Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70732 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
sunnyshayne:

If you see me in real life, liver will fail you to say a word.

What is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
pro01:

Mr. Man, do you know what contradiction means? Your meaningless one-liner does not indicate wit, as you might delude yourself into believing. What exactly is your point,?

If you can't see the contradictions in your two comments I bold thereof...then sorry...
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Shugakay(f): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
deletrue:
Go and register in the nearest hospital before it becomes too late. Your disappointment will be severe and will cause you being hospitalised, since GEJ will remain there till 2019.
if am not mistaken, you are a core member of the so called 'winning party' PDP. But mind you I don't support any political party, I speak from a neutral sphere and pray daily for good Governance and a better NIGERIA and Government. No need for the advice, I have learnt to expect anything from anyone at anytime so I wouldn't be disapoointed. Whoever wins should rule after all life itself has never been fair

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by BabaO2: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
manutdadex:
wtf is dis man Well its not ur fault jst thank ur star dat we re in a civilian dispensation. Una go jst dey abuse Gej as una like forgetting he is ur head. God bless Nigeria. God bless Gej and God bless whoeva bcomes our next presido!!!
whose head? Your head, right?. Worst military is far better than incompetent drunkard gej. jonathan can only earn respect from you and your likes. Can't PDP present informed and competent candidates like Donald Duke or Ben Bruce at least they are from SS, instead of this dirty and incompetent jonathan?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by okoro115: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
I'm not a fan of Goodluck and was nt in d past however, if Goodluck is hated because his administratn is bad or maybe worse then d hatred is justified,but if on d other hand d hatred is becos he is 4rm a minority or he is a xtian then we have not done well.....moreso, lets knw dat Ngr is still in d search 4 a good leader......GOD BLESS NAIJA
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by akigbemaru: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
PHD NA PORT HARCOURT DEGREE BE THAT!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dmozart: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
tolustx:
Who is d professor sef. Who knws him if not jst students he lectures. And I guess most of dem must be laughing and mocking him for his folly. He does not deserve any honour / respect because he has shown no form of respect or honour for d office of d president. If not for constraints of the constitution, ds guy shud ve been ripped of his right to speech.
Typical saTANic attack dog !
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
EldaTimba:

Simple question, u nor fit answer. How has he failed? Name 5 key SECTOR where he hasn't PERFORM at all.
Are you blind or deaf?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by D9ty7(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
I won't talk much on this.
How on earth did you become a professor? I believe learned people don't talk like this. Even me, that I am still on my way to reach that height can't talk like that.
I can't talk ill of Buhari, talkless of Tinubu.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
EldaTimba:

Simple question, u nor fit answer. How has he failed? Name 5 key SECTOR where he hasn't PERFORM at all.
Are you deaf or blind?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.

Sir your analysis id flawed, i am sure sure Jonathan attended more classess than zoology classes throughout his educational journey. Even his PHD classes couldn't have been restricted too zoology courses alone. You should tell us what he learnt in his secodary school to undergraduate days where there are special electives apart from that of your faculty and course from other departments within your faculty. The question is what did he learn from the not less than 20 years of formal education you need to obtain a PhD. Throughout the 20 years did he not read newspapers, read encyclopedia, novels etc,. Did he write all the thesis at Bachelors, Masters and PhD level or someone wrote them for him.

For instance in my undergraduate days i took a course called Technology and society using a book written by the lecturer 'Solution to mass unemployment in Nigeria' it explains the relation between national planning for rapid economic growth through massive investment in education particularly technical training, copy-catting, knowing by doing, deliberate investment and development of technology rather than buying finished products. He also explained why our refineries, steel complexes, power plants will always fail since we have failed to make deliberate plans to understand the workings and maintain it ourselves leading to sending $$Billions for turn around maintenance.
When Jonathan made the statement that he would not train 100 Nigerians to be able to fend for themselves, but rather train 20 and spend the remaining money to provide employment i know without an advanced degree that is a path to failure

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Suntzung: 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
nikpet2:
my PDP people please don't be annoyed about what the prof said..

Sai jonathan is the best presido naija has ever had..

let hater keep hating while we keep on stalkin up $$ on our jet.. wink wink

we've set up a committee to look into what the prof said already.. grin grin

no mind my english abeg.. i no get money to go school.. cool

and boko people de pursue you up and down ..... sai gej wallai

abeg apc people no like my comment o,, or else i go make sure say we withdraw all the police including the vigilante in your area cool cool

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by chukwudy: 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omo c vex ..abeg dats our president oh...take it easy...I knw say u no fit talk to abacha like dis,na only sm1 like GEJ wey u fit trash
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by EldaTimba(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

Are you blind or deaf?
Is that the answer? Mention the "KEY" SECTORs he has failed.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by mcgaius: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
This professor is also an embarrassment to professors in nigeria n world over for opening up his gutter he calls mouth to say such a trash
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by fulfillment22: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
I bet average commentors didnt watch d video b4 commenting

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by prayNaija: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ilekokonit:
Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

This man most be out of his mind! If you even pick him as a president not even by election, be will ruin this nation in a moment. Bald head Nigeria professor
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by esoorita: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Truckpusher:
And with all his cleverness GEJ is still his President,pays him and can willingly make policies that can make him puke and die from high blood pressure.

I wonder where these paper tigers were hibernating when OBJ was running amok abusing every institution of democracy.

Thank God for GEJ's gentle spirit. grin

You really justify your moniker, you are truly a truckpusher. Who told you that Nigeria is the president's personal estate and as such he's responsible for paying his employees (Civil Servants). There are too many ignorant buffoon in Nigeria for my liking.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dmozart: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
JEITO:
Would this man have had the guts to say this in 1983,84 or 85
Are we in 1983, 84 or 85? Are we practising the same system of govt now compared to then?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dmozart: 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
kingsley247:
My president are you allowing everybody to be insulting you. Your d number 1 and commander of d arm forces. Your trying your best inspite of all dis problem tat they ar giving u since u took office from them. Pls one thing I wl like u to do for me is to teach dis man tat is insulting u on video from unilag a lesson tat he wl nt forget so tat others can accord d office of a president some respect. How can they be insulting u and ur leaving them just like tat. Do dis for me
My frnd, go sleep abeg

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by maestroferddi: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.
You need help badly!

Your train of thought/brainpower would embarrass even a kindergarten pupil.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by emmasege: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
After all is said and done, don't let the bad example of Jonathan's PhD discourage u from attaining the highest University degree (if u so desire). PhD is still a desirable degree which commands a lot of respect in the academic/research community, not only in Nigeria but outside the country. In some overseas countries, you will always see some academics decorating their names with "Prof. Dr. somebody" (which is not common in Nigeria anyway), for the obvious reason that PhD is a degree earned, while Professorship is a title bestowed.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
dridowu:
He is not an embarassment to Ph.D holders , i want to believe he got it on merit. The only issue is that being educated does not guarantee that someone can rule successfully , which i believe is GEJ problem. A government that can directly/indirectly scam about 500000 of is own citizen yet they fail to resign .

Even if PhD will not gurantee good human relations and leadership ability but at least it should gurantee coherence of thought, speech, intellect all of which is lacking in GEJ. Listen to his media chat, incoherent speech at Gowon, birthday, fidgeting while seated beside Obama and it keeps you wondering why this guy is not sure of himself, my suspicion is that there is some hanky-panky with his degrees in PH univeristy. There must be a reason why Canada rejects degrees from Port Harcourt University out of all higher institutions in Nigeria for its Highly skilled Migrant program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ochiosa(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Give the professor ministerial position and see how he will change overnight. No matter how intelligent you are you cannot lead with out aspiring so he should aspire to lead the university where he teaches before opening his dirty mouth to insult the president. This group who claim to know it all never go beyond head of department and they are always fighting their dean or VC and thy retire a beggar. There is one in my village all his books are lunched in the village square with timber and rubber merchants as his launchers' and co-launchers.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by PEREP: 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
We only need the last audit report on many Nairalanders' department to see if they measure up in that small unit they work or not.

In Nigeria, it took the President to resolve NFF, ASUU, ASUP, JOHESU, NMA, NARD and many more. Our society does not enhance governance at the centre at all.

The President is one man and until pple do what they have power to do by law without further approval, we won't move. What Dora did was very simple and when Baba found out it helped his course, he looked away. When some other ministers try it and it ll affect OBJ's interest, he moves against them.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by millionaireman: 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE

What is left is for the Oyebodes to suggest that President Jonathan goes to the war front to wipe off Boko Haram, to enable us continue to enjoy our crude oil bliss - no distress.

Methinks, Professor Oyebode is not too old to join the army to defeat terrorists. Is Oyebode strange to the genesis of terrorism in Nigeria? Does he not know that sabotage of Nigeria army by Boko Haram sympathizers that are everywhere remains the reason Boko Haram is not defeated?

Oyebode's take on President Jonathan is driven by partisan politics.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
Truckpusher:
And with all his cleverness GEJ is still his President,pays him and can willingly make policies that can make him puke and die from high blood pressure.

I wonder where these paper tigers were hibernating when OBJ was running amok abusing every institution of democracy.

Thank God for GEJ's gentle spirit. grin

Your statement is too pedestrian, you mean at the time Gowon, Shagari, IBB, Abacha etc became HOS/President, it because they were the most intelligent and capable Nigerian. Or is Obama the single most intelligent American simply because he got elected as president?

Try and apply some reasoning to the discussion at hand

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chased out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!
my problem with Nigerians is not the corruption in our system, my problem is the silence of the wise men, nd the loud mouthedness of the not very wise ones.......do not say Jonathan has not done nothing because you were told so, or worse still paid to say so. Deep within you, you know the truth so try to start misleading the younger generation of ur kind please....
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by gabicon: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

He never taught in any university, but the Rivers State College of Education.
I'm sorry for the wrong info. Thanks for the correction
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Billygee2u: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
yeye professor ,female students molester,why are you using our Dear presidents name to seek for cheap popularity ?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by manutdadex(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
BabaO2:

whose head? Your head, right?. Worst military is far better than incompetent drunkard gej. jonathan can only earn respect from you and your likes. Can't PDP present informed and competent candidates like Donald Duke or Ben Bruce at least they are from SS, instead of this dirty and incompetent jonathan?..
hey stop hating and am sure u voted him in...because u tut he wud solve ur problem,now u re doing d same mistake u made by listing candidates! He is ur head if u dont want dat cameroon is nt far!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
manutdadex:
wen we as citizens of dis country do dis to our president, y wont ghanians, snoop or kanye abuse him, and we av d worst opposition in Apc. An insult to the head is an insult on d whole body!!

Yes and when you discover a malignant tumor in your head, the best thing might be to remove it when you can, not leave it until spreads to the whole body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) / FBI Indictment Of Abba Kyari, Hushpuppi (US Court Documents) / Soldiers Carrying Abu Ali On Their Shoulder & Hailing Him (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.