Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities (74598 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger / List Of Courses Offered In Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jaydee87(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
farouk0403:

Good day sir, please am also a student of crop production please can you tell me the job prospects in that field? I mean the companies that I can work if I graduate. Thank you sir waiting for your reply, if possible please help me with your whatsapp number
bros you can work any where you want.. but for our course any beverage company is good or you go into full agriculture... for me am into photography now... but if am to work with the any company I will prefer agricultural companies...
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 11:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
jaydee87:
bros you can work any where you want.. but for our course any beverage company is good or you go into full agriculture... for me am into photography now... but if am to work with the any company I will prefer agricultural companies...

Wow that's cool, but why don't you want to practice in our field? I mean like being self employed in the farm
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by alphabbey1(m): 12:35am On Feb 06, 2016
jaydee87:
you're 1st class comedian. If it's dat easy for crop production to work anywhere, I wonder what a Microbiologist or Botany is doing at home..... Just dey whyne d guy. Better tell him d truth nd let Him knw His faith so dat He can be prepared 4 d worse Or Else, he's gonna curse u later when He becomes a graduate.. Work anywhere my foot. Even u sef don divert 4rm ur field into photographer. He doesn't knw Nigerian and it's Job sector. In dis present economy, After 5yrs of being a graduate with 2nd class upper, a chemical engineering student is still out there searching 4 Job...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 2:10am On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
you're 1st class comedian. If it's dat easy for crop production to work anywhere, I wonder what a Microbiologist or Botany is doing at home..... Just dey whyne d guy. Better tell him d truth nd let Him knw His faith so dat He can be prepared 4 d worse Or Else, he's gonna curse u later when He becomes a graduate.. Work anywhere my foot. Even u sef don divert 4rm ur field into photographer. He doesn't knw Nigerian and it's Job sector. In dis present economy, After 5yrs of being a graduate with 2nd class upper, a chemical engineering student is still out there searching 4 Job...

But there are many jobs that do not specify the coursed they need, such as banking jobs, graduate trainee, agro allied company sorry agro allied company are only for Agric students, marketing jobs, academician and so many more, those jobs that I listed they have training school to train you for some months after employment, but high cgpa will give you upper hand and chances to be selected for interview, I knew many graduates that deviate from what they studied from the university to a complete different career.

Also let me tell you something, there is high job opportunity in the north than the southwest, because the percentage of graduate in the north are low compared to that of southwest, south west has so many educated elite that are choked up in the labour market which makes it difficult to secure a job.. I hope that clarify everything for you
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by alphabbey1(m): 2:34am On Feb 06, 2016
farouk0403:

But there are many jobs that do not specify the coursed they need, such as banking jobs, graduate trainee, agro allied company sorry agro allied company are only for Agric students, marketing jobs, academician and so many more, those jobs that I listed they have training school to train you for some months after employment, but high cgpa will give you upper hand and chances to be selected for interview, I knew many graduates that deviate from what they studied from the university to a complete different career.

Also let me tell you something, there is high job opportunity in the north than the southwest, because the percentage of graduate in the north are low compared to that of southwest, south west has so many educated elite that are choked up in the labour market which makes it difficult to secure a job.. I hope that clarify everything for you
My dear brothers and
sisters don't be deceived, don't
let anyone come and tell you that
''i know of someone that studied
yoruba and is working in the
bank''. Come to think of it, will
you just carry your certificate in
yoruba and your C.V and apply
for a bank job? (in fact, the
receptionist will just fling your
documents away) This is near
impossible and the only way it
can be possible and work out is
having a very good connection
(which is what Nigeria is all
about today) and the special
grace of God.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 5:35am On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
My dear brothers and sisters don't be deceived, don't let anyone come and tell you that ''i know of someone that studied yoruba and is working in the bank''. Come to think of it, will you just carry your certificate in yoruba and your C.V and apply for a bank job? (in fact, the receptionist will just fling your documents away) This is near impossible and the only way it can be possible and work out is having a very good connection (which is what Nigeria is all about today) and the special grace of God.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 5:57am On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
My dear brothers and
sisters don't be deceived, don't
let anyone come and tell you that
''i know of someone that studied
yoruba and is working in the
bank''. Come to think of it, will
you just carry your certificate in
yoruba and your C.V and apply
for a bank job? (in fact, the
receptionist will just fling your
documents away) This is near
impossible and the only way it
can be possible and work out is
having a very good connection
(which is what Nigeria is all
about today) and the special
grace of God.

Sorry sir I mean no disrespect but are you a jambite?? Because you sound like one. I guess if you are a graduate you supposed to know what's going on in the labour market. To cut you short, Banks has no restriction for courses the only restriction is age barrier which you should not be above 28 and some other banks will request minimum of 2:1.
Am not here to argue nor lie, am a living witness because I have someone at my door step that studied geography and he works with GT bank, yes!! My blood brother. But if you are still doubting me please you can go to any Bank in your area and ask, or you should check any advertisement on their job you will see what am talking about.

You supposed to know that each and every course in the university before graduation your coordinators or some times lecturers will tell you the job prospect of the course and possible field that you can work in.

Lastly I want you to know that Agriculture is a vast course with many decipline inside it, as a graduate in Agric you should try to be self reliant because you can be an entrepreneur by establishing your own farm through or you can be a consultant, but only serious student that engage in practical aspect can accomplish it. If you see any agric graduate that is job hunting is either he has no capital to start with or he is just looking for job security.

But my advice to those that are yet to go to their youth service, is please they should save every penny of their NYSC alawee so that after completing their service they can start small business while they are still searching for job
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by alphabbey1(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2016
farouk0403:

Sorry sir I mean no disrespect but are you a jambite?? Because you sound like one. I guess if you are a graduate you supposed to know what's going on in the labour market. To cut you short, Banks has no restriction for courses the only restriction is age barrier which you should not be above 28 and some other banks will request minimum of 2:1.
Am not here to argue nor lie, am a living witness because I have someone at my door step that studied geography and he works with GT bank, yes!! My blood brother. But if you are still doubting me please you can go to any Bank in your area and ask, or you should check any advertisement on their job you will see what am talking about.

You supposed to know that each and every course in the university before graduation your coordinators or some times lecturers will tell you the job prospect of the course and possible field that you can work in.

Lastly I want you to know that Agriculture is a vast course with many decipline inside it, as a graduate in Agric you should try to be self reliant because you can be an entrepreneur by establishing your own farm through or you can be a consultant, but only serious student that engage in practical aspect can accomplish it. If you see any agric graduate that is job hunting is either he has no capital to start with or he is just looking for job security.

But my advice to those that are yet to go to their youth service, is please they should save every penny of their NYSC alawee so that after completing their service they can start small business while they are still searching for job
well, u're wright about one thing, am not a graduate. Yet still, am not a Jambite. Am a 400L Dentistry student from the University Of Ibadan. You see, am nt a graduate, but I move with graduates.... Even as a Doctor of Dentist, ave knwn since my Pre-medical days dat Nigeria isn't d wright place 4 me 2 start my carreer.... I see aw even doctors 4rm both federal nd state Hospital are collecting Pittance amount of money. Look, Do u want to be Limited to banks Only. For Goodness sake, How much is bank employee's salary. Some bank's salary does nt worth d stress at all. Moreover, is bank employment readily available. Your course is good enough, am nt disputing dat, All I want u to do is to be prepared for d worse and be practical. Theory aspect of Ur course may not Help u, but d practical will take u a long way..... But believe me, if u cn travel to abroad after ur Nysc, You will be very Happy u Studied d course..... Nigeria is a destiny destroying country....
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jaydee87(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
boss u the comedian cos thank God u know in nigeria u can work anywhere.... and to curse me he won't do that cos by then Nigeria will embrace agriculture... and bros u need to go into perfume and insecticide production that's a gold mine for you.... remember me when u start the production...
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jaydee87(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2016
farouk0403:

Wow that's cool, but why don't you want to practice in our field? I mean like being self employed in the farm
will still go into that when am ready but for now am not... you can also look in that direction too... a friend started rearing cow when we were in our first year now he has cows... so you can also start husbandry
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by alphabbey1(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
And, forget about what ur Lecturers are telling u about ur course, the benefit in it, and where u can work..... They will only tell u something dat will motivate u in studying it but never let u knw what is really out there for u... A lecturer in one of my school department told His student that after there NYSC, dey will be paid nothing less dan 400k... Then, I begin to wonder, if there's a company out there paying 400k for fresh graduate, why is that lecturer still in d skul earning 80k as salary nd did nt go 4 d 400k Job.... My dear, Knowledge is knowing tomatoe is a fruit, But, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.......
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by alphabbey1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
jaydee87:
will still go into that when am ready but for now am not... you can also look in that direction too... a friend started rearing cow when we were in our first year now he has cows... so you can also start husbandry
that's what I meant by practical....
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
well, u're wright about one thing, am not a graduate. Yet still, am not a Jambite. Am a 400L Dentistry student from the University Of Ibadan. You see, am nt a graduate, but I move with graduates.... Even as a Doctor of Dentist, ave knwn since my Pre-medical days dat Nigeria isn't d wright place 4 me 2 start my carreer.... I see aw even doctors 4rm both federal nd state Hospital are collecting Pittance amount of money. Look, Do u want to be Limited to banks Only. For Goodness sake, How much is bank employee's salary. Some bank's salary does nt worth d stress at all. Moreover, is bank employment readily available. Your course is good enough, am nt disputing dat, All I want u to do is to be prepared for d worse and be practical. Theory aspect of Ur course may not Help u, but d practical will take u a long way..... But believe me, if u cn travel to abroad after ur Nysc, You will be very Happy u Studied d course..... Nigeria is a destiny destroying country....

Thanks.. Now we are heading the same direction, my plan is too start a career abroad, after my masters
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
jaydee87:

Okay thanks, I will try it
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by PaulWillbliz(m): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hello, chums.. I've been quite observant of all blogs been dropped here from page 1, well i just want to know if i may ask, is Physical Health and Education(PHE) a good course to read cos I've been bothering, for me to chose law and later change to English language due to my capability... Was later given admission to study the afore course, which i never opted for. .. Well, to get the matter straight, i'm just a fresher of obafemi awolowo university. 2015/2016
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by farouk0403(m): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
PaulWillbliz:
Hello, chums.. I've been quite observant of all blogs been dropped here from page 1, well i just want to know if i may ask, is Physical Health and Education(PHE) a good course to read cos I've been bothering, for me to chose law and later change to English language due to my capability... Was later given admission to study the afore course, which i never opted for. .. Well, to get the matter straight, i'm just a fresher of obafemi awolowo university. 2015/2016

Just try your best and come out with good grade, that will give you more chances of job interview, if you apply. than those that have lower grade.
Most of Nigerian jobs have no courses restriction I.e every graduates from different deciplines can apply for the job.

Don't mind those people that will discourage you, they don't know what's going on outside the walls of their university
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by PaulWillbliz(m): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
farouk0403:

Just try your best and come out with good grade, that will give you more chances of job interview, if you apply. than those that have lower grade.
Most of Nigerian jobs have no courses restriction I.e every graduates from different deciplines can apply for the job.

Don't mind those people that will discourage you, they don't know what's going on outside the walls of their university
. Thanks, sire. . That's a relieve.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by sirqeeboi(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Why include Fisheries here? Do u know The value of Dat course?

Am not a fisheries students. .buh when I first heard about fisheries I was like is this a course. ...but when I saw their courses ..then I knew it was not a joking course at all...FISHERIES IS A GOOD COURSE
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by AlphaStyles(m): 5:52am On Dec 02, 2021
Never underrate any course
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by HADI854: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2021
kozaic:
EARLY CHILDHOOD...
I don't really know what this course entails I really saw how angry people who were admitted to study the course were.

PRIMARY EDUCATION
Guess a person would spend four years studying how to teach primary schOol students.lol

DRAMA
Why introduce this course when theirs THEATRE ARTS in existence?

FISHERY.
*exhales*

ADULT EDUCATION
Some one applied medicine and was given adult education...

HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES EDU.
Some universities eh...

MUSIC
* I comment my reserve*

But all the same no knowledge is a waste!
Na the at adult education even dey shock me
But na the mentality dey make Naija filled with more jobless graduates oooo
Most of us are just in school so that we can graduate and get work from school
Some of us don forget say School Nobi business center
There is difference between acquiring knowledge and getting empoyed
But that one no means say everybody go come wan go school to go read anyhow course ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photos Of The Students Drowned In The Marina Calabar Boat Mishap / AAUA Students Dressed As Bandits Storm Class For A Presentation On Terrorism / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.