Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... (8654 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
How many megawatts? What percentage of the over 20 million Lagosians will now have either their homes or offices powered by the power plant?
how many megawatts have Jonathan added to the national grid since he became president? nkapi,answer me!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
[s]
Sincere9gerian:

It seems Fashola is just playing cheap politics with Lagosians because the current electricity laws and regulations allows state governors to build power plants, embed it locally and distribute it to any target people locally without going through any national grid. This is the current situation. Fashola should stop telling wicked lies. No law stops him from building a power plant that will power ikeja for instance and distribute it using the ikeja distribution company which is now a private entity
[/s]

TANiod illiterate. This is not about generating and embedded nonsense... This is about being able to transmit to yourself what you generate without having to dump it into the worthless federally monopolized transmission lines.

Every MW generated in Nigeria have to be fed into the transmission lines since it's still a federal monopoly and the other clueless states falling for that nonsense can not transmit anything to themselves since they don't have their own transmission lines and by law they can not have any and if you know any transmitting to themselves and getting uninterrupted power supply, please tell us or STFU...

The Lagos state government built the first IPP/270MW in Nigeria when your zoo keeper president was still chasing pigs and goats down in the creeks. Where was your dumb embeded rubbish when Lagos state built that plant? It was supposed to go directly to the people of Lagos state, but your dumb and counterproductive FG sabotaged the process and sends every MW generated into the National grid. We are still paying for that power plant till this very second with zero benefit to the people of Lagos.

Bottom line, Fashola is not falling for the BS like we did before, other states are free to fall for that nonsense, but we are not. Fashola is not only targeting every MW to benefit Lagosians, he's laying his own underground cable to transmit what he generates...

You need to save your dumbTANoid rubbish for your kind...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by anonimi: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

It seems Fashola is just playing cheap politics with Lagosians because the current electricity laws and regulations allows state governors to build power plants, embed it locally and distribute it to any target people locally without going through any national grid. This is the current situation. Fashola should stop telling wicked lies. No law stops him from building a power plant that will power ikeja for instance and distribute it using the ikeja distribution company which is now a private entity

He is playing the politics of being selected as Buhari's second fiddle aka running mate hence aresa is on overdrive for the past few days or so.

Let's wish them plenty of luck.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
anonimi:

He is playing the politics of being selected as Buhari's second fiddle aka running mate hence aresa is on overdrive for the past few days or so.

Can Fashola emerge as APC vice president? That will be over Tinubu's dead body

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Ikwokrikwo: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
anonimi:

The same Aresa keeps getting pummeled each time.
Yet another thread opened to launder Fashola has failed.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by ba7man(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
Arysexy:

Shut up! What do u know about power generation and distribution? U are a novice, listen let me tutor u.

Power generated are fed into d national grid tru transmission infrastructure, that does nit mean The community where d power is generated are bypassed. TCN has 330kv/132kv and 132kv/33 kv transformers that Step down the voltage to distribution level for distribution to d host community via d distribution companies.

Ihovbor power plant in Benin has 4 units each unit generation 125mw x 4 = 500mw When running at full capacity, but guess what Max 2 units run presently due to gas constraints caused by APC vandals bent on twarting d power improvement efforts.

Let me tell u How edo benefit, 132kv line is going to okada and ukpilla from this ps, BEDC receives their 33Kv/11kv for distribution from The transmit station The rest goes to d national grid.

None of The new power stations but ihovbor , omotosho, geregu 1 and 2, afam 1 and 2 etc. Generates less than 400mw at full capacity but for d constant vandalism of gas pipeline, The,y at most run 1 or 2 units hence it look as If there is No improvement.

Give kudos to GEJ, He has tried. I am an insider So o know power is expensive and long term project.

Mambila is onboard, The largest hydro power station in Africa.

GEJ till APC cry blood.
But with this your story, light still no dey.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
tit:
Seun,
please change the title to "Fashola commissions generator"

What does a power plant do?
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
ba7man:
But with this your story, light still no dey.

The clueless clowns are too crooked and always far far detached from reality...
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
django1:

What does a power plant do?

The illiterate and his kind are obviously sad by product of their Aso Rock's uncle's lousy education system...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by ba7man(m): 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
aresa:

The clueless clowns are too crooked and always far far detached from reality...
I don't have light at home now but I'm certain if I drive out tonight, all the streetlights will be on from Ikeja to V.I.

As long as I keep experiencing this type of power failure, all what they say is blowing in the wind.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by NewNigeriaMind: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
Arysexy:

Shut up! What do u know about power generation and distribution? U are a novice, listen let me tutor u.

Power generated are fed into d national grid tru transmission infrastructure, that does nit mean The community where d power is generated are bypassed. TCN has 330kv/132kv and 132kv/33 kv transformers that Step down the voltage to distribution level for distribution to d host community via d distribution companies.

Ihovbor power plant in Benin has 4 units each unit generation 125mw x 4 = 500mw When running at full capacity, but guess what Max 2 units run presently due to gas constraints caused by APC vandals bent on twarting d power improvement efforts.

Let me tell u How edo benefit, 132kv line is going to okada and ukpilla from this ps, BEDC receives their 33Kv/11kv for distribution from The transmit station The rest goes to d national grid.

None of The new power stations but ihovbor , omotosho, geregu 1 and 2, afam 1 and 2 etc. Generates less than 400mw at full capacity but for d constant vandalism of gas pipeline, The,y at most run 1 or 2 units hence it look as If there is No improvement.

Give kudos to GEJ, He has tried. I am an insider So o know power is expensive and long term project.

Mambila is onboard, The largest hydro power station in Africa.

GEJ till APC cry blood.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA. YOUTHS TOO BLINDED BY TRIBALISM, HATE AND NEPOTISM TO THINK.

so if for instance an entity generates 100 megawatts. that megawatt is feed into the national grid but about 20 percent of what is generated is may be supplied to the local area where the power is generated.

now if you were Lagos government, considering the capital intensive nature of power generation. you will invest your tax payers money into such a venture in which whatever power you generate is feed to the national power grid controlled by a pdp led federal government. how will you explain to Lagosians that their hospitals and public institutions is in darkness despite investing their money into power generation.

secondly the system will not guarantee stable power supply. but you want us in Lagos to to put tax payers into such a project.

you and Jonathan are moronic zombies if you think we will put our money into such a venture.

go and ask your zombie president to let go of transmission.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by gratiaeo(m): 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
What I saw there is nothing but diesel generating set. Kudos to fashola anyway even if na tiger generator

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2014
aresa:

[s]Ode, was your big gate house designed to supply uninterrupted power supply to your hospitals, roads, bridges and government infrastructures and can they??

How many hospitals, roads, bridges and government infrastructures are getting uninterrupted power supply.?

Dumb illiterates...[/s]

so says the educated goat who celebrate the switching on of streetlights undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 12:31am On Oct 31, 2014
tit:
Seun,
please change the title to "Fashola commissions generator"

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Pangea: 1:11am On Oct 31, 2014
Nonybb:
Mediocre. I rather suffer under GEJ PDP's Government than rejoice under APC Government

Dumbest post of the year!

Do you really understand what you wrote up there?

If you do, then you are either mad or in need of brain transplant!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 2:47am On Oct 31, 2014
[s]
rozayx5:

so says the educated goat who celebrate the switching on of streetlights undecided undecided
[/s]

Dumb asssss, when was the last time your village pepper soup governors and unproductive leaders switched on anything, commissioned anything or even erect one single classroom? Back before independence...

Freeking low life backward stone age villagers with no sense of worth and belonging....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 2:52am On Oct 31, 2014
The Mainland Independent Power Project would serve agencies like the Lagos State Electricity Board, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Lagos State University College of Medicine, Area F Police Command, the High Court, the Office of the Chief Judge, the Code of Conduct Bureau, the State Water Corporation, the Old Secretariat complex, the State Ministry of Housing Estate and Eko Engineering Limited.

Others include street lights covering a stretch of 20 kilometres from the Old Secretariat, the Ikeja Flyover, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Agege Motor Road, Ikorodu Road, Jibowu to Maryland, Palm Avenue in Mushin and Ikeja GRA.

Eko o ni baje o...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 3:04am On Oct 31, 2014

Eko o ni baje o ..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by aresa: 3:07am On Oct 31, 2014

Noting that some politicians would soon approach the people seeking their votes, the Governor said the possibility of steady power supply would not be achievable if the political mandate is given to a set of people who could not make steady power supply possible after so many years of promising.

He advised the people not to listen to those who would use religion or ethnic affiliation as a basis for campaigning for the peoples’ votes adding that the religion of the various personnel at the helm of affairs of the Ministry of Works and Energy who midwived the IPPs in the state played no part in its success.

“In Lagos, the language anyone speaks does not matter, but what matters is the capability and the competence of the person or agency”, he said, adding that most of the supplies carried out for the projects were not handled by people of Lagos origin.

“If anyone comes to you, saying, please vote for your brother, what should be uppermost is that your so called brother may not be able to provide you with electricity and good roads but you should be more interested in voting for the person who has the capability to deliver the goods”, he stressed.

Well said...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 31, 2014
Nonybb:
Mediocre. I rather suffer under GEJ PDP's Government than rejoice under APC Government
Amen and Amen. Even your born/unborn children too, I say amen

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

[s]Dumb asssss, when was the last time your village pepper soup governors and unproductive leaders switched on anything, commissioned anything or even erect one single classroom? Back before independence...

Freeking low life backward stone age villagers with no sense of worth and belonging.... [/s]

am addicted to constant Light in Ikot Abasi and Eket, and we are above celebrating streetlights caused we are used to seeing them on undecided undecided

i can walk at night without fear of being robbed or my sister being molested like in your APsh1t Lagos

while you keeep calling your critics villagers we are silently setting up things that will take Nigeria by Surprise grin grin grin

keep living in the refuse dump called Lagos and continue deluding yourself as a civilised City) person, heck some parts stink so much i wonder if humans live there or ghosts undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 31, 2014
mrmetoo1:
Nigerians make me sad I can't lie!! These politicians are there enjoying your money!!! Ordinary PAs are building beach houses and buying houses all over the world meanwhile some ppl are coming here talking about suffering than celebrate something good.

When someone does something good pls admit it, it won't kill you. When its bad please lets all collectively say that too. Killing yourself over these guys and cursing yourself over these billionaires is stupid.

I'm not a fan of GEJ but if I see significant changes, my opinion of him will change to a more favorable one.

Gosh are people not tired of how Nigeria is or do people not even know it can be better?? I like Fashola because he's a performer no one is saying he's holy but he's giving the FG a run for their money.

The only reason I'm leaning towards the opposition is to make these guys sit up. If PDP wins, it means we're telling them we approve of how they're running the country. If APC wins and they mess up, PDP will be more than happy to swoop in win it back and make sure they never lose it again. What this means APC will try their best not to let that happen by performing.

Some ppl on this forum need to go live in a well run country for some years and see that we need serious change and if you have and still support the way the country is run, then no hope there.
God bless your brain, increase the GB and the ram size even the processor speed.
It's a pity that common sense is not common among lots of Nigerians who would rather vote along ethnic and religions line.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by ba7man(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2014
rozayx5:

am addicted to constant Light in Ikot Abasi and Eket, and we are above celebrating streetlights caused we are used to seeing them on undecided undecided

i can walk at night without fear of being robbed or my sister being molested like in your APsh1t Lagos

while you keeep calling your critics villagers we are silently setting up things that will take Nigeria by Surprise grin grin grin
And when we now check the reality on ground, we'll find out you're telling a lie.

To be modest, Akwa Ibom has earned between $8-12 Billion dollars since Akpabio became Governor.

Can you confidently say the development on ground in the State is worth that??

Seriously, let's be logical here.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 6:25am On Oct 31, 2014
ba7man:
And when we now check the reality on ground, we'll find out you're telling a lie.

To be modest, Akwa Ibom has earned between $8-12 Billion dollars since Akpabio became Governor.

Can you confidently say the development on ground in the State is worth that??

Seriously, let's be logical here.

the amount of infrastructure on ground is huge and everything has been built from scratch, most of the contracts come with maintainance. No state Governor is perfect including Akpabio, i believe someone can do better than him and am looking at our next Governor. i like Fashola as a person, but i dont like how he celebrates petty projects and uses it at as an avenue to throw stones at the FG, he should be above that.

the streetlight pics i took last night

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by gramci: 6:26am On Oct 31, 2014
Another scam from the stable of supporters of APC. they intelligently omitted the capacity of the "I better pass my neighbor".

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by ba7man(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2014
rozayx5:

the amount of infrastructure on ground is huge and everything has been built from scratch, most of the contracts come with maintainance. No state Governor is perfect including Akpabio, i believe someone can do better than him and am looking at our next Governor. i like Fashola as a person, but i dont like how he celebrates petty projects and uses it at as an avenue to throw stones at the FG, he should be above that.

the streetlight pics i took last night
Pls kindly answer.

Does AKS look like a State that 8-12 billion dollars has been pumped into?

Take a good look at it and meditate on this.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 6:34am On Oct 31, 2014
ba7man:
Pls kindly answer.

Does AKS look like a State that 8-12 billion dollars has been pumped into?

Take a good look at it and meditate on this.

yes

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by ba7man(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2014
rozayx5:

yes
Thank you.

I've put your reply on marble so that logical discerning minds can analyze it and come to their own conclusions.
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
u need to see the one at oke mosan in abeokuta, it was commisioned during daniel's era..

It doesn't have to be big, u knw?

I understand how ur obsolete mind thinks hydro all the time..same way u hail locomotive trains...

It will be well..ok?
This is DEEP!
Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by rozayx5(m): 6:40am On Oct 31, 2014
the next governor has a task of human capacity development , and i pray its a technocrat

a lot has been spent on infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Candyrain(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2014
CFCfan:

Fashola will be the APC candidate in 2019
Must we wait until 2019 before we can field Fashola as the Presidential candidate? We as people of Nigeria should be able to voice out and choose who we want to lead us and not whoever any political party presents to us. A Fashola presidential flagbearer will give APC a landslide victory over PDP but why have APC decided not to give him a chance? I see a victory for Jonathan in the next election but that can be changed if APC can present someone who is accepted nationwide in the person of Fashola.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Commissions Mainland Power Plant....pics... by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 31, 2014
rozayx5:

keep living in the refuse dump called Lagos and continue deluding yourself as a civilised City) person, heck some parts stink so much i wonder if humans live there or ghosts undecided
Despite all these, I still wonder why your brothers keep moving down to Lagos in droves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Results Of Imo State Governorship Election / Obi: In 24 Years, APC, PDP Couldn’t Move Power Generation From 4,000 To 5,000MW / R-A-P-E! On Tape In Aso Rock- Jonathan Covers Up The Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.