Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker (66421 Views)

Adams Dabotorudima Emerges The Speaker Of Rivers State House Of Assembly [PICS] / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by asamaigho(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
Nonsense!!! Arrant Nonsense,
This IGP is just taking laws into his hand,,has the house impeached himhas the court declared his seat vacant,,,why can't the same thing be done to Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo who recently decamped to PDP.
One of the reason I don't like this PDP's government.
GEJ was my candidate in 2011,,time to correct my mistake.
Btw,wat does the constitution quoted says,,,the second paragraph gives room to decamp bt only on the ground that there is conflict or faction in d party.
Presently in sokoto there is faction in PDP,,,so why is the IGP taking laws into his own hands?

sharrrrrap go read constitutional provision,wit regards to executives and stop dis unneccessary ranting.....ignorance is a disgrace.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by christopher123(m): 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:
The Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Ojukwu, in a statement on Thursday in Abuja, hinged the withdrawal of Tambuwal’s security aides on Section 68(1)(g) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.

Statement reads, “In view of the recent defection by the Right Hon. Aminu Waziri Tanbuwal, CFR, the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, from the People Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress and having regard to the clear provision of section 68(1)(g) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, the Nigeria Police Force, has redeployed its personnel attached to his office.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/tambuwals-security-details-withdrawn/

(The reason is because) Aminu Tambuwal is no longer the speaker of the federal house of reps as per section 68 of the 1999 constitution. All hail the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. Anyone dissatisfied with this can go to court. Congratulations to Emeka Ihedioha, the new speaker of the house of reps

That is impressive

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by elohorayodele: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
how can someone from the minority remain a speaker when he was chosen as a speaker when he was in the majority. Abi is 17 now greater than 19? Goodbye tambuwal

5 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by podosci(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
abdulwastecx:

From which spare part selling market do your come from

The level of intellectual stupidity exhibited in this forum shows why Nigeria will never developed...simply because majority of her citizens are retards.

Do you enforce a law that has not been passed by the judiciary?

Have your ever heard it anywhere in the world that Inspector general of police directly or indirectly removed the speaker of the house of aseembly from his position.

The stupidity of GEJ is seriously been stretched to the limit all in the name of politics
The political elites of this country don't mind the country burning down, so long has they are on top of the ashes
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Datsme: 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Tambuwal should be honourable enough to resign
his position as d speaker which he became by d
grace of being a member of PDP.only members of
d majority parties are elected speakers of their
houses.tambuwal can not bring the treachery and
mischief of APC axis of evil to d national
Assembly .if he failed to resign voluntarily, he must
resign by d force of law and constitution of d
federal republic of Nigeria. tambuwal is a
treacherous mischief laddened traitor and must be
given the traitors reception.

Long llive FRN...

#GEJ till 2019..........PDP tiLl jesus come

#Quate me and DIE miserably like IBB is d*****ying
Ignorance in action
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Elan83(m): 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:
The function of the Police is not to interpret the provisions of the Constitution, that is the exclusive preserve of the Judiciary.
That said the section which the Forces Public Relations officer quoted has to do with Tambuwal's eligibility as a legislator which is a matter currently before the courts.

In the eyes of the law Tambuwal is the substantive speaker of the house until he has been removed in accordance with the provisions of the CFR as amended.

However if PDP is confident that they control the votes of the house, let the Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha reconvene the house; (3/4) members need to sign the notice of extra - ordinary meeting and 2/3 majority is needed to form a qurom. And formally commence impeachment proceedings against the Speaker.

PDP knows it can't muster the needed votes so they have resorted to self help which is equivalent to Jungle justice.
can i marry ur brain?

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Elan83(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

They did not interpret the law, they Just ENFORCE it which is their primary duty...you are a LEANER....Politics is not for babies cool cool
hu gev dem d odacity 2 dat reckless interpretation u clld enforcement
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by naijatruth: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
katordidi:
Mr I.G u made reference 2 a section of the constitution without quoting wat it says as regards the withdrawal of the speaker's security detail. That reeks of shadiness
. Is better u read the constitution than to publish your ignorance here
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
APC are demonstrating they can not be trusted with power!

A party that can not enforce discipline and respect for the rule law is definitely not a progressive party and they can not be trusted with power!

APC should do the responsible thing and encourage Tambuwal to resign.

It's only a matter of weeks before the next election. They should not be looking for loopholes in the constitution. They should do the needful and ask Tambuwal to resign!

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by hansad: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
APC is a party weaved around two aged people - Tinubu and Buhari, with their main support base from extremists in Northwest and Southwest of Nigeria. PDP is the known devil, a party nationally spread with radical and savvy politicians and huge number of followers. APC cannot dislodge PDP from Aso Rock 2015. Tambuwal wants to be governor in his state. He does not require government security outfit paid for by tax payers for his campaign.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by SEMO007(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Mr tambuwal sh0uld jxt h0nourably resign.. i tink GEJ nd PDP are jxt taking it easy with him... ask ameachi wattsup

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Olaolufred(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

WHY DONT YOU WAIT FOR THE COURT TO DECIDE THAT 240 VOTES ARE REQUIRED TO REMOVE HIM.YOU SEE THE HYPOCRISY OF THE APC !!!,YOU INTERPRET THE LAW WHEN IT SUITS YOU AND PUSH IT TO THE COURTS WHEN IS AGAINST YOU. THE LAW IS CLEAR ,TAMBUWAL IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE HOR

BUT JUDGEMENT HAD BEEN GIVEN OUSIDE COURT ALREADY. AND THE JUDGEMENT IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED. ISN'T IT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ALL ABOUT?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
patimore:
it is not the role of the executive to interpret the constitution. That is for the court of law. How the Nigerian Police suddenly turned itself to the judiciary should be a matter of concern to every patriotic Nigerian.

Secondly, Uche Ekwenife and some other Anambra legislators from APGA recently defected to the PDP and the Nigerian Police and Presidency kept quiet about it. When Mimiko decamped to the PDP, his State house of assembly members also followed suit without PDP or the Presidency challenging them.

Does it mean that the constitution only when it does not favour the PDP?

The police is part of the judiciary! They are not part of the executive!

The police implements or enforces the law as-is. They do not have to seek permission from the court before they implement every aspect of the constitution except it is explicitly stated that a court order is required or the matter in question is the subject of ongoing litigation!

Previous defectors got away with it because their previous parties let them get away with it. It is not PDP's fault if other parties are being passive!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Htown64(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Elan83:
can i marry ur brain?
Hahaha
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by payan(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
hansad:
APC is a party weaved around two aged people - Tinubu and Buhari, with their main support base from extremists in Northwest and Southwest of Nigeria. PDP is the known devil, a party nationally spread with radical and savvy politicians and huge number of followers. APC cannot dislodge PDP from Aso Rock 2015. Tambuwal wants to be governor in his state. He does not require government security outfit paid for by tax payers for his campaign.

WHILE PDP IS A PARTY WEAVED AROUND TWO CLUELESS MUMU- GEJ and PEJ

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nazirano(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
So amazing hw nigerians forget easily, tambuwal was nt made speaker by pdp or cos dey whr majority in d house, He was made speaker because majority vote for Him, wich whr mostly Apc lawmakers, wit dat i can say Apc made tambuwal d speaker and nt pdp so i dnt see any reason why pdp want to reap wat dey didn't soar.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by creekman(m): 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
The action of the acting inspector general of police in the withdrawal of security details to the speaker of d federal house of representatives,could be summarised to mean "putting a round peg in a square hole".Pls somebody shld help in putting this police through on how a constitution work.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by flameH(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
What's really going on in this country sef? He's proud to state that they have withdrawn his security because he deflected from PDP to APC. What tha f**k
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
keleto:

SORRY I THOUGHT YOU KNOWS THE AMERICAN LIGISLATIVE SYSTEM.
THE REPUBLICAN HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER IN THE PARLIAMENT, BUT THE SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT IS FROM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

CHISOS!!!

Google John Boehner

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
mikeansy:

The police is part of the judiciary! They are not part of the executive!

The police implements or enforces the law as-is. They do not have to seek permission from the court before they implement every aspect of the constitution except it is explicitly stated that a court order is required or the matter in question is the subject of ongoing litigation!

Previous defectors got away with it because their previous parties let them get away with it. It is not PDP's fault if other parties are being passive!

Let me help you here bro.
The police has every right to enforce every section of the constitution that is very clear on matters. There is no ambiguity here so no need for court interpretation. Aminu Tambuwal is no longer a HoR member, If the former speaker is not happy, he could go to court to seek clarification.
As for Govs, section 68 (1) (g) is specifically for legislators.
And there was division in APGA when those APGA members defected to PDP.
There was the Umeh faction and the Ojukwu faction.
I think the PDP is waiting for the right time to decend on those members that defected. When's it'll be very difficult to beg, and that's why many of them are secretly planning to re - decamp by next week when Emeka Ihedioha reconvenes the house.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=Nazirano post=27590768]So amazing hw nigerians forget easily, tambuwal was nt made speaker by pdp or cos dey whr majority in d house, He was made speaker because majority vote for Him, wich whr mostly Apc lawmakers, wit dat i can say Apc made tambuwal d speaker and nt pdp so i dnt see any reason why pdp want to reap wat dey didn't soar. [/quote

take your cry to section 68 (1) (g) of our 1999 constitution
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by igbinigiejeff(m): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
It's too early for the IGP to take
side.The court has not declare his sit
vacant;
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by goodnature: 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is injustice. Why can't they remove the security details of Gov. Mimiko, etc that defected from LABOUR PARTY to PDP?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

BROS GO AND READ SECTIN 68 OF THE CONSTITUTION.I APPLIES ONLY TO LEGISLATORS AND NOT GOVERNORS
Pls I can see how you have be blindly argue a case of no substance. I notice your moniker because ppl mentioned it in their post.
1. Only the Speaker or court of competent jurisdictn can declare HoR seat vacant.
2. Sokoto PDP the Tambuwal has conflicts/division as d NWC came for reconciliatn and Tambuwal was not invited.
3. Non invitation of Tambuwal for the reconciliatn meeting is enough evidence that PDP has slideline him in the party structure.
4. Meanwhile the matter on this section of constitution is still before court for interpretatn why such hurry.
5. If u & ppl wit same line of reasoning wit u still bliv the AIG has done well, then let advocate he should declare the deputy speaker d speaker and order INEC to conduct election to replace Tambuwal.

ANYTHING THAT IS CONDEMABLE SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE CONDEMED
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by wola44: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Why was Ondo state speaker security not withdraw ? GEJ is Kindergarten president.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by abdulwastecx(m): 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
hansad:

I am a south western residing in northe central...I can tell you categorically that the most conservative myopic and ethnically bias people reside in the east. I was so amassed with the level of intolerance people in the east have for other Nigerians.

Northern problem is more of illiteracy which as resulted in myopic elites and so called religious leaders to use as a bases for political agitation. They do this by enslaving a larger percentage of the population thereby, rendering them economically incapable to a build a nice peaceful society.

south westerners are also ethnically bias in favour of some glorified yoruba nationality which I consider insane and stupid sometime. But the region has the largest number of free minded people due to better education and more religious diveraity than eastern Nigeria and northern Nigeria respectively.

I was so stunned with the level if intolerance in the east despite the perceived superiority exhibited by migrants igbos in other part of Nigeria. They want to move to house and occupy it but don't want you to close to their property.

The obvious reason why most easterner are in support of GEJ is down to ethno- religious sentimen
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by manck2: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tambuwal can not be remove as speaker because the position of speaker is not base on party.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I am a south western residing in northe central...I can tell you categorically that the most conservative myopic and ethnically bias people reside in the east. I was so amassed with the level of intolerance people in the east have for other Nigerians.

Northern problem is more of illiteracy which as resulted in myopic elites and so called religious leaders to use as a bases for political agitation. They do this by enslaving a larger percentage of the population thereby, rendering them economically incapable to a build a nice peaceful society.

south westerners are also ethnically bias in favour of some glorified yoruba nationality which I consider insane and stupid sometime. But the region has the largest number of free minded people due to better education and more religious diveraity than eastern Nigeria and northern Nigeria respectively.

I was so stunned with the level if intolerance in the east despite the perceived superiority exhibited by migrants igbos in other part of Nigeria. They want to move to house and occupy it but don't want you to close to their property.

The obvious reason why most easterner are in support of GEJ is down to ethno- religious sentimen

Yes the east are the most intolerant that is why they shed the blood of their fellow citizens most!

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by tit(f): 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tambuwal is already gone.
Stop crying over spilt milk.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Eziachi: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:
The IGP is simply abiding by the dictates of the 1999 constitution.he is enforcing the law he swore to uphold,s it is very much in order
Can any of you quote this law for me, I will like to know what this law said. Thanks
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Eziachi: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
karlmax2:
Section 68. 1 (g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored;
If this was the law, the IG was wrong, changing a party doesn't mean you will lose being a speaker, until such a time that you were legally removed by the majority of the members. There is no written law anywhere in democracy that states that an opposition member cannot not be voted by his colleagues to become the speaker, it's never exclusive to the majority party in parliament?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Eziachi: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
karlmax2:
this what the ig means

section 68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -

Then

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or
Its not his job to enforce such a law, it down to the house and it's members and the court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Picture Of Amaechi After Ministerial Confirmation / Asari Dokubo Carries AK47, Blasts Obidients For 'Lying About 2 Million March' / Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.