Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,033 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? (2160 Views)

My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 / Living With Extended Family - Advice Badly Needed! / Nuclear Vs Extended Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 01, 2014
I have realised almost every Nigerian has a bitter story to tell about a wicked, harsh or dubious uncle especially the ones in the village.

Is it just an African thing? Is it about transfer of aggression or what? Just why the bitterness from uncles?
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 01, 2014
My dear , na so we see am ooo.... Most especially the ones that r very stingy...
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Raiders: 1:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Why would you say your uncle is wicked?
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 01, 2014
Raiders:
Why would you say your uncle is wicked?

Are you one?
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Raiders: 2:06am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Are you one?
yes and you are also an uncle too. Don't you have cousins and siblings with kids
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Raiders:
yes and you are also an uncle too. Don't you have cousins and siblings with kids

If you read my post carefully you will discover I used the word 'almost' meaning not all, please
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by tpia6: 2:13am On Nov 01, 2014
you have to realize at some point, familial and friendship bonds are stretched and broken as you get older.

and in these days of boko haram, better wise up.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Raiders: 2:14am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

If you read my post carefully you will discover I used the word 'almost' meaning not all, please
the title of your post is why are uncles wicked.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6:
you have to realize at some point, familial and friendship bonds are stretched and broken as you get older.

and in these days of boko haram, better wise up.

that's the sad reality. One of my favourite aunt as a kid is now an acquaintance. We only see once in a while at family parties
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by jantavanta(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
SAMBARRY:
that's the sad reality. One of my favourite aunt as a kid is now an acquaintance. We only see once in a while at family parties

The rat race for survival has broken extended family bonds, inside and outside nigeria.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
jantavanta:

The rat race for survival has broken extended family bonds, inside and outside nigeria.
yes o.friends are now closer to people than even family

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:

This thing is everywhere.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by bebe2(f): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2014
If everybody carry their cross , wahala ni go dey.

Its either ur uncle carry his family problem com give u or u wan add ur owm to his own.
date where the hatred starts.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2014
sunnyshayne:

This thing is everywhere.
social nuisance please face your front and go and ask people like maclatunji, pickabeau or mr brown jay to teach you how to comport yourself like a gentle man undecided
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
social nuisance please face your front and go and ask people like maclatunji, pickabeau or mr brown jay to teach you how to comport yourself like a gentle man undecided

I'm referring to your comment in relation to the topic that most uncles are not friendly. What did you think I meant?
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
bebe2:
If everybody carry their cross , wahala ni go dey.

Its either ur uncle carry his family problem com give u or u wan add ur owm to his own.
date where the hatred starts.

African tradition and our adherence to communal lifestyle is the bane of this wahala.

1 Like

Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
sunnyshayne:

I'm referring to your comment in relation to the topic that most uncles are not friendly. What did you think I meant?
oopsmy bad.sorry.i thought you were referring to me as "thing".I was already getting angry. Mabinu my darling wink
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
oopsmy bad.sorry.i thought you were referring to me as "thing".I was already getting angry. Mabinu my darling wink

Why would I on a Sunday morning and on my thread? Never mind dear all is well.
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Why would I on a Sunday morning and on my thread? Never mind dear all is well.
oya come here and give me a hug cheesy
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
oya come here and give me a hug cheesy

*** looks left and right ****

Wifey in the kitchen, cooking rice.....

*** rushes with arms wide open***
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by SAMBARRY: 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
sunnyshayne:

*** looks left and right ****

Wifey in the kitchen, cooking rice.....

*** rushes with arms wide open***
abeg dress joor.you sef wan near me tongue
Re: Extended Family Wahala: Why Are Uncles Wicked? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
abeg dress joor.you sef wan near me tongue

See Gobe o

Please, take your trouble elsewhere.

(1) (Reply)

My Childhood Experience: In Line With This Topic: No Don't Touch Me There!!! / Most Men Get Married Because They Need A Maid / Smalls Boys Looking For My Trouble, Despite Am Not Their Age.. please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.