Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience (9221 Views)

Phone Stolen More Than 7 Hours Ago, And Still Ringing. How Do I Track Location? / Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? / My Phone Stolen, Will The Robber Have Access To My Files If Code Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by olga(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2006
I also lost my phone on August 1, 2006.This was how it happens, i was in a cafe browsing and i placed my phone on the table after receiving a call from my mum. then my attention was drawn to assist someone, to my suprise before i know it, my phone was gone. immediately i try my number and behold it was switched off. i was almost down, i just need to be myself again condering how i kabour to get the phone.so pls be careful with your mobile phone,
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by anniebear(f): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2006
well i'm lucky i've never loss my phone,
my uncle lost his phone last month at mile2 around 5p.m, he said he was coming down the bridge, there was no traffic per say, all of a sudden two guys from nowhere entered his car and took away his phone, that he tried to chase them, but those people dat called themselves LASTMA said he should not, that they are with guns.
Can u imagine that means they know people that are doing it and if possible they are one of them (LASTMA).
NA WA 4 NAIJA OOOOOOOO
ESPECIALLY LAGOS AND THAT MILE 2
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2006
these stories are really sad, yet very funny! pls keep em coming people  cool i hope i never lose my phone. id just die because i cant do without it. its my baby! i almost got mugged though on my last trip to naija. and its true that they use distraction to steal the phone from you. oh well smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by aparo(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2006
Twice, I have lost my fone. D very first time was immediately gsm came to Nigeria. I lost it in Port Harcourt and d taxi man took it to Oluobasanjo road police station in Port. The police man told me they had to chase armed robbers (ha ha ha) and shoot at them, so I had to part with 5k (ole) and I did. The second time too in a cab. I had to carter another cab and hunt the cab driver all over making several calls to him but he gave me easy and I only rewarded him with N200 which was all I had left after d ordel. It is not a good thing sha, becos of no.s in the fone and stuff
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by mustafar1: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2006
which is better, loosing ur fone? having it stolen? or throwing it onto the field cos ur darling team was getting their ass whooped by the opponents? NY GIANTS ALL THE WAY!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by scribe(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2006
sad I feel sad when I recollect how my phone was [b]"collected" [/b]by two young guys riding a motorcycle. They simply asked "Bros wetin dey" and before I realised what was happening, one gave me a dirty slap. Before I realised what was happening, they have cleaned out my pockets. I had to beg for my ID card which they threw on the floor and sped off. Bad experience sad
Thank God I've gotten a better phone now. A birthday gift grin from someone who care grin grin grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2006
ooooooohhh, they slapped you? man, that was cruel. those guys should pray they never come across you again, else im sure you going to give them a beating! i would cool
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Bossman(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2006
Wow! Did not know that stealing phones is such a major issue in Niger. So, it seems like people even get robbed for their mobiles. When I was there last year, the only time people saw my phone was when I was using it anyway. I know not to walk around in Lagos like we do here with the phone in a case on my waist. They give phones away here, so people do not really go out tosteal those things. A lot of times when people lose their phone it's even returned to them by the person that found it. Until they start to blacklist phones in Nigeria, stealing of phones will be a major problem.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dominobaby(f): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2006
Wow!
These stories are funny yet not funny!
I have never had my phone stolen or lost and i have prophesied into that phone that i would never have it stolen!!! Amen!!

Nevertheless, my brothers have had theirs stolen like twice each and the most recent one is so pathetic.

My parents were just relaxing outside our bungalow in the evening, there was power failure. Before they knew what was happening, someone stretched his hands from outside and opened the gates, the padlock was not locked. Two of them walked up to my folks, pointed guns at them and firstly collected their phones there. They then marched them in and ordered other members of the house to submit theirs too. In all they carted away seven solid phones. I wasn't around them. The one that pained of most was my cousin who just arrived at our house to spend sometime with us ended up loosing hers too!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by ashala(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2006
I lost mine inside a taxi.And the most annoying thing was that i was going to submit my Cv to an organization.A costly phone i had just bought recently with my widow's mite.I guess the phone slipped out of my pocket without my knowing and even though i accosted the driver of the taxi later ,he denied,saying that immedietly he dropped me,he carried another person who looked like a thief(imagine that!).I mourned for that phone for weeks.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2006
Hmmmm Incredible, This Stories are far more than 'A Bitter Experience' cheesy
I avnt had my phone stolen and I pray it wont! Did I hear an Amen? wink
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 12:50am On Aug 13, 2006
grin Amen, brotha! neither has mine ever been stolen. i pray it never does  cool cool cool
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Remmzy(m): 3:56am On Aug 14, 2006
hayprof:

Hmmmm Incredible, This Stories are far more than 'A Bitter Experience' cheesy
I avnt had my phone stolen and I pray it wont! Did I hear an Amen? wink

[b]phone lost? not my case but i did loss all contacts on my phone when i had to flash my phone because of one yeye virus called caribe, it almost made me cry.[/b]Fellas you need to see me then, mo dode cry big boi cry!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by ikamefa(f): 4:01am On Aug 14, 2006
My phone has never been stolen before,but i lost my last phone in the subway once,  twas sometime last year  and i was rushing to get on the train as i opened my bag to get  out my train pass my phone fell out of my bag.

didn't realize this , twas later when i got to work that i found out . so i called my own cell phone and an MTA worker who was working where it dropped pick up ma phone and told me to come pick up my phone which i later did. grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Remmzy(m): 4:04am On Aug 14, 2006
ikamefa you are a lucky, good samaritan se? cool
ikamefa:

My phone has never been stolen before,but i lost my last phone in the subway once, twas sometime last year and i was rushing to get on the train as i opened my bag to get out my train pass my phone fell out of my bag.

didn't realize this , twas later when i got to work that i found out . so i called my own cell phone and an MTA worker who was working where it dropped pick up ma phone and told me to come pick up my phone which i later did. grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by ikamefa(f): 4:10am On Aug 14, 2006
yes oh !, grin and i have also returned like up to three phones this year to people who either absent mindedly or forgetfully lost their phones. As the saying goes do unto others-----------------------------------> tongue
abi? " grin"
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Jamzdo: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2006
Actually I don't wanna talk about this, but since everyone is feeling cool about it, ok lets tell a sad story with a smile.

I lost my phone one bad evening when I was having my usual evening walk, I was just feeling
cool with my little machine, feeling cool selecting my best mp3 songs when I a guy from noway launched a missile like bomb slap on my eyes. cool cry I dropped my phone with a painful cry, and that was the end of my beautiful phone. But I've gotten another bether phone now,is a good 3G multimedia phone that can do almost everything like a pc wink
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 2:40am On Aug 15, 2006
hmm. when did it become the in-thing to slap someone and fap their phone? thats just cruel. o ma se o (a pity). cool
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by babonboard(f): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2006
well having gone through different people's experience i could not help but laugh,though some are bitter but na wetin man go do life must go on.
i have been quite lucky because my phone has never been stolen or missing but i will share a friend's bitter story with you
It was on a hot afternoon after lecures,she decided to treat herself with some nice stuffs,so she took this taxi(not lagos o) which had already carried two passengers at the back seat.so as they going o that was how one okada man came and spitted on her meeeeeeeeeen shocked shocked shocked shocked it was bad not just an ordinary spit o,its got phlem inside and while my innocent friend was busy trying to clean the shit off her the phone grew wings and flew out of her bag but she dnt realize until she got to where she was going and guess what?
she called immeditely and a girl picked it telling her to go to hell because the phone(D700)now belongssad angry angry angry angry ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2006
whaaaaaaaaaaat? for real? shocked  omigod, how annoying and embarrasing. not even the stealing the phone part, the spitting! just gross!! i cant even stand my own spit much less that of a stranger. i swear ehn, if i ever catch someone that did that to me, we go enter the same trouser that day.  angry  angry

so spitting is the new thing now. i feel for your friend really sad
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by bolaoni(m): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2006
This is really a wonderful thread! Amazingly a frined is just telling me now he lost his won fone.

I have lost my fone twice and both look like the same manner. They all took place in a danfo bus.

One the two occassions, I was sandwished between some guys and never knew how they were able to do it.

Just got down to discover that my fone has been fapped! The second one was in December last year. Had to stay several months without fones.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by infinty(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2006
I had a very bad experince.
It was not a funny one but all my friends thought it was. It was 2:30pm and i was coming out of the classroom were i went ot read and on my way home i was stopped by a guy who had somthing in his hand that looked like a gun, and the chicken i was at the sight of that made me give in to all his demands, he took my fone and N200 that was with me.
the annoying part of the whole thing was that as he was running away he threw the thing he was holding away, only for me to get to position were the stuff fell to dicorver that it the bone of a chiken (proberbly Mr BIGGS chiken) that was used to threating me. angry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by donmayor(m): 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2006
infinty:

I had a very bad experince.
It was not a funny one but all my friends thought it was. It was 2:30pm and i was coming out of the classroom were i went ot read and on my way home i was stopped by a guy who had somthing in his hand that looked like a gun, and the chicken i was at the sight of that made me give in to all his demands, he took my phone and N200 that was with me.
the annoying part of the whole thing was that as he was running away he threw the thing he was holding away, only for me to get to position were the stuff fell to dicorver that it the bone of a chiken (proberbly Mr BIGGS chiken) that was used to threating me. angry
Ur own funny gan o. They use chicken steal fone of chicken grin. U too fear. Anyway my fone has not been stolen before. The thief wey go still from me, they never born am. What only happened to my fone is the work of a genius in the making. I put my 45k phone in a microwave at high temperature and cooked it. The phone that I thot was metallic became over distorted. I was able to study the effect of microwave on phones grin, Men, the thing pain me o, na stupidity of the highest order. I never get phone for like a month now. The water wey I think say go dry, then I was stupid, for don dry by now if I had waited. Ode ni mi nigba yen o grin Well sha, u na fit donate to my account for the 50k fone I have my eyes on now, I promise I won't put it in oven this time, I would try the sun instead.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Ukpekeson(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2006
I feel so bad because my neighbour phone that he bought less than 3 weeks back 4 over 30k was collected this evening cry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dominobaby(f): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2006
Don mayor! How u sef go put ur phone for microwave? Choi!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Seye(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2006
donmayor:

your own funny gan o. They use chicken steal phone of chicken grin. U too fear. Anyway my phone has not been stolen before. The thief wey go still from me, they never born am. What only happened to my phone is the work of a genius in the making. I put my 45k phone in a microwave at high temperature and cooked it. The phone that I thot was metallic became over distorted. I was able to study the effect of microwave on phones grin, Men, the thing pain me o, na stupidity of the highest order. I never get phone for like a month now. The water wey I think say go dry, then I was stupid, for don dry by now if I had waited. Ode ni mi nigba yen o grin Well sha, u na fit donate to my account for the 50k phone I have my eyes on now, I promise I won't put it in oven this time, I would try the sun instead.
How on earth can you do that?
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
beats me undecided he mustve been high on ganja grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Seye(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2006
soulpatrol:

grin grin grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by donmayor(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2006
soulpatrol:

Na you give me the ganja? It was just a brain wave. I heard Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had those sort of brain waves. I guess i would soon enter history books as one of the greatest inventors of our time wink
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2006
@ donmayor. grin grin grin grin im just throwing jabs at you, but seriously, how you gon cook your phone in the microwave?
like c'mon now, a brain wave? whats that? more like brain madness cool cool cool you get money to waste o. if i be your mama, i for spank you well tongue
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by donmayor(m): 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2006
Men my mama no hear o. I just tell am say the motherboard get fault and they talk say na irrepairable grin but i never buy new fone sha, they don wicked me for house. my saving grace na my ipod, hope i no go cook that one too tongue
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2006
them suppose tie you to a tree, leave you there overnight, make you learn your lesson. and you can always dash me that ipod grin is it the original, nano or mini? i go take am tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Can't I Watch Online Videos With My Whole Sum Of #1,500 Bis? / How To Share Glo N2500 Data Plan For 10GB With Another Glo Number / E71 And Blackberry Curve 2: Which One Wil U Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.