Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) (3448 Views)

Share Your Experience As A Tenant That Made You Decide To Become A Landlord / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Cost Of Fencing 2 Standard Plots Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Gd day all,

Am trying to fence my mum's house, its
100ft x 100ft.

Its partly fenced so the builder said we shud make 1000 block since the front is going to have design dat will require some metal.

Now the problem-
I sent money home and they moulded 380 blocks frm 10bags of cement.
Then I sent money again for the second batch but this time my sister recommended a new builder who was begging for the job becos his wife just had a baby and he needed d money . He now made 460 blocks from 10bags. Now they are saying the blocks are no good for fencing because there is not enuf cement on it, dat fencing block is different ftom building blocks.

How true is this? Shud I abandon the 460 blocks and fork out another 50k for more blocks.

Sorry its long.
Dis pple just dey squander my money.
so fed up angry

Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by jerryunit48: 1:37am On Nov 02, 2014
bebe2:
Gd day all,

Am trying to fence my mum's house, its
100ft x 100ft.

Its partly fenced so the builder said we shud make 1000 block since the front is going to have design dat will require some metal.

Now the problem-
I sent money home and they moulded 380 blocks frm 10bags of cement.
Then I sent money again for the second batch but this time my sister recommended a new builder who was begging for the job becos his wife just had a baby and he needed d money . He now made 460 blocks from 10bags. Now they are saying the blocks are no good for fencing because there is not enuf cement on it, dat fencing block is different ftom building blocks.

How true is this? Shud I abandon the 460 blocks and fork out another 50k for more blocks.

Sorry its long.
Dis pple just dey squander my money.
so fed up angry
Sorry am not a builder but a learner, just a question, did you build 360 blocks/460 blocks with 50k respectively?
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by FastShipping: 2:23am On Nov 02, 2014
I don't think there is any problem with any of the blocks made so far if you want your people back home to use the blocks for the fence. These blocks look strong enough. The first batch was 38 bags per bag of cement while the second batch was 46 per bag of cement but the ones made from first batch should be stronger. Just let them continue molding more block but let them know not to produce more than 30-35 blocks per bag to make the blocks stronger. I am seeing non hollow blocks in the pictures attached. If I'm not mistaken, this project must be somewhere in Edo-Auchi axis. They love the non hollow bocks in that area.

Whoever tells you fencing blocks are different from molding blocks is deceiving you.

The house and fence in the pictures below were built with the same type of blocks you have. The house belongs to a nairalander (Vitorado). So don't let anyone deceive you. Whichever blocks you use is your choice.

Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by FastShipping: 2:23am On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 2:24am On Nov 02, 2014
jerryunit48:
Sorry am not a builder but a learner, just a question, did you build 360 blocks/460 blocks with 50k respectively?

Well, first I sent them 50k and dat made 360.

Then I sent another 50 and they made 460.

Frm previous experience I think 200 blocks is about 25k. I.e 5bags of cement and a trip of sand. Am sure u will be corrected.
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 2:31am On Nov 02, 2014
@fastshipping

Tnk u very much.

Yes it's in benin city.
can we mix it with hollow blocks?

Dis thing don dey chop money.

My pple like drama too much if u knw the fuss they have kicked up about those block
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by FastShipping: 2:34am On Nov 02, 2014
bebe2:
@fastshipping

Tnk u very much.

Yes it's in benin city.
can we use mix it with hollow blocks?

Dis thing don dey chop money.

My pple like drama too much if u knw the fuss they have kicked up about those block

I believe both hollow and non hollow can be used together but I believe the non hollow blocks have to be the ones to be used from foundation level while the hollow ones go on top. Just make sure they are of the same size.
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 2:35am On Nov 02, 2014
FastShipping:

I believe both hollow and non hollow can be used together but I believe the non hollow blocks have to be the ones to be used from foundation level while the hollow ones go on top. Just make sure they are of the same size.

Ok.

Tnks alot.
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by eghosajohnny: 7:52am On Nov 02, 2014
bebe2:

Ok.

Tnks alot.

good morning all just a little contribution to Mr fast shipping all he has contributed is correct and for the from this season on 40blocks per bag is best for molding the extral blocks could be out of the gauge the molder mixed before molding and I recommend you use this solid blocks all through
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by AnodaIT(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2014
I would suggest you use the first set of blocks (10/380) for the foundation level then use the second set (10/460) for the top instead of to discard them. If they are the ones in the pics, that is OK for top fencing work
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2014
eghosajohnny:

good morning all just a little contribution to Mr fast shipping all he has contributed is correct and for the from this season on 40blocks per bag is best for molding the extral blocks could be out of the gauge the molder mixed before molding and I recommend you use this solid blocks all through

Tnk u.
Was trying to save money with the hollow blocks. Think I better stick with one type.

We only need about 200 more blocks, will make sure they are 40 to 1 .
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by iamrealdeji(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2014
If you want to embark on such project,you have to check from time to time to supervise it if you can't hire contractors,these builders are mostly thieves and need to be criticized often to get good result,but if you stay somewhere and send money to them and don't check on what they're doing or send someone you trust to supervise if you live abroad or can't come,they'll just sell your cement and erect weak fence for you
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2014
AnodaIT:
I would suggest you use the first set of blocks (10/380) for the foundation level then use the second set (10/460) for the top instead of to discard them. If they are the ones in the pics, that is OK for top fencing work

Exactly wat I was thinking.

The weaker ones will mainly be at the back a d side of the property, and the stronger one will be in front becos of vibrations from pass cars.
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by AnodaIT(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
bebe2:

Exactly wat I was thinking.

The weaker ones will mainly be at the back a d side of the property, and the stronger one will be in front becos of vibrations from pass cars.
I would rather, the stronger ones are use for the foundation all round while the remaining strong ones be use for the front and the weaker ones use to finish (on top of) the strong foundation at the side and back to avoid foundational cracks
Re: Pls Help Me Decide On Fencing Blocks (pics) by bebe2(f): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
AnodaIT:

I would rather, the stronger ones are use for the foundation all round while the remaining strong ones be use for the front and the weaker ones use to finish (on top of) the strong foundation at the side and back to avoid foundational cracks

The back and sides are already fenced upto 4 blocks tall. Its only the front that has no fencing atall.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Lands(govt Acquisitions) Title Ratification Or Recertifications / Mowe/Ofada Have Gone Through The Roof! Can Someone Advise Of Other Villages? / Urgent Sale: Industrial Land Near Lagos International Trade Fair Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.