Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? (11565 Views)

For The Ladies: Moving Out Of Your Parent's House, Yay Or Nay? / Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by kandiikane(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Bullshyt! Give a valid reason.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
kandiikane:

ha! There we have it. What utter bullshyt! Get out of that cave joor!
I find my man-cave quite cozy and warm with an endless supply of gorgeous women and cold alcoholic beverages - do you have a problem with that?

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
kandiikane:

Bullshyt! Give a valid reason.
I know how much you long and desire to be a man with a working c0ck..

News flash: It's never going to happen cheesy

4 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
sassygal:

I'm certain his reason has to do with the archaic thinking that all single girls who live on their own are promiscuous. That's why I asked him again
Really?

Please tell me something I wasn't thinking.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by TV01(m): 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Crackhaus you liberal grin!
I have a different view. And note from my openeing post, I was sex-neutral on this, so I differ from Cracky on that point to.

sassygal:

Let me give you several reason, using myself as an example
I am an unmarried young woman and live 10-15 minutes away from my parents house.
Do I crave my freedom? You sure bet I do!

sassygal:
I am a very independent being with a strong personality, my mum equally has a strong personality. The max number of hours we stay together in the same house without upsetting each other is 12 hours.
Which would be the same even if she lived with you. The fact that a mother is unable to understand that an adult daughter who resides with her is to be permitted certain leeway is not a bad mark against the principle itself. Or will you claim this friction only manifested when you were able to live by yourself?

sassygal:
Now, I know some people will make a mountain out of a molehill but when I hear daily of how I threw away u.i medicine admission to study pharmacy in Lag, or is it why I decide not to practice the pharmacy and go into business(despite being successful at what I do) or why I travel up and down for business instead of looking for a man or is it why I fry my oil in a certain way while cooking. In as much as these are not enough reasons to some, but when you keep harping/nagging on a particular subject constantly despite it not affecting the outcome, I will snap. Often times, I'll keep quiet and this makes her upset, either way, it's a no-win situation for me.
This also is about an individual, not about a practice per se. Plus, we have no idea of your motivations for making the decisions you did, so we can't necessarily fault you mother for her objections. So yes, molehills grin!

Again, looking for a spouse - unless you are avowedly against marriage - is something to be considered in a timely fashion if marriage and kids are a priority. A mother has a duty to higfhlight that - wherever her child lives - I lived 6hrs away from my mum and it felt like the whole tribe was on my case shocked

sassygal:
One important reason, I decided to stay away is cos the nature of my job means that I work long hours, sometimes coming home at 10-12pm which makes her upset and she starts her tirade.
Again, this has nothing to do with the principle of singles being better served by being with their parents until they nest

sassygal:
Rather than stay in the same house and fight over minor things, which in my opinion are irrelevant, I give her her space and we are best buddies now.
Good, then don't fight, acquiesce were possible and patiently explain where it's not. Your choice of solution has nothing to do with the principle

sassygal:
Some of the advantages of living on your own, IMO, is that you get to make firm decisions on your own and learn to take care of your self properly and make yourself happy without interference. You also learn to take care of a home before getting married.
Which of these can a single person not learn to do at home with their parents? Or in other words, what is it one can learn by living alone that they couldn't possibly learn whilst living at home.

sassygal:
Does living alone, make me anyway promiscuous? No, it does not. I have become more of an introvert, living alone.
Again, no one stated promiscuity as the sole or main benefit of children living with parents until they nest.

TV
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
@crackhaus, trust me, most Nigerian homes are run like military boot camp, especially those with females of marriageable age with no immediate prospects. I have friends with stories, you can never tell unless you live within.

So while men deserve more freedom, women dont?

Like I said, I learnt to be independent quite early in life, so would probably have gotten my own place irrespective

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Really?

Please tell me something I wasn't thinking.

"I find my man-cave quite cozy and warm with an endless supply of gorgeous women and cold alcoholic beverages"
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
TV01:
I have a different view. And note from my opening post, I was sex-neutral on this, so I differ from Cracky on that point to.
Liberal?
With my favourable stance on ladies staying with their parents until most absolutely necessary not to?

Conservative says I. grin
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
TV01:
I have a different view. And note from my openeing post, I was sex-neutral on this, so I differ from Cracky on that point to.

Which would be the same even if she lived with you. The fact that a mother is unable to understand that an adult daughter who resides with her is to be permitted certain leeway is not a bad mark against the principle itself. Or will you claim this friction only manifested when you were able to live by yourself?

This also is about an individual, not about a practice per se. Plus, we have no idea of your motivations for making the decisions you did, so we can't necessarily fault you mother for her objections. So yes, molehills grin!

Again, looking for a spouse - unless you are avowedly against marriage - is something to be considered in a timely fashion if marriage and kids are a priority. A mother has a duty to higfhlight that - wherever her child lives - I lived 6hrs away from my mum and it felt like the whole tribe was on my case shocked

Again, this has nothing to do with the principle of singles being better served by being with their parents until they nest

Good, then don't fight, acquiesce were possible and patiently explain where it's not. Your choice of solution has nothing to do with the principle

Which of these can a single person not learn to do at home with their parents? Or in other words, what is it one can learn by living alone that they couldn't possibly learn whilst living at home.

Again, no one stated promiscuity as the sole or main benefit of children living with parents until they nest.

Herein lies my response

[quote author=alutacontinua post=27538479]

Sometimes, I feel like engaging you but you too dey attach emotions to your debates.
In other words, you argue like a woman.
That's why I mostly pass by when you utter statements like the above. If someone tries to discuss with you now, small time, you go turn am into competition of who fit throw subtle jabs best. angry angry

/quote]

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by TV01(m): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
sassygal:

Herein lies my response

I know I pivoted off your post, but I was actually responding to Cracky. I should have made that clear.

TV

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by Tallesty1(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
kandiikane:

I am confused with this statement. Did you not move out of your parents house to live on your own at some point?
I said "too much freedom".

And try read the comment that I quoted.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by TV01(m): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Liberal?
With my favourable stance on ladies staying with their parents until most absolutely necessary not to?

Conservative says I. grin
ATBE, it's only "absolutely necessary not to" when they get married.

TV

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by Abaniwealth(f): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
only wen she feels like to stay alone,or to live alone......besides,a woman don't suppose live alone.........d question shld on man.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
sassygal:
@crackhaus, trust me, most Nigerian homes are run like military boot camp, especially those with females of marriageable age with no immediate prospects. I have friends with stories, you can never tell unless you live within.

So while men deserve more freedom, women dont?

Like I said, I learnt to be independent quite early in life, so would probably have gotten my own place irrespective
@bold text... when you put it like that and make it about man vs. woman, my heart breaks tongue
It's besides the point and not my true stance, but I can't help it when you ladies start taking my comments out of context.

Would you date or take very seriously a young man who lives under the roof of his parents?
Okay yeah, you may date him...but I'm talking long-term.
Alternatively, I'm yet to meet a man who has a problem dating a lady who still resides under the safety and guidance of her parents'.

You say most Nigerian homes are run like military boot-camps? You may be right but I'd rather not dwell on that.
Asides your obvious exaggeration in using most, what exactly is/are the negative consequence(s) in living with parents as a young woman?

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
See them, talking from the two sides of their mouths. So an unmarried man can move out but an unmarried lady can't? So, the ability to "move out" now lies in the cork?. . . Irritants!

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:
See them, talking from the two sides of their mouths. So an unmarried man can move out but an unmarried lady can't? So, the ability to "move out" now lies in the cork?. . . Irritants!
It's for your (women) own good, this actually comes from a place of love.

Don't burst a nerve on my/our account...

4 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
TV01:

ATBE, it's only "absolutely necessary not to" when they get married.

TV
Hope you don't run your home like a military boot-camp? grin
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by TV01(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Hope you don't run your home like a military boot-camp? grin
You mean there's another (better) way shocked

TV
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

@bold text... when you put it like that and make it about man vs. woman, my heart breaks tongue
It's besides the point and not my true stance, but I can't help it when you ladies start taking my comments out of context.

Would you date or take very seriously a young man who lives under the roof of his parents?
Okay yeah, you may date him...but I'm talking long-term.
Alternatively, I'm yet to meet a man who has a problem dating a lady who still resides under the safety and guidance of her parents'.

You say most Nigerian homes are run like military boot-camps? You may be right but I'd rather not dwell on that.
Asides your obvious exaggeration in using most, what exactly is/are the negative consequence(s) in living with parents as a young woman?

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
TV01:

TV

angry undecided

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by Acidosis(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
as long as she's ready to accomodate male visitors on a daily basis; especially those who visit at night when the weather is cloudy (while the main dude is making money for marriage in another state forming trust-induced long distance relationship)

grin grin grin
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

It's for your (women) own good, this actually comes from a place of love.
Don't burst a nerve on my/our account...

Burst a nerve on your account? You must think very highly of yourself.

Abeg, kontinu your argument with people that care. kiss
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by freecocoa(f): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
Abaniwealth:
only wen she feels like to stay alone,or to live alone......besides,a woman don't suppose live alone.........d question shld on man.
What da heck kinda mentality is this bikonu?

People actually still think like this?
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by freecocoa(f): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Someone asked what the consequences of living with one's parent as a young woman are, I laugh at himgrin.

So y'all will be cool having $ex in your parents house? Yes I said $sex.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
TV01:

TV
cheesycheesy

Sassygal is there a better way? grin
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:

Burst a nerve on your account? You must think very highly of yourself.

Abeg, kontinu your argument with people that care. kiss
Hmmmm...think too highly of myself? The thought never crossed my mind.

However, you did refer to me as an 'irritant', hence my advice that you don't irritate yourself into bursting a nerve just because of a comment. kiss

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by crackhaus: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
sassygal:

undecided undecided
No answers to my questions?

1 Like

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by sassygal(f): 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
crackhaus:

No answers to my questions?

Perhaps Google will be your best bet
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by coogar: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
freecocoa:
Someone asked what the consequences of living with one's parent as a young woman are, I laugh at himgrin.

what could be wrong in having sex with you in your parents' house? at least, they know who the culprit is if you get knocked up. better for them to know you are already sexùally active than getting the shock of their lives.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by 2CatWoman: 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
Tallesty1:
Too much freedom has alot of consequences ma.

And talking about choice?

What if she made a bad one?

Please outline some of these consequences.
Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by pickabeau1: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
freecocoa:

So it was all about having sex away from your parents house?

K

undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? by freecocoa(f): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
pickabeau1:

So it was all about having sex away from your parents house?

K

undecided
Someone asked for reasons, I gave one, are you arguing $ex isn't a reason?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Daughter Caught t Us Having Sex Plz Help / Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? / Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.