Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience (9222 Views)

Phone Stolen More Than 7 Hours Ago, And Still Ringing. How Do I Track Location? / Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? / My Phone Stolen, Will The Robber Have Access To My Files If Code Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by donmayor(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2006
Na video ipod o, How i go buy fake from Apple? MAke I dash u? You wan make i become empty barrel? Wetin go dey make chics trip since i no get fone? My story of cooking my fone abi
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2006
by original ipod, i meant the bigger ones that came out first, wetin dem dey call am? anyway i no go dey surprised if fake ipod dey. trust our people. them fit come out with their own version"upod". so na by having phone you fit spin chicks ehn? na wa o. okunrin! (men) wonders shall never cease. grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by donmayor(m): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2006
Ohhhh, me no know o say original ipod na original ipod. I saw fake ipod nano today at ikeja, it is capable of deceiving anybody only that the apple logo was not at the bac and it was 256MB. Chics loved to be wowed. You wan lie say gadgets no dey make u trip sometimes? When a chic looks at ur fone she would decide in her mind that this is a big boy, let me start eyein him
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2006
shocked no comment
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by olunifemi(f): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2006
I lost my phone 2 an okada rider along ajah early this year.I boarded okada from ajah 2 badore but unfortunately when got 2 a place
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by vickybabe(f): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2006
yes oh, let me think of it

my phone was stolen once in my senior year in high school, we had to go take a senior portraits in the gym, i had my phone in my hand and then i slide it in my pocket and we sat down on the chair.

picture is over lets go to class, was the time i reached in to look @ da time and my phonw went missing. i looked at every nook and crannny, it was no where to be found. after two hours i gave up and went to class.

i kept on calling it through out da day to c if someone would pick it up, i lived with my aunt at this time, when i got to her house i called my phone again and some one answer, i was begging pleaze return my phone, but she hang up so i called da cops and they took sum inof. but still i aint found ma phone.

my parents yelled at me, becos they said " we told you it was a bad idea for you to have a phone" i end up canceling that one and getting another one. this was about two years ago and i still wish i had that phone
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by olunifemi(f): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2006
that's pathetic
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by guseman(m): 3:20am On Oct 08, 2006
The first phone that I used was one long motorola handset like that in 2003, the phone costs #15000 plus econet #8000 line.A guy stole the phone from me when we were doing night browsing in a cafe.

I just decided to take a nap when the ISP signal went off 4 some minutes and behold, i discovered that my "feeding bottle" is missing. cheesy
I couldnt beleive that my fone is gone maybe becos i didnt sleep all the night my head cant figure things out,but when i got home which was about 5kilometers away,i remember that my 'treasured fone' is gone.

I ran back there but nobody there in the cafe again.Initially, i never beleive my fone is gone, becos i still have the earpiece glued to my ear!!

Is that not funny? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Share your own reaction with us the day your lost your valued mobile phone.

Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by ekunit(f): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2006
cry Mine happened two saturdays ago, A friend lost her step mom so i went for the wake keeping on friday,on saturday morning i asked her to help take out my hair and we decided to stay outside the door of her room, Her room was filled with her cousins,after we finished with my hair i went to my bag for my fone and it was nowhere to be found cry we tried calling it but the person kept on rejecting the call and after a while switched it off.It was annoying because it was a family member that was not so " griefy" that took it. I am still without cry cry cry angry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Christino(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2006
I lost mine in 2004 and the most painful contents were the lovely textmessages and passwords to some ftp sites. The numbers, i still can't find some till date.

I pray I don't end up in one chance anytime soon, cos the situation of my phone is like that of the PDP. Remember sackcloth? Yea that's more like it grin Those bastards will so beat the hell outta me!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by xdos(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2006
God's grace, I've never had my fone stolen before, but a friend told me about one that happened in a very popular cafe here in Enugu.
There was this very big cafe that had more than 50 computers and the cafe was always filled up then. Some guyz walked into the cafe; pulled out metals and a poletin bag. They told eveybody in that cafe to drop their phones into the bag. Actually I called it phone offering. You know how they give offerings in churches,
They collected enough phones before they left, You can imagine over 50 phones,

Too bad sha
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Busta(f): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2006
mine was stolen in skool oh, Went to the washroom and left it on the tissue rack, but as soon as i got out, i realised i did not have it with me so, i ran back in to the washroom and there was someone in that particular one i entered. I waited and this indian gurl came out and rushed straight out. I checked inside the washroom and didn't see ma fone so i ran after the indian gurl.

When i caught up with her, all i said was that where is the fone that u took inside the washroom and she's like which fone? and i said the one u took, then she was like ohhh yeah, is it urs? i asked her back, is it urs? she's like no, but she was gonna take it down to the security office. I'm like yeah rite, its mine, thanks! No wonder u ran out from the washroom without even washing ur hands.

ole!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by rhamz: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2006
My experience has thot me 2 never 2 trust anyone, sad sad i was in my home oneday in 2004 wen an old friend(primary sch friend) dat i had not seen in a while came visiting. we chatted 4 abt 2 hours & suddenly i got a call 2 pick sumone up.As i was abt entering my room 2 change my clothing my friend asked 2 see my phn(Nokia Ngage) and i gave him.can u believe dat b4 i changed my cloth my phn was gone in sixty seconds. i wld ave caught d guy instantly but wen i got back 2 my living room i was thot he was in d toilet.i called my phn after i discovered he was gone & it was switched off, i chked his last knwn address i was 2old they had relocated 2 Abuja (which he also 2old me).but i knw dat we will meet sumday and i hope 2 keep my kool, angry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by uncles(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2006
Funny abi? Its not so but wait till you are a victim. I have lost 5 phones in all but that has taught me a real lesson. The first was in PH at my junior sisters wedding one of the photographers removed it from the pocket of my buba and immediately disappeared; the second was at pen cinema area of agege, i was scrolling for a phone no to call when this hoodlum jumped into the road as if crossing and before i could say jack he had snatched the phone and disappeared into a dark alley while the third scenario was at tantalizers itire road in surulere where i had gone to buy remnants for tracy (blessed memory) this armed men just barged in shooting sporadically into the air and anybody who dared to stop them. Here they collected 3 phones from me even the police couldnt help but to harass me of bullet holes in my car.Since then i have decided to be using just one phone and never to roll down my passengers side glass no matter the heat.
So please let all of us be guided as these rogues would continue to use different styles to sell .
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by katherinae(f): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2006
what do these pickpocketers do when the phone dies, do they go and buy a charger for the phone, because i would deem it unnecessary and useless to steal a phone that i could not reacharge. so what do they normally do? this whole talk of phone tappin is quite scary its making me not want to come home.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2006
Ummmm, you can easily buy a charger, for less then 1000 =N=.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2006
My Phone has Never been Stolen AND never will be
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by XANGLE(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2006
Same here
adeoba:

My Phone has Never been Stolen AND never will be
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by teena(f): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2006
My phone has never lot nor bn stolen, besides I hv two incidents to share:

One, my In-law came back from work on a hot afternoon, he rushed to the toilet after using it, he came out and behold the phone was no more, it fell inside the pit toilet, lol.

The 2nd one happened in Warri. As its popularly said, "Warri no dey carry last and no small pikin for Warri" One of my neighbour's left his hse one sunday evening 2 meet a friend of his. According to him while he was waiting for bus, a young lady approched him, begging for "T" fare. She had a story that she was a stranger in Warri and stranded as she cdnt locate the person she came to meet. She knelt down to beg this guy for some money, who with his charity mind brought out N100 and gave her.

Immediately the girl left, this guy wanted to call the friend he was going to meet , he cdnt find his phone again which he kept in his front pocket with N5k. There and then he rushed and held the girl, he collected back his phone and the 5k. The girl pleaded with him not to disgrace her, he left.
embarassed embarassed shocked shocked
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by uzygirl(f): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2006
My phone taken by armed "gentlemen" in 2004. My cousin and I hurriedly hid in the wardrobe when we heard strange voices outside, leaving our phones on the bed. I can still hear their voices as they asked my uncle where the owners of the abandoned phones were. They picked up the phones and my charger too!
I loved that phone- Alcatel 311. It was small but sleek, I have used other sleeker models but I still miss it.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by marlet01(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2006
uzygirl:

My phone taken by armed "gentlemen" in 2004. My cousin and I hurriedly hid in the wardrobe when we heard strange voices outside, leaving our phones on the bed. I can still hear their voices as they asked my uncle where the owners of the abandoned phones were. They picked up the phones and my charger too!
I loved that phone- Alcatel 311. It was small but sleek, I have used other sleeker models but I still miss it.

sorry cos i really feel for wat you said i know it is a very painful experience to observe, but after a long time you will soon forget about the whole thing and move on as in getting another one that is even better than the one they stole
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by harpo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2006
My one and only experience was on lagos island broad str. one shmock greeted as if he new me, once i tried to see if i new him and from where he bent down and grabd my leg, tried to wriggle him off but ofcos he new wat he wantd and b4 i knew it his hand was in my pocket i then realised he was gunnin for my NEC E616, as he pulld it out and took off it was then i realised they were about 4 of then one pickd up a stone and slamd it on my head/ear and shovd me to get out off their site. That trick has been tried on me subsequently but off cos i already new their pranks, that was my own ordeal. grin angry sad
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by doubletree(f): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2006
my phone was stolen at my mother's funeral in 2004, sad really as  i thought only  family and 'wellwishers' were present!
anyway that taught me to stop crying and hold my bag TIGHT!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by yemmydavid(m): 12:12am On Oct 11, 2006
na wa 4 nija o, we invent so many ways of doin things.a friend went visiting somewhere in ikotun (lagos).as he got to d busstop, some1 hugged him from behind saying (in yoruba) "bro we have not seen u in our area in days hw are u doin" and stuffs like that. he tried to wriggle off the person to see who it was. the guy just threw him off and jumped inot the nearest movin bus only to wave from the bus saying (in yoruba) "we will meet when we get home",

pls becareful b4 an unknown friend hugs u in the busstop ooooooooooo
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2006
Twist: what would you do if you couldn't find your phone for a minute or two when you needed it the most?
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by ssenuga(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2006
Na wa ooooooooooo though i ve only lost my phone once,but i ve learnt different gimmicks
of naija stealing phones.Let us just be prayerful that we will not fall victims and lets us pray for our country too that our economy will change for the better so that people will not be crazy staeling of any sort.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by marlet01(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2006
doubletree:

my phone was stolen at my mother's funeral in 2004, sad really as i thought only family and 'wellwishers' were present!
anyway that thought me to stop crying and hold my bag TIGHT!

that was really funny, smiley smiley sorry anyway cry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2006
if i lose my phone at the moment i need it most, i'll start thinking of the next available smart gadget . . . smiley
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dammy0405(f): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2006
My Phone was stolen when i was in 300 level in the university(Ife). I just got back from the library cos it was during exam period. I dropped my bag on the bed to go and use the toilet and couldnt find my phone when i came back. I called it immediately and it was already switched off. i was without a phone for months after the incident.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by babadee(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2006
Geez,
never had my phine stolen or lost but all this experiences is really something to worry about.
guess i can always get African insurance for my phone so anyone who steals it goes deaf and hears where to bring my phone to me in his/her head until he/she does.
lol
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by toksdara(m): 10:14am On Oct 12, 2006
Guyz, Lagos life is hard. On my way back from work on the 24th of August, 2006, I'll never forget that day. During the day, I took some pix with my fone to show my people at home how my office looked like. Those pictures didn't get home with me. <br>I waved to my colleague as I entered a bus from VI to Obalende where I was to enter Yaba. When I entered the bus, I brought out my phone to make sure I put it on vibration mode and put it back in my pocket. I don't like the idea of it ringing out for everyone to know that I have a phone. My pocket was a bit loose when compared to the ones in Jeans. Everyone at the office is expected to dress formally Monday to Thursday, but Friday you are free to dress freely. <br>My older brother had always warned me of how his colleagues phones had always been snatched in Lagos especially at Obalende. So once in a while I tap my pocket to confirm my phone and wallet are still intact. <br>A lady with a baby on her back sat to my left while an 'Old Man' with a red face cap sat at my right. (Should be between 40 to 50 plus in age cos he looked elderly in appearance.) <br>As the journey commenced, the old man dropped his money on the floor of the bus. They were quite scattered. I wanted to help him, but he bent as fast as he dropped them to pick them up. He did that for a while and he got down at a junction before we got to Obalende. <br>Whe we got to Obalende, I tapped as usual but felt only my wallet. I went back into the bus to check for my phone. It was gone! A woman gave me her phone to dial the number, the line just rang and it occured to me that I left it on vibration mode. The woman with the baby then reminded me off the old man who bent to pick his money, then it all clicked.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Cretelove: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2006
My phone was stolen while i was making a call while driving home from work. I was in the Traffic along Ikorodu road, i need to call my colleague who left the office before me to find out about the traffic situation.

The guy came from behind and grab my phone whilst i was still talking to friend. Before i could say JACK, he has ran off and crossed to the other side of the express. Very funny grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

E71 And Blackberry Curve 2: Which One Wil U Choose? / Etisalat Recorded The Highest Incoming Porting Activities In Q1 2017 – Ncc / Between Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus And Iphone Xs Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.