Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife (1344 Views)

A Nairalander And His Late Mother (photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by Mettal: 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Get prepared to break out the tissues.

I experienced painful death of my sister,i know exactly how this man feels,. nothing like the memories,
cherish them!!!

The man was sitting alone at a booth, walker by his side, pleasantly enjoying a burger with a laminated photo propped up on the table with him. The photo was of his late wife, who despite passing away five years ago, still remains the love of his life.

“With everyone who approached he was happy and excited to talk about her,” Bashizaduah explained. “We found out that she was his sweetheart, his wife who passed away five years ago.”

The two love birds apparently met when the elderly man was only 17 years old, “but the war had kept them apart.”

“He had searched for her for 10 years and one day as he was telling his barber the story, and the barber calls his daughter in and it ends up being her,” Bashizaduah added of the gentleman’s touching story. “They were married instantly and it lasted for 55 years until she passed. He takes her photo everywhere.”

On one side of the laminated photo is a picture of the adorable couple sitting on a couch together, Bashizaduah recalled, and on the other side was a picture of them side-by-side when they were young.

She was so overwhelmed with the man’s kind gesture -- still eating with his wife after all these years -- that she tweeted a photo to capture the emotional moment.

The poignant photo immediately went viral with nearly 13,000 favorites and more than 8,000 retweets.
https://gma.yahoo.com/sweet-way-widower-keeps-dining-wife-193745005--abc-news-sex.html.

Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by mokane28: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2014
CHAi! ALiLi! i have not and won't lose a loved one till i die of old age but i know it's the most painful experience in the world.
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by Galaxydon1(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2014
mokane28:
CHAi! ALiLi! i have not and won't lose a loved one till i die of old age but i know it's the most painful experience in the world.
it hurts soooo much, i still miss my late sister
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by aboyaji(m): 8:08am On Oct 31, 2014
A touching story
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by Mettal: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2014
“He had searched for her for 10 years and one day as he was telling his barber the story, and the barber calls his daughter in and it ends up being her,” . What a fortuitous encounter!!!
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by mokane28: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2014
eiyaa so sorry bro how old was she and how did she die?
Galaxydon1:
it hurts soooo much, i still miss my late sister
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by Galaxydon1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
mokane28:
eiyaa so sorry bro how old was she and how did she die?
she was pregnant, she died of high blood pressure
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by Mettal: 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Galaxydon1:
same with mine,pregnant too,. Left slightly a week ago,.Its unbearable.
Re: The Sweet Way This Widower Keeps Dining Out With His Late Wife by mokane28: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
eiyaa so sorry
Galaxydon1:

(1) (Reply)

2 Kids Burnt Alive In Jos As Mother Goes After Cheating Lover At Midnight / Stress Management / Hit Or Miss: Checkout The Cake She Made For Someone's Daugther's Birthday.'s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.