Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,184 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? (786 Views)

See What A Guy Posted That Got His Girlfriend Pissed Off.. / He Talks Too Much N It Do Get Me Pissed Off / Charming Who Pissed Off The Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Hello peeps....for a while now ive always wondered if there's any difference between taking it personal and being pissed off...

It bothers me a lot and I wanna know the difference cos there was a time I was in a bus travelling to ibadan from lagos and was happy when the last space beside me was

gonna be occupied by a cute lady....I believed the journey was gonna be fun chatting with her...only for her to dull me from the very beginning & all the irritating attitudes

ladies put up just to test a guy's confidence & masculinity. I later didn't feel like talking to her again & just put on my earpiece & started listening to my playlist.

When she sensed I don free her she started trying to get back my attention by nudging me on the shoulder& telling me to join her in the yourghourt she was taking. I just

said a thank u nonchalantly &continued my music....she tried to encourage me to continue the convo but I no dey interested again jarey.....a friend of mine later told me I

took it personal, that most ladies will always give you tough time first that if I wanna get them I shouldn't be taking it personal....but I dont think I took it personal...she just

simply quenched my fire thats all...I felt I just got pissed off...pls any difference between these 2 phrases?
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2014
I think u were pissed off...takin it personal would hv been u insultin her..... So thr is a diff...
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Evina(f): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2014
First off, I want to correct that erroneous notion that ladies put up irritating attitude to test a man's confidence and masculinity (whatever that means), and the hard to get ish... these are traits put up by timid teenage girls. A woman that knows what she wants don't run in circles.

To your question, yes there is a difference. Getting pissed means to be angry at a situation or actions of another. Taking it personal is to allow the action or situation affect you to the point that you become irrational.
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2014
Evina:
First off, I want to correct that erroneous notion that ladies put up irritating attitude to test a man's confidence and masculinity (whatever that means), and the hard to get ish... these are traits put up by timid teenage girls. A woman that knows what she wants don't run in circles.

To your question, yes there is a difference. Getting pissed means to be angry at a situation or actions of another. Taking it personal is to allow the action or situation affect you to the point that you become irrational.

But if you're angry @someone, it means what that person did to you was painful, and if painful doesn't that mean you've taken it personal.....thanx for your response..but even hot & confident ladies do intentionally put up such irritating attitude & I dont blame them, cos the world is full of weak men and they gotta hook with a strong man, but it gets to a point it just kills off the man's interest & not his confidence.... I had a friend who put up with a girl's B.S for 3yrs & after tasting her honey, told her that he would have stayed on if she didn't put up all those attitudes for so long but it got to a point he decided to continue following her so as to chop and clean mouth...and to her very surprise dumped her just after a round of sex after 3yrs of fronting.
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Cutehector4u:
I think u were pissed off...takin it personal would hv been u insultin her..... So thr is a diff...

I believe so too...but even if I take it personal, I wont go to the extent of insulting her except she insults me first, then I will tell her the story of how she was born.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Evina(f): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2014
drlawizle:

But if you're angry @someone, it means what that person did to you was painful, and if painful doesn't that mean you've taken it personal.....thanx for your response..but even hot & confident ladies do intentionally put up such irritating attitude & I dont blame them, cos the world is full of weak men and they gotta hook with a strong man, but it gets to a point it just kills off the man's interest & not his confidence.... I had a friend who put up with a girl's B.S for 3yrs & after tasting her honey, told her that he would have stayed on if she didn't put up all those attitudes for so long but it got to a point he decided to continue following her so as to chop and clean mouth...and to her very surprise dumped her just after a round of sex after 3yrs of fronting.

You are welcome. Well, the definition I gave is subjective.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Evina:

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by Evina(f): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Any Difference Between Being Pissed Off & Taking Something Personal? by major466(m): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
Yeah. I believe you took it personal. Most ladies are like that and you can blame them.

(1) (Reply)

BEFORE YOU Wed-things To Do! / Signs That Could Signal An Eventual End To Your Relationship / Do Men Also Play Hard To Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.