Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,316 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:49 AM

When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? (5009 Views)

When She Says No / Female Teacher Got Pregnant having sex repeatedly with 3 teenage students.Photos / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Dolypson04(m): 5:19am On Oct 29, 2014
We all know ladies response whenever a guy asked them out. 99% of ladies, especially African babes would say NO first even if they had gone to praying mountains to make the guy propose to them.
I have this guy as a friend in school. In 100L, he was so close to a girl that we all found it hard to believe they were not dating.
When we were in 200L, my friend asked her out but she firmly turned down his proposal stating that it's too early for her to have a boyfriend( She was 17yrs old then). She told my friend to be patient and that there is time for everything.
At the end of every session, my friend reminds her of his proposal and the same answer she replied with- WAIT, not yet time! We advised our friend to check out other ladies but he refused telling us he is so confident of getting a positive response from the only girl his heart beats for.
The lady never dated anyone and they maintained their intimate and platonic relationship till we completed our IT in 400L. After IT, he discovered that the girl was getting closer to another guy they did IT in the same place. He demanded she gave her a final answer because he can't wait any longer. To my friend's shock, the girl said she has already said yes to the new guy. She made him know that he was the best guy she had ever met but simply can't date him because of his church( white garment church) and his state of origin( Ondo state).
To her, white garment church can terminate their courtship even a day to the wedding through prophecy and she can never even attend such a church.
In addition, Ondo people make bad inlaws, always waging war at their sons wives.
So when should a guy STOP waiting for a girl to say yes or no? Thanks.
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by banjicom(m): 5:45am On Oct 29, 2014
angry Ondo guys are d best in term of relationship & we are also very caring too. I guess d girl is just making up dis kind of excuse, just 2 Delete d guy from her life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by shikshark: 6:14am On Oct 29, 2014
unless if u are physically challenged.............the first No should do.

4 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by sseunth(m): 6:19am On Oct 29, 2014
banjicom:
angry Ondo guys are d best in term of relationship & we are also very caring too. I guess d girl is just making up dis kind of excuse, just 2 Delete d guy from her life.
for una mind.......ondo guys are nt diff frm others.....but una too like party.....
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by banjicom(m): 6:22am On Oct 29, 2014
sseunth:
for una mind.......ondo guys are nt diff frm others.....but una too like party.....
cheesy
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 29, 2014
Why wait for a second, third ...................... No?

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 29, 2014
Nawah ooo,that ur guy try sha,3years abi 4 of continuous no he wz stl waitingThat only happened to me wen I wz a teenager but mine wz just 3months,a girl actually does nt say yes,itz either a direct No or indirect Yes
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by iKillzz: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2014
Immediately the first NO is sounded, you should take a walk. A lady always chooses her man. Within 5 seconds of seeing a guy for the first time, a lady already knows if she wants him or not. If she wants him, and the guy asks her out, she says yes without much ado. But if she says no, her no is no. If she says, "let's be friends" there is a possibility, but it's not sure.

In your friend's case, the girl kept him as a last option. You cannot tell me that she didn't know he was from ondo and a white garment boy since 100 level. She knew all these, but kept looking out for a better guy, before she jumps ship. And when she found the better guy, did she not say yes to him?

The problem with most guys is their inability to understand a lady. If you do not naturally know how to read a person's intention, you're on a long thing. Why do you think that ladies most times go back to the guy they earlier said no to? A guy they told no, and he ignored her completely? That's because his value in their eyes, increased. If you pester them too much after they earlier said no, they'll count that against you as well.

Ladies are not complicated. They are interesting.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by rattlesnake(m): 7:07am On Oct 29, 2014
When he dies
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by MrTeymee(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2014
Been there ..................buh Op are u a uniben student?
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Dolypson04(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2014
MrTeymee:
Been there ..................buh Op are u a uniben student?
No. FUNAAB
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by MrTeymee(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2014
Dolypson04:

No. FUNAAB
Tell ur guy to take heart jawe sh!! Happens.. Essence Of a side chick tho
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Exjoker(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2014
The first NO is enough to make you back up cause in my believe, if a girl love you, she will never say No to you as an answer when you propose to her. Both she will try to create an accuse like she will think about it, she is not ready for a relationship ( just like the one you friend experience d) or she will say you should be friend instead etc. You may try a second or third approach if you are courageous enough. But a NO as an answer will always ring a bell to me

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by passionate88: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2014
Just once... Let your yes be yes and your no be no.. Some guys just dey mumu for girls like mumuni.
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2014
A gal can say no wen she means yes....most galz aint straightforward.

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by IfyAwazie(f): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2014
When she is married
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2014
iKillzz:
Immediately the first NO is sounded, you should take a walk. A lady always chooses her man. Within 5 seconds of seeing a guy for the first time, a lady already knows if she wants him or not. If she wants him, and the guy asks her out, she says yes without much ado. But if she says no, her no is no. If she says, "let's be friends" there is a possibility, but it's not sure.

In your friend's case, the girl kept him as a last option. You cannot tell me that she didn't know he was from ondo and a white garment boy since 100 level. She knew all these, but kept looking out for a better guy, before she jumps ship. And when she found the better guy, did she not say yes to him?

The problem with most guys is their inability to understand a lady. If you do not naturally know how to read a person's intention, you're on a long thing. Why do you think that ladies most times go back to the guy they earlier said no to? A guy they told no, and he ignored her completely? That's because his value in their eyes, increased. If you pester them too much after they earlier said no, they'll count that against you as well.

That signature reminds me of one of best Relationship advisors on Nairaland.smiley
I got to get close to a girl, we became friends for over a week and we discuss well over the phone, however when I initiated us meeting or going out on a date, she started missing my calls, ignoring my messages and pulling up flimsy excuses in order dodge the dates. I finally mustered courage and told her my feelings over the phone, she was like-what do you want me to say? I asked her to say her mind, I can't ask her to say yes to me, she is in the best position to make her own decision, she finally said No, She is not READY, let's remain FRIENDS for the main time.
Well, I saw the reply as an invitation to becoming a FRIEND FOR LIFE. I appreciated her direct and straight-forward answer. From that day onward, I never called back or texted back, she did the same. The relationship is now cold, dry, dead.
Did I make right decision by pulling away from FRIENDSHIP offer? Was there any chance she would eventually accept me for RELATIONSHIP? I doubt!!!

Nairaland, the first NO is enough. If she sees a romantic future with you and doesn't wanna risk losing you to another woman, she would never say NO to your proposal.

10 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2014
mizzkeji44:
A gal can say no wen she means yes....most galz aint straightforward.
She is not straightforward and said NO when she meant to say YES? What's the big deal in saying YES? Am I a Babalawo or black magician to read her mind and discover she meant YES, not NO?
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by tosyne2much(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2014
I think the first NO is enough to give the lady a breathing space.. However, when you keep pestering a lady and she keeps telling you NO, then you would be on a long thing because there would no be room for her to regret not until she sees you drifting away

Have you ever wondered why ladies come here creating threads on how a guy they have been fantasizing on how to date keep ignoring and refused to make further advances
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by ERCROSS(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2014
A No is a No for me,
No second attempt...
Talkless of a third attempt
Even the first attempt must be preceded by a shone of greenlight from her before I decide to proceed..
There r many fishes in the ocean jare..

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by tosyne2much(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2014
ERCROSS:

A No is a No for me,
No second attempt...
Talkless of a third attempt
Even the first attempt must be preceded by a shone if greenlight from her before I decide to proceed..
There r many fishes in the ocean jare..
may you live long

I think it's somewhat to stupidity trying trying to make yourself accepted by all means.. When a lady say NO, just maintain your self worth by drifting away and watch her come back chasing you

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Rapsainot(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2014
What if she intentionally says lets of be "just friends"
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2014
The Minute a Girl says NO.. she has rejected you.. whether she is gaming or not, it does not change that FACT, here is what you can do.. simply back-off and IGNORE her mostly.. if she greets, you . pleasantly reply with Hello, how are you. looking great today. I have to dash off now. chat later. bye bye. Never wait to have a conversation more than 1 minute, always look for something to move to. chat with other girls. you might find one you like.. FACT: GIRLS DO NOT LIKE BEING IGNORED If she is gaming, she will come around to her senses (REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2014
Vessi:

She is not straightforward and said NO when she meant to say YES? What's the big deal in saying YES? Am I a Babalawo or black magician to read her mind and discover she meant YES, not NO?
lol,sum gal dont want to look cheap by sayn yes early...xo they try to make u miserable a bit,if u stick arund ,they believe u truly luv dem and they say yes.
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by jmoore(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmmm.

I just dey learn.
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
If a lady says NO... I could chill and ask the second time.
That is haven tried to understand why she said NO in the first place.
If the second NO comes that's the end.
No need pretending we can be friends when it isn't really possible for a guy to be friends with a girl. It usually doesn't last.
So for me, it's twice. Sometimes the once sef na bye bye.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
For me personally its once. If you say NO then thats the end. Byes.
If I strike you as an interesting person then you would not say a NO outrightly.
No need to pretend saying if you love her you would keep asking... Nothing of such exist in reality. We just keep deceiving ourselves.

Two things only matters for every relationship to work.
1) The intentions we have before going into it.
2) Into the relationship, our attitude, manner, likes, committment etc can make one partner fall in "love" with us.

My personal opinion.
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
shikshark:
unless if u are physically challenged.............the first No should do.

Lolzz..Bro,d 1st NO doesn't mean u av totally lost out..sometimes,she myt not want to look cheap to say yes immediately..u jxt av to give it a little more trail b4 u quit..
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by radiant3(f): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
SuperMartins:
Lolzz..Bro,d 1st NO doesn't mean u av totally lost out..sometimes,she myt not want to look cheap to say yes immediately..u jxt av to give it a little more trail b4 u quit..

Exactly my thought!

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
mizzkeji44:

lol,sum gal dont want to look cheap by sayn yes early...xo they try to make u miserable a bit,if u stick arund ,they believe u truly luv dem and they say yes.
Nawao. When there are better girls out there why would I let a girl make me miserable just because I asked for her hand in relationship? If I have more values than her she would not even pretend to be uninterested in the first place, as she would not wanna waste or loose such a rare gem of a guy.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Liability(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
iKillzz:

wicked ex-moderator you don come back?

Tongue out!
Re: When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? by Agybabe(f): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
The third NO is enough.

Personally, I've been warned against Ondo guys. I lived there 3years plus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Effect Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes / I Need A Boyfriend / Lets Talk About IT...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.