Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84434 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hijaynation(m): 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me
guys unn hard o chai guess uniport is 2 simple
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by NobleG1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
butanep:
what are you even talking about? You re deviating from the main topic... not everyone got their certificate from the practice you mention above... if you got yours that way, so many didn't do such... I read both day and night, sun and rain. pleasant and unpleasant environment to get my good grades in school and I can boast of it any day any time and @ any where...
So don't come out and begin to say what you don't know...

Your response proved you're a half-baked or an illiterate "graduate".
You can't even write good English. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Paroman:
OP Greatest Covenant University nko?? How come it didn't make your list angry
you mean DULLvenant University? My friend, its like Oyedepo is feeding you with strong EBA and watery egusi soup
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Knighttemplar(m): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Before and after admission, NDA is the toughest!!!

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 03, 2014
Paroman:
OP Greatest Covenant University nko?? How come it didn't make your list angry
He was nt talkin about d universities wit d highest percentage of brains in Nigeria. He speaks of universities wia admission process is crooked wit somewhat dependence on who-knows-who. Most public universities in Nigeria and few private ones lik COVENANT hav academic wizards. Op might hav attended one of those universities listed as d toughest; despite being d toughest, one of those universities taught him 'ENTER' is the right word to use in place of 'ADMISSION.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by smallJagaban: 12:06am On Nov 03, 2014
WHY IS IT THAT MOST OF THE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA ARE IN SOUTH WEST?

#ALL HAIL OBAFEMI AWOLOWO
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by suremanpatriot: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2014
Dammytrager:
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views
Toughest how? By what standards? Based on which empirical data? Pls!!! Abeg stop this thread till we have an umpire to determine that. Remember the world is watching these posts oh,so lets not make a mess of ourselves.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:04am On Nov 03, 2014
butanep:
I am very good when it comes to mathematics and F.mathematics... Those re my best subject in secondary sch and also best courses in the university...I have seen so many schools entrance exams into engineerings... I just laugh @ times when pple complain...

The fact is that when one study very hard... the hard exams becomes so easy...
its not always like that...not all subjects get synchronised with one's brain
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Chidonc(m): 1:12am On Nov 03, 2014
alexis007:
chai...babe check my posts now[almost crying]...do i seem to you like a dullard in class?...even in my worst @cademic form,i won't pass for an average student...that's by the way....lemme make it clearer to you on how tough it could be to 'break through into' UNN [i rep the nation's future Gani fahenwmi's-LAW things constantly on my mind]...you are right about my being a jambite...took jamb and scored 230...it's too low for my standards but i have to accept it or hug a transformer,Dibu ojerinde would say to me.We've not met each other b4 but we do converse IN THE SPIRIT REALM....i sat for pume and made 310,which when added to my jamb score and divided by 2 would bring my average to 270...to cut a long story short...270 couldn't earn a place for me in a law faculty whose cut-off mark for people from my state is 273 [just 3 marks and i'd have been on the safe side]....Now i'm made to settle down with 'COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCES'[supplementary list got released to days ago and the 'donkey' course had my name as those who got admitted to study it.UNN can really alter one's destiny].....blah blah blah...Story of my life...So you see,my beautiful angel...IT CAN REALLY GET THIS TOUGH WHEN YOU APPLY FOR UNN...End of story

My frnd kindly kip quiet and accept ur fate, who told you unn is hard 2 get. D fact is dat unn gives more admision in choicest courses tru d bck door than on merit, incase u want 2 argue. Chect d amt of pple given law as merit and those given law as suppliimentary and u would understand wat am sayin cos even if u had gotten the 273 u are still not quarantd
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by blym4real: 2:46am On Nov 03, 2014
Tex42:
maturity speaks for u bro.

no uni is too tough/easy to gain admission into,all it takes is meet the school/dept jamb and post ume cutoff and the rest is history.

Rili rep ur sense of judgement bro!
The above is not true with Nigerian universities.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Elegbede205(m): 3:10am On Nov 03, 2014
Elegbede205:
UNILAG should top that list nah...the school is too difficult to enter no doubt

#team unilag(university of first choice and the nation's pride)
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by logica(m): 3:35am On Nov 03, 2014
bidexmat:
I am a southwesterner too.
Roooight. undecided
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Abdgafarplenty(m): 5:11am On Nov 03, 2014
blym4real:

Its a double facet things

You can pass all the cut off marks, either JAMB, PUME nd Dept, as long as those applying are limited, your chances of making the list is high. Come to think of it, when 4000 of you are vying for 130 seat in a dept.

THE HIGHER THE SCORE ND LESS COMPETITIVE THE COURSE IS, THE MORE UR CHANCES OF GETTING ADMITTED
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by popson1st: 5:16am On Nov 03, 2014
On what criteria are they tough? No university is tough in as much you meet the requirement.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 03, 2014
U believe? U wud hav disbelieved so dt his opinion would be forever respected by you,nairaland to me is the most compromised chart threand in d world,why wud dey allow baseless&poofless topic jux like diz to fly in dere domain,my frenx once told me dt if u want to breed e-violenx go to nairaland,,,plz moderator and editor,diz type of topic shud be jettisoned,tanx or less i wud beliv my frend
dridowu:

did u forget to read the bolded part when u are posting ? He can say that all University in the North are best in Nigeria if he wish. His opinion is not binding on you and i. You too can also says that all Uni in the East are the most developed, it is your opinion, so next time try to respect people opinion
@topic, i don't believe their is any toughest University to gain admission into, if you merit it you will be given admission without qualms.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Osgee(m): 5:27am On Nov 03, 2014
acenazt:
heiii u didn't put ABU in dat list

ABU na school? Wen their profs dey run comot? Make una thank God 4 past glory abegi
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by vision2050: 5:44am On Nov 03, 2014
National open university of Nigeria. my opinion
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 6:38am On Nov 03, 2014
alexis007:
Google is specially dedicated to doubting thomases like you...Help yourself!
Bros no..make I no talk jare
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hardbody: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2014
Princecalm:
i can't remember me or anyone sayin unilag is not among the best university in Nigeria.

We are saying the same things here. Most people maintain it is the best. I am only saying i spent time trying to acquire a post graduate degree which i did but had no head knowledge transferred to me. I have a friend currently running an M.Sc and between you and I, she has admitted it is a waste of time and resources in terms of academic acquisition.

The best university indeed.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by blym4real: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:

Its a double facet things

You can pass all the cut off marks, either JAMB, PUME nd Dept, as long as those applying are limited, your chances of making the list is high. Come to think of it, when 4000 of you are vying for 130 seat in a dept.

THE HIGHER THE SCORE ND LESS COMPETITIVE THE COURSE IS, THE MORE UR CHANCES OF GETTING ADMITTED
Your chances are high but that doesn't guarantee the admission.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Princecalm(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2014
hardbody:

We are saying the same things here. Most people maintain it is the best. I am only saying i spent time trying to acquire a post graduate degree which i did but had no head knowledge transferred to me. I have a friend currently running an M.Sc and between you and I, she has admitted it is a waste of time and resources in terms of academic acquisition.

The best university indeed.
are you now saying it should not be considered among the best.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by jeffizy(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2014
alexis007:
are you in UNN currently?...I might show up any of these days as school is about resuming and we freshers need to start earlier than sophomores and older students so as to get over with our clearance and also get shown around....Moreso,i shopped and got CSS [I had to resort 2 a 'plan b' when the primary list was released and my name wasn't among those successful law wannabees.donkey course CSS is,if you ask me.anyway,anything is better than nothing]......and my 9-feet-4-inches queen,female version of lebron James [i really hope you'd make me look lyk a dwarf beside you or i'd bore down mercilessly into you like a vampire].....you won't just show me around nah[winks].....make sure to clean your pu$$Ey with methylated spirit....afterall,a shag as a memorial for our 1st time of meeting 2geda in real life is not a bad idea...Farewell...till we meet in the den
A kid: Yes.

A classless kid: By all means.

2 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hazyfm: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Trinxzy:
abu..its nt difficult to enter ooooo...jst BOMB your way in

[size=18pt]Kai... You get am walahi[/size]

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Feyol56(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2014
Uniben has been changing pple's destiny/career since 1740bc
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Emperoradrian(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2014
Dammytrager:
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views
op all dis school u mentioned no hard to get na,hmm if u wan read medicine 4 uni-home,den keep applyin 4 UNIZIK.......#proudlyzikite#

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hardbody: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2014
Princecalm:
are you now saying it should not be considered among the best.

I have said some things, analyze them and draw your conclusions.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Tex42(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2014
blym4real:

your opinion bro, ur opinion
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by horlahmeelaykan(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2014
alexis007:
insults are my idea of a robust sense of humour....and the advice that followed??...i discarded it like used sanitary pads.Anyway shaa,i'm beginning to like you.It's been aeons since a lady stood her ground against mine,though i doubt if you can do that in real life with my intimidating eyes boring down on you and my acidic tongue hurting you to the marrow.....the last girl that challenged me....She changed school because of me grin
Nigga,i'll advice u grow up nd dnt b such a dunce

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by jerriandy: 8:52am On Nov 03, 2014
Suffice it to say no uni is easy to enter. Just as @Omic[color=#770077][/color]ron stated, the toughest may not be the best. if I can recall vividly, about 3 yrs ago, unizik, which is my school, was the second highest sought after uni after unilag. Out of sixty something thousand that applied, only about five thousand were given a slot. And you guys seem to forget so easily that schools differ and so have their own criterion for being considered....unizik, for instance, even though u had 350 in your jamb, once your putme is from 40 below....you can kiss admission goodbye. So no sch is easy...except of course private universities where money does the talking and schools like colleges of education.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by acenazt: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2014
Osgee:

ABU na school? Wen their profs dey run comot? Make una thank God 4 past glory abegi
non sense you. abeg abeg just Keep Ur hate filled sentiments to your self
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by jerriandy: 9:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Na wa o. T'would have made more sense if the question was asked as " which of the univerisities is tribalism on the increase?" Then the ish of toughest, easiest and all what not can come in * a scenario where I didn't meet the cut-off and still was denied admisn*
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by donila: 9:09am On Nov 03, 2014
is only a fool that is proud over what he got! by strenth shall no man prevail; the battle is not for the strong nor the race for the swift, but of God that show mercy. I want to say no school is easy or hard to enter. you can be qualified yet denied the admission. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.