Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ (9844 Views)

Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? / Boko Haram Attack At Mubi In Adamawa State / Nigeria's Boko Haram 'seize Banki Town Near Cameroon'-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by ninovandross(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
I pray dis isn't tru, God guide our soldiers
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
IdomaLikita:
God help the Students trapped in there!
The Military must move fast before ISIS-style executions begin to take place!
This again cast doubts on the Ceasefire negotiated!
Whatever the Military is doing, its not working!!!
The so called ceasefire aided BH
Now the are on the offensive
Students in mubi should blend with locals
Don't attempt any tng stupid.
Recapturing loss grounds wouldn't be easy
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is pathetic and disheartening to say the least
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by frankyychiji(f): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
So sad!! Couldn't continue reading. embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Boko Haram has been re-taking territory since Monday, overnight they sacked Uba, now Mubi. Alas, they show no sign of slowing down."
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
I watched AIT news around 8pm and no news about the attack by BH. What a shame!

Waiting for TVC news at 10pm.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
Oh dear Lord #Mubi is taken.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Litmus: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
We apparently don't want to buy sophisticated military equipment and aircraft.

We don't want to invest in border walls or fences to stop the terrorists from reinforcing with men and equipment.

The terrorists were on the verge of defeat but Nigeria did not complete the job because the Terrorist wanted to negotiate a ceasefire grin

Nigeria, full of intelligent people, actually listens and accepts the words of the people that live in nations that are actually the last nations on earth Nigeria should listen to, namely, CHAD, NIGER,CAMERRON and FRANCE.

When the first deadline for the release of the girls did not take place did Nigeria actually believed that the girls would be released on the second deadline?

With all of the Banana Republic wars that litter the history of Africa, where one crappy faction or another, lead by people with intelligence no greater than that of a psychotic ten-year old, invariably breaks the ceasefire, did Nigeria actually believe all that nonsense about "its not Bokoharam doing the killing it is a breakaway faction" ?

Something odd is going on. It is a pity our media isn't doing its job, we could do with real information
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by IdomaLikita: 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ibnsultan:

The so called ceasefire aided BH
Now the are on the offensive
Students in mubi should blend with locals
Don't attempt any tng stupid.
Recapturing loss grounds wouldn't be easy

I'm also hearing the Military repelled the attack!
Either way, the fall of Mubi would be a huge blow to the morale of troops!
If the FG could demand a ceasefire for 216 kidnap girls, what would she do for the tens of thousands held hostage in Bazza, Gwoza, Baga, and now Mubi? Once Boko Haram starts executing the men of mubi, the international backlash would be most embarassing even for a Govt like ours that has no shame!

Our Service Chiefs are more interested in delivering their Candidates in the 2015 elections at the expense of the country!
How can Badeh hold his head high amongst his colleagues when his own State is under BH control despite the vast Resources available to him by virtue of his office?
Kai! No shame!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
SITUATION REPORT ON MUBI, ADAMAWA- OCTOBER 29TH, 2014
Seems operation started in the morning and lasted for a few hours, with parts of the town  invaded earlier and others ‘seized’ intermittently through the day.

The last segments of resistance in the town were mopped up by mid-afternoon.

Boko Haram has imposed a ‘no exit’ policy, anyone caught leaving the town is to be executed.

Boko Haram operatives are also roaming the streets celebrating its ‘liberation’.

SITUATION REPORT ON MUBI, ADAMAWA- OCTOBER 29TH, 2014
October 29, 2014
MrAyeDee
Leave a c
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by sule5727: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
We are finish in this country mr president if u cn nt handle this situation pls jst resign? because dis is d sign of incompitency may God strengten our miltary to win this war against dis heartless dimonic set of people who dnt wnt to emprase peace may God hlp naija.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by thaoriginator: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
berem:
So which other boko haram members is FG having a dialogue with?
The PDP arm of Boko Haram probably.. Jonathan's faction..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
The town of Mubi, Adamawa has fallen.

Main police station in the town has been razed to the ground.

The prison has been ‘liberated’, inmates freed.

Sad times for Nigeria
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
Am sick and tired of this bh stories. angry ok,some religion fanatics took over "their" towns.

I will take them serious whenever they begin to move South.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
really, nigerians are crazy and many are under the spell of the evil ones. you mean in this same country, territories are taken over by terrorists for years and the people are not calling for Jonathan to be IMPEACHED? for real you nigerians are crazy

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by sule5727: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
IdomaLikita:

I'm also hearing the Military repelled the attack!
Either way, the fall of Mubi would be a huge blow to the morale of troops!
If the FG could demand a ceasefire for 216 kidnap girls, what would she do for the tens of thousands held hostage in Bazza, Gwoza, Baga, and now Mubi? Once Boko Haram starts executing the men of mubi, the international backlash would be most embarassing even for a Govt like ours that has no shame!

Our Service Chiefs are more interested in delivering their Candidates in the 2015 elections at the expense of the country!
How can Badeh hold his head high amongst his colleagues when his own State is under BH control despite the vast Resources available to him by virtue of his office?
Kai! No shame!
. A big shame to service chiefs
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Where is this Mubi sef? undecided
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by NafeesaAA(f): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nigerian Army na fu-ck up

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yesterday it was Bama; it was Gwoza; Abadam; Magumeri; Kukawa;Gamboru; today it is Mubi...BH are gaining grounds while we r being deceived.."

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
NafeesaAA:
Plz don't blame the poor soldiers
The also want to be alive
Hw abt ur cousin's

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by sweetguy10(m): 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
God !! can't Imagine the horror being perpetrated out there right now cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
You can only negotiate a ceasefire when you have mercilessly trounced your enemy...you don't beg for a ceasefire from a position of weakness"

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
NAF has been involved in ops all day, they've had success, not sure as to the number of casualties though."
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Trailblazer1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
When I saw the Saharareporters, I knew it must be bad news.
I just pity Oga Jona. All this brazen military laxity will fall yakata for him head.
I don't blame the military at all, when you see a superior weaponry unleashed against you- what is next than to run for your life. US dey block us from buying arms in the open market, SA dey seize our money, now wey dem return the money what do we do with it?
God please deliver Nigeria.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
I pity the residents of mobi who are now at the mercy of boko haram. May God protect them.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by 4Play(m): 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Yesterday it was Bama; it was Gwoza; Abadam; Magumeri; Kukawa;Gamboru; today it is Mubi...BH are gaining grounds while we r being deceived.."

I recognise as a Southerner that most Southerners do not really care about the sufferings of people up North and GEJ's nonchallance, apart from his being out of his depth, partly reflects this.

What I still don't get is why Northern politicians are almost as indifferent as the typical Southerner. People are facing the most unimaginable suffering conceivable
but there seems to be muted reactions to the crisis.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by stevecantrell: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2014

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by NafeesaAA(f): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ibnsultan:

Plz don't blame the poor soldiers
The also want to be alive
Hw abt ur cousin's

Not a word yet, but we have hope they might be holed up somewhere. My anger with the Nigeria Army has to do with how they ran away. Well, I just spoke with some of my family friends amongst the CIVILIAN JTF on the frontline. It was a disappointing story all together, Three APC & just two Hilux truck of the Boko Haram engaged and disloadged three complete Nig. Army Batallion (over 3,000 soldiers) along Uba -Hildi axis in Adamawa state yesterday. The highly motivated BHT advanced and took over the Bat HQT in Mubi today with minimal resistance from our fleeing troops.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by BlackTechnology: 10:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
vedd:

How is this a northern problem?

...I hope i'm not quoting a kid, though.

Keep deceiving yourself that it is a national problem

Other parts of Nigeria are progressing while others are busy destroying their region for a worthless reason

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Not a word yet, but we have hope they might be holed up somewhere. My anger with the Nigeria Army has to do with how they ran away. Well, I just spoke with some of my family friends amongst the CIVILIAN JTF on the frontline. It was a disappointing story all together, Three APC & just two Hilux truck of the Boko Haram engaged and disloadged three complete Nig. Army Batallion (over 3,000 soldiers) along Uba -Hildi axis in Adamawa state yesterday. The highly motivated BHT advanced and took over the Bat HQT in Mubi today with minimal resistance from our fleeing troops.
. I pray the are safe
Pal lack of will my troops to fight is big problem
Its connected to the fact that troops believe politicians in Abuja are responsible for the bandits
Lack of co-ordination is a big issue
We had our window to attack them but abuja choose the so called ceasefire today mubi is gone.
Which town will be nex
Sad times
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by cupidhero(m): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
NafeesaAA:
i blame the people in charge,You don't go from johnny boy to john rambo overnight and things like delta programming are not practiced in our military.i believe that even if you give our militry big guns they will still run away in the face of a serious threat.america does this through some dark hidden process and things like movies glorifying dieing for your fatherland and shii.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Some of these saTANists are very heartless! They forgot that Mubi is a town also populated by other ethnic groups. My friend's husband just came back from Mubi last week on an official assignment. He will be shocked that a town he left some days ago is under seige by Boko Haram.
God please protect your children!

embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: I Remain Authentic Chairman, Makarfi Is ‘counterfeit’ – Sheriff / Despite High Budget Deficit, Buhari Proposes ₦5.23 Billion To Renovate Villa / Saidu: Buhari Should Support Tinubu As Reward For South West Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.