Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (42691 Views)

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2014
Muscomide:

Typical Nigerian religious hypocrite! Mr Holier than the Pope! How dare you accuse anyone of not being a Christian? Was it not just last month that the Pope embraced Catholics who happen to be gay? You so called Christians go ever fall person hand with una judgmental attitude.
'All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'.
Immoral Christian hypocrite that you are, compare your signature to mine! A so called Christian with fornication on your mind. 'sexyexcalibur'!!

So because der sin u should not care about dia salvation again ...... And for d name , I av explained how it came about alot on nairaland ...if u want u can go tru my previous comments... If naira land can change it, I will gladly.... And am a xtian, I don't criticize a sinner but d sin... D pope did not criticize d gays but gay itself... By criticism we chase dem away... with love we approach dem , with one aim.. To win dia soul, 4 Christ...
No b religion section b dz Jor and I get work to do.....
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Imakinzu: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2014
amakufrancis:
baba is always interfering in apc probs, will nt be surprised if he defect to Apc and deceive them all.

Baba Obasanjo is only interested in the redemption of Nigeria, He sees the APC as the probable solution, cos PDP seems not to have an idea of wgat governance is, after He had left office.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by bobaustin(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2014
Pdp beggin baba 4 4givenex,apc consultin baba 4 advic. My question z who z d fada of nija politic since 1999?.......

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by temitemi1(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2014
Muslim+muslim=loooooooser, muslim+christain=nothing. Apc should forget abt presidency for d next 6o years. GEJ till 2019 n pdp till God knows when...

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by AJOT99(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2014
richybanky:
Be Muslim - Muslim, Christian - Muslim or 'Christian - Christian is none of my business.. Wat am after is better Nigeria, d problem Nigeria is facing right now is not religion wahala, wat we need is some1 who will take us to our promise land.

My brother, our problem in Nigeria is hidden in religion ooo. If not we won't have this issue coming forth.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Muscomide: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2014
This is the same Obasanjo who during the Sharia crisis under his presidency, failed to act to protect Nigeria's secularity as enshrined in the constitution. It can be argued that in failing to act against the northern states who declared Sharia at that time, Obasanjo was complicit in sowing the seeds of the deadly Boko Haram insurgency we are experiencing today.

Unlike the weakling OBJ, Buhari's swift and decisive action in crushing the Islamic Maitatsine revolt in the 1980s is on record. Even Muslim clerics like Sheikh Gumi are in trepidation at the prospect for radical Islam of a Buhari presidency. A Muslim Buhari will protect Nigeria's secularism more than a weak Christian Presidents in the mould of GEJ and OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by eleko1: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2014
cheesy sad sad sad sad sad sad tongue undecided sadAs PDPS/TANOIDS will go into/become/EXTINCTION come FEB,2015
datguru:
APC has a secret agenda but God pass them.

APC will be a history, come February APC will end
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2014
danaiks:
Hmm....he has said his own

What an old man sees sitting down, a young man cannot see standing up...even on a skyscraper!!

Why won't they just listen to him before u know it, it has already become a political trend. God help us all!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by ak4God(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2014
I see Remi Tinubu for VP under APC...Thats the Plan B,watch out.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by amakufrancis(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2014
onatisi:
read the article before passing or making a comment and not just the topic heading. Obj never mentioned apc he cautioned all political parties and even pdp inclusive.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by PointB: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Muslim-Muslim ticket is, and will always be, a NO-NO!

Nigeria is not an Islamic country, and further islamisation will be resisted!

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by buggaboo: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2014
fine boy

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Godson32(m): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2014
Ryabcool:
Now that we have Christian and Muslim as President and VP, what effect has it had on the country?

Forget Religion and vote for COMPETENCE!
At least,we re safe & there's hope for a better future.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Godson32(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2014
Muscomide:
This is the same Obasanjo who during the Sharia crisis under his presidency, failed to act to protect Nigeria's secularity as enshrined in the constitution. It can be argued that in failing to act against the northern states who declared Sharia at that time, Obasanjo was complicit in sowing the seeds of the deadly Boko Haram insurgency we are experiencing today.

Unlike the weakling OBJ, Buhari's swift and decisive action in crushing the Islamic Maitatsine revolt in the 1980s is on record. Even Muslim clerics like Sheikh Gumi are in trepidation at the prospect for radical Islam of a Buhari presidency. A Muslim Buhari will protect Nigeria's secularism more than a weak Christian Presidents in the mould of GEJ and OBJ.
What's ur end point?
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Etosonc(m): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2014
Imakinzu:

Baba Obasanjo is only interested in the redemption of Nigeria, He sees the APC as the probable solution, cos PDP seems not to have an idea of wgat governance is, after He had left office.
why did`t he redem nig.in his own regime. pple deceivin pple since 1800AD

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Bublanski: 10:10am On Oct 27, 2014
Acidosis:
I made this statement few days back in response to a nairalander who said religion is not important in electoral matters

"Religion is important, that's the point. If people could change political parties like "undies", why can't they do same with religion?

An Ibo man will never become the governor of Oyo state; it is not bigotry; but a fact. Nigerians will never accept a muslim-muslim or a Christian-Christian or a Hausa-Hausa or a Yoruba-Yoruba president/vice-president.

You can't tell me that a muslim-muslim combination like Buhari-Fashola is the best a country of 160million people can deliver?

Where are the over 80million Christians? Is Fashola better than All?

Fashola is Fashola because he has access to a state like Lagos with so many multinationals, productive people and of course, large resources. The fact that other governors in states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Kwara, Ogun, Katsina aren't making headlines in Lagos based TV channels do not signify failure in other states. We need to get these facts right.

There is little Fashola can do in Aso rock." Nigeria nor be Lagos; Aso rock nor be Alausa.

So therefore we should stick with the blatant thieves in favor of a tested man and continue our steep decline?
Cool.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by firstolalekan(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Acidosis:
I made this statement few days back in response to a nairalander who said religion is not important in electoral matters

"Religion is important, that's the point. If people could change political parties like "undies", why can't they do same with religion?

An Ibo man will never become the governor of Oyo state; it is not bigotry; but a fact. Nigerians will never accept a muslim-muslim or a Christian-Christian or a Hausa-Hausa or a Yoruba-Yoruba president/vice-president.

You can't tell me that a muslim-muslim combination like Buhari-Fashola is the best a country of 160million people can deliver?

Where are the over 80million Christians? Is Fashola better than All?

Fashola is Fashola because he has access to a state like Lagos with so many multinationals, productive people and of course, large resources. The fact that other governors in states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Kwara, Ogun, Katsina aren't making headlines in Lagos based TV channels do not signify failure in other states. We need to get these facts right.

There is little Fashola can do in Aso rock." Nigeria nor be Lagos; Aso rock nor be Alausa.
Crap!

3 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by maestroferddi: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2014
veraponpo:
At the surface, it sounds as a good advice but technically, it will not bring the best result that a Buhari-Fashola ticket would have brought.

Not only will christians vote for that ticket, pastors will rush to vote for it, I am sure of that,going by the antecedents and track records of the duo.

If APC presents an angel, Igbo will not vote for the angel because they did not vote for Ojukwu in 2003, they voted for their perennial enemy because of money - Obasanjo who conquered Biafra.

Buhari used Chuba Okadigbo as running mate, they did not vote for them. It then means APC should forget them.

APC should focus on its area of strength-North, South West, Rivers and 25% of other states.
APC failed when they could not get traction in the South East. You can take that to the bank.

They should forget 2015 because they can't win. It is not about noisemaking...

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Mogidi: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2014
[size=13pt]Fuckinstan: The only place a muslim/muslim ticket would work.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by EternalBeing: 10:28am On Oct 27, 2014
4C2215131:

Stick to the thread! Your comments would make better sense in other 'rooms'. Are the Religion, Culture or Family rooms inaccessible to you?
Normaly, I don't repond to this kind, but for clarification I will:
It's amazing how we still try to pretend that our world is still secular when it's already vividly obvious that it's now a spiritual world! We see devil's gospel almost on all thread, why should GOD's be restricted! Everything is now gospel. We did not understand what Jarule meant then when he was rapping and said "this game is very religious" but now we know. YES! It's either preaching satan or preaching JESUS. It's started subtly but I guess the devil knew he has a very very short time now, so he's hijacking the media to agressively enslave souls. I guess u think homosexulity is secular too; it's grossly spiritual! It is the height of desecration of human's conscience. That's why the devil is aggresively pushing it, he knows that it's the only sin that has made GOD to rain fire on Earth to consume sinners and that once u cross that line ur conscience become reprobate, dead and hell-bound. What do u think the big brother show, etc. are all about? Gone are those days of wondeful inspirational secular videos and songs like: You Can get it, Dear Mama, My Love is your Love, Think Twice, etc.. Nowadays, what do they sing; fallen Angel, Roar(hope u know this song encourages girls to accept demons), No Love, Kill or be killed, etc... still think they are secular?! I even heard a rap song, the rapper was boasting of what they'll do to "left behind" Christians after rapture. I laughed because such foolish pple forgot that even after Rapture they too will surely still die and eternity (whether in Heaven or Hell) awaits us all. So, guide ur eyes, hears and watch ur heart. I shall not miss the so very imminent Rapture IJN.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2014
you're right ma broda.. its really of thing of worry...
danjumakolo:
You can now see that Nigeria can.never move forward.
Imagine an elder statesman saying.
Fact is,if the xtian_Xian ticket or Muslim_Muslim ticket can deliver Nigeria to the promised land,isn't that better?
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by experimentist: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2014
Tinyemeka:
Northern Nigeria: Always viewing the leadership of Nigeria as their birth right.
Even if he might be making a point, the man should just go and sit down. He has lost the moral right or integrity to make any national discourse.
Hatred for Northern Nigeria na hin go kill you and your generation alive and unborn.. Idiort!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by niggereyez(f): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2014
boy! does OBJ look uglier than eva in this pic? shocked
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by eaccyboy(m): 10:40am On Oct 27, 2014
abdulabbakar:

You must be one of those Niger Republic Yorubas...Go bury your face in Sahara!
what a nacho? I kw u dnt kw wht I mean..its american slang for punks lik u who think dey kw somtin Anyway I wl advice u n ur future nt to ever vote APC in FG level bc u go see ur sewlf for mirror faint
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2014
up until now, i never understand why Nigeria dey like this?
BOAR:
Is religion now a condition precedent to ability to perform?

Nigeria is a very sick country!

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by funshint(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2014
As long as its a Buhari-fashola ticket no wahala...all those raising religious sentiments shld go and bite the dust!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by eaccyboy(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2014
MosquitoREBIRTH:
you're right ma broda.. its really of thing of worry...
oga no worry urself..an Hausa man wl nvr vote Christian-Muslim nt to talk of Christian-Christian..dey think der smatter guy we dat live in d north kw whts up..dey wl say dey cannvr vote kafiri..dey cal u kafiri face to face so wht r we sayin

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by vigasimple(m): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2014
We should stop pretending that there is no problem with a Muslim/Muslim ticket because 95% of the North will never accept a Christian / Christian ticket, so, why should the Christian's fold their arms and accept a Muslim/Muslim ticket especially with Boko haram and sharia mentality.

Are there no more any good Christian candidates? and can anyone honestly say that Bhuari is better than Fashola.

So, the election as far as APC is concerned is for power to go to the north.

Tribalism and Religion is still our main major problem, otherwise a Muslim from the North should not have a problem with a Christian leader or indeed a Southern Muslim (which the North still sees as kaferies )

3 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by experimentist: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2014
OBJ is right.. So that all these useless TANdroid 0.6 won't use Islamic Party as their campaign theme.. Awon olosh gboshi!

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by kilimanjaro(m): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2014
IBKCan:
This is a no issue. We want good government, it doesn't matter if we have Muslim Muslim or Christian Christian. We should move away from primordial sentiments foisted upon our national consciousness by anachronistic, tribal, ethnic or religious beliefs. We need to move on. The freest and farrest election we ever had in Nigeria in 1993 was won by Muslim Muslim. The IBB military cabal cancelled it for other sinister motives. I rest my case.

Thank you for bringing this back to their knowledge because Nigerians have a very poor memory.

And this is even a clear sign that Nigerians of then were more thoughtful than Nigerians of today.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2014
Please stop trying to divide this country.. I hope they'll kill Rochas, Amaechi, osho baba and the rest abi?? including those of them that married christian wives??
Keenysbojan:
Ape pee see must not win 2015presidential election..if dey do,all the Christians shud find dia way out of this country coz dia wud mass killing (they wud be killing Christians)... quote me how and I will send you the tape... Ape pee see primary assignment it to eradicate Christians,to turn Nigeria to Islamic country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Arrived Owerri Airport For Abia Campaign Rally-photos / Lagos Removes Oba Ogunji Statue, Dismantles Roundabout For Agege Flyover Bridge / Receipt Of Goodluck Jonathan’s N100M APC Presidential Form - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.