Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari (1985 Views)

Fanatic Buhari Defender Unable To Counter These Arguements On Facebook!! Read It / Evidence Of Buhari Been A Religious Fanatic (PHOTO) / I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by LilNetty(m): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2014
A former Head of State and presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said he is not a religious fundamentalist. He also said he was not opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket in the 2015 elections.
In an interview withTheCable, an online news medium, which was published on Saturday, Buhari hinted that his running mate may be a Muslim or a Christian.
He noted that he had chosen Christians as his running mate on several occasions, contrary to the belief that he is a fanatic.
Buhari said, “Nigerians will always uncover impossible room for manoeuvre for politicians. I had to face one of the governors during one of our party’s meetings (over the issue of religion).
“In 2003, I chose Chuba Okadigbo as my running mate. He was a Roman Catholic. He was an Igbo. In 2007, I picked Edwin Ume-Ezeoke. He was a Roman Catholic. He was an Igbo. And in 2010, I chose even a pastor, Pastor Tunde Bakare.
“Honestly, what do Nigerians want me to do? If they don’t believe I’m not a fundamentalist, what else can I do?”
According to the former Head of State, the new phenomenon of religion is another blackmail political confusionists in Nigeria are bringing to the fore.
Buhari stated that religion could not be an issue, if he won the APC ticket and the presidential election due to the background of many political leaders from the south-west.
He noted that the APC chiefs whose wives are Christians include former Governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu; Governors of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi; Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola; Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun; and former Governor of Osun State and former APC Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande.
Buhari likened his situation to that of Moshood Abiola, a southern Muslim, who picked Babagana Kingibe, a northern Muslim, as his running mate in the June 12, 1993 presidential election. He recalled that the Muslim-Muslim ticket went on to win the election that is still considered by many as the most credible in Nigeria’s history.
He further said, “I have not absolutely closed my mind to picking a Christian or Muslim as running mate if I get the ticket. I firmly believe that Nigerians, having gone through what they have gone through, realise it is not a matter of religion, but a matter of Nigeria.
“And the main religions, Christianity and Islam, they know and they believe in the Almighty God. The question of stealing and short-changing people in the name of religion should stop,” he said.
“For goodness sake, the children of these political leaders were bred and brought up by Christian mothers. You think those people, wherever they participate, they will bring a religious issue? What kind of people are we?
“Nigerians will always bring something to cause confusion while we are trying to stabilise the system.”
Source: www.punchng.com/news/im-not-a-religious-fanatic-buhari/
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by RichDad1(m): 6:33am On Oct 26, 2014
Meanwhile..,
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by eunisam: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2014
see who is talking. Mtswwww

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by okoromike(m): 6:40am On Oct 26, 2014
But in 2003 general elections,you said no muslim should ever vote a christian..So how about that? BIGOT.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 26, 2014
You are not only a religious extremist but a coupist, tribalist and anything bad that can be accorded a desperate politician who want to rule @ the age of 73years.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Im thinking I like this guy!

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by ratiken(m): 6:56am On Oct 26, 2014
Until baboons and dogs finish soaking in blood, amd Muslims only vote muslims.... Until then, Buhari remains an undiluted religious fanatic

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by firstolalekan(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Gej till....
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 26, 2014
wazoboy:
Im thinking I like this guy!
nope, you don't like him, you like APC.
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2014
menabadoo:
nope, you don't like him, you like APC.
Sorry Sir, do I know you? How do you know I like APC and not Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by yoji: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2014
What's d worst he can do if elected into office even as a fanatic? Order southern states to build more mosques or risk being starved of revenue? undecided
The worst he can do is have a cabinet that favours more Muslims who would steal money and share with their families, which is no different from what's happening presently.
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2014
okoromike:
But in 2003 general elections,you said no muslim should ever vote a christian..So how about that? BIGOT.

Was his running mate then not a christian?

How about that ret.ard?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2014
menabadoo:
You are not only a religious extremist but a coupist, tribalist and anything bad that can be accorded a desperate politician who want to rule @ the age of 73years.

- Where is your evidence that he pltted a coup?

- He is a tribalist, yet he choose from both Yoruba and Igbo as his running mate. Stop spreading lies just because of hate. . . . .

- Bro dont forget, wisdom comes with age. The GEJ you have in Aso Rock cannot match with ants and honey bee when it comes to political intelligence.

GMB 2015

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by egift(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2014
"...the new phenomenon of religion is another blackmail political confusionists in Nigeria are bringing to the fore."

Those who have been looting Nigeria, are brandishing the religious issue to deceive Nigerians and rob us opportunity to kick out the evil eating us up and drowning Nigeria in Poverty.

Buhari all the way!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

- Where is your evidence that he pltted a coup?

- He is a tribalist, yet he choose from both Yoruba and Igbo as his running mate. Stop spreading lies just because of hate. . . . .

- Bro dont forget, wisdom comes with age. The GEJ you have in Aso Rock cannot match with ants and honey bee when it comes to political intelligence.

GMB 2015
if you don't know buhari is a coupist then U are not a nigerian. Don't forget, senility also comes with age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by AMINU4(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2014
general we love u, come nd save us. dnt mind critisism.
sai buhari 2015.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by mrofficial(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2014
The PDP thugs will do anything to discredit Buhari.

I hope the true Nigerians that want well for Nigeria can see for themselves the truth and ignore the PDP paid thugs that want to continue enriching themselves while most Nigerians impoverish.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Caseless: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2014
okoromike:
any link to that particular story. Dont forget to give us video too.
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Caseless: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2014
menabadoo:
2015 sai Buhari!
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Caseless: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2014
ratiken:
Until baboons and dogs finish soaking in blood, amd Muslims only vote muslims.... Until then, Buhari remains an undiluted religious fanatic
sai Buhari!
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by ak47mann(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2014
hahahahahaha look at this (TALABAN)cool
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Caseless: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2014
menabadoo:
if you don't know buhari is a coupist then U are not a nigerian. Don't forget, senility also comes with age.
sai Buhari!
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Caseless: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2014
ak47mann:
hahahahahaha look at this TALABAN cool
u are a ponce!
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by mrofficial(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2014
ak47mann:
hahahahahaha look at this TALABAN cool

You are the taliban here, going by your moniker.
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2014
“Nigerians will always bring something to cause confusion while we are trying to stabilise the system.” - Buhari

"I firmly believe that Nigerians, having gone through what they have gone through, realise it is not a matter of religion, but a matter of Nigeria". - Buhari.
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by ak47mann(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2014
mrofficial:

You are the taliban here, going by your moniker.
taliban supporters during the last election innocent coppers died because of him you lot plus buhari should be locked up in jail for 60yrs for murder..
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by ak47mann(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2014
is about time northern region stop killing innocent people thats been going on for over 60 yrs,the world have change drastically we will not tolerate that nonsense again.when ever their is religious riot in the middle east or election these monkeys will start killing innocent people in northern nigeria,we are tired of their blood thirsty demonic vampires on innocent people.This will bring the end of one nigeria if it continues the ball is in their game if they want one nigeria they should leave peacefully with everybody.If they want a divided nigeria they should continue with their evil killings just a matter of time cool
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2014
why is he mentioning sw politician wives as christians?

i expected him to tell us that his wife,kwankwaso's wife,tabuwal's wife,atiku's wife,etc are all christians.
but he shot himself with his words.

choosing a christian to be ur vice presidential candidate doesnt mean u are not a fanatic,afterall boko haram are claiming to be sincere muslims but they are going against the tenet of islams.
buhari,ask urself this questions;

why do people see me as religious fanatic?
why do southerners and middle belters hates me with passion?

where did i go wrong?
when u sincerely get an answer,then u March to abuja national stadium,invite all nigerians,then kneel down and beg us for forgiveness, pls dont fail to attach it with ur grammy award winning tears.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by theassassin: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
but you are bokoharam
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2014
why is he mentioning sw politician wives as christians?

i expected him to tell us that his wife,kwankwaso's wife,tabuwal's wife,atiku's wife,etc are all christians.
but he shot himself with his words.

choosing a christian to be ur vice presidential candidate doesnt mean u are not a fanatic,afterall boko haram are claiming to be sincere muslims but they are going against the tenet of islams.
buhari,ask urself this questions;

why do people see me as religious fanatic?
why do southerners and middle belters hates me with passion?

where did i go wrong?
when u sincerely get an answer,then u March to abuja national stadium,invite all nigerians,then kneel down and beg us for forgiveness, pls dont fail to attach it with ur grammy award winning tears..
Re: I’m Not A Religious Fanatic —buhari by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2014
. Buhari stated that religion could not be an issue, if he won the APC ticket and the presidential election due to the background of many political leaders from the south-west.
He noted that the APC chiefs whose wives are Christians include former Governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu; Governors of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi; Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola; Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun; and former Governor of Osun State and former APC Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande.

Don't think the above argument is plausible.

I don't like to debate about Buhari's fundamentalism but to suggest that someone can not be an Islamic fundamentalist because their wife is christain is not necessarily true.

Because we live in an age where Boko Haram prefer to covet and impregnate young christain girls. Can we also say Boko Haram are not Islamic extremists?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) / Former President Jonathan Spotted At London Airport (photo) / Strike At Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.