Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola (52588 Views)

PDP Rejects Lia Mohammed's Training Offer For Olisa Metuh / PDP Rejects Osun Gov Election Result / Babangida Linked To Abacha's Assassination And Abiola's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by holluwizzy: 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
Government of PDP, By PDP and For PDP

Well they should try and take this party to heaven and make sure they never die.

Warning : Privatize Nigerian or Fight for your right.

But nope : Nigeria is a country where the government will push citizens to the wall and the Mugu's will dig the ground to escape.

God help this forsaking country.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by Vivipedia: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is simply a close door policy. Party leaders should not speak unbehalf of other. Read more on: www.vivipedia.com

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by roxell120(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
morbid:
What can I say?? The duo are attention seekers.
LMAO. On point
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by date1816: 11:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
My origin is from Majorca, which is a great city on the sea, between two mountains and divided by a small valley, a commercial city, with two wonderful harbors. The city is on the island also known as Majorca, and most of its land is populated with fig and olive trees. My father was a well respected man in the city. I was his only son.
When I was six, he sent me to a priest who taught me to read the Gospel and logic, which I finished in six years. After that I left Majorca and traveled to the city of Larda, in the region of Castillion, which was the center of learning for Christians in that region. At least 1,000-1,500 Christian students gathered there. All were under the administration of the priest who taught them. I studied the Gospel and its language for another four years. After that I left for Bologne in the region of Anbardia. Bologne is a very large city, it being the center of learning for all the people of that region. Every year, more than 2,000 students gather together from different places. They cover themselves with rough cloth which they call the “Hue of God.”
All of them, whether the son of a workman or the son of a ruler wear this wrap, in order to make the students distinct from others. Only the priest teaches controls and directs them. I lived in the church with an aged priest. He was greatly respected by the people because of his knowledge and religiousness and asceticism, which distinguished him from the other Christian priests. Questions and requests for advice came from everywhere, from kings and rulers, along with presents and gifts. They hoped that he would accept their presents and grant them his blessings. This priest taught me the principles of Christianity and its rulings. I became very close to him by serving and assisting him with his duties until I became one of his most trusted assistants, so that he trusted me with the keys of his domicile in the church and of the food and the drink stores. He kept for himself only the key of a small room where he used to sleep. I think, and Allah knows best, that he kept his treasure chest in there. I was a student and servant for a period of 10 years; then he fell ill and failed to attend the meetings of his fellow priests.
During his absence the priests discussed some religious matters, until they came to what was said by the Almighty Allah through his Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) in the Gospel: “After him will come a Prophet called Paraclete.” They argued a great deal about this Prophet and as to who he was among the prophets. Everyone gave his opinion according to his knowledge and understanding; and they ended without achieving any benefit in that issue. I went to my priest, and as usual he asked about what was discussed in the meeting that day. I mentioned to him the different opinions of priests about the name Paraclete, and how they finished the meeting without clarifying its meaning.
He asked me: “What was your answer?” I gave my opinion which was taken from interpretation of a well known exegesis. He said that I was nearly correct like some priests, and the other priests were wrong.
“But the truth is different from all of that. This is because the interpretation of that noble name is known only to a small number of well versed scholars. And we posses only a little knowledge.”
I fell down and kissed his feet, saying: “Sir, you know that I traveled and came to you from a far distant country, I have served you now for more than 10 years; and have attained knowledge beyond estimation, so please favor me and tell me the truth about this name.” The priest then wept and said: “My son, by God, you are very much dear to me for serving me and devoting yourself to my care. Know the truth about this name, and there is a great benefit, but there is also a great danger. And I fear that when you know this truth, and the Christians discover that, you will be killed immediately.”I said: “By God, by the Gospel and He who was sent with it, I shall never speak any word about what you will tell me, I shall keep it in my heart.” He said: “My son, when you came here from your country, I asked you if it is near to the Muslims, and whether they made raids against you and if you made raids against them. This was to test your hatred for Islam. Know, my son, that Paraclete is the name of their Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), to whom was revealed the fourth book as mentioned by Daniel. His way is the clear way which is mentioned in the Gospel.” I said: “Then sir, what do you say about the religion of these Christians?”
He said:”My son, if these Christians remained on the original religion of Jesus, then they would have been on God’s religion, because the religion of Jesus and all the other prophets is the true religion of God. But they changed it and became unbelievers.” I asked him: “Then, sir, what is the salvation from this?” He said “Oh my son, embracing Islam.” I asked him: “Will the one who embraces Islam be saved?” He answered: “Yes, in this world and the next.” I said: “The prudent chooses for himself; if you know, sir the merit of Islam, then what keeps you from it?” He answered: “My son, the Almighty Allah did not expose me to the truth of Islam and the Prophet of Islam until after I have become old and my body weakened. Yes, there is no excuse for us in this, on the contrary, the proof of Allah has been established against us. If God had guided me to this when I was your age I would have left everything and adopted the religion of truth.
Love of this world is the essence of every sin, and look how I am esteemed, glorified and honored by the Christians, and how I am living in affluence and comfort! In my case, if I show a slight inclination toward Islam they would kill me immediately. Suppose that I was saved from them and succeeded in escaping to the Muslims, they would say, do not count your Islam as a favor upon us, rather you have benefited yourself only by entering the religion of truth, the religion that will save you from the punishment of Allah! So I would live among them as a poor old man of more than 90 years, without knowing their language, and would die among them starving. I am, and all praise is due to Allah, on the religion of Christ and on that which he came with, and Allah knows that from me.” So I asked him: “Do you advise me to go to the country of the Muslims and adopt their religion?” He said to me: “If you are wise and hope to save yourself, then race to that which will achieve this life and the Hereafter.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by roxell120(m): 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
but these dudes are already scoring some points oo.walahi,if no be dis form wey dey run go pick,i for no no say their names dey for abiola and tafawa family.2019 they will become shining stars as former 2015 presidential ticket applicants. grin
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by roxell120(m): 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
unleashed123:
You know even if Jonathan wins in 2015 his tenure will end in 2019. Does your statement imply that you do not wish to live beyond 2019
i know one plus one is five in ur calculator.cant u use ur number six? Lesson one: wat is figures of speach cheesy
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by pitoski(m): 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
no vacancy in ASo Villa
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by Omeiz4: 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
Vote AUDU RABIU OMEIZA a Master students FROM UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN.he is competing for an essay contest

please share to ur frnds on BBM,WATSAPP,FACEBOOK,GMail,Badooo.please ur vote count it is a FARA ESSAY contest in south Africa base on his dicipline

Steps;

Open d link http://a.pgtb.me/Kxc6Hj/gKH5c?w=28439632&e=71585467 a and scroll down where you will see vote your favourite essay with below it a box asking you to do the following

View all, Mine , friends.

Click on Mine among the 3 options

Then his essay will display, thick the box in front of his picture on suite and sunshade by voting.

Thanks it is closing 30th October 2014.you can as well vote more than once after today every 24 hrs

Please your vote count let support him.Share to friends.
Thanks
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by roymary: 11:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
Sebi na form? I dey sell.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by zeedof(m): 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Iykebestbt:
the gods should stay clear, story not for them.....GEJ till I go Heaven
.... That's mean u are going to heaven by 2015 may

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by remikunle: 12:00am On Oct 29, 2014
the same principles apply in Oyo state
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by gangar(m): 12:20am On Oct 29, 2014
Everfrank:
Jonathan is scared of contests as he is not sure of himself. All the governors in PDP were arm twisted to 'signing' his sole candidacy. This is the signs of things to come in the general elections. Do or die politics.
real
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by MrDoGood(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2014
Iykebestbt:

are u wishing urself premature death?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by slimmingcare(f): 12:56am On Oct 29, 2014
So who is their candidate?
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by free2ryhme: 12:57am On Oct 29, 2014
Iykebestbt:

How much were you paid

and yet poverty still abounds undecided
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 29, 2014
In order words GEJ has bought all the available slots while GMB had to take a loan to buy his slot...
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by dom(m): 2:05am On Oct 29, 2014
Is it true that Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Our first prime minister)is not really a Nigerian, but a migrant? So why is his son making so much noise. He should be careful else we deport him to neverland.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by mobileincome(m): 3:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Let's watch this drama as it unfolds, President set, name today he wan pick form.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by bigtt76(f): 3:54am On Oct 29, 2014
Na only one form PDP print? grin Abi den never hear PSquare + Akon colabo 'Chop My Money' ...before?
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by nnachukz(m): 3:59am On Oct 29, 2014
mailadedamola:
Unfair.
Who is talking of fairness here? Are we playing ludo game or football match? If they allow them spend millions of naira in picking the form, when they fail they will be looking for appointment to recoup their money at our own peril. My brother I think it is better this way though not democratic
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by conyema12(m): 4:18am On Oct 29, 2014
They are only trying to establish their relevance in the PDP scheme of things.

Watch out they might end up with one ministerial appointment by the next political dispensation..... that is if PDP wins.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by nnachukz(m): 4:30am On Oct 29, 2014
pro01:
The PDP is a reasonable party that does not fancy the idea of exploiting its members for financial gain. Knowing that those two unknown losers are mere time wasters rather than credible aspirants, they simply turned them back - with their money intact.

I'm sure the mercantile APC would have happily welcomed them and sold them their N24m nomination forms. . . daylight robbers.
Brother, it is N27.5m not N24m even buhari had to borrow from bank to obtain the form, hoping to pay from our purse when he wins.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by manosteel(m): 4:43am On Oct 29, 2014
Something Belewa? Hmmm! Haven't heard of for a long time now. The last time I heard, was pre and post independence years.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by chamboy(m): 4:52am On Oct 29, 2014
In oda news, soo GEJ Inscribed his name on the new Trains. Nawa oooo

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by eunisam: 5:12am On Oct 29, 2014
inasmuch as i support GEJ,i also advocate for a level play ground for everybody.
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by onatisi(m): 5:46am On Oct 29, 2014
adisa009:

Must pdp do what Tinubu or apc has done? Why the name peoples' democratic party when they truly knew they are undemocratic? No true democratic elemen emulate undemocratic practices. Pdp out of their dangerous political game caused unrest in our polity and introduced cross-carpeting. I assure you, they would surfer it soon. Qoute me!
the mistake nigerians keep making is by trying to differentiate the quality of politicians oon the basis of party membership. Look bro,pdp and apc are the same thing. They are both populated by selfish greedy and utterly corrupt individuals that is why they feel so comfortable moving from one party to another. Nigerian political party isn't about ideology and the sooner nigerians realize that to politicians in nigeria the nigeria masses and nigeria politics is business to them. They spend 1 billion to give rice ,bread butter and cash and they have to recoup it. No nigerian politician wants to spend 2 billion naira which is almost equal to 20million dollars on campaign just because he wants to serve nigeria. The problem is not about pdp oor apc ,the political system is the problem. If we want nigeria to change then we have to change the system,eg pdp shared rice and money in ekiti election and apc too did the same thing ,so please tell me what is the difference between them? The money apc govt used to purchase the rice and the money given to people where did it come from? Was it budgeted for? But we all know where it comes from. The same thing happened in osun state and that is how it will happen in all state with both pdp and apc been at the forefront of doing it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by akymme(m): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Iykebestbt:

Pls always choose your comments before posting, GEJ's tenure maximum is 2019,you are saying GEJ till u go to heaven, don't limit ur stay on earth, I know u will say I don't understand english, but if u can infere and deduce, u will know what I mean
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by dave64610: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2014
Internal democracy!
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by fortunejum: 6:21am On Oct 29, 2014
If PDP has decided or pick GEJ has their presidential candidate for 2015. Why do somebody like Tafewa going for? To collect form? Abi na temptation?

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by onatisi(m): 6:29am On Oct 29, 2014
fortunejum:
If PDP has decided or pick GEJ has their presidential candidate for 2015. Why do somebody like Tafewa going for? To collect form? Abi na temptation?
all na publicity stunt. If they didn't go there,their names will not be in the news and noone will be talking about them . All na game
Re: PDP Rejects Two Presidential Aspirants... Balewa And Abiola by Mogidi: 6:31am On Oct 29, 2014
akymme:

Pls always choose your comments before posting, GEJ's tenure maximum is 2019,you are saying GEJ till u go to heaven, don't limit ur stay on earth, I know u will say I don't understand english, but if u can infere and deduce, u will know what I mean

You're the one that needs comprehension lessons, if you didn't understand what he meant you sshould ask, stop parading ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Commissions 10 Fire Fighter Trucks Worth N1.8 Billion (Photos) / Oluwaseyi Tinubu: Five Things To Know About Tinubu’s Son / Zoning: Southern Governors Forum Reacts To Northern Governors' Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.