Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (42680 Views)

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by mrofficial(m): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
doja:

If the APC presents A Muslim - Christian ticket, bigoted Christians/Muslims will still vote GEJ for dumb reasons. So it does not really matter who the APC party presents it is more about a set of people whose hypocricy know no boundary and are only concerned about personal good not the good of all.

APC should please present the most competent combination of Bushari - Fashola and allow the good people of Nigeria put to test the might about religion in this country once and for all.

The problem of Nigeria today is not religion. It is sad to hear elders of this land promote such. The average Nigerian on the street does not care about the religion of the man that put food on his table.

Very shameful. The people inciting religion are the enemies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
sokera:

YOUR FATHER NA CRIMINAL

and your papa na the biggest criminal of all time. i see am last week for kirikiri
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
JimmyFawks:
Story! If he credits your bank account with $1m, na another song you go sing.

oboi if that kind tin happen ehn.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Picomon(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
I respect baba so much but the old man should just shut the f up.. Who the hell cares if it's a muslim to muslim ticket or christian to christian ticket.. What we need now is if the person will bring the country out of this mess..

People like baba who are full of religion ish should put their belief at home and not bring it to a place where work needs to be done.

If a babalawo will bring this country out of this mess, I will galantly vote for him.. Religious shit won't do nothing if the minds of the candidates are full of wickedness!

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Thomsbuky(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
Baba done come again. what is wrong with Christian Christian and Muslim - Muslim ticket as top political leadership roles. Its about time religious stay out of politics. It brought nothing other than tension, pressure and violence. We brought in Christian in form of GEJ, voted en-masses against all odds, did he get us to the utopia? (debatable). He is no different from previous muslim leaders who have rule this country.. As long as leaders are competent, have ability and conviction to do the job, who cares about their religion affiliation. To me it does not matter as long as the candidate can deliver us to promise land whether a Christian, muslim judaism. He/She should be able to provide us with National security, employment opportunity, 24 Hours electricity, Good roads both federal and state roads, pipe borne water etc, that all we are want. I think all these religious leaders and affiliates should stay out of politics, enough of jets and robes flaunting their riches all over the world. What we need is Humanist approach leader who know our needs and can deliver to the masses, we don't want religious overzealous and bigots leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by sarutobie(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
mrofficial:

Even tho I thought you didn't deserve any reply, I'm sure you must have heard about this Chinese saying "The journey of a thousand miles, starts with a step." If APC presents Buhari/Fashola, it'll be based on Vision, Performance, Achievements, Etc and Popularity which cannot be neglected. Not based on religion as the PDP is doing which is killing the country.

You should make use of your brain and stop being vacuous.
dude..I detest hypocrisy! pray tell what performance and vision has buhari proved since Nigeria started on it's path of democracy since 99? or you think we are still in a ' decree and so shall it be' era? Nigerian politics is not some utopian political arena, as much as you would want to believe it..There are a myriad of ethnic groups, languages, ideologies all mixed together in one big cauldron of a country so thinking they will always agree on every issue is living in pure denial of reality. As for your last two sentences, whatever floats your boat.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Pamcrest(f): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
darqly:

Let me digress a little-
Here, you contradict yourself. You claim Fashola succeeds in Lagos ONLY because of the resources at his disposal, but there's little he can do as president, where he has access to far more resources?? It goes without saying that if you're faithful in little, you'd be faithful in much. Lastly, by whatever indices performance is gauged, Fashola has acquitted himself decently at state level. This is much more than can be said for a host of other governors and even the president.

Well said!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by bjdon: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Obasanjo has said it how it is. I think he's actually trying to help the ACP. We have to face the realities of our time. Religion is currently a very emotional and sensitive issue in Nigeria today. A Muslim-Muslim ticket will simply not fly in current climate. Just imagine how PDP would play it in the campaign? Pastors on the PDP pay role will make hay, calling on their flock to 'defend their faith'. The 'Political Boko Haram' will swing into action and we can expect to see churches across the country attacked. In such a climate do you really think Christians will come out en mass to vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket? Let's be honest with ourselves.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by prettyboi1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
I have total respect for former president Obasanjo but I must confess that I am so disappointed in him for making such a statement. I never expected stuff like this from him. I am a Christian & I say "LET THE BEST MEN WIN". For me, a Buhari-Fashola presidential ticket for the opposition party is the best choice for Nigeria right now. Those 2 guys are visionaries & we shouldn't deprive ourselves of great governance because of "religion". Religion is different from "serving God".

Anyways,I see Nigerians are still so stupid & would put all manners of sentiments before logical reasoning. I therefore say "happy suffering to all you Nigerians that still want to keep suffering. Suffer well on earth because of stuppidity and blind sentiments o. Cheers to you guys!"

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
North central for pdp, Lagos Pdp-lets stake it. GEJ all will with a gap of 3million Votes in These same lagos where social networking has gone wild. Is not about shouting. Let's watch and see.. The old people ve seen farther dan the self claimed young one's can ever imagine. GEJ is d only competent person among dem for now to transform Nigeria. He already win. Only a Clueless being who has never spent a minute at the North central or Core North will go ahead to vote for Buhari as an individual... Its not party issue... Let APC field in FASHOLA and kwankwaso as his Vice. APC'll will, Fashola or any other person. APC all win. The christian minitary generals and the founding fathers of Nigeria are not talking now, u'll hear dem talk to d election. Tinubu himself will create the vote for GEJ in lagos... Let's stake it... Nigeria development problem is not leadership incompetency. No one who has mounted dat seat lacks the quality to rule dis Nation... D problem is Religious Political selfishness.. (Religious intolerance)... We are just evolving to a religious tolerant state now, and we are not yet matured enough to maintain dat by allowing Buhari as the president of dis nation. If u are claiming religious has no say to national development read about Angola crises and the Angola of these days. And why Angola have to ban Islam as a religion. (¶ call the south west Islams Muslim, and the North Islam though a tautology). A Few south west islam are very tolerant, but only minute Northern muslims are.. Dat has bin d problem of Nigeria right from time. The reason why other leaders looks failed is because they were all busy working on Nigeria not to to tru Religious war. But only God cud settle dat. Even in Lagos- go to the public sector and make some researches for yourself as a christian-(you'll cry out dat lagos is not working but trying to b liberal). Religious has bin d major problem of Nigeria. For Nigeria to remain one Nigeria Buhari must not win, so the founding fathers will do everything they cud to make sure it doesn't happen. So forget APC in 2015 is spiritually settle. Until Nigeria has fully mature to a secular state.. Its this moment of crises that would do dat.. So let's endure it, we are moving forward, settling the issues that was suppose to ve bin settled. Every other thin attach to Nigeria Politics is Political challenges..... So GEJ till 2019... Let's support him until all d hidden tin bin uprooted. Sud ¶ point at the big one that you southerners don't know of.. 1. THE SHARIA PART OF NIGERIA CONSTITUTION IS ABORLISH (that was y obansanjo cud not protect the christians in crises den, and some dat try to defend d christians in d north were retired as generals, Obasanjo was after Nigeria peace- is Beyond what we read in News papers and social media). ¶ ve a liberal muslim fwend who is politically insane(sorry) he confirm to me dat he'll do a lot of mobilization there in jos to make sure Nigeria continue unto they are fully develop to secular state of total religious tolerance. If buhari gets there the ego of Islamic rulling continues and protection of all Hidden Islamization of Nigeria agenda continues, nd we'll b wallowing in little fake development. Which will never happen... Expect nigeria to go to religious war if it goes the other way. The north central christian are the fighting one's dat don't tolerate every religious move that go against secularism. They will integrate the war. So GEJ till 2019 until every religion finally knows his place in Nigeria politics. Pls stop criticizing and make researches before doing so.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by goodgood2(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Acidosis:
I made this statement few days back in response to a nairalander who said religion is not important in electoral matters

"Religion is important, that's the point. If people could change political parties like "undies", why can't they do same with religion?

An Ibo man will never become the governor of Oyo state; it is not bigotry; but a fact. Nigerians will never accept a muslim-muslim or a Christian-Christian or a Hausa-Hausa or a Yoruba-Yoruba president/vice-president.

You can't tell me that a muslim-muslim combination like Buhari-Fashola is the best a country of 160million people can deliver?

Where are the over 80million Christians? Is Fashola better than All?

Fashola is Fashola because he has access to a state like Lagos with so many multinationals, productive people and of course, large resources. The fact that other governors in states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Kwara, Ogun, Katsina aren't making headlines in Lagos based TV channels do not signify failure in other states. We need to get these facts right.

There is little Fashola can do in Aso rock." Nigeria nor be Lagos; Aso rock nor be Alausa.
My son, you make sense, no be small. You shall live long. These are words on the marble.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by mrmetoo1: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
What's funny about this whole thing is, no one has decided on their running mate but it has become the hottest topic of the moment.

What this means is, this poses a threat to the opposition. Everyone is assuming that Buhari will clinch the APC ticket and a lot of people are assuming/hoping he'll pick Fashola as his running mate. If that combination wasn't a good combination, no one will pay attention to it.

Saying that, if Buhari picks any other muslim as a running mate, he'll surely lose. So this is really not a Muslim/Muslim thing, the opposition is just trying to make as much noise as possible so that the Buhari/Fashola combination won't happen.

I know GEJ/PDP supporters won't agree but Fashola is arguably more christian than muslim or at the very least 50-50, his mother is a christian, his wife is a christian, some of his kids are christians, he has christian siblings, this man does a huge carol in the govt house inviting gospel singers from everywhere. In fact the first sunday of the year, its bishops and pastors that he invites to pray for the year, so whats the real issue here??

Ismalizing the country, whatever that means, is him betraying all the people closest to him. Again we have a national assembly, they'll have to write this islamization into law so I don't get it.

If this ticket was looking like a Buhari/Aregbeshola, no one will be talking about it. As a matter of fact, the opposition will be praying for it because they know Buhari will lose but a Buhari/Fashola ticket is giving them a lot of worry. This is because we have an anti-corruption crusader on one hand and a well known performer on the other hand

6 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
Acidosis:
I made this statement few days back in response to a nairalander who said religion is not important in electoral matters

"Religion is important, that's the point. If people could change political parties like "undies", why can't they do same with religion?

An Ibo man will never become the governor of Oyo state; it is not bigotry; but a fact. Nigerians will never accept a muslim-muslim or a Christian-Christian or a Hausa-Hausa or a Yoruba-Yoruba president/vice-president.

You can't tell me that a muslim-muslim combination like Buhari-Fashola is the best a country of 160million people can deliver?

Where are the over 80million Christians? Is Fashola better than All?

Fashola is Fashola because he has access to a state like Lagos with so many multinationals, productive people and of course, large resources. The fact that other governors in states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Kwara, Ogun, Katsina aren't making headlines in Lagos based TV channels do not signify failure in other states. We need to get these facts right.

There is little Fashola can do in Aso rock." Nigeria nor be Lagos; Aso rock nor be Alausa.

Fashola is better than 100 GEJs combined. That, alone, is reason to vote him in come 2015.

Your way of thinking (being sentimental rather than being rational) represents the mediocre majority who have kept this country back.

3 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
mrofficial:

Even tho I thought you didn't deserve any reply, I'm sure you must have heard about this Chinese saying "The journey of a thousand miles, starts with a step." If APC presents Buhari/Fashola, it'll be based on Vision, Performance, Achievements, Etc and Popularity which cannot be neglected. Not based on religion as the PDP is doing which is killing the country.

You should make use of your brain and stop being vacuous.

it is even easier for such a ticket to fly i the SE/SS than the northern stateas of Benue,plateau,taraba,nassarawa,kogi ,southern kaduuna and christain sections of adamawa and niger state
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by highmood(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
OmoEniafelamo:
What advice does he have to give? This is a former president who failed to deliver even his own ward during the last general elections. The only way Obasanjo can affect anyone politically is if it's to the detriment of that person. He can't make any positive impact on any candidate. His irrelevance became palpable when Ogun PDP resolved its internal crisis sans Obasanjo.

and are u saying he is not making sense? This is a well known fact. For the fact that there was a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 1993 which brought Mko and Kingibe does not mean it will come to reality in this present Nigeria maybe it can in the future when politicians are no more desperate to be in that seat of power. Then It happened because ppl were just tired of the military system being practiced-the killings, jailing, less freedom etc and for now that some Muslims have displayed thier skills in killing innocent souls and even threatening to do more to Islamize the country, hmmm many people will not even dare it. Why not attempt a Christian-Christian ticket since a muslim-muslim had won before or are there no better Christians in the north and south? Imagine a 73 year old military taking power! If he does anything silly when hr wins, he won't mind after all, how many years does he need to live on this planet before getting his virgins. Buhari should go and be an elder statesman like his fellows. Any party can combine anyone possible, GEJ will win.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
BOAR:
Is religion now a condition precedent to ability to perform?

Nigeria is a very sick country!

When you remove 1 trillion naira from the economy to tool your security forces to fight a religious fuelled war then it will surely affect your ability to perform. You think religion is unimportant. Please wake up.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by veraponpo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Arysexy:

Bigot what have u contributed to the topic of discussion? Shameful thing.

I have said the truth.

No amount of religious dichotomy or alliance will make majority of Igbo vote against anybody in power, if you like put the devil there Igbo will vote for him against their own blood brother or son.

3 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Reference(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
Keenysbojan:
Ape pee see must not win 2015presidential election..if dey do,all the Christians shud find dia way out of this country coz dia wud mass killing (they wud be killing Christians)... quote me how and I will send you the tape... Ape pee see primary assignment it to eradicate Christians,to turn Nigeria to Islamic country

Stop the panic. It is not even technically possible to islamize Nigeria. There may be violence but that is symptomatic of failure rather than success.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Asoozy: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
100% in agreement!

Bravo!!!

mrmetoo1:
What's funny about this whole thing is, no one has decided on their running mate but it has become the hottest topic of the moment.

What this means is, this poses a threat to the opposition. Everyone is assuming that Buhari will clinch the APC ticket and a lot of people are assuming/hoping he'll pick Fashola as his running mate. If that combination wasn't a good combination, no one will pay attention to it.

Saying that, if Buhari picks any other muslim as a running mate, he'll surely lose. So this is really not a Muslim/Muslim thing, the opposition is just trying to make as much noise as possible so that the Buhari/Fashola combination won't happen.

I know GEJ/PDP supporters won't agree but Fashola is arguably more christian than muslim or at the very least 50-50, his mother is a christian, his wife is a christian, some of his kids are christians, he has christian siblings, this man does a huge carol in the govt house inviting gospel singers from everywhere. In fact the first sunday of the year, its bishops and pastors that he invites to pray for the year, so whats the real issue here??

Ismalizing the country, whatever that means, is him betraying all the people closest to him. Again we have a national assembly, they'll have to write this islamization into law so I don't get it.

If this ticket was looking like a Buhari/Aregbeshola, no one will be talking about it. As a matter of fact, the opposition will be praying for it because they know Buhari will lose but a Buhari/Fashola ticket is giving them a lot of worry. This is because we have an anti-corruption crusader on one hand and a well known performer on the other hand

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by highmood(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
OmoEniafelamo:
What advice does he have to give? This is a former president who failed to deliver even his own ward during the last general elections. The only way Obasanjo can affect anyone politically is if it's to the detriment of that person. He can't make any positive impact on any candidate. His irrelevance became palpable when Ogun PDP resolved its internal crisis sans Obasanjo.

and are u saying he is not making sense? This is a well known fact. For the fact that there was a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 1993 which brought Mko and Kingibe does not mean it will come to reality in this present Nigeria maybe it can in the future when politicians are no more desperate to be in that seat of power. Then It happened because ppl were just tired of the military system being practiced-the killings, jailing, less freedom etc and for now that some Muslims have displayed thier skills in killing innocent souls and even threatening to do more to Islamize the country, hmmm many people will not even dare it. Why not attempt a Christian-Christian ticket since a muslim-muslim had won before or are there no better Christians in the north and south? Imagine a 73 year old military taking power! If he does anything silly when hr wins, he won't mind after all, how many years does he need to live on this planet before getting his virgins. Buhari should go and be an elder statesman like his fellows. People complain that Nigeria has so much money, how much do we have? Divide a budget of 3trillion by 165million and judge if Nigeria truly is rich compared to those countries with little population to a similar budget to Nigeria. Those former military men placed us in our predicament and yet they are not satisfied. Until those key military men leaves this planet earth, Nigerians may still be living in fears. APC party can combine anyone possible, GEJ will win.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Arysexy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
mrofficial:
Regarding what Obasanjo said about Muslim-Muslim ticket, I think he's just doing his part as a PDP member to support his party. It is only the PDP that has been using this muslim-muslim as campaign.

Now, for as I know, the Yoruba people careless about religion. It is only the people of SS and SE that shout muslim-muslim will not work. Also, the APC has little or no chance in winning these regions because the party itself is condemned and branded "Islam party". We all can remember why Ngige Did not clinch the seat in the last gubernatorial election in Anambra.

If APC is looking to remove PDP from presidency, Buhari/Fashola is APC's best shot. It's not about asking the question of what happened to other 80million Nigerians, the other 80million Nigerians are not as popular as Fashola and cannot boast of the same achievement as that of Fashola.

Okay, now it is no longer about vision and betterment of the nation, it is now by religion?? PDP should stop inciting religion and let the people vote by choice, not by religion. They should stop stirring religion for good!

Why should any sane party use religion as campaign? It is only a useless party with no vision for this country will do such. That is why we have ended up with the so called Ph.D holder up there. I'm sure Obasanjo chose GEJ as vice president based on religion, and as we can see, the country has been in total mess. Doesn't that tell us that religion will get us nowhere? Have we not seen the result?

Nigerians must choose between good governance and religion. Until then, we may never achieve much as a nation.

Cc: Acidosis

Mumu I guess OBJ, Fani kayode and d rest Yoruba opposed to Muslim Muslim tickets are from SE and SS
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Iceathome(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Sir, no bad feelings, how old are u and how far do u know Nigeria politics?

I laugh when I read folks admitting muslim-muslim ticket or SW/Northner ticket because I see war/disintergrating if it happened.

MKO/Kingibe ticket was voted because we need democracy at all cost even majority of d military want democracy though, they expected Torfa to win which didnt happen and guess what the election was cancelled.

1993 till date is 21yrs and such ticket will be war ticket in Nigeria now because alot of hidden information in Nigeria politics have been exposed since 1999 till date.

So, personally, I look to those agitating muslim-muslim ticket as enemies of Nigeria unity.

Nigeria politics is just 10% of what we read on internet or pages of newspaper, its called the less you read or hear, the less you know.

Pls. OBJ has been with Nigeria govt from 1960's till date and I don't think most of us here are closer to our govt than him..we have to respect his advice

gbishman:
Nigeria has grown beyond ethnicity and religious divides. Buhari and Fashola remain the best candidates where one is an enforcer and the other a proven technocrat. Its a new dawn for Nigeria and the older generation might not be able to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by minister85: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
Fools like u should rather keep quiet than exposing your ignorance in public
veraponpo:
At the surface, it sounds as a good advice but technically, it will not bring the best result that a Buhari-Fashola ticket would have brought.

Not only will christians vote for that ticket, pastors will rush to vote for it, I am sure of that,going by the antecedents and track records of the duo.

If APC presents an angel, Igbo will not vote for the angel because they did not vote for Ojukwu in 2003, they voted for their perennial enemy because of money - Obasanjo who conquered Biafra.

Buhari used Chuba Okadigbo as running mate, they did not vote for them. It then means APC should forget them.

APC should focus on its area of strength-North, South West, Rivers and 25% of other states.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by minister85: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
Muscomide:
This is the same Obasanjo who during the Sharia crisis under his presidency, failed to act to protect Nigeria's secularity as enshrined in the constitution. It can be argued that in failing to act against the northern states who declared Sharia at that time, Obasanjo was complicit in sowing the seeds of the deadly Boko Haram insurgency we are experiencing today.

Unlike the weakling OBJ, Buhari's swift and decisive action in crushing the Islamic Maitatsine revolt in the 1980s is on record. Even Muslim clerics like Sheikh Gumi are in trepidation at the prospect for radical Islam of a Buhari presidency. A Muslim Buhari will protect Nigeria's secularism more than a weak Christian Presidents in the mould of GEJ and OBJ.
you lie
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Suntzung: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
veraponpo:
At the surface, it sounds as a good advice but technically, it will not bring the best result that a Buhari-Fashola ticket would have brought.

Not only will christians vote for that ticket, pastors will rush to vote for it, I am sure of that,going by the antecedents and track records of the duo.

If APC presents an angel, Igbo will not vote for the angel because they did not vote for Ojukwu in 2003, they voted for their perennial enemy because of money - Obasanjo who conquered Biafra.

Buhari used Chuba Okadigbo as running mate, they did not vote for them. It then means APC should forget them.

APC should focus on its area of strength-North, South West, Rivers and 25% of other states.

Ur 100% Right Dude, After Buhari Clear the bastards Corrupt PIGs, Fashola should carry Go By 2019 and lead us to destiny (One Nigeria, peace and progress)

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by SergeAlain: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
I think we should be careful.

It is Ok for the younger members of this blog to imagine that religion and ethnicity do not matter any more. However reality is different. How do you think Christians would have reacted if the type of religious massacres we have been experiencing happened under a muslim-muslim leadership??

Incidentally can you imagine what the North would say if what APC was suggesting was a christian-christian ticket, even if the Christians were northern Christians?

Religion may not matter in the SW where brother and sister can be from different religions, but in the North (especially middle belt where xtians are being massacred everyday) and the SE/SS it is a game changer.

Let us be guided! Very guided in fact!!!

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Acidosis(m): 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Fashola is better than 100 GEJs combined. That, alone, is reason to vote him in come 2015.

Your way of thinking (being sentimental rather than being rational) represents the mediocre majority who have kept this country back.

Do you know what it takes to lead 160million citizens? You think 9ja life ends in Lagos? The entire Lagos land mass is less than 4 Local Governments in Kano.

After 8years of Fashola's rule in Lagos, can everyone in Lagos boast of good jobs? good businesses? good accomodation? admission? water?
So what makes you think Fashola, on entering aso rock, will suddenly put an end to unemployment in Nigeria?

Let me remind you, Bayelsa will never forget GEJ for his gubernatorial roles in the state. Corruption and the lies you guys are sharing on the internet since he assumed the office of presidency were never linked with GEJ while in government house in Bayelsa.

Except you're talking about another Fashola, but the Fashola I know - who deports Nigerian citizens from Lagos state, will recieve more insult (in multiple folds) if he ever steps his callous foot in Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Acidosis(m): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Acidosis(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
[quote author=HFOG post=27492330][/quote]
Political researcher specifically cheesy
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Blueboy0402: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Just because it is politics, some people will come to a faceless forum like this and type trash. For goodness sake Nigeria is not properly structured. You can see and even feel the injustice in our national life. Inasmuch as I prefer competence over any other thing, unfortunately it is not so in this country. To all those promoting muslim-muslim ticket, what will you say about quota system? what will you say about federal character? is it only now that you will remember competence? As a nation, we did not remember competence when a child scores 230 in an examination but was not given admission but another child scores 2 and was offered admission into our unity schools; we did not scream competence!

I am not a fan of Obasanjo but the old man said the biter truth. Some of us may not like what he said but that is the sad reality in Nigeria. If we are talking about competence, let it reflect in all our national life. Obasanjo has hit the nail on the head, let those who have ears hear!

4 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by kgr8mike(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
Why is it that I don't like Obasanjo but I like Mandella so much? After all both went to prison came out and both became presidents of their respective countries. But here I am today with no respect for Obasanjo but I can watch the video that airs Mandella and appreciate with some kind of heart every word, jesture or even the silence of the man Mandella. Obasanjo please just stop talking because am not interested. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere / Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari / Apostle Suleman Supports Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.