Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court (1641 Views)

Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / New PDP/APC Merger: ‘tambuwal Remains Speaker, For Now’ • (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by rhazur(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday ruled that the status quo in the House of Representatives should be maintained.
The ruling means that the embattled House of Representatives Speaker, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, would remain Speaker until the House reconvenes on December 3.
The court also ruled that the Speaker could not be removed and and that the House could not reconvene until the said December 3 date.
The court will resume hearing on the substantive case on Friday.

Source: www.channelstv.com/2014/11/03/tambuwal-remains-speaker-till-december-federal-high-court/
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by amattahcj(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Good
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by olapluto(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Can the highly knowledgeable Police IG now do the needful and return his security to him. GEJ forced to eat the humble pie again for his lack of clue.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by hazyfm: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Good news for DEMOCRACY
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by hazyfm: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
olapluto:
Can the highly knowledgeable Police IG now do the needful and return his security to him. GEJ forced to eat the humble pie again for his lack of clue.

THE POLICE CHIEF REQUIRES URGENT BRAIN SURGERY

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
OK thats good.

The police IG should immediately re-instate Tambuwal's security aides

That said I dont understand why the court needs until friday to commence proceedings on the substantive case.

I hope the court deals with the substantive case as swiftly as it has issued this injunction. Let us see how the court will interprete section 68 (1)g of the constitution and I hope all sides respect the judgement of the court or challenge it at a higher court
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by macpetrus(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ok... Till december after that..

Impeachment
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by agriboom: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
SaTANs and PDP how far na?
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by size38: 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
PDP is a lawless political party. They are pained by this court decision. Even after december, Tambuwal will still remain the speaker till may 29, 2015.
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by size38: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
PDP is a lawless political party. They are pained by this court decision. Even after december, Tambuwal will still remain the speaker till may 29, 2015. because PDP don't have up to 240 members to Impeach Tambuwal. Even some PDP law makers from the north who have personal rapport with Tambuwal outside politics will not endorse his impeachment. So PDP should just forget their plans. After all, they gained Mimiko and lost Tambuwal. Its 1-1.
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
lolzzZZ! seems PDP is gradually losing her ALMIGHTY grip of judiciary, security, legislators.... etc. nothing last 4ever. NOW PIG DICK PIG abi wetin u call ya name!!! Get out of Aso rock now!!!!!!!!!gringringrin

BUHARI is coming!!!!!!!!!
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kessyy2k4:
lolzzZZ! seems PDP is gradually losing her ALMIGHTY grip of judiciary, security, legislators.... etc. nothing last 4ever. NOW PIG DICK PIG abi wetin u call ya name!!! Get out of Aso rock now!!!!!!!!!gringringrin

BUHARI is coming!!!!!!!!!

OBJ's PDP lost to Atiku at the courts in 2007

nothing new!
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by simplyOJ(m): 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
macpetrus:
Ok... Till december after that..

Impeachment
I can assure you, the pdp in the House would not be able to muster the required number to impeach the speaker. I do hope the speed with which the security details where withdrawn would be replicated in their return. IG turning himself to a judge.
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
mikeansy:

OBJ's PDP lost to Atiku at the courts in 2007

nothing new!
o boyyy see historiangrin

all i bliv is....."no entry 2 aso rock" will b on GEJ fore head by 2015grin
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by 9jii(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
It's a shame if PDP knw it.
Re: BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court by wallex1983(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
In Akpabio's voice, I believe the President iڪ a gentleman and knows the law. I now expect him to do the needful and call his boy (IGP) to order!........

2015 iڪ getting interesting already and my calender iڪ still saying 2014

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Engr. DORIS UBOH And Daddy Showky / Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures / APC Leader Killed In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.