Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (484332 Views)

Dinner With The Devil By Repogirl / Happy Birthday, Repogirl / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Flakeey(f): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Since no more space to sit...av decided to bring my mat and spread in front.
*on it*
Ahhhhhhh!!!
Very satisfying.

Welcome back Repomum
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Repogirl update more na cry
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2014
toykathy:

that was my reason for saying 'warming up' cuz after FAFA, it wil be ur turn to mesmeriz us. #winks#
Lol! FAFA already? Naija! grin
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2014
Cheriepet:

Abeg no think am oo...... me don wash my eye n head even my hand do clean since dey wait make november reach....lol

longest time Audrey
Lmao! Longest time really! How you doing, dear?
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Cheriepet: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2014
AudreyTimms:

I am doing great smiley

Morning Ma'am

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Fatalveli(m): 9:04am On Oct 30, 2014
*following*
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by amiablejudy(f): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2014
Repogirl,you are excellent,your depth of description,analyzes and overall development of your work leave much to be desired,your work 'false pretense' was the very first I read on this platform,ever since I've been following conscientiously.You rock
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by toykathy(f): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2014
AudreyTimms:

Lol! FAFA already? Naija! grin

proudly Naija jare.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2014
Cheriepet:

I am doing great smiley

Morning Ma'am
Morning dear
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by seunviju(f): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Silently following
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
AudreyTimms:

gud day .Audrey wen will u start a new story? Cnt wait o .
Diz story is interesting repogirl cme update na
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by seyitanhep: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
ok
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by DEUSHA(f): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
More greasE pls update am waiting I love ur write up tks
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hi guys, sorry I have been mega busy, sorry bout taking so long and starving you guys. Here's chapter 3, its quite long and should make up for my absence.

I won't be able to reply your wonderful comments for now but be assured I'm reading them and it warms my heart, thank you all sooooo much.

Now lets get on with the story, shall we?

BTW, Posting will occur Mondays, wednesdays and fridays from now on, thank you. (pls dont crucify me if I dont keep to it grin)
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Eleven Years Ago

Ezinne was going to have Uduak's head that afternoon. Uduak had gone too far this time and she was going to get it from her. After keeping her out until late last night, she'd turned off her alarm that morning, thereby making her wake up late. She had almost missed a final paper for crying out loud and hadn't even been able to revise before running off to school in order not to miss the exam.

The night before, Ezinne had meant to return home by 6 p.m but since UD hadn't had a ride and planned hitching one with Ezinne and Ekene her boyfriend to stay over at her place, she'd had to wait for her friend who hadn't been ready to let go of her boyfriend. Their hands had been all over each other, and it had made Ezinne uncomfortable she'd had to give the two some space. Ekene hadn't seemed to mind watching the two love birds but he'd changed seats for her sake.

It was amazing how UD acted like she loved Kelvin so much whenever they were together when cheated on him behind his back with rich older men. The one time Zinny had tried to advice her friend, she'd met a brick wall with UD yelling at her to mind her business, attracting the attention of passers by on the road. Zinny had kept her thoughts to herself since then.

But today she was going to let loose the rage from the embarrassment on her friend, the feeling was still fresh and she'd purposed all morning all she'd say to her friend who didn't take her education too seriously. UD didn't care about studying for exams since she could sort the lecturer out later. She lived a carefree lifestyle and had always tried dragging Zinny down that route. Had it not been their parents were very close, Zinny would have dumped their friendship a long time back.

UD was fun to be with but sometimes she took it too far. Zinny had driven round school for about thirty minutes now, looking for her so-called friend at their usual hangout spots but hadn't found her. There was one more place she had to check, she was almost sure she would find her there.

She remembered the guy who had come to her rescue when she'd been out of sorts, wondering where she would start from. The time had been far gone and she hadn't been able to put herself together. why had he helped her, he was the one whom most people referred to as Bill Gates because he seemed to be a genius or something. He stayed next house to hers and always came in to do one thing or the other in her house after which he was paid for his services.

He'd probably felt sorry for her but she didn't need anyone's pity, even if he hadn't helped her with it, she was confident one way or another she would have scaled through with at least a C.

Parking the RAV4 SUV into an available space, she turned off the engine and made her way into the place to see her so called friend laughing and chattering gleefully with two of their other friends.

'UD!' She yelled, garnering the stares of most people around including her friend's Osas and Dara. The three of them turned but Ezinne's eyes were on UD!

"Why are you screaming my name like that in public?" UD questioned getting up.

"Screaming your name is the least of your problems right now Uduak! Why in the world did you turn off my alarm this morning? Is your brain so dense that you didnt think that I set it for a reason?"

Uduak jumped up from her seat "Who are you calling dense, Zinny? Your stupid phone was disturbing my sleep so I shut it off!"

"Its always all about you, isnt it? Because of you I stayed out late last night and I set the clock in order not to miss my paper this morning, but because of you, I almost missed it."

Osas who had recovered from her shock, intervened as the two were causing a scene and they were the centre of attention in the place now.

"Zinny, guys, please lets not cause a scene." She said quietly

"Please save me the wounded victim sob story, abeg!" Uduak ignored her "You didnt even miss the paper so why are you making noise, you are just a bloody drama queen! What do you even need your degree for? You are going to marry Ekene and he will take care of you for the rest of your life, right?"

"Wh...what?" Zinny sputtered not believing what she was hearing from her so called friend "You're calling me a drama queen? I should be happy I didn't miss my paper abi, because unlike you I don't settle lecturers abi?"

Her last outburst shocked everyone at the table, including Uduak who seemed like the one most hit. he was too stunned for a counter attack, Osas and Dara took over before the fight went out of hand. They got up from their seats, Osas going for Zinny while Dara went for Uduak. Osas tried pulling Zinny out but she wasnt going anywhere, not until she told Uduak a few truths she needed to know. She however did succeed in pulling Zinny a few steps back.

"What! Why are you acting surprised? Isn't it true? Unlike you, I take my studies seriously and if you ever, ever, put me in a position like you did this morning, I swear your family, your boyfriend whom you are deceiving, they will know the real sh'it you do for a living, try me!" She yelled.

Zinny saw something akin to rage fire up in Uduak's eyes and next thing, she saw Uduak charging for her. It happened too fast for her to react, she'd never been in a physical fight with anyone before and was going to be at the loosing end of it but before Uduak got to her, a strong arm grasped hers firmly pulling her away, as Osas joined Dara to restrain Uduak back.

She turned to look at who it was and saw it was him, the guy from the hall, Bill Gates.... Mofe, that was his name wasn't it?

She tried jerking her arm from his tough grip but was unsuccessful.

"Leave my arm!" She kept on jerking her hand but she wasnt going anywhere.

He turned to her, gave her a look but didn't say anything.

"I said leave my arm, Mofe or what ever is your name! I don't need you interfering in my business all the frigging time!"

"Your business you were gladly feeding everyone in there, right? You want to go back in there, make more of a fool of yourself and your friend?" He asked letting go off her hand as they were outside now.

she didn't like being scolded by him, looking down at her like she was an errant school kid. He was too tall, she was about five feet nine but he towered over her, it was like looking up at Goliath, what was he, Six feet six?

"What is it to you if I make a fool of myself in public? Just because you work in my house doesn't now give you the right to interfere in my personal business, my father doesn't pay you for that? I don't need your help, even in the hall this morning, I didn't ask for your help, I was perfectly fine on my own! You don't owe me anything and vice versa so please butt out of my business from now on and stick to your paid duties, okay?" She lashed out at him unfairly knowing she was transferring her rage at her friend to him but couldn't seem to stop herself.

He nodded "right, rub it in my face that I'm one of your lowly, paid employees.... I know I'm not your level but I wont sit back and do nothing while you make a spectacle of yourself. Now, get in your car and go home and cool off... take a cold shower or something!" and with that he turned and walked away, going back into the eatery.

What the hell? Who did he think he was? "What? You don't boss me around! I will get into my car when I will!" She yelled at his retreating back.

What an arrogant a'ss!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Present Day

Mofe was at his cousin's house in Gwarimpa. He'd gone there immediately after his meeting with the president. Thankfully, it had gone well and no one had noticed his unsettledness. All he'd kept seeing all through the meeting were an oval face with almond shaped brown eyes, she was beautiful and now, after going over it over and over again, he was pretty sure she was his daughter.

That was why he was here, he needed someone to talk to.

"You did what?" Eric yelled in surprise.

They were at the mini bar in a corner of Eric's large living room, sitting on the bar, the both of them having a drink. Mofe was having a scotch, hoping the strong liquor would calm his nerves.

"I went to see her, Eric, I had to."

"You didn't have to do anything, MJ! Why in the world would you even do that? What you had ended years ago, you have both moved on long since so why?" Eric asked not understanding his actions.

He wasn't sure how to explain it to his cousin, that he hadn't really moved on. Eric didn't know about the dreams and how she still haunted his thoughts after all these years. He had kept it from his closest friend because right from the start Eric had never supported their relationship.

"I had to see her, Ric, I can't explain it but I had to!"

Eric watched him, as if trying to read him, he probably saw something because he began to shake his head.

"What? Why are you shaking your head like that?" Mofe asked eyeing him warily.

Eric took a careful sip of his drink, swirling the contents of the glass thoughtfully, before setting it back down on the top "You've still got it bad for her, haven't you?"

Mofe let out a resigned sigh, he decided on being a little truthful "I wouldn't go as far as that, but we didn't leave on the best of terms and...I just had to clear it all... For myself to be truly set free of her, for me to move on truly and begin something new and pure with Evie, I felt I had to do this."

"So this was the real reason you came back, wasn't it." Eric asked knowingly and Mofe replied with a guilty shuffle of his shoulders. "I knew it, I knew something else brought you down here. I had a feeling you weren't being truthful when you said you were coming to oversee the project for the government. That project is small fish compared to what your company handles in other countries and you don't personally oversee them. I knew something was definitely up, I just couldn't place it."

"Trust me, I have backed out and left it for Jared Lawson to handle. I almost jeopardised a meeting with the president this afternoon. It will be best this way."

Eric looked thoughtful once again "So you are leaving the country soon then?"

"Actually.... I'm not."

Eric's thoughtful expression became concerned "You have other business to handle?"

"Matter of factly, I do." Mofe said knowing his cousin wasn't going to like what was coming.

"Okay... You got some other business opportunities here or what?"

"Actually.... My business with Ezinne isn't exactly concluded." He started carefully, focusing on his glass of whisky rather than his cousin's face which he was sure wouldn't be pleasing to look at, at the moment.

"What the....!" Eric exclaimed pushing off from the bar counter "MJ, for goodness sakes what business do you have with your ex of over ten years back? MJ! Are you for real here? You have a great wonderful thing going on, a great life filled with so much possibilities the average person can only dream about, a great girlfriend, why go back to lick your vomit?"

"Hey! Hey!" Mofe turned to face his cousin now, he and Ezinne's affair might be done but he certainly wasn't going to accept Eric insulting her. She might after all be mother to his child.

"Ezinne is no vomit, we might not have worked out but I will not accept you referring to her, whether directly or indirectly, as such." He told his cousin crisply.

Eric was visibly not happy with him and Mofe didn't blame him but he had to do what he had to do. He had to know the truth, had he fathered that little girl?

"So what is this business you have with her? You can't help but have one more romp in the sack before leaving the country?"

"Oh please, give me a break, Eric," Mofe said exasperated " you think I came back to Nigeria for sex? Shouldn't you know me better?"

"Then please enlighten me on your 'business' with your ex" Eric said, doing air quotes with his fingers when he said 'business'.

Mofe sighed, now turning to look his friend in the face "Okay, let me start from the top. Eric, I have never really gotten over what happened between Ezine and myself. You know how it ended, very dramatic, painful and all that...I still feel guilty, I feel .... I feel.... I'm not sure but I'm just not settled. Since that day we had that fight, that night when I left the country abruptly, heartbroken and in pain, I haven't been myself.

Maybe if I had given it at least two days to think about it, we might have made up but I left in a hurry, hoping she would reach out to me and when she didn't, I became angry, resentful. I resented her for a long time Eric, I never told you but that anger and resentment at not being good enough, were my driving force. I purposed to myself that I would rise above all limitations, I would make it big, bigger than anything anyone ever expected and so I buried myself into my work..... I guess it all paid off." he sighed thinking about it all, the world was at his feet now but it still wasn't enough, he continued.

"I had relationships but nothing ever stuck, until I met Eve four years back," he smiled at the thought of her, she'd been ready to make huge sacrifices just to be with him, she put him first all the time and he loved her for it. She really was in love with him, not for his money but for who he was. "Meeting Evie made me decide it was time to move on from all that resentment but funny thing was, I didn't know how to live without it. I had kept her for so long in my mind that I just couldn't get her out.

"Believe me, I've tried Eric, but I keep having these dreams. Dreams about our past, the fight, some dreams are even of things that never happened. I'm just.... I'm tired of it all, I need to move on, I just want to move on Eric."

Eric who had been listening quietly all along, finally spoke "Is Eve aware of all this?"

Mofe nodded " She is,"

" And what's her take on it?"

Mofe sighed, a slight smile at the edge of his mouth "You know Eve, she always has my best interests at heart, she wants me to figure it all out." He said with a shrug "and that's what I wanted to do, see Ezinne, figure it out and get back on with my life" he said recalling the events that had happened that afternoon "but as you well know, life doesn't play fair."

"What do you mean?" Eric's frown resumed its position.

" Ezinne is blind now," he told his friend taking a swig of his drink as if needing it to calm himself. Seeing her blind like that today had cut him deep, she'd seemed able to cope but it still wasn't okay.

"She's ...." Eric was having a difficult time processing this information so Mofe helped him along.

"She's lost her vision!"

"What? How?"

"My thoughts exactly but that's not even the most alarming part, Eric. She has a daughter... A daughter who's at least ten years old, looking at her."

"She got married just a few months after you left, so it should add up......"

Mofe shook his head in disagreement "Nope, I saw her Eric, she is beautiful..." He smiled recalling the dark skinned girl with the eyes " she's dark skinned and Eric," he looked at his cousin, " she has my eyes!"

Ezinne wasn't sure what to believe any more. Since the departure of that reporter, she'd been jittery, apprehensive and worst of all, scared. She was scared that Mofe was back and was posing as a reporter. Why he would do that, she had no idea, had he found out about Azora? Had he come here just to see what she was up to and how he could take his daughter from her?

Ezinne stopped her pacing, reached out a hand to find the dinning chair she was sure was close by, her fingers touched it but it wasn't where it should be, Azora must have moved it. Holding it firmly, she sat down.

He had said his name was Moji but his voice had been so like Mofe's, She would know it in a crowd, even with it's accent, she could still swear by it or could two people's voices be so alike, was that possible?

Also how could one explain that fleeting spark she'd felt at the touch of his hand? It had only ever happened with Mofe, right from the first time they'd touched, only he, had ever sent sparks flying through her system.

Or could her mind and body be playing tricks on her? After all she'd recently been questioning her decision eleven years back to keep Azora's birth a secret from Mofe and his family. She'd been so angry with him back then that she hadn't considered what she would do in future when her daughter came of age and deserved to know who her real father was.

Zora was a few months over ten years now and in a few years would become a teenager. Ezinne knew she couldn't hold back this news from her for much longer. She currently believed her father had died in a car crash when she'd been three years old, same crash which had left Ezinne blind, but that wasn't true. She'd been too young to remember but Ekene had been nothing of a father to her. Not in blood and neither in kind.

She sighed, what to do?

"Ezinne, are you okay?" Rachel, her friend whom she shared house with had returned from work. She'd been so deep in thought that she hadn't heard her come in, she wished she had worn her glasses, her eyes would easily give her away, and Rachel would figure she was troubled.

Ezinne turned to her and managed a smile, "I'm fine Rachel, how was your day?"

She heard her set her bags down, her footsteps began approaching her "Don't lie to me, I saw the look on your face. You're broke, aren't you? The centre is broke, isn't it" She sat down beside her "What is your incompetent boyfriend-business manager doing, he's supposed to be making money for you, not mismanaging it. I thought you received a donation from a company just a few months back, what happened to the money?"

Ezinne sighed as Rachel went on and on, she'd never liked Emeka, who managed the centres funds and whom she was also in a relationship with.

"This is why I think its a bad idea for you to mix business with pleasure like this. It gives him the right to mismanage your money and you cant do anything about it. When my mother was alive, the centre always had enough funds. Now what is different? Why are we now broke as hell?"

Ezinne sighed "you're not helping matters by nagging about it." she said quietly.

Rachel paused for a second as she'd been about to continue "Okay, I'm sorry. I just can't stand seeing you troubled this way. Cheer up, okay? I bought ingredients to make your favourite dish, Ofe Nsala, you'll love it."

Finally a smile appeared on her face, everything around her could be chaotic but she could count on Rachel to be there. She didn't know how she would have gotten along without her.

Rachels mother, Theresa who was late now, had started the rehab centre. She'd also been visually impaired and since Rachel had grown up with her, she was used to living and assisting blind people. She co owned the centre along with Ezinne but ran a small business so she couldn't be involved in the day to day running of the place. Ezinne was in charge of that, she was thankful for Rachel's presence, she kept her going many times when she wanted to break down.

"Where's Azora?"

"She's next door, at Titi's place."

"Okay," She got up "It wouldn't do for her to see you like this."

"I'm fine now since my favourite meal is coming up." Ezinne joked getting a chuckle out of her friend.

"You had better!" She said, her footsteps retreating.

Ezinne sighed, she wasn't sure what to do about this Mofe issue but as she couldn't be absolutely sure it was Mofe, she would just have to be watchful. If indeed it was a reporter doing a feature on the centre she didnt want to jeopardise her chances of getting the recognition the place badly needed. He'd said he would be coming the next day, she would just have to wait and see how it all went.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Cheriepet: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mehn it is more than i tot.....

Weldone Repogirl for dis long update waiting for monday. smiley
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by gal10(f): 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Imagine my pleasant surprise as i came back after the long break to check d literature section and lo n behold i saw repogirl's story..i had to check d date make e no be old story.. Ha na shoki i dey dance so as mama repo don land again... Ah shoki... Shoki aa.. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by SexySapphire(f): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tnx for dis loonngg update. Monday pls come on a fast lane.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by jaymomma(f): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Cant bliv I'm looking forward to a monday shocked Only Repogirl (plus few odas) can do dt
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by goldwaters(f): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yaaaaay, repogirl is back
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
finally...a reason to visit NL now lol
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by kelsmic: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Welcome back Repogirl! Nice story already!
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by LarrySun(m): 12:13am On Nov 01, 2014
The laws of attraction.

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by aprilwise(m): 4:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Welcome back madam. Happy new month to u all.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by babysmart(f): 5:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Wow,great piece I must say.
I read false pretenses recently but didn't comment since it's been long u finished d story
BTW aw is baby?
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Savigne(f): 6:34am On Nov 01, 2014
This is simply Perfection
I'm not suprised,after all Repogirl and perfection are synonymous.
More ink to your pen madam....
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2014
I'm enjoying this. Mofe shouldn't break Eve's heart o.hmmmmm
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by kenchukscole(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2014
I love d suspense in d story...following patiently
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by tohero(m): 10:09am On Nov 01, 2014
Subscribed!

Waiting patiently for Monday. grin
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by onosj(f): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
@Repogirl thank 4 d update! But don't keep us waiting.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by christybabe(f): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
#Ghost mode deactivated#, weldone Repogirl, this is my first comment thou, I just finished reading False pretence and I must confess i was so mesmerize, it was really a masterpiece . And I know this story will be another masterpiece . More mb to your phone.
*following *

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Diary Of A Broke Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.