Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria (38407 Views)

10 Nigerian Universities With The Best Graduates In The Work Place By (ajahexcel / Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by hefty4real(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2014
U guyz can talk about best graduates of some school and blah blah blah, yet they are being rejected by employers.
Who tell una say na school cert den dey take see work these days, make una go find one technical skill learn

4 Likes

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by ikweremilitant: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:
Top 5 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria By Graduate Quality

I have seen graduates from many schools in nigeria but I can bet you that graduates from the universities listed below always stand out among their peers in terms of excellent and discipline in their work places.

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

Also for poly I will say there is just one
1. AUCHI poly
op you are biased if u rate auchi over nekede,kadpoly,nd yabatech.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Henrypraise: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2014
P.T.I (petroleum training institute) in effurun delta state is d best school in nigeria in terms of engineering courses. D praticality de deal wit is so immense n no anoda sch can compare wit it, little wonder dia graduate control d oil n gas sector.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Bigdreams(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Personally, I think the school you attend matters but not to a large extent.

What matters most is what you do with yourself.

Bragging about one school being better than the other does not and will not put food on your table.

It is your skill(s) that will set you out in the work place.

I recently started a thread titled Enhancing Your Employability - A Comprehensive Career & Job Hunting Guide which can be found here ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1905996/enhancing-employability-comprehensive-career-job

I believe that thread will definitely open your eyes to the fact that it is not the school you go to that matters but the value you bring when all chips are down.

Here is the link once again: https://www.nairaland.com/1905996/enhancing-employability-comprehensive-career-job
.......................................................................................................................................

For those who are interested in getting the edge during recruitment exercises, I can craft a professional CV that stands you out from the rest.

Please visit this thread here ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1802532/professional-cv-rewrite-corps-members on nairaland to read the testimonials of people whom I have crafted professional CVs for and how to order for yours.

Cheers.

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by theMusicNerd(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=Bale1 post=27686152]Top 5 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria By Graduate Quality

I have seen graduates from many schools in nigeria but I can bet you that graduates from the universities listed below always stand out among their peers in terms of excellent and discipline in their work places.

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. UNIBEN

Wait oooo... What'd u guys expect Even the UNN slogan says :'A UNN GRADUATE IS AHEAD OF YOU NATURALLY'.... And they mean what they say. #LIONS
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by yormite: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
Top 5 Best school in Nigeria;
1. OOU( Olabisi Onabanjo University)
2. OSU( Ogun State University)
3.OOU( Olabisi Onabanjo University)
4.OSU( Ogun State University)
5. OOU(Olabisi Onabanjo University)

Thank you
abi now Greatest oouites where d. Best and rugged intellectuals are made which dept?

1 Like

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by mowah: 11:03am On Nov 04, 2014
wierdpsycho:

Phooooool............... so out of the 6 million graduates lag had,produced since 1963.. all are useless abi?......... thunda .will faya u if u quote me to say nansense......... idiaat
big lie.
unilag has only produced 208,346 graduates since 1962.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Crispels(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2014
What of LASU??

The schoool were barristers are made
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by hardbody: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

1. AUCHI poly

No Problem. I did not graduate from those Schools mentioned above neither has my Uni been 'recognized' by the OP. One thing is certain, any graduate trainee seeking for a job after graduating from any of those Universities mentioned must first disown the thrash that has been posted there before he can get the shortlist to come for a written test in my organization. We will then know who is who and who has the power.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by XwhY(m): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2014
Time for everyone to register their schools. You just registered yours. Who wouldn't be proud of his/her school.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by hardbody: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
abheey11:
I'm nw convinced dat d pple I dis houx r bias and easternax. Hw culd u av include unn in dat list? Gt sumtn clear nw. D best skool in nigeria is unilag, dereafta u can cal oau and ui. Hw can u include unn dat produces local graduates dat cabt even speak proper english witout u knwoing dem b omo ibo. Abegi.... Any unilag product r alwaiz expose,veri sound, intelignt and smart in evri areas of life, and dats wot educatn is all about. Educatn simply means to be enlightend. Bt wen u talk of unn product, infact dy can yellow shirt on red trouser... If u r educatd, it must afect evri area of ur life and pple must c it in u....

Now can you write in English Language? I picked up a Masters Degree from MAULAG (former UNILAG) and head knowledge acquisition was zero. I struggled not to lose what i had learnt in my first degree from a not very popular UNI because a lot of you do not know anywhere outside Shagamu.

1 Like

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by austinslimzy(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2014
Federal polytechnic Nekede owerri..is one of d best poly in nigeria...check ur site if u ve one plsss
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Emodeee: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2014
kristen12:
You guys aren't sure of what you're
posting. You're just posting trash because it making front page. Get
facts before you open any thread

so far u exist, i ll chase ma dreams@ur DP
BABY let's roll 2gether lyk tyre.. M tripping lyk m travelling to U.s
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by bamdexfarms(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2014
hausadreturn:
Yabatech? Not close....not @ all

Do ur research very well, yabatech is the best poly, no wonder Yabatech and kad poly are the first poly that will soon be converted to universities.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by tropaz(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2014
Lautech nko?
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2014
The difference between a private and public/federal school student is just too clear. Presentation, English and grammatical structure and overall packaging. Please note I'm not talking about intellectual smartness but overall brilliance.

SOURCE: NYSC and Work experience
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

1. AUCHI poly

where is FUNAAB
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by laykhorn(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

1. AUCHI poly

Covenant University shouldn't be on that list. I once had a friend who studied Computer Science was on Internship and didn't know Python is a programming language, even her construction of sentences was really bad... She spoke pidgin most of the time and most strangely, she is a 4-pointer.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by modextus(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
learnine:
I have seen graduates from many schools in nigeria but I can bet you that graduates from the universities listed below always stand out among their peers in terms of excellent and discipline in their work place

1.UNN
2.UI
3.OAU
4.Unilorin
5.CONVENANT UNIVERSITY

federal polytechnic idah also produces quality graduates
hell yeah your right!

1 Like

Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by lanxlot(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

1. AUCHI poly
this is what we refer 2 as an anectodal statement in psychology. hw many graduates av u seen? a statement nt backed up by fact, baseless, based On hearsay.....sorry, m new here but frm My observations I think there is much reporting 2 do. trends riddled with insults. but not 2 worry, adaptation is one among d chief charactaristics of our being.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by adexcharo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
UNIJOS
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY
6. UNIJOS
1. AUCHI poly
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Penboy: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
mandarin:
These are the sort of topics I like to see on this forum instead of inter ethnic controversial topics. These will help the young ones take informed decisions about their educational pursuits,so responses should be matured and argued with facts.
Let me make a little contribution.Quite a number of factors determine the quality of university/polytechnic graduates,let me mention a few:
1. Good infrastructures
2.Good and experienced teachers
3.Good research programs
4.Deployments of technology and adaptation of latest techniques
5. Determination of students to succeed****which is a great factors.
6.How the institution improve the social and psychological developments of the student
Based on my years of experience, performances in the corporate sector and class contributions.
In general performance needed in corporate world which include working intuition, confidence, technology adaptation and matching skills, its not just about a first class(this is good majorly in engineering and medical sciences) but exceptional graduates may not necessarily be the most bookish.
I think Unilag graduates are confident and quite adaptable and any one that finish from that school with self determination will be good, I have good ones around me and the school leads in areas of business graduates alongside LBS.
UI and OAU grads are excellent as well while schools as Uniben,UNAD, LAUTECH and FUTA, FUTO,FUTMINNA are good as well.
The Polytechnic Ado,Ibadan, Bida and Yabatech are competitive as well.
Convenant and Babcock, RUN are new but their products are good at least based on practical experience.
I can bet that around 90s till like 97 graduate of some students that got admission into some states universities were exceptionally good because they were the ones that got between 170 and 198 when federal schools up their entry marks to 200 as conducted by research group in FUTA and so all those students went to state schools.
I have also met IMSU students that were good but some not too good.I think Kaduna polytechnic is also good.
I think with your analysis, OAU comes first.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by simplisity(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
I.M.T Enugu is one of d best polytechnics in Nigeria. Som yrs back one of the student won d best art work in west Africa.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Elevation(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ahmadu Bello University,Zaria the most cosmopolitan where all the 36 states in Nigeria are duely represented,little wonder ABU Zaria has the most intimidating alumni in Nigeria.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by sukpehi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri is number one
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
seguntijan:

There's is no that company that you won't find 20-30% of their workers as unilag alumni either @ undergraduate level or post graduate level. And also I have come to realize that most unilag student started making it while in school, so there really don't go into labour market like that, most of them go into money market. Its a privilege to let you know that unilag students are employers people like Lanre(sugarbrand), Babajide olojede, muhammed camara,tayoblog, shogbamu oluwaseun(google ccan help you for more info about this niggas) etc these r individuals that have strives to make it and presently employing people like you, and other students from other school. The enterpreneurship programs in the school are to much for you to find most unilag students in your category.
Do you need someone to supervise your building constructions works while ensuring quality works at a good price at the shortest period of time and it will be delivered safely? Contact shelter consult on 08024393535,09093622151,26F2017E
why are you typing this epistle to me as though i need to read it 4 my final year exams?.....nah mehn....and your last paragraph really amused me....you are probably a graduate of UNILAG...how come you are out of job and desperately ready to do bricklaying work for my mansion in the making?
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by kingsclass: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bale1:

1.UNN
2. UI
3. OAU
4. UNILORIN
5. COVENANT UNIVERSITY

1. AUCHI poly
. In my opinion,my rating goes like this:
1. University of Ibadan
2. OAU
3. UNIBEN
4. UNN
5. UNILORIN
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Abdulazeez296(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
tosyne2much:
you took the words out of my mouth

I don't agree with this assertion.Self development is all that matters in life regardless of your institution
Kwara state polytechnic too produced good graduate.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by Abdulazeez296(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
For polytechnic I would say Kwara state polytechnic
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by kristen12(f): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Emodeee:

so far u exist, i ll chase ma dreams@ur DP
BABY let's roll 2gether lyk tyre.. M tripping lyk m travelling to U.s
Hehehehecheesy funny dudegringrin, oshe
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by zicoy6k: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimedge:
Where is UNIBEN? This list is skewed and therefore should be disregarded. Uniben's students are lights in darkness and we always prove our intellects where every where go...UP UNIBEN!!!
And u av proven urr great intellect with dis ur post.
Re: Universities & Polytechnics With The Best Graduates In Nigeria by fuke(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
A list of outstanding polys in Nigeria without Fed Poly Ede is incomplete.
A damn good school.
Disciplined students and teachers with sound academic and moral teachings.
I should know because all my sons went there.
They were all given balanced education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / How To Spread Your Song And Become Popular / EFCC Arrests Adebiyi Daramola FUTA VC And Bursar, Oresegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.