Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,420 members, 7,839,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

walked 14km everyday for about five years labaran Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / walked 14km everyday for about five years labaran Maku (434 Views)

'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

walked 14km everyday for about five years labaran Maku by abbakacici: 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
‘I don’t know my birthday’
The former Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku who left office recently to pursue gubernatorial ambition in Nasarawa State, told his story during a church thanksgiving service.
Maku’s antics as minister would sure irritate anyone, and in same measure, the peculiar story of his life would excite and inspire you.

With the power of the garb, he put it in his testimony at the church that having walked 14km everyday for about five years of his primary education, it was likely the distance he covered was enough to equal the circumference of the earth.

On the day Maku was born in his village, his dad was the birth attendant to his wife. Considering the circumstance of his birth, there was no record of his birth, so the minister has no birthday. He says everyday is his birthday.

Some years after his birth, a tussle ensued in his family on why he should not be taken to school by the catholic priest because such was punishment not meant for an only son of his mother in a polygamy setting. By what he called substitution, he was picked for the ‘punishment’ instead of his half-brother from another mother.

Another Shoeless Impecunious Aspirant

The last time someone was sentimentally elected based on the fact that he had no shoes, y'all know what the outcome was.

Obviously Labaran Maku is trying to replay that trick, but unfortunately we are all living witnesses of that error of commission and omission.

Labaran Maku failed to tell us whether he was shoeless when he circumnavigated the earth in search of basic education. That's not a big deal because most of our parents trekked a great deal in their quest for primary education in the days of yore.

As per his confession of not knowing his exact date of birth, perhaps he should be reminded that he is not alone because most of our parents did not know their exact date of birth, and all they did was to adopt a date and stick to it due to non availability of record of birth when they were conceived.

It beat the shits outta me as I try to ratiocinate the motive behind this tales by moonlight by Labaran Maku.

The good people of Nasarawa state are hereby warned not to repeat the mistake of history by voting for a Governor because he has no shoe and had to trek shoelessly round the earth circumference in his quest for basic education.

A word is enough for the wise!

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Pool- Should Jonathan Be Impeached ? / Permanent Voters Card Collection: What Is The Situation Report In Your Area? / My Own Research.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.