Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) (4259 Views)

Lets Rate The Design Of Each Other's Website / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / How Much Does The Design Of A Typcal Website Costs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by ZinoFego: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2014
Here is my quick take after analyzing the website:

1. It should be optimized for mobile viewing.
2. Let the website have a logo placed somewhere that's obvious for others to see.
3. There should navigation menus on the homepage.
4. The chat platform should looked into. For instance, the scroll bar does not come up all the time to see all the persons available to chat.
5. The old topics or previous topics are way to many at a time, they should be paged.
6. The website's background colour should be changed.
7. "The Welcome to " Forum and "Where will you rather be at this time?" should be properly formatted.
8. On the homepage, the Forum, Update and Bulk SMS, containers should either have a background colour or the titles should have a different colour(s) different from their descriptions. The images there should also come in colours.
9. "The Sign In/ Register" should be placed in a more obvious part of the website. And I think there should be a bait or incentive to sign up since the website is new.
10. "Website by Cyprex", should be fixed. It shows "http://.com/cyprexng.com"

To The Webmaster:
Just one month after completing a project of this nature, I think you can still review the website. Add more features if need be. From experience, you should ask for help or get other fellow webmasters involved. After all, at the end of the day, the project will land in your portfolio. The glory will be yours.

To The Project Owner:
Give the guy some time, try and reason with him constructively. Some people do not take criticisms. To your offline community, I think you should limit your interactions with them regarding the financial involvement in this project. Here is why, you came here to further ask for help on how to improve the website, if they have been of help to improve the website as much as they criticized the financial commitment of the project, you may not have likely come here. My brother, People will always talk!

I look forward to seeing a more interactive website.

illuminatic:

1. yes
2. a month
3. I told him I needed chat feature he said no problem but after adding the chat if someone is typing in the other end the second person will not know he is typing and I called him that the chat is not working like modern chat platform and he asked me if he is a facebook developer that will developed a chat that stands out like that of facebook and that is when the quarrel started till date.
4. not loading fast yet on mobile as agreed.
5. No but they told me paying sch amount in Nigeria will give you a site better than that.

Thank you for taking your time to come in.

1 Like

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2014
ZinoFego:
Here is my quick take after analyzing the website:

1. It should be optimized for mobile viewing.
2. Let the website have a logo placed somewhere that's obvious for others to see.
3. There should navigation menus on the homepage.
4. The chat platform should looked into. For instance, the scroll bar does not come up all the time to see all the persons available to chat.
5. The old topics or previous topics are way to many at a time, they should be paged.
6. The website's background colour should be changed.
7. "The Welcome to " Forum and "Where will you rather be at this time?" should be properly formatted.
8. On the homepage, the Forum, Update and Bulk SMS, containers should either have a background colour or the titles should have a different colour(s) different from their descriptions. The images there should also come in colours.
9. "The Sign In/ Register" should be placed in a more obvious part of the website. And I think there should be a bait or incentive to sign up since the website is new.
10. "Website by Cyprex", should be fixed. It shows "http://.com/cyprexng.com"

To The Webmaster:
Just one month after completing a project of this nature, I think you can still review the website. Add more features if need be. From experience, you should ask for help or get other fellow webmasters involved. After all, at the end of the day, the project will land in your portfolio. The glory will be yours.

To The Project Owner:
Give the guy some time, try and reason with him constructively. Some people do not take criticisms. To your offline community, I think you should limit your interactions with them regarding the financial involvement in this project. Here is why, you came here to further ask for help on how to improve the website, if they have been of help to improve the website as much as they criticized the financial commitment of the project, you may not have likely come here. My brother, People will always talk!

I look forward to seeing a more interactive website.

Thank you very much. Most of the things you listed are the things am arguing with the developer. This is the kind of review i need not general statement that the site is not ok without any tangible reason.

1 Like

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by cyrielo(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
your website is down !
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by moderattor: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
illuminatic:
Thank you very much. Most of the things you listed are the things am arguing with the developer. This is the kind of review i need not general statement that the site is not ok without any tangible reason.
Did you consult your initial developer with the new features mentioned by the new developer?
To add a chat to a simple machines forum like yours would only take a few clicks.
The module is free. all a developer needs is just to install it with a few clicks, no programming whatsoever. Ever wondered why your new developer couldn't improve it further?
Then you spent 420k! on a few clicks?
Thats...
That's cool.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
LOL @ 420K? grin grin
OP paid well but certainly not 420k. I believe he is trying to get your attention to review his site and he certainly did.

Now, @ZinoFego my respect for you just quadrupled grin You just have an honest and constructive cricticisms which to me is what this section is all about. Respect!
Let me then chip in that I made the site to be a customized CMS. The texts, font colors/sizes, background colors and all changeable by admin. The job of finding matching colors and font sizes now rests on the owner.Again the issue of chat platform that shows scrollbars when it likes grin is as the result of external javascsripts from Adverts interfering with js that shows it. I will find a way of reconciling them. Infact the sheer number of adverts on that site defeated some of the design aims but what can I do?

@CreativeWeb2, you used to be a good guy. What happened to you. Someone asked you to review a site and all you can say is crap?!! I think you are learning how to use that word in-context. When you preach to us about your wordpress exploits we listen to you patiently if it is boring. Now what do we have. It is not always about fights, ok? Be a good boy you used to be.

For those who saw an opportunity to latch unto a new job, I guess you are terribly disappointed. The issue of 1 month/2 months, refund etal might not actually be what they seem. lipsrsealed

Please more reviews..
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
moderattor:

Did you consult your initial developer with the new features mentioned by the new developer?
To add a chat to a simple machines forum like yours would only take a few clicks.
The module is free. all a developer needs is just to install it with a few clicks, no programming whatsoever. Ever wondered why your new developer couldn't improve it further?
Then you spent 420k! on a few clicks?
Thats...
That's cool.
Oga Dave how far? cool
By the way, his forum is not SMF. It is hand coded by munwaness! cheesy
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
that website is too "heavy" ......not responsive at all
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Jregz:
that website is too "heavy" ......not responsive at all
True. It responds only to 320px screen I think I should go for all screen sizes now.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
onyengbu:
True. It responds only to 320px screen I think I should go for all screen sizes now.
i think so too smiley smiley
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by moderattor: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
onyengbu:
I'm a mobile design expert.
Take a cue from one of my mobile designs.
brain tem. org
The site is very intelligent and smartly adjusts to screen sizes - phones, tablets and computers and projector displays.
If you minimize half way, it automatically rearranges and repackages everything accordingly without reloading.
The colors are friendly, the images are professionally sized, and the font is streamed straight from Google reserves.
One thing most people don't know is that its harder to.
Its harder to design the perfect interface than to code.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by CreativeWeb2: 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
@Onyengbu, I feel you. But you forgot to point out that I actually got it right by saying the Op didnt pay upto 420k. It's well anyway.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by CreativeWeb2: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
moderattor:

brain tem. org
The site is very intelligent and smartly adjusts to screen sizes - phones, tablets and computers and projector displays.
If you minimize half way, it automatically rearranges and repackages everything accordingly without reloading.
The colors are friendly, the images are professionally sized, and the font is streamed straight from Google reserves.

Nope. Not responsive at all. See the screenshots below. Again, you need to remove the fixed header on mobile. Just say, position:static on mobile so that the header will not cover some contents.

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
moderattor:

brain tem. org
Thanks but I know how to do responsive.

Its just I did it for only 320px.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
@Onyengbu, I feel you. But you forgot to point out that I actually got it right by saying the Op didnt pay upto 420k. It's well anyway.

Yea, you are right about that one. However, I can assure you its not about traffic for the guy. His site is already doing very very well. He promotes the site everywhere. At a point here in nairaland his advert was the only one running on webmasters section.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
moderattor:

Meanwhile your reviews are needed here >>> https://www.nairaland.com/1979870/start-up-review-socialreachng
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by fattbabakay(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
in other news, can u just reduce d adverts on that site, it's damn too jam-packed and distracting!!!
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
fattbabakay:
in other news, can u just reduce d adverts on that site, it's damn too jam-packed and distracting!!!
In the same news, the number of adverts on that site creeps even me out! grin
It just takes away the shine on my work on that site but what can I do?
It is not my friggin website!
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

Nope. Not responsive at all. See the screenshots below. Again, you need to remove the fixed header on mobile. Just say, position:static on mobile so that the header will not cover some contents.
grin
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

Another of my client is asking for reviews here >>> https://www.nairaland.com/1979870/start-up-review-socialreachng

Please will you be there for us too? smiley
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by moderattor: 2:30am On Nov 04, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

thanks for your observations.
I have two comments.
1. The screen shots you posted are for PC where you minimized the browser of four PC to the size of a mobile phone, i hope you observed that the content was rearranging and repackaging as you did so on your pic .Meanwhile I don't think anybody would be browsing by minimizing their PC browser to that extent.
Its a different thing from actually visiting the site through a mobile phone.
2. I'm not sure you visited with a mobile phone. There is no fixed header on mobile phone and the header does not cover content on mobile phone. If you are sure you actually observed this, pls post screenshots of mobile phone and be kind enough to mention the phone used. Thanks.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 8:53am On Nov 04, 2014
moderattor:
thanks for your observations.
I have two comments.
1. The screen shots you posted are for PC where you minimized the browser of four PC to the size of a mobile phone, i hope you observed that the content was rearranging and repackaging as you did so on your pic .Meanwhile I don't think anybody would be browsing by minimizing their PC browser to that extent.
Its a different thing from actually visiting the site through a mobile phone.
2. I'm not sure you visited with a mobile phone. There is no fixed header on mobile phone and the header does not cover content on mobile phone. If you are sure you actually observed this, pls post screenshots of mobile phone and be kind enough to mention the phone used. Thanks.
No you are wrong. Unless you designed a separate mobile site with its own css, if the header is fixed on a minimized pc screen, it will be fixed on a mobile phone. Except you are talking opera mini and uc browsers which renders without your own site css.

The bottom scrollbar is what he means by not being responsive. If they are there, then some elements were not re-adjusted to match the screen size.

I thought you are a "mobile expert", you should know this.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by lucky80: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2014
GodMode:

Nope... He doesn't... his site is already popular and raking income... I've been watching and analysing the site since he started his advertising campaign.
Am I the only one who sees a lie here?

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

Enlighten me
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

As as in how. are you inside the site? Nonsense
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by lucky80: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
illuminatic:
As as in how. are you inside the site? Nonsense
GodMode:

Enlighten me
First of all, GodMode = illuminatic = One Person (it's quite obvious)
Secondly, if you look at that image very well, you'll see that there are names that are repeated.
Thirdly if you look again, there are about 120000 online guests. That times 4 of Nairaland's average online guests which is not possible. Why deceive people?

For the records I registered on the forum and the activation url I received was incorrect I had to change something before it worked. I also discovered you have quite a good number of spam members registered.

My Advice: Quit telling lies to yourself and ignorant people, sit down and come up with something honest, then try again. People like you never end well. There's no fast lane in Internet Business... If you fail to take my advice, you'll end up wasting all the money you are currently spending on ads.

Finally, don't be in a haste to make money. Take down all your ads for now (they are too too much) and focus on growing your forum. I hope you do listen to me. BTW whoever designed that website for you does not want you to succeed. I have more suggestions if you appreciate the ones above anyway...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

Secondly, if you look at that image very well, you'll see that there are names that are repeated.
Thirdly if you look again, there are about 120000 online guests. That times 4 of Nairaland's average online guests which is not possible. Why deceive people?

For the records I registered on the forum and the activation url I received was incorrect I had to change something before it worked. I also discovered you have quite a good number of spam members registered.

My Advice: Quit telling lies to yourself and ignorant people, sit down and come up with something honest, then try again. People like you never end well. There's no fast lane in Internet Business... If you fail to take my advice, you'll end up wasting all the money you are currently spending on ads.

Finally, don't be in a haste to make money. Take down all your ads for now (they are too too much) and focus on growing your forum. I hope you do listen to me. BTW whoever designed that website for you does not want you to succeed. I have more suggestions if you appreciate the ones above anyway...

Thank you for pointing out the bolded part. That was my fault and I have fixed it.

I cant say if GodMode = illuminatic but fact remains that the website is growing and doing pretty well. It wasnt my doing and I am not involved in the revenue generation drive so I am not trying to take credit for that.

Spam registrations do occur on any website and it is meaningless to say that the owner will allow it deliberately. I mean thats the reason for the small captcha on the registration page.
Finally, why not tell him "HOW" the WHOEVER DESIGNED THAT WEBSITE does not want him to succeed. Thats the essence of him creating the topic.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

I don't know illuminatic and I've never met him... I only study the site stats and rankings cos the owner is advertising it. The spam is his problem

In summary,
The owner is doing one of the things I would have done if I had the capital that's why I'm studying it.

Thanks but I don't need your advice... Cos I'm cramming internet marketing and with what I've learnt so far... its very easy to out rank nairaland,linda ikeji,bellanaija e.t.c if u have the capital.

And if I have the capital I'm sure as heaven I won't be starting a site cos there are much easier ways to earn online.

For the record:
If u have the capital... There's definitely a fastlane to internet success.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by onyengbu: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
GodMode:

I don't know illuminatic and I've never met him... I only study the site stats and rankings cos the owner is advertising it. The spam is his problem
Dont bother replying him, I think its me he is trying to attack.
I just checked his profile and I can confirm to you he is one of the miscreants that has been stalking me.

A person who registered on nairaland this morning just to post this? If he wanted to criticize the site he will simply do that with his normal username and say whatever he wants to say.

Cant this guys get a life?
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

Could you please show me how many websites you have built and their rank on alexa.com? I don’t take advice from people like you, I only listen to constructive criticism not someone like you.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
lucky80:

Could you please show me how many websites you have built and their rank on alexa..com? I don’t take advice from people like you, I only listen to constructive criticism not someone like you.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
@ lucky80 Could you please show me how many websites you have built and their rank on alexa.com? I don’t take advice from people like you, I only listen to constructive criticism not someone like you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Most Profitable Niche To Start Blogging / Secrets Of Making Income While Working Online Using Feverr ,gigbuck Etc. / Assess To Udemy Premium Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.