Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Oh My Beloved Country Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh My Beloved Country Nigeria (447 Views)

55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria / Pre-Independence Day: Nigeria My Beloved Country... / Walking My Talk: A Cry For My Beloved Country – Patrick Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh My Beloved Country Nigeria by Philtrik(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
Now statistically speaking, our belove nation Nigeria has a population of about and around 150million people. Also statistically speaking, we shamefully have just 39,000 medical doctors in our belove country. What a shame right? Now, if you're good in maths or probably you attended a private primary school like I did, you will know that our belove Nigeria has a doctor-to-patient ratio of one doctor to 6,400 patients. Despite the fact that one doctor cannot possibly handle 6,400 patients, yet they (government) said that, we are sending 250 doctors to the Ebola - ravaged countries to help them fight the virus. Meaning, We shall be short of 250 doctors out of the pitiable 39,000 Now, our government leaves us in the hands of nurses and matrons, nurses that are harsh, lazy, un-nice and ignorant of the occupation called nurse. Matrons, those fat, big-behind elderly women who does nothing but insult junior nurses and patients, especially pregnant women.
Now that's why my lovely sister (Janet) died pregnant in a hospital. Now that's why my little innocent niece (Ruth) died at a tender age in a hospital. Now that's why those loved ones of yours died in our hospitals Now that's why when a family member falls sick, we have sleepless nights and fears for the worse.
But, After the night comes morning After the tunnel comes the light. It shall be well Someday, we shall have a better naija, I'm optimistic cos I know who I serve. (My write up but datas are from google)

Source: http://tips.naij.com/oh-my-beloved-country-nigeria.html
Re: Oh My Beloved Country Nigeria by delishpot: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sorry bro. My neice died from stupid negligent doctors at UPTH. She fell from a bed she was 8 months old. The doctors did nothing to save her except ask for money for this and money for that. I lost my mom to negligent nurses too. She was reacting to a med injected into her. But the nurses felt that her swollen face, stomach and arms are just slight reaction. Inshort they saw no reason to move their lazy butts until she started gasping for air. Then she died. Right there she died. In UPTH. It still brings tears to my eyes. She loved life. She fought to live. She would do anything to keep anyone alive yet they did nothing to keep her alive. What can one do. I almost died of shock when I got that call. Lesson learnt, if you feel the hospital isnt doing enough, move your loved ones to anothet hospital fast.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Banned from Work In The UK after Visiting Nigeria / Situation Reports Of PVC Distributions/ Registrations In Your Area/ State! / Solid Minerals Producing States To Enjoy 13% Derivation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.