Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience (9220 Views)

Phone Stolen More Than 7 Hours Ago, And Still Ringing. How Do I Track Location? / Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? / My Phone Stolen, Will The Robber Have Access To My Files If Code Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Excelboi(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
Me too don lost fone before in sec schl! Brb to give details
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by N101: 2:43am On Jul 06, 2011
Lost one, had one stolen and both my favourite phones at the time.

The first phone, a beautiful Siemens S35i, fell out of my pocket when I went out with a friend. The weird thing is that when I called it, it rang, but I couldn't find it. Thought it was in my friend's car but it was no where to be found.  In the end I gave up looking for it.  Bought another one a few months later after getting a Nokia 3210 as a stop-gap.

The other phone, a Sony Ericsson Z610, was stolen along with my bag at work.  I had briefly stepped out of the office to check something. I was leaving half day and had left my bag in a chair, as opposed to under my desk.  It was only when I was getting ready to leave that an unreal feeling came over me and realised my bag, with my banana, money I had withdrawn that morning, phones (also had a Samsung D600 in the bag), eye glasses and my Nintendo DS were all in my stolen bag. 

To say I was upset was an understatement.  My line manager, bless him, gave me some money to help me out. I had to do a whole lot of palaver reporting it etc.  Even the CCTV didn't cover the place where my bag got stolen.  Over the next few months I replaced every and then tried to put it behind me, since that incident I was always wary and double checking myself at work.

The following year I was seconded to another office for a few months, and got a call from my line manager a few weeks into the secondment.  Someone had found my bag, and more so, apart from the Sony Ericsson and the money, everything else was in there!  Apparently someone found it and kept it nearby, but never bothered reporting it. I guessed when the banana started to smell she looked inside, recognised my name and then gave it to my line manager.

Also turns out that I had actually passed the thief when I briefly left the office, thinking he was another client.  He committed a robbery at a sister building a couple of months later and was known to the police.  In our CCTV footage he was seen in the communal area not long before I came out from the office.  I was told it probably was a good thing I never confronted him as he was known to be violent.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by doziej84: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2011
pls is there anyway i can block a stolen n72 phone in nigeria
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by DAVE5(m): 2:12am On Jul 08, 2011
i have quite a history with stolen/missing phones
my nokia 3310 was collected by some juju guys abt 4 years ago,
chinco n95 dropped out of my pocket in a cab 3 years ago
nokia n72 and a motorola f3 collected at gun point by armed guys in my room
sony ericsson w580i dropped out of my pocket in a cab
samsung e250 dropped again in a cab
samsung m620 dropped in a cab but i found it then it was given to a friend for repair and hasnt been returned
samsung flip sold to a friend which i neva got paid for
nokia 1100 phonenapped by a friend,
I try nah abi,at least i don use abt 16-20 in 4 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Can't I Watch Online Videos With My Whole Sum Of #1,500 Bis? / What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? / How To Share Glo N2500 Data Plan For 10GB With Another Glo Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.