2014
ikweremilitant:
and fashola is busy dancing etighe with amechi in rivers.please ipaja people be patient,when you gofarnor is through with his dancing,he wil attend to you people.
Ikwerefool

The road is a federal government road. It is the prerogative of your useless president to fix it

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by mrofficial(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

Reimburse ke The FG is irresponsible. Any money spent on that road by LG na sara.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by Arch1: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2014
oweniwe:
shift15: dont mind nigerians.

Everything must be done by the federal govennment. What about the local govt that collect taxes from d area?

Well i stayed in that place from march-july.... The problem is that all the water from agege and sango side flow towards that area... The place is a valley. So anytime rain falls, the canal would fill up and begin to overflow back into the streets..... But that particular area, i'm sure there's a design flaw dia that is preventing water from flowing away.... Just like water remains in d bottom of a bowl..

The Fed Govt/jonathan cant be everywhere at every time. Lagos-Ibadan express is being fixed. The govt is trying.

All these people complaing.... U all saw a thread on jebba-mokwa road...... Even onitsha-enugu road is nothing to write home about..... This Ile epo road is still far better and passable than those roads..... We should learn to Appreciate and maintain what we have.
Are you okay at all?
Why should a local Government fix an inter-state road?

Going by the system of government we operate in Nigeria, the construction/maintainance/repair of inter-state roads is an item on the exclusive list which contians duties of the federal governments.

Almost all the federal roads in Nigeria are bad. The federal government need not give any excuse since they control all the funds and resources in the country. We elected them to work and not to give excuses

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by Arch1: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2014
mrofficial:

Reimburse ke The FG is irresponsible. Any money spent on that road by LG na sara.
My brother the thing tire me. Can you imagine those goons asking the local government to fix an inter-state road. Virually all the federal roads in Nigeria are bad

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

like they ever got reimbursed
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by stinggy(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
like they ever got reimbursed
Lol
Obviously no one trust FG. I don't too, only said that cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

[s]Well, LASG(APC) can rebuild the road and they'll get reimbursed by FG(PDP),[/s] but they seem interested in minor repairs which they do from time to time, which obviously isn't enough!
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by mrofficial(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2014
Arch1:
My brother the thing tire me. Can you imagine those goons asking the local government to fix an inter-state road. Virually all the federal roads in Nigeria are bad

Don't mind them. They have forgotten that the FG is irresponsible. A responsible FG would always lookout for things like this on the roads and fix it within a blink of an eye. I'm sure it was the same last year rainy season.

The attitude of the FG has always been 'sit down dey look' with the clueless Oga in charge. Hasn't FERMA seen it?

The local government has its own responsibilities. Why should I carry someone else's problem on my head? Especially on someone that doesn't give a f*uck about me.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by oweniwe(m): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Arch1:
Are you okay at all?
Why should a local Government to fix an inter-state road?

Going by the system of government we operate in Nigeria, the construction/maintainance/repair of inter-state roads is an item on the exclusive list which contians duties of the federal governments

so if a drainage gets blocked at abule egba, it is the duty of the fed govt to come all the way from abuja to clear the drainage?

If a drainage gets blocked somewhere in rumukoro (P.H), Enherhen (warri), ukwoji (awka), lafenwa (abeokuta) and water floods the federal roads there, it is the duty of the fed govt to go clear the drainage?

The senator, house of rep, state assembly rep, local govt chairman, all those environmental task forces... What is their job? To sit down and be eating and drinking their allocations?

Even you, what are your civc duties and obligations as a citizen of Nigeria? If the power substation tranformer cable in your area is vandalized, it is the duty of the fed govt to replace it? Na the fed govt vandalize the cable?

The fed govt builds a road... If a small pothole opens on the road, the fed govt should come all the way from abuja to cover it.... Is it the federal govt that is using that road?

"Who" is the federal govt? Is the federal govt one person? Are there not other roads and infrastructures that are in critical need of attention all over the country? Na one blocked drainage make fed govt come dey mobilize to clear.... If some people throw refuse into and block a canal when lawma comes around every two days to collect refuse, is it the duty of the fed govt to clear the canal??

There are lots of irresponsible people in this country. If a goat poo poo in front of your house, the fed govt should come and clear it.

Am sorry, i think you need to see a doctor. angry
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by mrofficial(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2014
oweniwe:

so if a drainage gets blocked at abule egba, it is the duty of the fed govt to come all the way from abuja to clear the drainage?

If a drainage gets blocked somewhere in rumukoro (P.H), Enherhen (warri), ukwoji (awka), lafenwa (abeokuta) and water floods the federal roads there, it is the duty of the fed govt to go clear the drainage?

The senator, house of rep, state assembly rep, local govt chairman, all those environmental task forces... What is their job? To sit down and be eating and drinking their allocations?

Even you, what are your civc duties and obligations as a citizen of Nigeria? If the power substation tranformer cable in your area is vandalized, it is the duty of the fed govt to replace it? Na the fed govt vandalize the cable?

The fed govt builds a road... If a small pothole opens on the road, the fed govt should come all the way from abuja to cover it.... Is it the federal govt that is using that road?

"Who" is the federal govt? Is the federal govt one person? Are there not other roads and infrastructures that are in critical need of attention all over the country? Na one blocked drainage make fed govt come dey mobilize to clear.... If some people throw refuse into and block a canal when lawma comes around every two days to collect refuse, is it the duty of the fed govt to clear the canal??

There are lots of irresponsible people in this country. If a goat poo poo in front of your house, the fed govt should come and clear it.

This is cluelessness. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by seanet02: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2014
Your lame federal government can come to Abule Egba to collect tax but cannot carry out its responsibilities of fixing a road there. You need to see a doctor.
oweniwe:

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by keyremotes(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2014
I was on this same road last week Sunday and noticed a lot of abandoned vehicles along the road.
Who collects taxes on this road?
What has LASTMA done to remove these vehicles?
The road sides have turned into mechanic work shops.
You'll find motor parts inside the gutters along with refuse.
Even the LAWMA people too are guilty. They sweep and accumulate sand along road side,
leave them for a long time and they end up in the gutters.
I counted about 10 broken down danfos on a particular stretch of this road. All belonging to one man because they all had the same logo design on the sides.
Truth be told LASG should take care of this road.
They seem to be interested in places where big men go to. Surulere, VI and co.
One last question:
WHY IS IT THAT THE QUALITY OF SURULERE ROADS IS HIGHER THAN OTHER PARTS OF LAGOS?
ARE THE PEOPLE LIVING IN OTHER PARTS LESS HUMAN?
Re: Pictures Of Abule Egba/iyana Ipaja Covered By Flood by southsouthman: 11:55am On Oct 26, 2014
BRAV0O:
For this , lagosians are patiently waiting for the day janamumu will come and ask for their support to re-elect him grin grin

History will break to loose that day grin

Cus Lagosians will stone him ehen ehe eh! grin

You won't stop to amaze people. What fraction of the Lagos popular live around that area compared to the several deplorable LSG owned roads in the same area.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Take On Pastor Adeboye Donating Ambulance To Israel - Cramjones / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Fayose Causing Confusion In Our Party – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.