Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,698 members, 7,959,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ (9992 Views)

Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? / Boko Haram Attack At Mubi In Adamawa State / Nigeria's Boko Haram 'seize Banki Town Near Cameroon'-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
NafeesaAA:
My Mubi under siege, still can't believe it, three of my Cousins are still unaccounted for,
Hmmmm.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by KnowAll(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
What town is left in Adamawa State un-captured other than Yola d capital.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by cupidhero(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Keep deceiving yourself that it is a national problem

Other parts of Nigeria are progressing while others are busy destroying their region for a worthless reason

it is a national problem,infact it is a big problem,the whole ish worries me more than anything,give me lamboghini aventador and i'm still worried.some of us here has never seen violence that why we come here and say crap.these are humanbeings and not robots,they have emotions like all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
berem:
Some of these saTANists are very heartless! They forgot that Mubi is a town also populated by other ethnic groups. My friend's husband just came back from Mubi last week on an official assignment. He will be shocked that a town he left some days ago is under seige by Boko Haram.
God please protect your children!

embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by BlackTechnology: 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
cupidhero:

it is a national problem,infact it is a big problem,the whole ish worries me more than anything,give me lamboghini aventador and i'm still worried.some of us here has never seen violence that why we come here and say crap.these are humanbeings and not robots,they have emotions like all of us.

I don't know the part of Nigeria you are from.

For we Igbos its not our problem

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Adminisher: 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
major466:
I think it's high time federal government forget about the cease fire agreement with the terrorists. Root them out. Kill them all!!!
Some evil elements trying hard to frustrate the negotiations for the release of the Chibok School Girls.

What Federal Government?. Cant u see your President is at wits ends. He has overpromoted his loyalists as generals and they dont have the competence. Some internationally connected ex Godfathers are blocking the re armament of the armed forces which is almost unbelievable, the defence budget has been stolen wholesale and the guy is showing himself as a weak figure head president without authority. This is what you get when you send a boy on a man's job. However as some funny people would say here GEJ till 2100.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by persius555(m): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
While FG is still at the round table waiting for a resolution on the hoax called 'ceasefire'' boko haram is using the oppourrtunity to pick its next target. Now, we know who is smarter and more decisiveI hope everyone that agreed to represent FG at the ceasefire meeting is shot in the end. No nation in the arab league will nev never negotiate with any terrorist organisation. The only language these terrorists understand is force. I hope mubi citizens will vote GEJ at the next general election, wishing them all fresh air courtesy of the presidency.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Cannonleo(m): 11:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
The counter attack has began,vivA NA go do us proud NAF aircover on the go
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:15am On Oct 30, 2014
How badeh, Olukolade and other service chiefs sleep at night is beyond me. How they conceive the lies they want us to believe is beyond me.

How BH out wit our military, considering the money spent on training is a classical example of having a way when the will is there.

Sadly, all the defense budget is in a few pocket, and those men will shamelessly demand for more money, God have mercy.

Our dear country has fallen down on its knees, I pray it stand up soon
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:23am On Oct 30, 2014
Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi Investigation Now Underway

The Nigerian Defence Headquarters has confirmed that an entire battalion of soldiers fled the town of Mubi in Adamawa State earlier today in response to an attack by “insignificant” Boko Haram militants, but that an investigation is going on to establish why.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/10/29/nigerian-army-confirms-troops-fled-mubi-investigation-now-underway
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Descartes: 12:26am On Oct 30, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Oh dear Lord #Mubi is taken.
Are you a service man?
I wonder how you still have time to post on Nairaland when the gallant troops are in mubi embarassed
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Mcbussy(m): 12:39am On Oct 30, 2014
sleekp1:

Bros na north wahala, when you people are ready for it to stop it will stop. The ragtag terrorists wouldn't have this brazen impunity if not for local support.
The war in Aghanistan couldn't be won by the USA, Britain, France, etc because of the local support they get. Even America can't defeat boko haram if it has tacit support amongst its populace. When you people are ready to stop it, let me know.

Honestly,I feel its a national crisis and not just about the north...but then,I also get ur point.the locals made BH grow this big.I bet they were even happy and rejoicing at some point when BH was targetting only Christians. angry

Now d ragtag blood suckers have turned them into internally displaced refugees...lolz grin

Nigeria will prevail.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Litmus: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2014
If it is true that the Army conceded territory cheaply then this time who can blame them? Too many soldiers lost their lives to make the gains that Nigeria made. The pilot beheaded, giving his life for his comrade and Nigerians in general, epitomized this sacrifice. Yet, Nigeria went ahead and gave Bokoharam time to rearm and bring in more equipment. Nigerians are not stupid, even if we are, the leadership of Bokoharam are brain-dead, and the leadership of these French West Africans that surround us are no better than those of nematodes! Was there any Nigeria who was fooled by Bokoharm asking for ceasefire? Wow what a brilliant strategy; give the toads a clapping hand for thinking so strategically even George S. Patton has sat up in his grave to take notice! Where in Africa have these subhumans that call themselves rebels, ever honoured any ceasefire? From Congo to Rwanda, Mali to Sudan, where Even if African fighters intend to honour any ceasefire they probably lacked the brain capacity to remember. The history of Africa is a disgraceful testament to the stupidity of Africans in this regards. Now tell me why or how in the world could Nigerian authorities – in the 21st Century – go into ceasefire agreement with these creatures and let alone not set trap for them?

In this regard, our military men and women are bound to feel no better than fodder. The only hope I have left lies in the Nigerian capacity to overcome and the fact we're winners. The Nigerian top brass are smart people we just have to wait and see.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:47am On Oct 30, 2014
It's plain silly, idiotic and the highest height of insensitivity to view this crisis from ethnic or religious prism.

We are talking about human beings being subjected to untimely deaths, close shaves with death and blood pressure inducing experiences.

If one has nothing to contribute, better f^ck off this thread biko

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by malele(m): 2:20am On Oct 30, 2014
diluminati:
really, nigerians are crazy and many are under the spell of the evil ones. you mean in this same country, territories are taken over by terrorists for years and the people are not calling for Jonathan to be IMPEACHED? for real you nigerians are crazy
how many countries don call for there president to resign because of terriost activities.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by malele(m): 2:31am On Oct 30, 2014
4Play:

I recognise as a Southerner that most Southerners do not really care about the sufferings of people up North and GEJ's nonchallance, apart from his being out of his depth, partly reflects this.

What I still don't get is why Northern politicians are almost as indifferent as the typical Southerner. People are facing the most unimaginable suffering conceivable
but there seems to be muted reactions to the crisis.
Please give me reasons why the south should care,
what havent the president done?
he delopyed soldiers there.
he granted them anmesty.
He declared state of emergency.
how many times have u seen any of the northern leaders condem these bokoharam?
Did u read mohammed jumaid and gumi comments recently?
Is it wrong for a christain to rule nigeria?
what is all these things,
if am the president i will relocate the whole christains in the north and remove the milltary froM North east.
if they like make they destroy themselves.
Heavy animals
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by malele(m): 2:34am On Oct 30, 2014
Boko haram will attack a barack and northern soldiers will purposely run away, and some animals will be calling the president culess,
if thats how una one get power, it wont work
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by malele(m): 2:44am On Oct 30, 2014
the presidency wants to pick nomination form tomorrow and boko haram is attacking mudi,
hope its not the opposition that is doing all these things
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by IGBOSON1: 3:08am On Oct 30, 2014
LegatusGlaber:
Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi Investigation Now Underway

The Nigerian Defence Headquarters has confirmed that an entire battalion of soldiers fled the town of Mubi in Adamawa State earlier today in response to an attack by “insignificant” Boko Haram militants, but that an investigation is going on to establish why.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/10/29/nigerian-army-confirms-troops-fled-mubi-investigation-now-underway

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Usain Bolt's got nothing on these guys! Running for dear life gives you an extra advantage which running for a simple gold medal can never match......it's almost like you grow wings while fleeing!! Trust me, i know what i'm talking about b'cos i once fled from bullies in primary school, and i ran like the wind! wink
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by agabusta: 3:34am On Oct 30, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I don't know the part of Nigeria you are from.

For we Igbos its not our problem

Selfish human being. Stop embarrassing the Igbos. Stop trying to make your own selfish opinion that of the majority.

I can assure u that some Igbos are also in Mubi.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LordMecuzy(m): 5:23am On Oct 30, 2014
malele:
the presidency wants to pick nomination form tomorrow and boko haram is attacking mudi,
hope its not the opposition that is doing all these things

Opposition sponsoring Chaos against d President?

Do u know the president is D Commander of all d armed forces?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 30, 2014
malele:

how many countries don call for there president to resign because of terriost activities.

crazy, you just say useless question anyhow. if you live in the dense parts of the village where you dont have access to information, it is not my fault. go look at the mexico kidnap standoff and see what their citizens demand from their president. This is just 43 people kidnapped and they demand their leader should resign if he has no success in finding them.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 30, 2014
agabusta:

Selfish human being. Stop embarrassing the Igbos. Stop trying to make your own selfish opinion that of the majority.

I can assure u that some Igbos are also in Mubi.
don't mind the idiott! Last time I checked,there are lot of Igbos in Mubi. The fool doesn't even care to know that.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by HonourablePomk: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2014
berem:
don't mind the idiott! Last time I checked,there are lot of Igbos in Mubi. The fool doesn't even care to know that.

OMG are you this jobless and stewpid that you don't respect the opinion of others or isn't they a freedom of expression anymore? You go all over Nairaland speaking like your father owns Nairaland keep to yours we have ours also

#YOURVOTESCOUNTS

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Usain Bolt's got nothing on these guys! Running for dear life gives you an extra advantage which running for a simple gold medal can never match......it's almost like you grow wings while fleeing!! Trust me, i know what i'm talking about b'cos i once fled from bullies in primary school, and i ran like the wind! wink

Overall, it's a shame brother!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2014
Another side of the story from thisday

[size=18pt]Boko Haram: Heavy Fighting in Mubi as Military Reinforcement Stalls Terrorists’ Advance[/size]

Army barracks sacked
By Senator Iroegbu in Abuja and Daji Sani in Yola

As confusion continues to reign over the status of ceasefire agreement between the federal government and the Boko Haram sect, there is a raging battle between the military and suspected members of the terrorist organisation for the control of the strategic town of Mubi, Adamawa State.

According to a military source, heavy exchange of fire was ongoing at the time of this report on Wednesday as the security forces battled to retake some of sections of the town, including the 234 Battalion Army headquarters reportedly captured earlier in the afternoon by the terrorists.

[size=16pt]It was reported that the military guarding the barracks, after some feeble resistance , fled the scene when more militants arrived in the area with heavy firepower.[/size]

Meanwhile, all efforts to get both the Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, and Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Olajide Laleye, to either confirm or comment on the matter proved abortive as text messages were not replied.

However, a senior military personnel who spoke with THISDAY has described the actions of the soldiers as a shameful act of cowardice deserving punishment.

The source disclosed that the military authorities had since sent a reinforcement to flush out the insurgents.

The source said: “This acts of indiscipline and cowardice is quite unfortunate and shameful when the troops are well equipped with improved welfare.

“Troops from other places are being deployed to confront the marauders.”

Fortunately, the source said, the reinforcement had helped to stop the terrorists advance and would ultimately reverse the losses.

Also, several residents of Uba town in Adamawa State were on Wednesday reportedly killed by Boko Haram insurgents as many other residents fled to neighbouring towns.

A security source who confirmed the attack in Uba town said after the insurgents had an encounter with the Nigerian troops in a fierce battle, they split into groups as some of them headed to Uba and some others went towards Mubi.

About noon, there was serious battle going on between the Nigerian troops and the insurgents in Mubi, and according to the source, the insurgents were fighting hard to overrun the military barracks in Mubi.

He said the development had caused a pandemonium in the affected areas: adding “Presently there are gunshots and bombardment close to the military barracks in Mubi. Mubi has now become a ghost of its former self, people in hundreds are fleeing for their lives.”

However, another source in Mubi said it was the soldiers who were shooting into the air to scare away insurgents who were believed to have sneaked into Mubi town.

A source from Uba, Ahmadu Bello, said: “We are in serious trouble, these boys (Boko Haram) have taken our towns, splitting in groups with some advancing towards Mararraban Mubi and Vintim the home town of Chief of Defense Staff, Alex Badeh, giving Nigerian troops a hot fight as soldiers retreated back to Mubi.

“As I am talking to you now, residents are scampering for their lives for fear of imminent attack and uncertainty.

“While pursuing the soldiers, the insurgents shot sporadically on innocent residents, during which five persons were instantly killed by the insurgents.

“The town is now deserted, people have all fled into nearby bushes and hilltops.We have seen soldiers in their vehicles retreating,” he said.

Another source said the Boko Haram insurgents over-ran Madagali down to Bazza. “They are having field day, even yesterday I sneaked into Michika town to evacuate my aged mother, but surprisingly only insurgents could be seenmoving around, no presence of soldiers,” the some said.

Also, a fleeing resident from Uba, who identified himself as Mallam Yakuba said the insurgents overran the area at the early hours of yesterday in their hundreds and started shooting sporadically at the residents, resulting in the death of undisclosed numbers of people.

He said he gathered that the insurgents split themselves into smaller groups, “some of them came to Uba town, while others advanced toward Mararaban Mubi , through Vintim village to Dumo, close to the Republic of Cameroun.”

Another fleeing resident from Uba, Mr. Gajere Ambrose, said several people might have been killed during the shooting spree that lasted for almost two hours in Uba.

Confirming the incident, the state governor, Bala James Ngillari, has asked the people of the state, particularly those in the affected areas to remain calm as security agents are on the top of the situation.

The governor made the disclosure through his Press Director, Mr. P P Elisha, saying that the development was unfortunate while empathising with the people affected.

He said, “His Excellency, has met with security chiefs in the state and has made frantic efforts to bring the situation under control.

“People should remain calm, security agents are on the top of situation,’’ Elisha said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-heavy-fighting-in-mubi-as-military-reinforcement-stalls-terrorists-advance/192678/
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by zlatansomto(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2014
HonourablePomk:

OMG are you this jobless and stewpid that you don't respect the opinion of others or isn't they a freedom of expression anymore? You go all over Nairaland speaking like your father owns Nairaland keep to yours we have ours also

#YOURVOTESCOUNTS
Lool, don't mind the bastard old hag!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by HonourablePomk: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2014
zlatansomto:
Lool, don't mind the bastard old hag!!

Like seriously bro i just tire for them

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by sledgehammer44: 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
What the armed forces need mostly now is our prayers and understanding those mocking military should know we have no other country to call our own. Military are trying for the unity of Nigeria. Commend them and not condemn them.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by Litmus: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
If we recover from this setback, I hope that next time,no one in authority ceases fire to conduct negotiations. There should be no compromises with any of these terrorists beyond, free the girls, return all hostages and we will consider how best you people spend time in prison or how pleasantly you die. This is not bravado, but how history should instruct us to act in our interests.

It seems as if some people truly believe that after elections in 2015 (which Nigeria should survive because we're not imbeciles incapable of conducting elections and living with the consequences for a meagre five years) we will be in a better position to give Bokoharm our undivided attention. However, i don't buy this, since we've been tackling Bokoharm for the past five years. Five years is relatively short period. We'll probably just be carrying on as we are now and thinking-oh look another election is approaching in 2020 (five years time) let's just wait until after that one. This could continue ad-infinitum.

We need to face up to the fact now that we cant scrimp on money. It wont undermine our status as largest economy in Africa if we have to spend money on all the things a mature polity should. Things such as working health system, good schools, the police,emergency services, roads, transportation,public services and finally the military. Like most people I'm not an economists but i suspect that far from adversely impacting on our status as leading economy, investing in these things will probably present their own economic opportunities and benefits for the Nations GDP and so on.

So, yeah, we need to face up to what it means to be a massive Nation in the 21st century and build up our military capacity. We cannot get away with not doing so.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by taiwoflb: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ibnsultan:

Appiontmnt of cheifs should be base on merit,gallantry and exceptional show of professionalism
Badeh is in effective looks lousy.
I still respect paul dike
Mubi is been contested by Federal troops n bandits
All we hav are choppers helpin d situation n brave troops on ground

We need tactical n survaillance air asset
To spot Bh calvary n terminate them befor the arrive there destination
Godbless NA

DOES THIS BELONG TO BOKO HARAM OR NIGERIAN ARMY? THESE DAYS, IT'S HARD TO TELL
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Seize Mubi In Adamawa, Sack Army HQ by PastorPLC: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nigerians don't know what they want. Probably, Alex Badeh don't want to deal with boko haram so as not to be labelled their sponsor when he leaves office. They did it to Ihejirika. So, when you allow boko haram to overrun cities and capture towns, you'll be seen as some one that didn't sponsor boko haram. Nigerians can be so brainwashed by those that want to kill them, and we can easily queue to support the real sponsors when they raise their allegations against innocent man that put in his life. That is Nigeria for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sambisa Forest As Tourist Centre As Nigerian Army & Borno Government Collaborate / Tinubu’s First Anniversary: Era Of Pain - Punch Editorial / Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.