Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,416 members, 7,954,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? (3059 Views)

Download My Free Ebook On How To Create And Monetize Free Blog / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / My Free Javascript Html5 Bar Chart Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2008
Hello guys and gals,

Many have emailed me for my free CSS Ebook.  Yet no one has sent in any responses so I decided to make it a public affair.

If you have emailed me for the ebook, let us all know what you thought about it.  Do you see it as a book that will help you code better sites?  Have you used any of the code in the book yet? If yes, any sites you would like to share with us all?  Any comments as to how to make future editions of the book better?  Would the contents of this book make you want to come for a seminar I am thinking of putting together in 2009?  Questions, questions, answers, answers  cool

If you haven't received the book yet but would love to, please send me an email to the address in my profile and I will surely send it to you. 

NOTE: Send me an email.  Don't post it here.  Thanks,
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by syvanet(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
thanks i need i copy too i will definiately send my email address emoneypoints@gmail.com/@yahoo.com to you more also i discovered from your profile that you are a memeber of wemmaster of Africa i can i become a member too
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
syva, I'll be expecting your email. To answer your other question, I believe you have to click the "become a webmaster" link.

good luck!
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by xclusiv(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2008
@yawatide
I won't mind a copy as well, my email is ameclat@gmail.com

thanks
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by tweb1: 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2008
@yawatide
I need the CSS book too, : truetochukz@yahoo.com
I will Mail you immediately.

thanks,
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by switchmax8: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hello Guy,
i need your css e-book here is my email wealthyemah@yahoo.com i would have send you email but your email address was not posted on the forum i will really appreciate if you send it to me because i have some things i wanted to learn from css.Thanks once again
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by rancetech(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, the poster specifically asked no one to drop their emails here but rather to send her an email requesting for it.

So what is it, not clear enough?
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2008
switchmax, just in case you still haven't sent the email try again. It's there. I have gotten at least 10 emails since I posted this so someone's getting it from somewehre wink
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by quadrillio(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2008
It's nice Thanks very much jah bless yeah.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the compliment quadrillo,

Hopefully others share the same sentiments. Even if they don't, I will use the points noted to make future editions better.

Thanks once again.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2008
can you send it to my email

seun@ajayi.me
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by switchmax8: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2008
Yawatide,
I have not gotten the email address you asked people to send email to i was actually asking for the css e-book you posted that fellows should view you can send me your email or send me email on the book wealthyemah@yahoo.com thanks in advance
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by namzo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2008
If it's free, why don't u just upload it somewhere & post d link here  . & save d stress of emailing it to everybody.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2008
namzo,

because it is my prerogative when it comes to how I want to market myself and my product  tongue

no need to suspect anything - it's absolutely free, no strings attached.  Many are now reading their copies and have said good things about it.

Just think about it - in the time it took you to load up your not-so-fast connection, reply to this post, click submit, wait for page to load then wait to see if i respond, you could have sent me an email and you would be enjoying the book in half the time.  who's more stressed now?  wink
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by kehers(m): 6:13am On Nov 25, 2008
@namzo
He he he, u de look for yawa abi?
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by Mustay(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2008
If you don't look for her trouble, then yawa won't gas! grin grin grin
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by dayotee2(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hi yawa,

I just read your CSS book and I must confess it is one of the best books I have read in a long time.

Your style of writing is so simple with precision language, and show of clear understanding of the topic in question, you will be tempted to think you are in a class, listening to a lecture from a friend that cares and not a vague noise banging in your hears with little getting into your head.

I however have issue with the criticism of www.basepointconsultants.com in your book, its ok to criticize the site, but to put it in a book, I think that’s kind of far. I believe this is the official website of a company and may not tell well of there image to people as more people read your book.

Also I suggest you title the book properly, from the first page I may be turned off to think it’s another book on xHTML … given the title “15 Short and Easy-To-Follow Lessons in Web Design and Development (First Edition)”.

Be that as it may, it is a GOOD book, it is a book that can pass for both beginners and established web developers (who do not think they know it all), and it is a clear expression of mastering and creativity.

I think you should quickly package the book for print, so that young developers (who can not afford the 5,000-10,000) books can have something to read and develop there proficiency on.

Good job man and your site is lovely website also.

High Regards

Temidayo Oyebade
http://www.tebixcreative.com
Tebix Creative

Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
dayotee,

Thanks for the compliments and it is nice to see you also changed the behaviour of your "why hire us?" accordion from onmouseover to onclick wink

I am happy to see you like the style of the book. It teaches the way that I love to be taught - with baby steps.  I hate it when people say, "google it" or "it's pretty easy".  Not everyone learns the same way.  Some actually want to be taught in the language of babies, so to speak and I fall into that category.  Having said that, once I get it, it sticks because I actually understand, as opposed to copying and pasting just to get the job done.  Most importantly though, I hope you are actually applying the lessons detailed in the book in your present/future projects.  Then only will the learning be complete.

Point noted on the company website. I guess I should have made it generic.  I will take it out in future editions.  Another name for the book?  What do you have in mind?  I am all ears.

I am definitely looking at putting out the book in print at some point.  For now, I was so excited to spread the news, so to speak, that I wanted to get the soft copy out first.  I guess you could call it a soft launching. She bi you go donate pepper on the D-day right?  tongue  As you said, that book will teach you in less than 30 pages what 5K - 10K books would teach you on the same topic - no fluff, straight to the point, plug-and-playable code on demand.  I am happy I came through on that for you.

So, based on what you have read, you think would be willing to attend a boring seminar I would organize to cover the topics in that book and more?   tongue  My style would probably not be the way it is done currently - in addition to talking (which if you are like me, you would find boring after a while), I would actually sit down and entertain questions and solve issues "live" during the seminar.  It would probably last 3 days (1 day each for xhtml, css and javascript.  I don't think anyone could do justice to say, PHP, in 3 days so I won't go there though I would entertain questions and answer such in pseudo-code).  I am still ironing out logistics. What do you think?

Once again, thanks for the compliments.  Hopefully others share the same sentiments.  I look forward to hearing from you soonest especially with respect to the seminar issue.

Thanks once again.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by dayotee2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
Yawa,

Thanks for reading my post and thanks for extending a hand of "fellowship" to me with respect to your upcoming seminar and the constructive criticism on my website.

On the seminar issue, well let me know how I can  be of assistance, I would have love to do the PHP thing, but hey ,  am a .Net man and just trying to dabble into php just for knowing sake. But I do appreciate your selfless venture in the industry and how you are making effort to help develop others in this career field.

If you don't mind, I can help in delivering talk on motivational issues that relate to having a strong on-line brand, building business relevant websites, understanding difficult clients and stuffs like that, ,   provided the seminar is holding in LAGOS.

Keep the Good job up and maintain a creative spirit in all you do.

Regards

Temidayo Oyebade
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by namzo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2008
@yawa: I guess i'll take that back lipsrsealed I've sent you an email requesting d e-book. I no dey find trouble ooo!
@kehers: how u dey grin
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
namzo: LOL, no yawa o LOL. Expect the ebook soonest.

dayo: Yeah, it will hv to be in Lagos as in my opinion, that is where everything in naija goes down grin

I will keep you all posted.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by kehers(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
Do i hear a seminar? Dat will b interestg!
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2008
kehers:
Yeah, I am thinking seriously about it. I like to view myself as Moses who lacks the skill of oratory but hey, even he ended up leading the israelites out of egypt right? wink Other than that sha, I need to iron out logistics (venue, how much to charge, etc). I will keep you all posted in the event that it will be going down.

dayo:
u never come up with name for my book o tongue
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by OmniPotens(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
Come, Yawa, why them dey fear you sef? May be na Kehers dey cause am, or who? In fact, make that yawa gas sef tongue

Comments on the ebook, postponed until ,

Comments on the seminar, until the members of WOA really start appreciating the newsletters and frequenting the website to see what it has in stock then I'll say they are ready else, na lie ooo

No Hard Feelings shaa. All Man To Him Wahala just like Yawa dey plan organize a wahala. No jare, Seminar! grin

Yawa tongue
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by dayotee2(m): 10:51am On Nov 26, 2008
hmmmmmm yawa

on the title of the book , hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm am still thinking about it.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2008
dayotee,

Make it an xmas gift to me - you now have 25 days to go tongue
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by pie1ect(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2008
@Topic

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, very easy to follow.

Good work.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by tweb1: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
@yawa-tide
Your book is really good.
I took some time to study it well.

I really appreciate the 7th lesson (To list or not to list).

The 9TH Lesson (CSS resetting) is also very helpful. I had abandoned the use of CSS for layout because of the reason stated, but now am going back for tabless layout.

The book is definately not for beginners as you stated in the introductry page. its for us,  wink  wink

To make the e-book more user friendly you may want to add some links to it to creat a kind of navigation.
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by smartsoft(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2008
wetin na ya wa, you want make i fight you now abi where my own now you know send am ooo uc@ucheugo.com, d.klicks@yahoo.com
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by yawatide(f): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2008
The 9TH Lesson (CSS resetting) is also very helpful. I had abandoned the use of CSS for layout because of the reason stated, but now am going back for tables layout.

The book is definately not for beginners as you stated in the introductry page. its for us,  Wink  Wink

To make the e-book more user friendly you may want to add some links to it to creat a kind of navigation.

t-web:
Thanks for the compliments. Narrowing in on the 2 bolded portions: I would assume you meant you will go back to using CSS for layout as opposed to tables wink and point noted for next edition (for the first one, which was done in a hurry, I just converted from word to pdf and published) respectively.

smart:
you know my policy when it comes from who/what you want from me wink
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by smartsoft(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2008
send me th css book now ? d.klicks@yahoo.com i'm expecting it ooo
Re: How Is My **Free** Css Ebook? by tweb1: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2008
@yawa-tide
Yes i meant tabless layout, where
Tabless Layout = layout without tables = CSS layout

I decided to post a few point (about the book) in the forum and send the details to you via your email, but if you suggest otherwise then here are the details for everbody to learn from (as you said):

I have studied your e-book a great deal, but not all chapters yet. You asked for suggestons on the book and for now, here is a few.
Commenting:

1. Chapter 8:
Every one that usually browse the internet a few times must understand what it means for a site not to load fast, therefore it may not be nessesary to provide a link to such site to show an example.         
Any time the developer that did the site may do some tweaking and the site may become better than it presently may be and your point may become void.

Conclusion: Just go on with the message, do not point at any site for example. If you must do that, then  develop a page on you site that has slow download speed and use that link as an example.

2.Your e-book will be more user friendly if you had created a kind of navigation tool by adding some links. You may make the content page link to the respective chapters and some reference text linking to the referenced pages.

Thats the details for all.
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEXT EDITION wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Interswitch Gateway Implemented On Websites / International Payment Processor - Information Please. / 4 Important Things You Need To Know About Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.