Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose (920 Views)

Recovered Loot: Why Buhari Won’t Disclose Amount – Garba Shehu / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - / Amaechi's Supporters Troop In To His Home Today To Show Him Support(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Mykel4God(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Maiduguri, the Borno State capital was yesterday charged with hushed excitement as the news flied around that abducted Chibok schoolgirls might be released anytime between yesterday and today following positive talks with the insurgents in Chad.

This is coming as the 219 Chibok schoolgirls are clocking 200 days in captivity today.

A government official and native of Chibok who spoke with LEADERSHIP Friday but wished not to be quoted said “We are all in high spirit, I just returned from Chibok and from the information reaching us so far, we may very soon – in fact between now and tomorrow (Friday), have our girls freed”.

The same mood was noticed amongst some top security officials in the state who also confirmed that Boko Haram might release the schoolgirls within 48 hours .

A security source who spoke under strict condition of anonymity said “From what we have received so far, the negotiation going on in Chad have recorded tremendous progress and we are looking forward to receiving the girls anytime soon”.

The officer said though, it is too early to start celebrating “because we are dealing with very erratic set of people, we hope that this time around it is for real, because we have been expecting this to happen since Monday”.

The principal of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Mr Asabe Kwambura, where the 219 abducted school girls currently in the captivity of the Boko Haram were taken from on the 14th of April 2014 told this reporter that though she was not aware of the possible release of the girls, the news is a welcomed development.

“I will be very happy to receive the girls; in fact I will go to anywhere they are to receive them; if they are released today, I will be in Abuja to receive them”, she said.

Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo had on two occasions this year said it would take longer time for only few of the Chibok schoolgirls to be found, even as he said many of them may never be seen again.
http://leadership.ng/news/388731/boko-haram-may-release-chibok-girls-today-officials
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Boss13: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2014
We will only celebrate when the news is confirmed. No high hopes yet.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Obinoscopy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Very soon.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by enugwunno: 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
I know this not an authentic news but today or anytime in d future that this girls are realised the school principal should not be allowed near them because she part and parcel of their abdutors and as I speak now she knows where their are.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by MORNDEW(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
And they are bombing, Jonathan don realy finish una brain.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Demdem(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
I feel sorry for these girls. Simply can't imagine what they would have been subjected to.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Rikidony(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
THEY SHOULD BE RELEASED AND LET THE WAR AGAINST THIS BLOODSUCKERS BEGIN angry
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Amanwulu1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
following.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Stupidity of our officialsangry. Tis d same sh1t dey've bin sayin since. Bring bck d gals wen ur ready and stop glamorising d whole tinangry
Re: Chibok Girls May Be Coming Home Today - Officials Disclose by eunisam: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
just bring them back.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Too Late: Millions Of Nigerians Dying And At Risk Of Death / TAMBUWAL Save Your Head! / Aks 2015: Udom Calls Nigeria’s First Lady Enemy Of Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.