Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,352 members, 7,839,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha (1853 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Reps Begin Probe Of EFCC Over N1tr Assets / Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
A fresh move has begun to impeach the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, by members loyal to embattled Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal, The Nation reports.

According to the report, the defection Speaker Tambuwal from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, has created a crack within the caucus of the PDP in the House.

It was gathered that the move to remove Ihedioha as deputy Speaker of the House was borne out of his alleged disloyalty to Tambuwal, whom those planning the move claimed has been protecting Ihedioha.

Tambuwal loyalists are poised to counter any moves aimed at removing the Speaker, the report stated.

The pro-Tambuwal lawmakers that cut across the PDP and the APC are threatening that Ihedioha would be the first casualty of the ongoing drama in the House, if an attempt to reconvene the plenary ever succeeded.

Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha.

Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha.

A source informed that it baffled the lawmakers that Ihedioha would move to reconvene the House to pave way for the removal of Tambuwal at the instance of the Presidency.

He added that an impeachment motion against the Deputy Speaker is being drafted with many members signifying their interests to endorse the motion.

“We are alarmed at moves by the Deputy Speaker to reconvene the House somewhere this week in order to remove the Speaker.

“Therefore, we have resolved that Ihedioha will be the first casualty if he dares reconvene the House because he has been surviving because of Tambuwal’s protection.

“Most PDP members from the north and all APC members are in support of removing him.

“He survived several moves to oust him because Tambuwal and some powerful northern members have been protecting him but now that he is being pushed to bite the very finger that is feeding him, his days as deputy speaker are numbered.

Speaker Aminu Tambuwal

Speaker Aminu Tambuwal

“Unlike Tambuwal, Ihedioha does not have any personal touch with members. But the Speaker has touch and contacts with all the 360 constituencies in the country.

“Former Deputy Speaker Bayero Nafada was not like Ihedioha, his was always filled with members.

“Even members from Ihedioha’s zone in the Southeast are with us in this project which makes it easy for us to get the 240 votes to impeach him,” the source, who pleaded anonymity, said.

It would be recalled that Tambuwal had gone to court to challenge an attempt to remove him as the Speaker of the House of Reps following his defection to the APC from PDP.

http://www.naij.com/315494-reps-begin-move-to-impeach-ihedioha.html

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
shachris03:

Tambuwal, whom those planning the move claimed has been protecting Ihedioha Tambuwal and some powerful northern members have been protecting him but now that he is being pushed to BITE THE VERY FINGER THAT IS FEEDING HIM, his days as deputy speaker are numbered.
can someone dig the above?

Disaster looms if these northerners sieze power..i hope those hungry and noice making amalas are clapping for themselves...

2 Likes

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by tit(f): 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
Good move by the Tambuwalists.
they should reconvene to house and impeach Ihedioha maza maza!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Cope1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
politics is a dirty game.lets c wat d outcome of dis wil be
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by dunkem21(m): 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Impeach Ihedioha with minority votes?

This is why power can never get to APC.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by collynzo82: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rexxie:

can someone dig the above?

Disaster looms if these northerners sieze power..i hope those hungry and noice making amalas are clapping for themselves...

Yes and the akpu eating flattties are watching as well.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
the kind of nonsense people dump in the media is out of this world

Tambuwal does not control 3/5 majority in the house, let alone 2/3. Tambuwal does not have the numbers to impeach Ihedioha just as Ihedioha does not have the numbers to impeach Tambuwal.

Tambuwal and his gang are simply scared and threatning Ihedioha because they think attack is the best form of defence.

If Tambuwal does not do the right thing and resign he will be sacked by the courts.

If Tambuwal wants to hold the whole of Nigeria to ransom let him go ahead and shut down Government and the legislative process.

How the PDP can fight back is liaise with the courts to setlle this quickly but Presidency can veto every bill coming from the House until this issue gets resolved.

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Raiders: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
I feel sorry for Emeka Ihediaho because he has so much to lose. I heard he is planning to contest for PDP Gubernatorial Election and he is one of the leading candidate the party ticket. I bet PDP will tell him to remove Tambuwal or forget the PDP ticket and he will not also like to been seen by members of the house rep as the presidency hatchet-man. This is the reason he denied that he visited the speaker home yesterday . Tambuwal don't really have much to lose even if he is removed as speaker because he has already been promise the APC governorship ticket and I think he is going to win the general elections because he is going to get sympathy votes from the people of Sokoto who don't like GEJ plus he also have the support the Governor of Sokoto . So even If he is removed as Speaker today it will likely not affect his political career because his tenure as Speaker almost over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Raiders:
I feel sorry for Emeka Ihediaho because he has so much to lose. I heard he is planning to contest for PDP Gubernatorial Election and he is one of the leading candidate the party ticket. I bet PDP will tell him to remove Tambuwal or forget the PDP ticket and he will not also like to been seen by members of the house rep as the presidency hatchet-man. This is the reason he denied that he visited the speaker home yesterday . Tambuwal don't really have much to lose even if he is removed as speaker because he has already been promise the APC governorship ticket and I think he is going to win the general elections because he is going to get sympathy votes from the people of Sokoto who don't like GEJ plus he also have the support the Governor of Sokoto . So even If he is removed as Speaker today it will likely not affect his political career because his tenure as Speaker almost over.

It is not Emeka Ihedioha's fight, Presidency and PDP should excuse him from this one

the court should decide
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by hardywaltz(m): 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Raiders:
Exactly
I forsee Ihedioha losing in the primaries and may very well turn against the Presidency.
Tambuwal has played a fast one on every body...

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by coolscott(m): 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Raiders: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
mikeansy:
the kind of nonsense people dump in the media is out of this world

Tambuwal does not control 3/5 majority in the house, let alone 2/3. Tambuwal does not have the numbers to impeach Ihedioha just as Ihedioha does not have the numbers to impeach Tambuwal.

Tambuwal and his gang are simply scared and threatning Ihedioha because they think attack is the best form of defence.

If Tambuwal does not do the right thing and resign he will be sacked by the courts.

If Tambuwal wants to hold the whole of Nigeria to ransom let him go ahead and shut down Government and the legislative process.

How the PDP can fight back is liaise with the courts to setlle this quickly but Presidency can veto every bill coming from the House until this issue gets resolved.
What you failed to realized is that Tambuwal has support from some Northern PDP house members and almost all the APC members. As long as Tambuwal has the support of the Northern PDP caucus he is save. Like you know, PDP has always been a divided party and I don't see all the PDP members in the house voting against Tambuwal. PDP has never been in control of the House of Rep. most are just PDP members on paper and dont always follow the party instructions. An example was during the election for speaker in 2011, most voted against PDP choice and that is why Tambuwal became speaker. PDP only hope to remove the speaker is through the courts but the speaker tenure is almost over and and it will take months before the court decide on the case so it is a win win situation for the speaker.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by tit(f): 1:40am On Nov 03, 2014
Raiders:
What you failed to realized is that Tambuwal has support from some Northern PDP house members and almost all the APC members. As long as Tambuwal has the support of the Northern PDP caucus he is save. Like you know, PDP has always been a divided party and I don't see all the PDP members in the house voting against Tambuwal. PDP has never been in control of the House of Rep. most are just PDP members on paper and dont always follow the party instructions. An example was during the election for speaker in 2011, most voted against PDP choice and that is why Tambuwal became speaker. PDP only hope to remove the speaker is through the courts but the speaker tenure is almost over and and it will take months before the court decide on the case so it is a win win situation for the speaker.

all PDP has to do is offer the speakership to another NW house member and Tambuwal is toast.
Ihedioha may have to step down as deputy speaker but he can get the Imo guber ticket as reward.
In the real sense, what is at stake here is bragging rights.
Tambuwal is not coming back to the house, he wants to be sokoto governor.
Ihedioha is not coming back to the house, he wants to be imo governor.
None of them really need the speakership or deputy speakership.
They have milked 80% of the privileges and benefits that go with those posts.
Anybody urging them to sight tight on these posts is a loser.

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by kokoA(m): 1:49am On Nov 03, 2014
tit:

all PDP has to do is offer the speakership to another NW house member and Tambuwal is toast.
Ihedioha may have to step down as deputy speaker but he can get the Imo guber ticket as reward.
In the real sense, what is at stake here is bragging rights.
Tambuwal is not coming back to the house, he wants to be sokoto governor.
Ihedioha is not coming back to the house, he wants to be imo governor.
None of them really need the speakership or deputy speakership.
They have milked 80% of the privileges and benefits that go with those posts.
Anybody urging them to sight tight on these posts is a loser.
you think it's that easy for PDP to remove Tanbuwal and they have not done it since? Knowing fully well that this guy has been sympathetic to APC for the past two years now.
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by tit(f): 2:11am On Nov 03, 2014
kokoA:
you think it's that easy for PDP to remove Tanbuwal and they have not done it since? Knowing fully well that this guy has been sympathetic to APC for the past two years now.

It is not a matter of easy to remove tambuwal,
PDP could not move against a PDP tambuwal.
That would be unnecessary infighting
And Tambuwal knew that.

Tambuwal could have kept being a fly in the ointment for PDP till May 2015,
but unfortunately he has ambition
to be president or governor.

When he saw he was too much of a light weight to be APC presidential candidate
despite being egged on by many losers like OBJ,
Qualifying for APC gubernatorial primaries became his deadline.

with his defection, he has made his double dealing plain
and pdp can now take off the kid-gloves in dealing with him.

Cunning-man die, cunning-man bury am.

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 03, 2014
collynzo82:

Yes and the akpu eating flattties are watching as well.
extreme stupidity is ur adjective..
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 03, 2014
2015 is getting more interesting as the days go by. One thing i know for sure is, GEJ wont have it so smooth as he earlier thought.
Re: Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha by dotna(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2014
Seems there's so much to gain from Speaker office even though election just few months away. barely up to a year !

(1) (Reply)

Please Circulate Until It Gets To The Remotest Voter In Nigeria!!!! / GRAPHIC: Commissioner (HASC), Tobby Onyekele Murdered In Cold Blood In Owerri. / Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.