Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E (1543 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Allegedly Attacked In Zaria (Photos) / Photos Of People Attacked In Rivers State Today Viewers Discretion Advised!! / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by dabrats(f): 2:25am On Oct 29, 2014
Two young schoolboys who just returned to US from Senegal were attacked by their mates who called them ebola. The stigmatization of Africans living in America has been on the rise since the outbreak of ebola.

The two brothers 11 and 13 who have endured weeks of bullying were attacked and severely beaten during school lunch by their classmates who called them ebola African advisory Council in the Bronx reported

They are American citizens, but grew up in Senegal and have only been in the U.S for about a month when the attack happened.They were rushed to the hospital following the brutal attack.

According to their father, Ousame Drame, some students, whispering the word, "Ebola," told other students not to talk to his sons, adding that they were treated like cancers.

"If they go to the gym they don't want them touching the ball - 'Oh, you have Ebola, don't play with us,'" Drame said during a press conference which was called yesterday October 27th to address the issue by the African advocacy group.
Read more on http://chynaduru..com/
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Rogers210(m): 2:37am On Oct 29, 2014
Too bad I will say. Anyways, the attackers are only a bunch of ignorant school kids. I guess there are Americans living in Senegal too, isn't it?
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Aizebioje(m): 2:52am On Oct 29, 2014
I thought Americans were enlightened. Turns out there are even more ignorant americans than Africans.

1 Like

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 29, 2014
Nothing new. The whiteman is full of hate and is never afraid to display it.
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 29, 2014
grin grin Oook na dem b d ebola gaan gaan eeyah dy don catch dem shocked shocked
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 29, 2014
white man hating d blacks since 100000000000000009decades ago............and funny enuff we av a better skin dan deas
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Ikengawo: 3:39am On Oct 29, 2014
Aizebioje:
I thought Americans were enlightened. Turns out there are even more ignorant americans than Africans.
you can't even insult americans without insulting africans even worst. Dumbasse
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by SamIkenna: 3:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Aizebioje:

lol! Says who?

One of the things that'll shock any new immigrant to the US is the number of ignorant folks. When I say ignorant, I mean healthy and well dressed ignorant people with absolutely no knowledge of their friendly neighbor, Canada, much less Senegal. Yet the country works.

4 Likes

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by 76Naira(m): 4:04am On Oct 29, 2014
SamIkenna:

lol! Says who?

One of the things that'll shock any new immigrant to the US is the number of ignorant folks. When I say ignorant, I mean healthy and well dressed ignorant people with absolutely no knowledge of their friendly neighbor, Canada, much less Senegal. Yet the country works.
While scouting for a school to enrol my kids in Michigan, a teacher saw copies of my son's transcripts as well as details of his school in Lagos. Her remark was "wow, you've got such schools in Africa".
Many I have met in US apart from the marines, know little about Anything besides US.
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by SamIkenna: 4:34am On Oct 29, 2014
76Naira:

While scouting for a school to enrol my kids in Michigan, a teacher saw copies of my son's transcripts as well as details of his school in Lagos. Her remark was "wow, you've got such schools in Africa".
Many I have met in US apart from the marines, know little about Anything besides US.

Their ignorance is to the point of foolishness. I guess it comes with the territory, and by territory I mean being on top of the world since the end of WW1. I'm hoping they'll wake up before its too late.

Its even worse in the African American community - no dream, no ambition, no self-respect, no sense of history, its just pitiful. Even Sarah Palin - she thought Africa was a country up until a few years ago.

Anyways, my hope, work, and prayer is for Africa to buckle up. We must not let this century pass us by - the West is too ignorant and condescending to be an honest co-traveler. We must do it the Chinese way - wealth through sweat and no complains.

1 Like

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 29, 2014
The situation is terrible. Its been over a month since I returned from Nigeria yet some of my colleagues still avoid me though diplomatically but my name is "Idontgiveafucck" undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by cocoduck: 5:01am On Oct 29, 2014
Ohhhh, so you want to tell me you never knew Americans are the most ignorant people on earth, they never want to know the truth,they only base their knowledge on what their government tells them on TV. they use ignorance to boast. Can you imagine that at this time and age, they still believe Africa is a country and we still live on trees.
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by TonySpike: 5:26am On Oct 29, 2014
This is the world according to those moronic ignorant Americans. Of course, Africa is a country!

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by TonySpike: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2014
I won't blame the Americans any less because even black South Africans have these views about Africans...lol

Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Aizebioje(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2014
Ikengawo:
you can't even insult americans without insulting africans even worst. Dumbasse
I started out to say something derogatory but then I realized you just aren't worth the time. I would have explained the ignorant africans part but you already made that point clear with your post so... Have a nice day pal
Re: Two Senegalese School Boys Brutally Attacked In NYC School After Being Called 'E by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 29, 2014
cocoduck:
Ohhhh, so you want to tell me you never knew Americans are the most ignorant people on earth, they never want to know the truth,they only base their knowledge on what their government tells them on TV. they use ignorance to boast. Can you imagine that at this time and age, they still believe Africa is a country and we still live on trees.
My dear, my annoyance is that even the blacks think in that direction too. I once got of a phone call at work and a black colleague asked me who I was speaking in tongues with. When I told him I just spoke with my mum, guess his next question. I was so mad that I angrily told him to go look for his root else he is just like a floating baloon on a sea. The mumu asked me "so you have phones there" Just imagine a silly charcoal skinned man like me asking such a silly question simply because his grandfather was sold to an oyibo man to polish his shoesangry

(1) (Reply)

List Of People Who Donated N100m For Pres. Jonathan's Nomination Form / AND Replies Pastor Oyedepo Over The “gate Of Hell” Statement / 123 Boko Haram, 3 Soldiers Killed In Failed Assault On Chadian Forces In Fotokol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.