Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker (66415 Views)

Adams Dabotorudima Emerges The Speaker Of Rivers State House Of Assembly [PICS] / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

Stop advertising ignorance.

Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in the Second Republic was the Speaker using a minority party.

Because his party was in alliance with the ruling party
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by mecusbosco(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
Nonsense!!! Arrant Nonsense,
This IGP is just taking laws into his hand,,has the house impeached himhas the court declared his seat vacant,,,why can't the same thing be done to Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo who recently decamped to PDP.
One of the reason I don't like this PDP's government.
GEJ was my candidate in 2011,,time to correct my mistake.
Btw,wat does the constitution quoted says,,,the second paragraph gives room to decamp bt only on the ground that there is conflict or faction in d party.
Presently in sokoto there is faction in PDP,,,so why is the IGP taking laws into his own hands?

Is mimiko the speaker of the house? How does the problem is sokoto affects the speakers position in PDP? Untill u answer these, u have no say!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by payan(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
WITH THIS MOVE, IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT GEJ IS JUST TRYING TO FIGHT THE BATTLE THAT HE HAS ALREADY LOST. EVERY RATIONAL NIGERIAN KNOWS QUITE RIGHT THAT THERE IS A FOUL PLAY IN THIS [b]MUMUH [/b]MOVE. WATCH OUT FOR WHAT IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN NOW AND LATE DECEMBER 2014, IT WILL BE SO CLEAR THAT A MAD MAN ON THE ROAD WILL EVEN KNOW THAT THE MAJOR OCCUPANT OF ASO ROCK WILL RELOCATE TO OTUOKE IN 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by austertee01(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
tallfish145:
Impunity

how do u mean talkfish?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by patimore: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
it is not the role of the executive to interpret the constitution. That is for the court of law. How the Nigerian Police suddenly turned itself to the judiciary should be a matter of concern to every patriotic Nigerian.

Secondly, Uche Ekwenife and some other Anambra legislators from APGA recently defected to the PDP and the Nigerian Police and Presidency kept quiet about it. When Mimiko decamped to the PDP, his State house of assembly members also followed suit without PDP or the Presidency challenging them.

Does it mean that the constitution only when it does not favour the PDP?

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BOAR: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

They have nothing to lose. If anything like, say, a coup takes place, they will run abroad to enjoy their loot.

and that would have effectively terminate their looting. grin grin

The way the mind of a politician work is to forever have access to the government treasury, I'm sure they wouldn't pray for anything to terminate that. cheesy
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BOAR: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Because his party was in alliance with the ruling party

I Just answered your question and not the basis.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by tuyi19: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
y
richardjemedafe1:
Tambuwal should be honourable enough to resign
his position as d speaker which he became by d
grace of being a member of PDP.only members of
d majority parties are elected speakers of their
houses.tambuwal can not bring the treachery and
mischief of APC axis of evil to d national
Assembly .if he failed to resign voluntarily, he must
resign by d force of law and constitution of d
federal republic of Nigeria. tambuwal is a
treacherous mischief laddened traitor and must be
given the traitors reception.

Long llive FRN...

#GEJ till 2019..........PDP tiLl jesus come

#Quate me and DIE miserably like IBB is d*****ying

you know you vomit rubish that is why you siad people should not quote you, i quote you now and let us see who will die miserable within 7 days, PDP did not make Tanbuwal the Speaker and the constitution did not say the speaker must be from the majority, it says it must be from among the members. so it very wrong for Jonathan and his errand boys to withdraw his security men, he should have allowed the people that made him speaker to remove him. LAWLESSNESS is another name of Jonathan, i am dissapointed in him.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by thaoriginator: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
GEJ is dicktator!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Montaque(m): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

Give me the section.
section 68(1)g.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Simple26(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
katordidi:
Mr I.G u made reference 2 a section of the constitution without quoting wat it says as regards the withdrawal of the speaker's security detail. That reeks of shadiness
why not get a copy of the constitution then.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Franzeez(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
This IGP is just taking laws into his hand,,has the house impeached himhas the court declared his seat vacant,,,why can't the same thing be done to Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo who recently decamped to PDP.
Btw,wat does the constitution quoted says,,,the second paragraph gives room to decamp bt only on the ground that there is conflict or faction in d party.
Presently in sokoto there is faction in PDP,,,so why is the IGP taking laws into his own hands?

Idiot is mimiko a law maker Or can't u read If u like him so much u can volunteer to guard him nau! Congratulations to Emeka Ihediora (speaker house of reps)
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Omimah: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
Montaque:
section 68(1)g.
Could you explain how he lost his seat, using that section?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Omimah: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

and that would have effectively terminate their looting. grin grin

The way the mind of a politician work is to forever have access to the government treasury, I'm sure they wouldn't pray for anything to terminate that. cheesy
If this administration is terminated this minute, our politicians have enough to sustain them even outside the country. Poor dey seek asylum? Who go giv am money to buy flight ticket?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:

Is Sokoto a state in Nigeria or is Nigeria a state in Sokoto?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Montaque(m): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

Could you explain how he lost his seat, using that section?
please read through this thread from the beginning,compare it with the section and the facts on ground,I know you will get the meaning of that section and how it applies. Shalom
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by aviazuva: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Can a minority member be the House of Rapes Speaker
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by PEREP: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
patimore:
it is not the role of the executive to interpret the constitution. That is for the court of law. How the Nigerian Police suddenly turned itself to the judiciary should be a matter of concern to every patriotic Nigerian.

Secondly, Uche Ekwenife and some other Anambra legislators from APGA recently defected to the PDP and the Nigerian Police and Presidency kept quiet about it. When Mimiko decamped to the PDP, his State house of assembly members also followed suit without PDP or the Presidency challenging them.

Does it mean that the constitution only when it does not favour the PDP?

Do those Reps have guaranteed security detail by constitution? They have one Police on recognition basis and Tambuwal will still have access to that but not the type of security details he enjoyed.

Like I advised earlier, the APC should go to court to challenge this on behalf of Tambuwal.

He got that Job because he belongs first to the Majority party. If not, Gbajabiamila would have contested and friends of Tambuwal would have voted for him.

'16 must not preside over 19' because many of us argued that during the NGF issue
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by akajos4real: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
This country is a total shame and disgrace to the black race.
So it is now the police that interprets the Nigerian Constitution and implements it because there are no longer courts.
We are doomed as a people because we have so many people benefitting from doing nothing.
Ojukwu should be immediately dismissed from the force and tried for treason if it is true that he made those comments.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
akajos4real:
This country is a total shame and disgrace to the black race.
So it is now the police that interprets the Nigerian Constitution and implements it because there are no longer courts.
We are doomed as a people because we have so many people benefitting from doing nothing.
Ojukwu should be immediately dismissed from the force and tried for treason if it is true that he made those comments.

what will happen to the impostor Tambuwal?if only you could read you wuld have realised he was reading an instructon from the IGP who is only enforcing section 68 of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Dee60: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Shame.

Shameless pocketicians!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by akinsadeez(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
PEREP:

Do those Reps have guaranteed security detail by constitution? They have one Police on recognition basis and Tambuwal will still have access to that but not the type of security details he enjoyed.

Like I advised earlier, the APC should go to court to challenge this on behalf of Tambuwal.

He got that Job because he belongs first to the Majority party. If not, Gbajabiamila would have contested and friends of Tambuwal would have voted for him.

'16 must not preside over 19' because many of us argued that during the NGF issue

The issue of 16 over 19 is clearly different. If the rules clearly says voting is by simple majority then 16 over 19 is clearly an illegality. In this case, the house rules does not specify that the speaker must come from the party with a majority. Therefore Tambuwal remaining the speaker will not be an illegality since he was validly elected speaker by majority of the house members.
Saying that he got the speaker seat by being a member of the majority party is mere conjecture(even though I agree with you) because there is no rule stopping any member of the minority parties in the house from contesting.

As for the issue of withdrawal of security detail, that is GEJ's normal act when he is displeased with a politician. Remember when he first had his issues with Amaechi, he also withdrew Amaechi's security detail prompting Amaechi's people to release a statement that Jonathan should be held responsible if anything untoward happened to Ameachi during that period.
The IGP is not a court of law and as far as I know, Tambuwal's seat has not been officially declared vacant. Withdrawing his security detail ostensibly on the orders of jonathan is just a crazy thing to do. It further puts paid to the lies being peddled by those who call Good luck Jonathan the most law abiding president we have ever had.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Anwasia(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ok.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Olaolufred(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
PEREP:

[size=14pt] Instead of letting this nation into anarchy, Our president should use law and not this type of crude way.
251 lawmakers voted tambuwal into speaker's position.only 240 is required to vote him out.
I think this is the legal thing to do.
If we do not handle this situation well,
jonah will be the one to effect US prophecy of our eventual break.
however it will happen after so much soul had been wasted.[/size]
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt] Instead of letting this nation into anarchy, Our president should use law and not this type of crude way.
251 lawmakers voted tambuwal into speaker's position.only 240 is required to vote him out.
I think this is the legal thing to do.
If we are do not handle this situation well,
jonah will be the one to effect US prophecy of our eventual break.
however it will happen after so much soul had been wasted.[/size]

WHY DONT YOU WAIT FOR THE COURT TO DECIDE THAT 240 VOTES ARE REQUIRED TO REMOVE HIM.YOU SEE THE HYPOCRISY OF THE APC !!!,YOU INTERPRET THE LAW WHEN IT SUITS YOU AND PUSH IT TO THE COURTS WHEN IS AGAINST YOU. THE LAW IS CLEAR ,TAMBUWAL IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE HOR

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by fairheven: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
iGeneral:
This is what happens when you have an acting Inspector General of police. He is loyal to the ruling party rather than the nation.
Even if he is not acting,have u seen any IG that is not loyal to the leadership in power,you saw how the same Mbu terrorised Gov.amechi and recently supporting Fayose against Fayemi,the issue is that we have leaders that are bigger than institutions of law.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by dust144(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
He is number 4 citizen of these country and yet his security, why was Amechi, Alamukura, etc security not remove?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by maestroferddi: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
katordidi:
are u serious? How consistent has the I.G been in seeing to it that this law is abided by in the house of reps? U would agree with me that this assembly has witnessed more cross carpeting than any other in the history of nigeria without anyone loosing his/her sit. The I.G has succeeded in casting a could over his person so early with this ridiculous move
Most Nigerians are painfully ignorant of court/legal processes.

The court is not a factory that manufactures cases but only adjudicates on matters brought before it.

Let me illustrate: assuming you saw the mob hitting a person under the very eyes of the police or other law enforcement agents who apparently did nothing to stop the attack.
Do you now dish out your own blows just because others did same and went scot-free?

Let's assume thaat the victim recognised you and took you to court, would it be a defence for you that others did same and were not punished?

The court will convict you on the merit of the fact that you committed a/an offence/ malfeasance and would care less that your victim did not indict or chose to ignore others who committed the same offence like you.

Whether every lawmaker in Nigeria has defected to another party will not be the court's business if the injured party/parties did not seek redress in the court. The court only considers cases presented before it so the allusion that others have been doing same but apparently escaped censure is not only naïve but lame.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by keleto(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Exactly, the SPEAKER deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. THe SPEAKER, THE MORRAFACKN SPEAKER.
Answer this - Is he still the SPEAKER? Simply answer = NO.
The speaker CANNOT be a memeber of the MINORITY PARTY. This is how it is done all over the world. Nigeria is not an exception. The position of speaker of the house is assigned to a member of the majority ruling party in the house. CASE CLOSED.

SORRY I THOUGHT YOU KNOWS THE AMERICAN LIGISLATIVE SYSTEM.
THE REPUBLICAN HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER IN THE PARLIAMENT, BUT THE SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT IS FROM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Akop: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
You mentioned Mimiko, what about Rotimi and his cohort.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by jojomario(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
prezidooo:
This is not the first time Law makers are crosss capeting and noting happend, so the reason why it is happening now is cos the acting IG is A PDP member.
true talk
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by pacesetter939: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Beehshorp:
You want to eat ur cake and have it abi Mr tambuwal.. See let me tell u defecting from the PDP to APC is like taking 5 steps backwards ask amaechi d moment he defected he became el rufai's driver... A word is enough for the wise

PS: APC e-rats/rodents quote me make thunder fire una

I understand the various contending parties have requested their unemployed youths to occupy the social media and people like you have taken to depict exactly that.
What I always stand for is good leadership that would deliver Nigeria from the hands of the present babarians. The APC States, from my study are way better than their PDP counterparts and as such, I don't see sane reason of supporting a party that has become synonymous with corruption with their sponsorship of the deadly Boko Haram sect, just as Gen. Andrew Owoye AZAZI (of blessed memory) told the PDP Governors in 2011 and they (PDP) took him away but GOD's judgement awaits us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Picture Of Amaechi After Ministerial Confirmation / Asari Dokubo Carries AK47, Blasts Obidients For 'Lying About 2 Million March' / Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.