Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? (9969 Views)

What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / What Time Is "Gods Time"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 6:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Iceflox:

you are right with the diagnosis, But we are africans, we can't help but still remain africans
there is nothing wrong being African, it's not about the skin color, it's about change in the mindset which religion can largely determine

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
Alexis86:

there is nothing wrong being African, it's not about the skin color, it's about change in the mindset which religion can largely determine
you people are trying to give the impression that white men are better than black people, yet you are a black man
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Iceflox:

you people are trying to give the impression that white men are better than black people, yet you are a black man

the question you should ask yourself is, in what area of this life are Africans better than whites?
is it the mosquito in our environment? or our poor drainage system? or the wild jungle without any form of fumigation against reptiles?
by God's mandate we ought show love to people and replenish our world like white men are doing to their world,But what are we doing? we abandon education and carry religion and tradition as our first priority, abandoning our responsibility here on earth,going to church and be waiting for rapture, thinking God is more interested in church or religion than his creation ..
we need change
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2014
paxonel:

the question you should ask yourself is, in what area of this life are Africans better than whites?
is it the mosquito in our environment? or our poor drainage system? or the wild jungle without any form of fumigation against reptiles?
by God's mandate we ought show love to people and replenish our world like white men are doing to their world,But what are we doing? we abandon education and carry religion and tradition as our first priority, abandoning our responsibility here on earth,going to church and be waiting for rapture, thinking God is more interested in church or religion than his creation ..
we need change
it is the white man world that need change.
a society which encourage girls to be walking naked and there is impunity everywhere, is that not immoral society ?
their high rate of immorality is in the increase. our culture and tradition has helped check immorality in our society and you are telling me that they are better than us.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Iceflox:

a society which encourage girls to be walking naked and there is impunity everywhere, is that not immoral society ?
their high rate of immorality is in the increase. our culture and tradition has helped check immorality in our society and you are telling me that they are better than us.
it's obvious you don't know what morality is all about

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Alexis86:

it's obvious you don't know what morality is all about
he doesn't know that in every nation, whether people are morally upright or not,it is reflected in their standard of living and not in how much time they go to church or mosque ... lol

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Proximo73: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2014
paxonel:

we need change
you are wrong, God is more interested in his church than anything else in this world
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Iceflox:

if they had been teaching you well in your Sunday school and Bible study, you will know that the greatest immorality is corruption and not girls walking naked. by the way, western mode of casual dressing for ladies is never unclothedness
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Proximo73:

you are wrong, God is more interested in his church than anything else in this world
I think i have distinguished between this.
as they applied to reality, God is not interested in religion (church ).what God is interested in is THE CHURCH ,which is people, everybody in Christianity.
so, by extention,church buildings and all the ordinances and practices in them are vanity before God, but may be useful to humans
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by asalimpo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
paxonel:

religion is the cause of almost all the problem in this world. church going is religious activity, it has become a habit to most Nigerian Christians
watof club going and going to work isnt it a habit of people's lives too? People are at liberty to do as they please with their time.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by asalimpo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
paxonel:
This is the mandate God gave to mankind in the beginning
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH THE EARTH , and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
So., our primary purpose on earth is to replenish this earth and God has not changed his mind about this.
How come churches are now saying that the reason why we are on earth is to win souls to prepare for rapture ?
That when rapture comes, God will take us to heaven and destroy this world?
Why will God create man in the beginning and ask him to replenish this world, only for him to come and destroy what man have put his effort to replenish over the years?
Is God that confused? (I'm speaking like a man )
I know winning soul is part of it, But it is not the main thing.

go and read your bible well and stop writg posts under d influence.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:20am On Nov 02, 2014
asalimpo:

go and read your bible well and stop writg posts under d influence.
i thought you wanted to correct me, since you have read your Bible well.. lol
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2014
asalimpo:

watof club going and going to work isnt it a habit of people's lives too? People are at liberty to do as they please with their time.

that is true, people have liberty to do whatever they like, because i have liberty, i can fetch a 25 litre drum of water from a tap and climb a 3 story building with it, only for me to pour away the water down from the third floor to empty the drum again. does that make sense?
if people go to work, atleast their benefit is payment
if they go to club, atleast they are catching fun.
what do i benefit in church? i have been going without one benefit. instead, it is transport money i am wasting.
all i know is that, i believe in Christ and i am saved, i don't need to shout it for the world to hear.
let them see it my lifestyle and know.
You may benefit from church, people are different

2 Likes

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

he doesn't know that in every nation, whether people are morally upright or not,it is reflected in their standard of living and not in how much time they go to church or mosque ... lol
yeh, it is very important to note how it affect the nation as a whole and not just one individual.
because, no man is an island, one man sin affects another person who didn't commit the sin, and one man good is benefitial to all
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 6:57am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

that is true, people have liberty to do whatever they like, because i have liberty, i can fetch a 25 litre drum of water from a tap and climb a 3 story building with it, only for me to pour away the water down from the third floor to empty the drum again. does that make sense?
if people go to work, atleast their benefit is payment
if they go to club, atleast they are catching fun.
what do i benefit in church? i have been going without one benefit. instead, it is transport money i am wasting.
all i know is that, i believe in Christ and i am saved, i don't need to shout it for the world to hear.
let them see it my lifestyle and know
you may benefit from church, people are different

lol... you are funny o
so it is transport money that is your problem?
anyway, i like this, the most important thing is that you believe
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:08am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

lol... you are funny o
so it is transport money that is your problem?
anyway, i like this, the most important thing is that you believe
lol.. i didn't say transport money is my problem, atleast, there should be a benefit for every little money i spend no matter my wealth
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

lol.. i didn't say transport money is my problem, atleast, there should be a benefit for every little money i spend no matter my wealth
then, giving to the poor is what you should not go into, because if you are looking for benefit there, you will get non
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

then, giving to the poor is what you should not go into, because if you are looking for benefit there, you will get non
if i give to the poor i get happiness, i will be happy that a life is touched
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

if i give to the poor i get happiness, i will be happy that a life is touched
talking about giving to the poor, the churches are doing great job
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

yeh, it is very important to note how it affect the nation as a whole and not just one individual.
because, no man is an island, one man sin affects another person who didn't commit the sin, and one man good is benefitial to all
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

exactly!
nobody can do without people, that's why we are a nation.
i think our interest should be replenishing this nation, rather than replenishing the church and.replenishing pastors pocket.
what am i gaining from them?
the moral values of the Bible, they are not teaching us. it is African norms which does not conform to ethics they are busy promoting
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2014
Iceflox:

talking about giving to the poor, the churches are doing great job

that's true, churches are doing great job helping the poor, i can testify to TB Joshua and this emmanuel tv team and many more,
but we are talking about solving national problem here which is of a greater impact
i mean, how much poor people can these churches reach with their limited resources?
that is why, preaching the right information from the Bible and Quran remains the only solution to the problem of this nation, because, somehow in the nearest future ,
a child from the church with right information may end up becoming a Senator.
a child from the mosque with the right information may end up becoming the president
so far, no pastor in Nigeria is doing a good job in terms of passing the right info from the Bible.
it is money they want

2 Likes

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

exactly!
i think our interest should be replenishing this nation, rather than replenishing the church and.replenishing pastors pocket.
the moral values of the Bible, they are not teaching us. it is African norms which does not conform to ethics they are busy promoting
lol.. truly, it is reflecting in the quality of leaders we produce in this country. Its like, the more church and mosque we go, the more corrupt leaders we produce

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

that's true, churches are doing great job helping the poor, i can testify to TB Joshua and this emmanuel tv team and many more,
but we are talking about solving national problem here which is of a greater impact
i mean, how much poor people can these churches reach with their limited resources?
that is why, preaching the right information from the Bible and Quran remains the only solution to the problem of this nation, because, somehow in the nearest future ,
a child from the church with right information may end up becoming a Senator.
a child from the mosque with the right information may end up becoming the president
so far, no pastor in Nigeria is doing a good job in terms of passing the right info from the Bible.
it is money they want
you are right!
though it is good to give arms, but passing the right information is better and even cheaper, it is more cheaper to talk than to render help to people. when people have the right information, it yelled greater impact.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

I think i have distinguished between this.
as they applied to reality, God is not interested in religion (church ).what God is interested in is THE CHURCH ,which is people, everybody in Christianity.
so, by extention,church buildings and all the ordinances and practices in them are vanity before God, but may be useful to humans
Christianity is not a religion, do you know that?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2014
Iceflox:

Christianity is not a religion, do you know that?
that's true to some extent in that, Jesus build people which is THE CHURCH, that one is not religion.
But church building and all the ordinances practice inside ,is religion. You can't dispute that fact no matter how hard you try
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

that's true to some extent in that, Jesus build people which is THE CHURCH, that one is not religion.
But church building and all the ordinances practice inside ,is religion. You can't dispute that fact no matter how hard you try
hmm! this whole thing! is like a puzzle, it takes intelligence to understand
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Proximo73: 9:28am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

hmm! this whole thing! is like a puzzle, it takes intelligence to understand
life itself is a puzzle
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
paxonel:

exactly!
i still think there African traditional values that should be emulated
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
Iceflox:

i still think there African traditional values that should be emulated

yeah,
there are moral values that should be emulated in African traditions..example, in music and dancing, in fashion and design, in relationships, food and commerce etc,
But there are other values that are not making the traditions attractive at all, most of which are in the area of traditional governments, laws and customs..
example, the man who is head of the family will want to suppress the opinion of his wife and children,nobody will question him, simply because he is head.
this kind of mindset is reflected in Nigerian politics.
Government officials will be corrupt and nobody will question them
lecturers will slash students scores, nobody will question him
pastors will be doing injustice in disguise of the Scripture, touch not my anointed, and nobody dares to challenge them
these are the kind of things we should do away with, if this country must move forward

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 1:38am On Nov 03, 2014
i believe that there should be no sentimental judgment when it comes to issues that deals with religion and our general lives.
consider the word WORSHIP, we know that we were created to worship God, and beyond any doubt, you proved that we were created to replenish this earth, i don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age / Catholic Bishops Donate N10million To Nimbo Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attacks / What Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.