Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,547 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? (2252 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Iyandasdiary(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It?

Marriage has shaped and reshaped the life pattern of millions of people all over the world. Some have come out of marriages, wishing they never went into it in the first place, while some have continued to endure strong physical and emotional pains while hoping that things will improve. That is why a lot of singles go to their pastors to seek ‘spiritual’ tips or advice before going to marriage. This shows how much respect a lot of people have for pastors and men of God; and which brings me to this big question.

Will you marry your spouse even if your pastor disapproves of it? Most people do, and even more don’t; but what is your take on this? Marriage goes much deeper than a lot of us already know, and sometimes it is not half as easy as telling the other person off. Calling off a long-time relationship is not always an easy thing anyway.

But do you honestly think your pastor knows your spouse well enough to be able to determine maybe he or she is the right one?Do you also think he would be a good judge of character even though he doesnt know much about your spouse?

Supposing your pastor tells you to severe your ties with your would-be bride/groom for one reason or the other, would you heed his call or advice? Let’s know what you feel and what your reactions would be.

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by sseunth(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
make pastor pack well
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by coogar: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
what does my pastor know that i don't?
if i genuinely like the chic, no mortal can prevent me from marrying her. i make decisions & stand by them steadfastly. if it kills me then so be it.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Mrval20(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
Nope. He doesn't even have the right to make any comment on such an issue, unless on spiritual grounds....Speaking of which, I would make further investigations and consultations before taking the final decision..

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by obowunmi(m): 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
Follow God's choice for you and not your pastor.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
I am blessed with a working brain to know what i want and what is good for me. I dnt need a pastor to tell me such.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
I remembered one of pastor enenche's story one day(dunamis guy)
He said when he wanted to marry d wife,becky, na so he went to his favourite pastor and told him he has seen his missing rib(he was a young pastor with no church then and a practicing dr)
Na so d pastor told him that his life is doomed if he should marry her.
Enenche said, pastor it wont work.i am so convinced in my mind that she is d one and hv spoken to God about it.
I will marry her and nothing will happen, and they got married.
(They should be more than 17yrs and still waxing strong)

So even trusted men of God can make mistake. Study ur intended urself and seek d face of God if u r a christian.
If there is small doubt, dont hestitate to let go.
U will hv that unusual inner peace when u meet ur missing rib.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Did the pastor give the reason for his disapproval?

A intending husband or wife should be able to pray to God for guidance alongside the pastor.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by tpia6: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
is this a bash pastor thread?
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by coogar: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6:
is this a bash pastor thread?

yes!
some pastors need deliverance in the way they deceive people when it comes to marital issue.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
One reason why I'm not close to any pastor. My dad is enough to be my biological and spiritual father. God will always lead me through. Whatelse do I want?
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by MARKone(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Why will I take her to the pastor for approval in the first place.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 02, 2014
Will my pastor marry his/her spouse even if I dissaprove of it ?

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Richy4(m): 5:45am On Nov 02, 2014
The pastor's role is to bless the union not to tell you not to marry him/her.

He/she would only ask the necessary question like do you love each other, how long have you known each other if it is too short he will simply ask why the rush or simply say why not get to know him/her a little while etc.
And finally advice never to sleep with each other until wedding night.then if it is the strict ones, before the wedding, he will advice the bride never to come to the altar half naked in the name of fashion full stop.

But to tell you not to marry, he is over stepping his boundaries. Besides, who opposed him when he got married.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2014
tongue tongue

I am a Catholic,Catholic priests do not bring confusion into couples relationships,they rather counsel and bless them.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by chibwike(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2014
Is it ur pastor...dats getting married to the person...i feel we now worship pastors and Men of God more than God himself.....cant you go on ur kneels and pray to God for a good spouse.....the pastor dats approving ur spouse...who approved his own.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by jmoore(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2014
I am a "man of God" too. No Pastor can influence my choice.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2014
Why would my pastor have any say in it?

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by freecocoa(f): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2014
Who gave him the right to approve/disapprove? Duh!
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Kirinwa: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2014
freecocoa:
Who gave him the right to approve/disapprove? Duh!

Well some pastor's have different gifts which include discernment spirit, word of wisdom and knowledge.

Besides who gave you right to comment? tongue
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by freecocoa(f): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kirinwa:

Well some pastor's have different gifts which include discernment spirit, word of wisdom and knowledge.

Besides who gave you right to comment? tongue
I equally have the same spirit, I can't imagine how someone who barely knows a person can automatically say "he's not the one for you" like duh!

If we are talking about my family/real friends who may have noticed a thing or two about my intended, then I'll be willing to listen and be more alert to finally make my decision, not some pastor who would prolly be meeting my boo for the first time.
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by phabulous88(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Except if the pastor doubles as her father
Re: Will You Marry Your Spouse Even If Your Pastor Disapproves Of It? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
If you never disapproved of the wife/husband your pastor married then its really not any of his/her business to determine who you decide to love, live and have children with smiley
All he has to do is bless people and join them together not seperate them. If u are not meant to be let God be the one who separates you before you marry not another ordinary human being

(1) (Reply)

Am I Failling In My Responsibility As A Father Or What? / Scorpion Killer Or Repeler / Has She Been An Advantage Or A Disadvantage To You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.