Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. (3575 Views)

APC Gusau Rally LIVE - Holding In The Tick Of The Mid-night - See Photos / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / APC Rally Live From Warri City Stadium(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
From my point of view here- this is the same mammoth crowd that turned out the other day during Gov. Amaechi's 7th year anniversary.
There is no remarkable difference between the crowd gathered today at the PDP and that of the incumbent governor's rally.
The event is aired live on AIT.

My question is- who controls Rivers state.
PDP or APC.

Like for PDP and share for APC.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by vizboy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
where pics
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by PAT4HOT(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
I was not aware dat PDP rally is ongoing till I read it here on this thread but wen Amaechi was doing his, even a JJC to d town was aware of it due to scantiness of people in the streets of Port Harcourt and Rivers State as a whole. All roads led to the rally ground.

8 Likes

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by femicyrus(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
How work today? If you have one you will not be seeing mammoth crowd when your mates are busy at work trying to be productive cheesy
Trailblazer1:
From my point of view here- this is the same mammoth crowd that turned out the other day during Gov. Amaechi's 7th year anniversary.
There is no remarkable difference between the crowd gathered today at the PDP and that of the incumbent governor's rally.

PDP or APC.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
femicyrus:
How work today? If you have one you will not be seeing mammoth crowd when your mates are busy at work trying to be productive cheesy
Oh dear! Work has been hetic today. And how productive have you been today?
I'm sure you read the part that says live on AIT.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by chinwike2(m): 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
@OP I understand your point, but crowds at rally is just a conservative way of gauaging the voting pattern on the D-day. But i still insist that PDP will win rivers state governorship. Even amaechi knows that in his heart. Oya amaechi start packing your luggage for May 30 i might chauffeur drive you straight to Ghana
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by major466(m): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wow. The mother of all rallies. smiley
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
Trailblazer1:

PDP or APC.

bros, wey pix?

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
bros, wey pix?
More details inview.
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by otokx(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
The people own Port Harcourt. Do not be deceived by that crowd? Both APC and PDP rent the same crowd. Who is Who will be known after the party primaries.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Omexonomy: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ameachi has succeded in stealing from the people to the extent that anybody by can buy/rent them for N200.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by sluvy4tune(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
chinwike2:
@OP I understand your point, but crowds at rally is just a conservative way of gauaging the voting pattern on the D-day. But i still insist that PDP will win rivers state governorship. Even amaechi knows that in his heart. Oya amaechi start packing your luggage for May 30 i might chauffeur drive you straight to Ghana

Yes pdp will win but not with Wike as its candidate

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
bros, wey pix?

in MANUFACTURING phase. saTANS jonzing since 44 A.D!
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by sluvy4tune(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
otokx:
The people own Port Harcourt. Do not be deceived by that crowd? Both APC and PDP rent the same crowd. Who is Who will be known after the party primaries.

#Gbam

Your sense over dey intact
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by kahal29: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
Trailblazer1:

PDP or APC.

That was not a Mega Rally but a protest rally against wike and his gubernatorial ambition.

www.punchng.com/news/rivers-pdp-gov-aspirants-move-against-wike/

AT least, 14 governorship aspirants in Rivers State vying on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party on Thursday, staged a rally against the aspiration of the former Minister of Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, and called for the rotation of the governorship position in the state.
The PDP governorship aspirants, who were mainly from the riverine area of the state had converged on the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, demanding that the party hierarchy in the state should change its no-zoning stance in the interest of justice.
They also called on the National Working Committee of the party to intervene in the crisis rocking the state PDP over the ‘no zoning’ stance of the state PDP.
It will be recalled that the State Chairman of the PDP had thrown the forthcoming governorship primary of the party open to all aspirants and discarding the zoning system.
But speaking at the rally organised by the Rivers State Mainstream Coalition in conjunction with the state PDP stakeholders, one of the aspirants, Chief Dumo Lulu-Briggs, explained that the issue of zoning was non-negotiable, adding that the PDP has been practising rotation of power since its creation.
Lulu-Briggs argued that if Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State would not be able to succeed President Goodluck Jonathan as President in 2019, it would be wrong for an Ikwerre person to succeed Mr. Rotimi Amaechi as the Rivers State governor.
He decried the move by the hierarchy of the state PDP to stop the rally, maintaining that one of the reasons for organising the rally was to express their support for President Jonathan.
“Since it is not possible to say that Governor (Seriake) Dickson should succeed President Goodluck Jonathan in 2019, then rotation of power should be embraced in Rivers State the way it has been embraced in Akwa Ibom. Give us Rivers State, Give us our right,” Lulu-Briggs said.
The convoy of one of the aspirants, Mr. Sunday Nwankwo, was said to have been attacked in Etche Local Government Area.
Another governorship aspirant on the platform of the PDP, Sampson Ngerebara said it was wrong for Wike to take the credit for projecting President Jonathan in the state, adding that he was also involved in the mobilisation of support for the President through the Grassroots Initiative.
According to Ngerebara, “The question they ask us in Abuja is that where were you when Nyesom Wike was fighting for Jonathan. But I was part of the GDI and it was wrong to say Wike alone fought for Goodluck Jonathan. The cardinal point of GDI was to mobilise support for GEJ and we were all involved in this. But today, one man (Wike) wants to take all alone.
“Today, one person is talking about Ikwerre North and Ikwerre South, but we will not allow that to be part of our political lexicon. It takes a good follower to be a good leader. We understand the meaning of politics and let nobody take us for a ride.”
In his remark, the leader of Rivers Mainstream Coalition, Professor Israel Owate and a Niger Delta leader, Ann Kio-Briggs stated that the rotation of the governorship position in the state was imperative, adding that it would be impossible for an Ikwerre person to succeed another Ikwerre man.
Among other aspirant that spoke at the rally are Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack, Bernard Mikko, Denis Ojuka and Gabriel Pidomson.
Reacting, the Secretary-general of the GDI, Mr. Samuel Nwanosike, explained that Wike was not worried about the move against him, adding that the PDP will support any aspirant that emerges the governorship candidate.
“It shows clearly what we have been saying in time past that these are people sponsored by Governor Rotimi Amaechi. You can see that all their aspersions were not against Amaechi, but against the PDP.
“You can imagine about 27 persons coming to discuss one man (Wike). Nevertheless, the issue of what happened in Akwa Ibom and the situation in Rivers State are different. The PDP in Rivers State is the opposition and we must present the best candidate and the party has said that we must discard zoning to achieve this.
“Wike is not worried by the move against him. I don’t see why it is a problem to them. For us, we are saying that we want everybody to come to the field and if the delegate support you, that is okay. You can see that the stadium was an empty stadium, we don’t have anything to worry about,” Nwanosike said.
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by divaoflife: 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
The 'mammoth crowd' is not a true judge of who is in control.
We all know that politicians would always rent a crowd to create an impression that they hold the ace.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
@kahal29 thanks for the details.
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by raumdeuter: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
OP where you see mammoth crowd?

kahal29:

You can see that the stadium was an empty stadium, we don’t have anything to worry about,” Nwanosike said.
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by omenka(m): 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omexonomy:
Ameachi has succeded in stealing from the people to the extent that anybody by can buy/rent them for N200.
So Ameachi stole so much it affected saTAN rally in Kano and made the organisers give saTAN ambassadors N300 each instead of an agreed paltry N500!! It was Amaechi's stealing that resulted in the non-payment of the allowee of saTAN ambassadors after the shambolic Abuja rally!!

Amaechi must be real powerful!!! gringrin
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by mazzi: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
There is no point argueing the fact that 96% of rivers state people are syperthetic to pdp,but pdp should persuade wike to drop his governorship ambition for equity and fairness to prevail in the state
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
mazzi:
There is no point argueing the fact that 96% of rivers state people are syperthetic to pdp,but pdp should persuade wike to drop his governorship ambition for equity and fairness to prevail in the state
With the crowds I saw at Amaechi's 7th anniversary, I doubt your statistics of 96%
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by size38: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
For ever creating problem between GEJ and Amaechi, Nyesom Wike will never see peace in Rivers state even if he becomes the next governor which I seriously doubt. His own problem has just started. Whatever a man sow, that what he/she will reap in 100 folds. Now na morning for Nyesom Wike. Him eyes go soon clear.
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by kasiem(m): 12:55am On Oct 31, 2014
Trailblazer1:

PDP or APC.

the crowd that converged for apc are those from lagos, osun, kano, imo etc while that of pdp are just the people of rivers alone. Just wait for the day gej will land to see real crowd.....i pray to GOD to avert stampede

1 Like

Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2014
kasiem:
the crowd that converged for apc are those from lagos, osun, kano, imo etc while that of pdp are just the people of rivers alone. Just wait for the day gej will land to see real crowd.....i pray to GOD to avert stampede
what a revelation!
i also learnt that some of the overwhelming crowd seen st both events where rented.
it was alleged that tan paid - #500
while amaechi paid - #5000
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Splashme: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
Ameachi must be poopooing in his pants
Wike organized that rally without Rivers Oil money.

It also took place on a week day not weekend
Unlike Ameachi, he didn't spend 5b naira but people willingly turned out
Re: Pdp Mega Rally Live On Ait. Who Controls Port-harcourt? Pdp Or Apc. by Trailblazer1(m): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2014
size38:
For ever creating problem between GEJ and Amaechi, Nyesom Wike will never see peace in Rivers state even if he becomes the next governor which I seriously doubt. His own problem has just started. Whatever a man sow, that what he/she will reap in 100 folds. Now na morning for Nyesom Wike. Him eyes go soon clear.

I really don't understand Wike's role in the whole saga bedeviling Rivers state politics.
It seems to be an internal problem within the pdp family.

But the greater threat to pdp is Amaechi.

(1) (Reply)

Mr President And His Vice Versus Mr (wanna-be) President And His Clown / Power Generation: Government Should Stop Constructing Gas Fired Power Plants / Kano: Strange Pillars Along State Road __ Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.