Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,183 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts (13899 Views)

NIS Boss Scraps Roadblocks At Border Areas / Chad Frees Boko Captives At Border / Minister Explains Reintroduction Of Toll Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by uken73(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Providing another campaign point for the opposition. I dey laugh o.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by pontirock(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
When Lagos Banned Okada From A Few Roads, Pdp Was Hypocrite Abt It, When Fashola Introduced Toll Gate Fee, They Cried Foul, Now That Fg Is Planning To Ban Okada From Operating In Nigeria And Border Tolls, I Will Wait And See What Pdp Has To Say On This, Till Then GMB=2015
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by kraftykc(m): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
QMark:
l thought toll collection was past tense in Nigeria history. Either within or at borders.

Even if the road is made of gold, is our tax not enough to take care of it. Must Nigerians again directly pay for the road you used our money to construct?

But nna...which tax are you talking about?? The one ONLY civil servants pay, or the one that costs so little even generating states can't run on it solely
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by jmslimx(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
if

Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Afroconnect: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good development,also put immigration officers and infections detection kits on the post.

They should have adequate communications with army formations or patrol units in the border areas.

Check and control is very important on our entry and exit points,its better people are delayed if a disaster is avoided.

Good way to earn revenue too...thin FG,think and make this Nation prosperous,don't be polluted with too much wine and pleasures.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by eaccyboy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
Very good especially at sokoto-niger border
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Afroconnect: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
uken73:
Providing another campaign point for the opposition. I dey laugh o.
Citizens must only see what benefits them and fight for this and leave politricks for politicians,except you are a politician,your statement is quiite unreasonable.

Only politicians and their cronies benefit from politics-we must not politicis issues of National importance,as security and health.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by QMark: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
kraftykc:

But nna...which tax are you talking about?? The one ONLY civil servants pay, or the one that costs so little even generating states can't run on it solely

What is this guy saying? I have no answer for you. When you get to work on Monday, ask your head of finance how much your company pays as VAT every month. Except you work for a Chinese company. They know how to evade taxes.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by ChristineC: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
how is this new? we pay toll within Lagos already
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by ekemit(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good thank God very soon we will start the work.Dspecial1
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Flyingngel(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
I LOVE IT BIG, LONG AND STRONG cool cool cool cool cool cool[/b][/quote

Pls can u throw more light on the above statement?
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Flyingngel(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
irunobo2:
I LOVE IT BIG, LONG AND STRONG cool cool cool cool cool cool

Pls can u throw more light on the above comment?
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by frank442: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
It would never work.

Is it obtainable in other country

Someone has sold another dummie to GEj or mrs GEj

History will not forget GEj
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by musicwriter(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
I've always paid toll fees crossing seme broder to Benin republic for over 20 years. It's currently N100, sometimes they charge N200 per person to stamp you in or out of Nigeria. It's a shame to learn Nigeria government is not aware money is being paid for ages!.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Transluxpaints(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
these people don broke
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by bamosagie(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
Abeg make una nor vex o! the toll gate go they for Nigeria - Cameroon crossing via Sambisa Forest.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by hunter21(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
irunobo2:
I LOVE IT BIG, LONG AND STRONG cool cool cool cool cool cool
fantasies can do you no good, pm me ill make you feel like a real dirty sl.ut
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
Do u people knw dat cotonu has a toll gate befor u enta there town. So nigeria is not the first even ghana has a toll once u cross there boarder also.. Good one
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Flyingngel:

Pls can u throw more light on the above comment?

Buy torch lite so u can see na
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by oluwasegun007(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good idea am sure for legal borders only, what. About the illegal borders which cannot be accounted for.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by ibdeals1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
issoka
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by DRpiwi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jonah need more moni 4 nxt election
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
2015: I'm not a religious fanatic - Buhari says he may choose a Christian as his running mate:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/10/2015-im-not-religious-fanatic-buhari.html
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by asudan: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Just another means to extort money from poor nigerians,,I doubt if the government officials will be made to pay toll gate fees
but Benin republic has it too.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by GoodcasHMan: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
hmmmmm, ANOTHER BRAND NEW METHOD FOR CHOP-CHOP, CONCENTRATE ON
NIGERIAN ROADS FIRST BEFORE YOU GO TO THE BORDERS, ABI YOU NO SEE THEIR
INTER STATE ROADS? SEE LOKOJA-ABUJA ROAD FOR THE PAST 18YEARS

Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Burger01(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
As long as it's border tolls no problem. I don't want to hear interstate tollgate tolls.undecided
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Dinocarex(m): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
I ve long argued that toll gates payment should be brought back. Initially, it was cancelled cus of the massive corruption in that agency.
After construction of roads, maintaining of the road is as much paramount as well. The money realised from tolls should be used in maintaining such roads (FG roads alone).
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by mrbamo(m): 1:49am On Oct 27, 2014
The 50 naira bribes wey dem dey collect nko....Wait!, I think they just want to legalize the collection, We dey see una hustle too.
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 27, 2014
[deleted]
Re: FG To Begin Collection Of Toll At Border Posts by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 27, 2014
[deleted]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kebbi Assembly Members Impeach Speaker And Deputy Speaker / 9th Assembly: Lawmakers To Get N19.89bn Allowances In Three Months / Ignore Peter Obi, Tinubu Not Withdrawing From Race On Health Grounds – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.