Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,784 members, 7,824,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) (4261 Views)

Lets Rate The Design Of Each Other's Website / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / How Much Does The Design Of A Typcal Website Costs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
illuminatic:
@ lucky80 Could you please show me how many websites you have built and their rank on alexa.com? I don’t take advice from people like you, I only listen to constructive criticism not someone like you.

How many times u dey quote naa.... the guy is a beginner...
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
GodMode:

How many times u dey quote naa.... the guy is a beginner...
Sorry, it was my phone or network error
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Simpsonrocket(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
For it to load faster on mobile, remove those large images. Ok!
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2014
beginners everywhere on nairaland shocked shocked shocked shocked

but I'm also a beginners
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by colossal1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
illuminatic:
Fellow Nairalanders I was charged N420k by a developer on Nairaland (onyegbu) to re-design our forum www..com because of many unique features he added but people are saying the price is too much and the guy refuse to refund me at least N200k as suggested by people . Please I want you guys to help me review if the design of that site worth that amount so there will be peace.

agreement is agreement...since u av agreed to pay him 420k b4 d commencemnt of d project, u shud nt xpect any refund.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by sapientia(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dharyour93(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

Honestly... U paid too much... The highest you should pay a web designer should not exceed 50K - 100K.

For now.. Don't give too much attention to the design as long as users aren't complaining.

Visualise how u want d site to look then draw it on paper...

Since users can PM each other.. U have no problem with d messaging... Stop looking for problems your site doesn't have.

50 - 100k for what?

A standard website with a good responsive design and content management functionality should cost not less than 75k.

The cost of a website is based on many factors. One of which is the functionalities required by the website owner. Please, next time don't make such over generalisations.

You can also check my redesign of Tsaboin Mobile App on http://cssjunkyard.com/dayo/tsaboin/
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dharyour93(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2014
onyengbu:
True. It responds only to 320px screen I think I should go for all screen sizes now.

@ONYEGBU I see you don't fully understand what responsiveness is all about. Please check http://getbootstrap.com. Bootstrap is a framework for designing responsive websites.

You can also check and compare http://mfbdcard.com on several devices to understand what responsiveness is all about.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2014
dharyour93:

50 - 100k for what?

A standard website with a good responsive design and content management functionality should cost not less than 75k.

The cost of a website is based on many factors. One of which is the functionalities required by the website owner. Please, next time don't make such over generalisations.

You can also check my redesign of Tsaboin Mobile App on http://cssjunkyard.com/dayo/tsaboin/

the topic is about designing and redesigning a site... not developing a site..... a site with backend features may cost between 100k - 300k.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dharyour93(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

the topic is about designing and redesigning a site... not developing a site..... a site with backend features may cost between 100k - 300k.

I'm sure you're not a website developer. If you are, you wouldn't have spoken like that. Besides, the website in question is not just a basic website. Its a content managed website and hence, requires development.

Website development starts whem you start writing HTML codes that converts your design into functional web pages. wink

PS: Another responsive web design from me http://cssjunkyard.com/9ja-recharge/
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
dharyour93:

@ONYEGBU I see you don't fully understand what responsiveness is all about. Please check http://getbootstrap.com. Bootstrap is a framework for designing responsive websites.

You can also check and compare http://mfbdcard.com on several devices to understand what responsiveness is all about.
Oga, we have seen your sites and they are good.
Now, I dont fully understand responsiveness, abi? Ok, I concur. Are you happy now sir?

But one tiny kweshion ooo, so one cant make a site responsive without bootstrap?
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm, your website looks wack! you are just copying Nairaland, not even unique, No Favicon, The developer is good but he seems to be a noob bout webdesign.

P.S: HTML/CSS are elements used to design a website, they are not programming languages.

i'm up for the job if you need upgrade.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dharyour93(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
onyengbu:

Oga, we have seen your sites and they are good.
Now, I dont fully understand responsiveness, abi? Ok, I concur. Are you happy now sir?

But one tiny kweshion ooo, so one cant make a site responsive without bootstrap?

Please, don't misquote me. I didn't say you cannot design a responsive website without bootstrap. What I wrote only implies that you should try using Bootstrap or any other framework to make your websites perfectly responsive.

Besides Bootstrap, we also have things like Foundation by Zerb, HTML5 Boilerplate, Titan Framework, Responsive Grid System, Gumby Framework, HTML KickStart, UIkit, to mention a few they all make your Responsive Web Design easier and faster.

I and millions of website designer/developer use bootstrap because it is by far the best HTML/CSS Framework.

I hope this infograph explains more.

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Intellab(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Next time you will agree to pay 1mil for a cheap design
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
dharyour93:

Please, don't misquote me. I didn't say you cannot design a responsive website without bootstrap. What I wrote only implies that you should try using Bootstrap or any other framework to make your websites perfectly responsive.

Besides Bootstrap, we also have things like Foundation by Zerb, HTML5 Boilerplate, Titan Framework, Responsive Grid System, Gumby Framework, HTML KickStart, UIkit, to mention a few they all make your Responsive Web Design easier and faster.

I and millions of website designer/developer use bootstrap because it is by far the best HTML/CSS Framework.

I hope this infograph explains more.

Its ok sir. No need for any fights now.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dharyour93(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
onyengbu:

Its ok sir. No need for any fights now.

FIGHT KE? I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF FIGHTING YOU. EVERYONE ON HERE SHOULD BE PARTNERS IN PROGRESS. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rate This Forum, Best Designed Nigerian Forum. / How Can I Become A Successful Blogger? / Secrets Of Making Income While Working Online Using Feverr ,gigbuck Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.