Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,574 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency (2782 Views)

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo / The Stupidest Things That Ruined The Jonathan Presidency / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Here is what a lot of people nay other Nigerians don't understand about Igbo whole sale support for Jonathan. The Igbo including me adore him because for the first time in the history of Nigeria, we have a president that respects us as an ethnic group. This respect has been reciprocated and any Igbo that supports Buhari has a short memory. All we have to do is look at Buhari's track record with our ethnic group, it is dismal!

Jonathan is our man till his term is up. Those who stole my future as a Nigerian of Igbo descent can never get my vote or the vote of people I have influence on. I have told my friends who are in APC to see that they use that for local support but not to vote our detractors at national level. There is nothing wrong with APC as a party except where the jihadists and the born-to-rule revanchists come in. Every Igbo understand the choice facing us as an ethnic group. The Igbo no longer want to party like it is 1966! We've been there done that.

No to Jihadists and yes to Jonathan till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by opiaoku: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
yolobars trying soo hard to be igbo since the days of zik

but it dosnt work like that

ofe mmanu ga abu ofe mmanu
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by opiaoku: 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
EdCure:

How did you come about that? Is it because you have concluded that critical thinking is very rare among the Ibos?
otu nne i oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by NnamdiN: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
mazzi:
hahahahahahahahahaha.nwanne egbugo m.
okwa o si n'obu onye igbo? cheesy
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by waternogetenemy: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
OP may God punish u for using my tribe to hate GEJ!

Bastard Ofe idio.t!
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by Ugwumba60: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
omonuan:
Here is what a lot of people nay other Nigerians don't understand about Igbo whole sale support for Jonathan. The Igbo including me adore him because for the first time in the history of Nigeria, we have a president that respects us as an ethnic group. This respect has been reciprocated and any Igbo that supports Buhari has a short memory. All we have to do is look at Buhari's track record with our ethnic group, it is dismal!

Jonathan is our man till his term is up. Those who stole my future as a Nigerian of Igbo descent can never get my vote or the vote of people I have influence on. I have told my friends who are in APC to see that they use that for local support but not to vote our detractors at national level. There is nothing wrong with APC as a party except where the jihadists and the born-to-rule revanchists come in. Every Igbo understand the choice facing us as an ethnic group. The Igbo no longer want to party like it is 1966! We've been there done that.

No to Jihadists and yes to Jonathan till 2019.
good one bro, Until I see what buhari did in Igbo land before I could vote for him, obasanjo wasted 8years without a single project in Igbo land, Jonathan came and started what others could not do (1) making AAiA international, construction of 2nd niger bridge, Ziks mausoleum construction and road reconstruction etc though some of the road are done at a snail speed, Igbo land was abandoned by successive government from 1966 till Goodluck became president and started fixing some of those infrastructures..

3 Likes

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by asandigbo(f): 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
so we still have efulefus in Igbo land
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by oduastates: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
You are probably just one of a few exceptions like pat utomi . You need to attain a certain level of enlightenment that enables you to break the primordial reflexes and clannish thoughts.
You have to be capable of seeing the larger picture to understand many things.
I will take obasanjo for instance. Obj was a bull in the China shop.For all his iniquities, many enlightened folks had hope of a brighter future. You know why? Obj's politics might have been as crude as they get but his monetary and fiscal policies were excellent. If Jonathan had maintained that level of performance,we would have been talking of a foreign reserve of 150 billion dollars today and an excess crude account of 60 billion dollars.
Nigeria' bank balance was such that the only thing GEJ had to do was build,build build;even with the distraction of boko haram.
If he can't build (which he isn't),the next person would have had an healthy position to build from.
However, what we have is not only a divided country but a broke/ broken country.
This is fundamental civic.
By the way, the SW could not care less whom anybody support or decide to vote for.
Many of us are already looking beyond Nigeria. You see the comments up there, the self centred one which sounds like " it is good for us, I don't care whether it is good for others". That is exactly what leads to Civil strife in a tribal society like Nigeria. This is because it is not going to last.
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by dunkem21(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
NnamdiN:
okwa o si n'obu onye igbo? cheesy

Hapu onye isi mgbaka. Mgbo piapu kwa isi na onu oji asi na o bu onye igbo.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by coolscott(m): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
PastorPLC:
I am an Igbo guy, and I can't even understand why majority of Jonathan's supporters are Igbos. First, the Ijaws don't like Igbos, and yet we campaign for their son strongly. Second, the way Jonathan handle the issue of boko haram when it started helped boko haram to enlarge their power base. Lets unite and kick his arse out of Aso Rock. But APC must not have it because their utterances suck. My silly head must think well this time before casting my vote.

As an Igbo guy, Check the link of my thread where I made up my mind not to insult Yorubas again. So, don't think I am not an Igbo.

https://www.nairaland.com/1457657/igbos-yorubas-why-war-yorubas#18426947

It is not about the Igbos not voting Jonathan or not. It is about them overhauling the face of their diplomacy. Diplomatically, the igbos are a mess.

It is about the Igbo completely putting an end to such misdemeanors as venturing to claim that other people's ancient territory is actually no man's land (Lagos) in a bid to sneakily claim ownership. Igbos must stop this because other people and territories observe this and form an opinion about them.

It is about Igbos repenting of calling the people in the host communities in which they stay lazy just because it appeals to them. When you do this, everyone else sees and you score a diplomatic blow against yourself.

It is about displaying socio-cultural decorum by respecting other people's culture and tradition, remembering that the igbo race never organized themselves culturally into one soci-cultural political body. Whenever you do this, people with more anciently well established socio-cultural political histories may or may not keep their reservations but they consider you the same way as they consider a flat rear ended woman criticizing other women of being flat.

In short, if it is clear to you that you are not going to grow in a society by warfare, then your diplomatic strategy must be right.
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by NnamdiN: 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
dunkem21:

Hapu onye isi mgbaka. Mgbo piapu kwa isi na onu oji asi na o bu onye igbo.
iseeeeeee cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by Balkan(m): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
Buhari was the chairman of PTF for many years no single project of PTF in Igbo land.
We forget too quickly. He hates Igbos

1 Like

Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by SOUNDKING: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
U dnt thnk b4 u say. If there is any reason 2 hate anyone,u hate on d basis your self.
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by gratiaeo(m): 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
I am Yoruba but I'll not vote for Buhari or APC
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by ibedun: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
gratiaeo:
I am Yoruba but I'll not vote for Buhari or APC

So you will vote for GEJ? Are you high?
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by Pangea: 1:37am On Oct 31, 2014
PastorPLC:
I am an Igbo guy, and I can't even understand why majority of Jonathan's supporters are Igbos. First, the Ijaws don't like Igbos, and yet we campaign for their son strongly. Second, the way Jonathan handle the issue of boko haram when it started helped boko haram to enlarge their power base. Lets unite and kick his arse out of Aso Rock. But APC must not have it because their utterances suck. My silly head must think well this time before casting my vote.

As an Igbo guy, Check the link of my thread where I made up my mind not to insult Yorubas again. So, don't think I am not an Igbo.

https://www.nairaland.com/1457657/igbos-yorubas-why-war-yorubas#18426947

Na Igbo HIVE MIND be dat o!
Re: I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency by Descartes: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
Who cares?Is gov Rasul okorocha and senator ciroma Ngige not ibos too ?
To hell with your one single vote!!
Go vote for jihadists!
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking Back At Sen Bala Mohammed’s Stewardship / Pics: Governor Okorocha Leads Eastern Delegation To Celebrate Victory With GMB / Amaechi Bows At Last…begins Final Journey Out Of Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.