Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka (8061 Views)

France Is Currently Bombing Nigeria Heavily Today 4th Feb 2015 / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others / BOMB-SHELL! The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan- Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Mekateka: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
wakacome:
then the VICE PRESIDENT should be the number one suspect since he is among them??instead of you people to tell GEJ and his people to fight the war against terrorism you people are busy making excuse for their stupidity and lack of vision and foresight....so what it means now is that if the northerners as wole soyinka claimed continue to sponsor boko haram then it means our Jonathan will not be able to do anything since putting blame on some certain part of the country is what he knows how to do best...why can't they deal with the people involved since they claim they know them??that shows how weak our government is...who cares whether the northerners are involved or not what nigerians are asking is for the government to provide us stable security and fight terrorism...and a government that cannot do that is a FAILURE...THERE WAS A COUNTRY
GEJ has failed the north and I'm very happy about that. The resources the past military leaders stole from the south to developed the north are now being bombed and destroyed daily by the same northerners just to discredit GEJ. Very very good development. Expect more God's punishments on those that conspired to kill KenSarowiwa and other Ogoni leaders.

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by GODDYGEE91(m): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
I doubt de credibility of this news bc I av neva heard dis man speak gud of GEJ nor FG. He has since lost his respect 4 engaging in party politics. But he is sayin d truth, notin but the truth
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
abacrested:
going through the comments, one realises you seems to be the only remaining fool bold enough to comment. I decided not to comment again on this forum because I realised that majority here are either ignorant of past and present happenings in Nigeria or they are being induced by the power hungry canals. Move around the country and you'll realise that in terms of infrastructure, we are improving. On my way to China on Saturday I saw massive work going on at MM2 lagos (ironically the same company doing the same pattern of work at ghuanzou international airport), the federal roads are better although work is still going on in every part of the country. You don't stay in one of the remote northern or southern states to misinform others because your opportuned to. The truth are been reveled gradually
nne??why did you call me a fool??is this because this is a faceless forum?where you the one the comment is meant for?was it because I stated my own opinion?or you already assume am a northerner??or stating my own opinion is now a crime?did I quoted you and insulted you?why the insult?ok continue insulting me and take a deep breath and feel happy about it and say to yourself "oh yes I just insulted someone on nairaland"have the fun while it lasts...odiegwu...and am sure you will be among those people shouting "one nigeria"now ask yourself are you practising what you preach?remember that is how boko haram also started,boko haram are tribalist,islamic fanatics and the rest....so for the fact that you are already tribalising the issue one ground says enough....have a nice day madam....
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by gsalvatore: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
The Northerners are very Funny, the average northerner doesn't know when their elite are playing with them..

Boko haram is simply the group bold enough to follow and practice the tenet of Islam to the core. kill all infidels and restore the rule of Allah which is sharia law...

But guess what, the Northerners will choose to blame a Christian especially from the south for their woes. If you think boko haram is spoiling your religion then come out bold and take it back, its your religion that is being tarnished but then you see folks like Atiku coming out on TV to tell Nigerians that the President ain't doing enough, what has he(Atiku) even done?

Its funny how they paint the president black for not doing enough abi he wan make GEJ carry AK enter Sambisa before him go know say work is being done ..

See them (Atiku,Buhari and co) Smelling like Roses when it comes to what's happening up north whereas these men did nothing for their people to avert things like these(insurgency, illiteracy) when they were in power.

well..Boko haram was killing Christians till they ran out of targets...the aftermath is what we are witnessing now.

A part of me wants boko haram to over run 2/3 of the North(very bad of me) so that the Muslims will get their Sharia they have always wanted,may it give them peace of mind as they worship Allah the Taliban style.

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by rosebowl01(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
I see a lot of people supporting the prof's position in this matter (I also agree completely with his point), my only surprise is; some of the people that are supporting the prof's position are the same that people that also try to crucify him anytime his opinion does not favor their bigoted ethnic interests. They even call him names when he disagrees with their dead poet that they always make noise of. Wait and see tomorrow, they will call him names because he made another valid point that opposes greediness etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
rosebowl01:
I see a lot of people supporting the prof's position in this matter (I also agree completely with his point), my only surprise is; some of the people that are supporting the prof's position are the same that people that also try to crucify him anytime his opinion does not favor their bigoted ethnic interests. They even call him names when he disagrees with their dead poet that they always make noise of. Wait and see tomorrow, they will call him names because he made another valid point that opposes greediness etc.
don't mind them!!!so many hypocrites on nairaland..

2 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by akereconfi: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
gsalvatore:
The Northerners are very Funny, the average northerner doesn't know when their elite are playing with them..

Boko haram is simply the group bold enough to follow and practice the tenet of Islam to the core. kill all infidels and restore the rule of Allah which is sharia law...

But guess what, the Northerners will choose to blame a Christian especially from the south for their woes. If you think boko haram is spoiling your religion then come out bold and take it back, its your religion that is being tarnished but then you see folks like Atiku coming out on TV to tell Nigerians that the President ain't doing enough, what has he(Atiku) even done?

Its funny how they paint the president black for not doing enough abi he wan make GEJ carry AK enter Sambisa before him go know say work is being done ..

See them (Atiku,Buhari and co) Smelling like Roses when it comes to what's happening up north whereas these men did nothing for their people to avert things like these(insurgency, illiteracy) when they were in power.

well..Boko haram was killing Christians till they ran out of targets...the aftermath is what we are witnessing now.

A part of me wants boko haram to over run 2/3 of the North(very bad of me) so that the Muslims will get their Sharia they have always wanted,may it give them peace of mind as they worship Allah the Taliban style.

You lyrically murdered this.

Reading this sweetens my soul grin

2 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by eunisam: 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
The caption is captivating.
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by gsalvatore: 12:16am On Nov 04, 2014
akereconfi:

That my Opinion bro.

#Offtopic: The red footwear. is it some of kind a fashion. statement?

1 Like

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by gsalvatore: 12:17am On Nov 04, 2014
akereconfi:

That my Opinion bro.

#Offtopic #profilepic: The red footwear. is it some of kind a fashion statement?
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by esere826: 12:58am On Nov 04, 2014
bad English used in the OP's article

naaaaaaa
this is certainly not from Prof Wole

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by akereconfi: 1:07am On Nov 04, 2014
gsalvatore:

That my Opinion bro.

#Offtopic #profilepic: The red footwear. is it some of kind a fashion statement?

Lol.....
Nah it's a style we rock here.

Air Max cool
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Gbawe: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
mikeansy:
Professor Wole Soyinka saying it as it is since 1914!!!!!

This is why "only fools rush in". Omenka got it spot on commenting about the'excitable' behaviour of TANdroids. Most intelligent and savvy Nigerians know that a rebuttal to this obvious lie will come yet Jonathanians will get excited because anything from a prominent Nigerian that appears to support our failed President, never mind how nonsensical such sounds, is welcomed enthusiastically and treated as gospel truth.

Bro, look before you leap next time. Soyinka is one of the most intelligent Nigerians out there. If it is obvious to those of us with lesser intelligence that no sensible person can claim prejudicially that "the North" is bombing Nigeria, when we all know it is a relatively small group of extremists not representative of the North, then how will Soyinka make such fundamentally inane mistake steeped in bigotry and senseless stereotyping which is the kind portraying all Northerners as terrorists? That sort of garbage is the product of TANdroids minds totally destroyed with prejudice and bigotry. If someone claims David Cameron stated that all black folks should stop robbing and mugging London would you believe him capable of saying that mainly because you are a fan of Ed Miliband? You guys, especially the so-called educated ones, should be ashamed of yourselves. No wonder Soyinka is furious.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/04/soyinka-denounces-jonathan-support-group-over-fabricated-report

Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report

Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has strongly denounced one of the groups campaigning for President Goodluck Jonathan’s reelection for attributing a fabricated report to him. The offensive report, published online by the Jonathan group, was titled, “The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan – Prof. Wole Soyinka”.

The report quoted the Nobel laureate as stating, “If the United States citizens decide to be bombing the USA everyday and ready to die, there is nothing Obama can do about it. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do.”

The fabricated report, which is full of grammatical errors, continued: “Here in the USA in Chicago to be precise more than 10 people are killed everyday and that’s the same thing. I am only worried that this is Abuja.

President Jonathan’s support group further credited the professor with stating, “There are people in power in certain parts of the country, leaders, who quite genuinely and authoritatively hate and cannot tolerate any religion outside their own. When you combine that with the ambitions of a number of people who believe they are divinely endowed to rule the country and who believe that their religion is above whatever else binds the entire nation together, and somehow the power appears to slip from their hands, then they resort to the most extreme measures. Youths who have been indoctrinated right from infancy can be used, and who have been used, again and again to create mayhem in the country. Those who have created this faceless army have lost control.”

[size=14pt]In a reaction obtained by SaharaReporters, an obviously outraged Professor Soyinka described the attempt by the “Goodluck Support Network” to link him to the spurious report as “unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly.”

He also stated that the group must be truly desperate to resort to despicable tactics of fabrication.

“This is an unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly fabrication,” said Professor Soyinka, adding, ‘“The Goodluck Support Network’ must be truly desperate to resort to such despicable tactics.”

Campaign groups close to President Jonathan have notoriously cloned websites, including SaharaReporters.com, and attributed a series of false statements to various people in a bid to whip up sentiments against the president’s political opponents or to portray the president as the victim of a vast conspiracy by northern political groups.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Gbawe: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
omenka:
And the resident Nairaland PDP e-combatants have been thrown into a frenzy!! cheesycheesy

Very hard to come by news that give any sort of positive account of their boss these days, so regardless of the authenticity of the source of the news, as long as it mentions a prominent Nigerian and doesn't say Jonathan is a failure, they would latch onto it with beligerent vitality!! cheesycheesy

First class news BLOG indeed!! Lmao!!

Even sincere9gerian showed up to take a piece of the pie as well. Times are really HARD. smiley

When I saw this your response a few days ago, I had to smile. I thought this bright dude, as I have done many times here, is about to embarrass a lot of TANDroids only programmed to blindly and desperately back anything that favours their messiah without engaging their brain. This is how they claimed Femi Falana endorsed GEJ by shamelessly and fraudulently presenting the utterance of Martins Elechi, Ebonyi Governor, as belonging to Falana. I immediately exposed them here on Nairaland and they all ran off.

I knew the eventual outcome of this would be similar to the "Falana endorsed GEJ" fraud. It was obvious Falana, knowing his character and style, would not write those things same as it is inane to think Soyinka would produce an error-ridden diatribe which bigotedly presents the "North" as bombing Nigeria. When did Soyinka become like the ethnocentric disgustingly prejudiced TANdroids who interpret the actions of individuals or groups to indicate the behaviour of an entire region or ethnic group? Trust TANdroids not to be intelligent enough to note that one cannot suddenly call Mike Tyson a ballet dancer simply because such suits the deceit they wish to pull off. Disgusting.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/04/soyinka-denounces-jonathan-support-group-over-fabricated-report

2 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
That is the truth and nothing but the truth. After all, sovereignty lies with the people. If certain people, because of religion, chose bokoharam over Nigeria, then there's nothing the commander in chief or the military can do about that. After all in some countries, the people have forced their president to either resign or flee the country. The president is also an ordinary human being with no supernatural powers.

Anyway, Now that the cease fire has failed due to bokoharam reneging, may God punish any Northerner or any Nigerian who talks of negotiations, carrot and stick, soft approach or compares bokoharam with Nigeria Delta militancy.

Meanwhile, I expect APC dogs to avoid this thread because they are ENEMIES of the truth

Are you not ashamed of yourself now? Prejudiced fool. Why would any sensible person, let alone Wole Soyinka, say "the North is bombing Nigeria" when we all know it is Boko Haram extremists, and perhaps even Niger Delta militants as claimed by Okah, guilty of such? This development show the desperation of you TANDroids to steal the 'backing'of popular and respected Nigerians for your rejected, ultra-corrupt and failed messiah most decent and upright Nigerians are totally fed-up of. Soyinka is not a prejudiced Christian or anti-North bigot like most TANdroids. This, to intelligent Nigerians, should have been the biggest clue that a statement is completely and patently false when it purports that Soyinka claimed the "North" is bombing Nigeria. JonaMumus, desperados since time immemorial.

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by collynzo82: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
That is the truth and nothing but the truth. After all, sovereignty lies with the people. If certain people, because of religion, chose bokoharam over Nigeria, then there's nothing the commander in chief or the military can do about that. After all in some countries, the people have forced their president to either resign or flee the country. The president is also an ordinary human being with no supernatural powers.

Anyway, Now that the cease fire has failed due to bokoharam reneging, may God punish any Northerner or any Nigerian who talks of negotiations, carrot and stick, soft approach or compares bokoharam with Nigeria Delta militancy.

Meanwhile, I expect APC dogs to avoid this thread because they are ENEMIES of the truth

Shameless dog, may God punish you and all your family. You are an enemy of this country and you deserve nothing but sorrow and painful death. Keep spreading hate, it will backfire one day and consume you all. Useless paid agent.

2 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Gbawe: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
collynzo82:

Shameless dog, may God punish you and all your family. You are an enemy of this country and you deserve nothing but sorrow and painful death. Keep spreading hate, it will backfire one day and consume you all. Useless paid agent.

Don't mind him. Absolutely wretched and vile creature. At which stage do decent Nigerians put ethnic and religious prejudice aside to proclaim, in a united and unanimous manner, that GEJ ,over 5 long years, has failed and needs to leave? Did even GEJ himself not say that Nigerians should run him out of office if he fails to make epileptic power supply a thing of the past in four years?

This is what frustrates me about Nigeria that I do not see anywhere else i.e our ethnocentric tolerance of misrule and mediocrity once such comes from our kinsman or an individual we are affiliated to via sectional considerations like religion. Worldwide, it is never a crime to vote a failure into power. Most people can be given the benefit of the doubt because of the notion that they assumed the individual they voted for will perform.

What sets Nigeria aside is how our nation has raised many bigots who will continue to praise-sing and worship monumentally failed leadership that has caused misery everywhere and delivered no solution at all to the major problems ailing Nigeria. In Ghana for example, Dramani Mahama is as good as gone in 2016 unless he revives the economic fortunes of Ghana, improves the worsening electricity challenge facing the nation and tackles runaway inflation which is leaving far less money in the pockets of Ghanaians than was the case two years ago. With Nigeria, everything has to be diluted with sentiments, ethnic jingoism and religious bigotry when we should simply be a result-driven polity that only cares about performance which has tangibly improved the lives of Nigerians. Very sad when it is educated Nigerians, like the disgraced charlatan you quoted, who contribute to the worsening of our problems.

3 Likes

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Akanbiedu(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
LOL @ Gbawe asking sentimental intellectual to look before leaping.
Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by Gbawe: 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Akanbiedu:
LOL @ Gbawe asking sentimental intellectual to look before leaping.

grin grin grin I know right? Asking for the impossible really. Hopeless cases the lot of them. There is something in the water TANdroids and Jonathanians drink.

My brother, how are you? Have a blessed week.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment / How President Buhari Can Effectively Deploy His Ministerial Nomiees / ISWAP Terrorists Abduct 15 Passengers, Including Aid Workers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.