Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

"House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) (27648 Views)

Buhari Meets Tambuwal On Ministerial Nominee / What Victory Means, By Tambuwal, Amaechi, Onu / GEJ Stands By His Single Term Proposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by MrMcJay(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Seun:
Was the press release written by the entire house?

See kweshun

When GEJ and his band of criminals said Tambuwal isn't the Speaker, why didn't you ask if they are in positions to elect or impeach the Speaker?

The important thing is that the authors of that statement are in positions to either elect or impeach the Speaker, a position which GEJ isn't.

Look, a fine trap is being set for GEJ and he is falling into it headlong. If you doubt it, why has Ikedioha, Tambuwal's deputy refused to take over since the PDP said Tambuwal is out?

I have said it over again, the APC won't be responsible for Jonathan's loss, it would be the APC guys still in the PDP.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by omenka(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Code213:
Good!!

GEJ is beginning to seriously irritate me.
He's been irritating me since 2011 when he absconded from a simple debate!! angry

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by wellmax(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
b2k90:
Who be d majority of the HOR? Is it not PDP?
Keep deceiving urself

Show me either in the constitution or house rules where the speaker has to come from the majority party? Being majority only means who have a say when it comes to electing house officials. Don't be deceived.

3 Likes

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Ebukaokeke5: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hon.Tambuwal,u must know this, ur people in ur constituency in Sokoto voted u in as a representative in the federal Legislation,the house members voted you in as speaker,PDP has no rite to make u resign.If the constitution can't,then the party won't.U r still the speaker of the federal house of representatives till the constitution proves otherwise.If u have the support of house members to be their speaker under APC as a party,then PDP is blurfing.stand firm in ur decision,stand firm with APC and the power of Yahweh and Nigerian constitution would vindicate u n put ur enemies to defeat.Be strong man! And hold on to what is urs.I wish u success!

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
eleko1:
sad sadStamp/Sealed.I pity d acting IG of police.PDP dey use d man do flip flop.
the guy is only protecting his work now,work scarce for Naija
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by rallymento(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
redcliff:

Lol. It always beats me anytime I see GEJ till 2019. I always ask what tangible thing can these people say this man has done for the country. Its just so evident that Nigerians can be daft always
Oga what tangible thing can we say that has been done since 1960 till now? That APC will do? Abeg no bring that leg come here! Check am well APC flag colour and PDP flag colour na the same thing oooo. They are the same group of rogues. The difference is that we know the strategy which PDP uses to steal while we are yet to know the strategy APC will use. We have studied PDP over the years and we can forecast their modulus operandi, Omo but APC na totally new Package be that oooooo. Shine ur eyes ooo. Unless you be one of them!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by tit(f): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ebukaokeke5:
Hon.Tambuwal,u must know this, ur people in ur constituency in Sokoto voted u in as a representative in the federal Legislation,the house members voted you in as speaker,PDP has no rite to make u resign.If the constitution can't,then the party won't.U r still the speaker of the federal house of representatives till the constitution proves otherwise.If u have the support of house members to be their speaker under APC as a party,then PDP is blurfing.stand firm in ur decision,stand firm with APC and the power of Yahweh and Nigerian constitution would vindicate u n put ur enemies to defeat.Be strong man! And hold on to what is urs.I wish u success!

are you Ojukwu's son?
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrMcJay:
See kweshun
The normal expectation is for APC members to stand by Tambuwal, and for PDP members not to stand by him, and there's nothing in this statement that indicates otherwise. In my opinion, the author of this release could only claim to speak for the entire house if there'd been a vote on the matter and the majority agreed with this position. As someone who defected to APC earlier this year, Honorable Ogene is biased.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by siraj1402(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
b2k90:
Who be d majority of the HOR? Is it not PDP?
Keep deceiving urself
And let their majority form two third.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by MrMcJay(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Seun:
This release purports to speak for the entire house, but it stands to reason that APC members will stand by Tanbuwal and PDP members would not stand by him, and there is nothing in this statement that indicates otherwise. In my opinion, the author of this release can only claim to speak for the entire house if there has been a vote on the matter and the majority agreed with this position: he defected to APC earlier this year.

Why hasn't the PDP caucus in the house denied Tambuwal as their speaker? Remember, in law, the burden of proof is on he who affirms and not he who denies.

6 Likes

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Loba tan, oyaa to the pig dip pig....
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Orikinla(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
There are two houses at war in Nigeria.
The overcrowded House of Folly and the scanty House of Wisdom.
The legions of fools in the House of Folly always outvote the few wise citizens in the House of Wisdom.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by abes(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
tit:

Jweed is not good for your health.
The speaker announced his defection.
He therefore gave effect to the provisions of subsection 1.

You used to be a nice guy till you started smoking jweed.
cease and desist

The law is clear, the IGP has no constitutional right to declare who occupies a seat in the HOA. For as long as there's no pronouncement from the HOA that the seat is vacant, the IGP cannot act on hearsay.

That's the law, simple, clear and precise.

shouting jweed till thy kingdom will not change the content of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by eleko1: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tru talk.He'll loot his own and leave the stage jejeli.Make dem continue to quote the useless constitution,TAMBUWAL dey KAMPE,nothing do AM
IYANGBALI:
the guy is only protecting his work now,work scarce for Naija
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Seun:

Does the entire house normally sits down to write out their press statements before now? What sort of question is this angry

4 Likes

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrMcJay:

Why hasn't the PDP caucus in the house denied Tambuwal as their speaker? Remember, in law, the burden of proof is on he who affirms and not he who denies.

This is a vital question, instead outsiders from aso rock and wadata plaza are those shouting he isn't their speaker. What's their business in house affairs?

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by redcliff: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
IYANGBALI:
na solidarity song,most of them if not all are from the south south/south east

I am definitely from the South East but I do not have love for Jonathan one bit.

4 Likes

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by IYANGBALI: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
redcliff:

I am definitely from the South East but I do not have love for Jonathan one bit.
thumbs up man

3 Likes

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by redcliff: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
rallymento:
Oga what tangible thing can we say that has been done since 1960 till now? That APC will do? Abeg no bring that leg come here! Check am well APC flag colour and PDP flag colour na the same thing oooo. They are the same group of rogues. The difference is that we know the strategy which PDP uses to steal while we are yet to know the strategy APC will use. We have studied PDP over the years and we can forecast their modulus operandi, Omo but APC na totally new Package be that oooooo. Shine ur eyes ooo. Unless you be one of them!

I am definitely not an APC member. I just think it is time to try something new.
The old way isn't working so its on us to make a change- Tupac
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." - Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by attaodagba: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
ahaika23:
grin grin grin grin grin grin :DTambuwal became just like me "an ordinary civilian" the day he decamped.

If you refer to yourself as ordinary, then I pity you
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by agitator: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:
I believe Tambuwal had done some underground work before his defection. I've always known him to be smart. He may have the support of members of the House who are even PDP members.

Which underground work, APC always interpreting the constitution upside down.

It's like saying House of Assembly can't remove a governor because they didn't vote him to be their governor.

I don't blame them, after all everything thing in Nigeria is upside down. If he has majority members of the house on his side, why did he adjourn the house till 3rd December 2014?
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by msmon(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
The speaker has completed his assignment before defection.

In other news, barely 12 year after he
sang 'Nigeria jaga jaga', Eidris
Abdulkarim said Nigeria is no more
jaga jaga.
www.nairaland.com/1974978/nigeria-
no-more-jaga-jaga-eedris

AND
President Jonathan reads while
Nigerians are asleep (Pictures)
www.nairaland.com/1975531/president-
jonathan-reads-during-bed

LASTLY

Stephen Keshi said he's yet to decide on
eagles return.
www.nairaland.com/1974973/im-yet-
decide-eagles-return
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by eleko1: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Is he a PDP Speaker or Nig as whole?I now see/understand why dey called Jona as Clueless man,
obailala:

PDP is the majority but they don't have up to 2/3rd of the seats so their majority is impotent in this matter.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by DANGOTEONE: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
GEJ TILL 2015.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by bakila: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Seun:
The entire house can only write a rejoinder to deny what the media officer of the house, said if the house thinks he is lying.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by babestella: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
I don't trust this his defection. In his statement in a welcome rally organized for him by the APC, I noticed he said "come 2015, we will join hands and sweep......................"

he never mentioned the party he wants swept away, he only demonstrated the act of sweeping by swaying his broom. I was thinking he should have just mentioned the party he intends to sweep away come 2015.

I call this POLY-TRICKS. Numerous tricks in Nigerian politics. I'm sure if he runs back to PDP, he wil be welcomed like the prodigal son. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by redcliff: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
rallymento:
Shey Sanusi been dey gree die say im must complete im tenure for office? Wetin happen later? Abeg make we forget constitution! Even the law-makers don't make use if that green book. Take it or leave it Tambuwal MUST Vacate that seat! And Jonathan MUST win 2015, The PDP (devil) we know is better than the APC (Angel) we do not know!

Kai!! Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Osakah24(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
If the tables were turned and Pdp were opposition, Will Apc rejoice with tambuwals decision? .
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Inafa15: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
There shld b a law to prohibit cross carpeting so that politicians shld stick by d party that brought them to power.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by bakila: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
agitator:

Which underground work, APC always interpreting the constitution upside down.

It's like saying House of Assembly can't remove a governor because they didn't vote him to be their governor.

I don't blame them, after all everything thing in Nigeria is upside down. If he has majority members of the house on his side, why did he adjourn the house till 3rd December 2014?
You are a big joker. If you are a member of the house of reps and you are in the pdp you will stay in the house of reps to remove Tambuwal? Big JOKE. Check the election timetable and see. By that date most members of the house have left pdp or are very angry that goodluck and pdp have left them to loss their money and the primaries, when only one nomination form was printed for the office of the president to careless about the party's position.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Alary: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
ahaika23:
grin grin grin grin grin grin :DTambuwal became just like me "an ordinary civilian" the day he decamped.
You make me to laugh in SWAHI ! "An ordinary civillian like you " you may be right that he can be an normal citizen but not like u though m Are you a formal speaker ? I mean a formal number 4 man in the country ? Ans: NO ,so Tanbuwal can never be an ordinary cititzen .He can summon a world confrence within a short possible time and all media houses will be available . But ur own ordinary citizen can not get your street attention
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by eleko1: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
sad sad sad sadThose (Haman's') JONATHANIANS and his PDP that prepared a gallow for TAMBUWAL shall fall/perish into their own destruction
hizroyalflynes:
Don't think tambuwal could make it pdp are seriously laying siege for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidential Inauguration Dinner Live On NTA / Hoodlums Attack APC Campaign Convoy In FCT, Set Nine Vehicles Ablaze / Buhari Abandons UN Climate Change Conference, Jets To London To See Doctors - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.