Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% (24128 Views)

Angola, Hit By Collapse Of Oil Prices, Seeks IMF Aid / Ghana Finally Runs To IMF For Financial Aid As Economy Crumbles - BBC / Ghana's Cedi Is Now Almost Equivalent To The Dollar! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by bettercreature(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2014
ichidodo:
Ghana should save themselves the trouble and devalue their currency like Japan for instance...
You are probably better than Okonjo..very simple solution

1 Like

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by PhockPhockMan: 10:35am On Nov 04, 2014
Kemy11:
May. B we should loan madam Okonjo to them
For wetin?
Stop that joke.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by ichidodo: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2014
bettercreature:
You are probably better than Okonjo..very simple solution
Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by 76Naira(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2014
bercarray:
that is,nigeria's money is still better than theirs,so wit dat,are we better than them? If no,then ds information or ds thread shd i say,is useless

It would be better to look at things from the perspective of regional growth stagnation.
Nigeria and Ghana are more like flag-bearers for the Ecowas zone with thriving economies and strong foreign alliances.
With this economic challenge for Ghana on the front burner coupled with the Ebola challenge ravaging Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, as well as the political instability in Burkina Faso, the Nigeria rise in GDP, FDIs and Remittances doesn't necessarily translate a comprehensive regional growth.

Do not forget that these countries constitute our closest export market for made in Nigeria goods. They are also the ones with the least stringent conditions. Ultimately, the stability and growth of Ecowas countries would mean a stronger market for Nigeria; a situation every Nigerian should be hopeful about.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2014
maylisa:
Why going to IMF when you have your Nigerians brothers and sister around. Ghana should just apologise to Nigerians for closing down their shops out of envy, then beg the likes of mike adenuga, TB Joshua etc. Sure they will be glad to help without intrest. What re brothers for

Better stop deceiving yourself, these guys dont see us as brothers oh...not after we repatriated them outta our country shamefully. You think sey dem go 4give you?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by caprini1: 10:45am On Nov 04, 2014
This is not a laughing matter,things are really hard in Ghana.We should wish them well,I have jnr ones schooling there and its not funny.I don't enjoy going to ABC transport to mail indomie and Golden morn again o.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Reference(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2014
postmann:
having the world's worst currency, applying to IMF for an economic bailout.....how does this transcend into a steady economy? This is the second time in 5 years the cointry is running to IMF. READ MAN, READ.

Na by force to read. No worry my head abeg. I tell you say I no like ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by zappyj(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2014
76Naira:

It would be better to look at things from the perspective of regional growth stagnation.
Nigeria and Ghana are more like flag-bearers for the Ecowas zone with thriving economies and strong foreign alliances.
With this economic challenge for Ghana on the front burner coupled with the Ebola challenge ravaging Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, as well as the political instability in Burkina Faso, the Nigeria rise in GDP, FDIs and Remittances doesn't necessarily translate a comprehensive regional growth.

Do not forget that these countries constitute our closest export market for made in Nigeria goods. They are also the ones with the least stringent conditions. Ultimately, the stability and growth of Ecowas countries would mean a stronger market for Nigeria.

Hmmmn, you are thinking
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by nkpommpko(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2014
Removing a couple of zeros from the cedi, is just facial make up, its raining now, so make up can't stick

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by pat077: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2014
So Ghana's economy is on the brink again?
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by 4lashyme: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2014
MadCow1:

Yes...

The Cedis you see today was created recently after they divided all their currencies by 10,000.. So 10,000 Cedis Note became 1 Cedis.. So 1 Cedis was still buying what 10,000 Cedis was buying.. They only fooled themselves, not Market economics.

Do u have to be that blunt? At least, a little paint and plaster would have helped us swallow the obvious.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by maylisa(f): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2014
drlawizle:

Better stop deceiving yourself, these guys dont see us as brothers oh...not after we repatriated them outta our country shamefully. You think sey dem go 4give you?

bros Na true you talk o. Let's keep pride aside, remember say hungry man no get choice of food. They have no choice, I really feel for them becouse its only the mases. That suffer the most.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by PhockPhockMan: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2014
egift:
1 Ghana Cedi = 52 Naira shocked
Meaning what?
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by maylisa(f): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2014
drlawizle:

bros Na true you talk o. Let's keep pride aside, remember say hungry man no get choice of food. They have no choice, Nigerians have a good heart. I really feel for them becouse its only the mases That suffer the most in such situations
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by highmood(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Hahaha! Ghana. But sometimes you do think Nigeria is ur mate. You tend to flex muscle whenever Nigeria does and beats hand on your chest whenever Nigeria tends to be passing through their challenge. Well, now you know its not easy. If Ghana should face the type of challenges Nigeria has been facing, then Naira will be a dollar to them. With Nigeria's numerous challenges, we are still classified as the best in Africa, imagine a Nigeria with little or no challenges. Well make u guys take it jeje

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by stonemind(f): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2014
that's none of my business joooo
abeg mek I go wash my iPhone 6+ before I step out
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Galadimabawa: 11:23am On Nov 04, 2014
I feel for my ghania friends
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Galadimabawa: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2014
highmood:
Hahaha! Ghana. You think Nigeria is ur mate. You tend to flex muscle whenever Nigeria does and beats hand on your chest whenever Nigeria tends to be passing through their challenge. Well, now you know its not easy. If Ghana should face the type of challenges Nigeria has been facing, then Naira will be a dollar. With Nigeria's numerous challenges, we are still classified as the best in Africa, imagine a Nigeria with little or no challenges.
oboy easy nau, u no go even say sorry?
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by adorable29(f): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2014
Wey all those Ghana Charley people nd their 10 in one monikers? I am suprised that this is on front page and those bitter-Naija-haters never still show! Lol
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by highmood(m): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2014
Galadimabawa:
oboy easy nau, u no go even say sorry?
no mind me. I de carried. Just remember say them de always do big boy for us. But make them sorry and take am easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by GHKWAME1: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2014
adorable29:
Wey all those Ghana Charley people nd their 10 in one monikers? I am suprised that this is on front page and those bitter-Naija-haters never still show! Lol

It will be bloody, when we decide to reply. Watch this space tho!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by adorable29(f): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2014
GHKWAME1:

Hahaha! Talk about the devil!
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Galadimabawa: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2014
highmood:
no mind me. I de carried. Just remember say them de always do big boy for us. But make them sorry and take am easy.
na so shar
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by MadCow1: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2014
GHKWAME1:

Look at this Aponchi...

Bloody indeed. grin

Go wwank yourselves to death with hot Shitto you flaming fairy Ghanaian... grin

You may wanna spend more time fixing your Economy than focusing on Nigerians..
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Ahmeduana(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2014
postmann:
having the world's worst currency, applying to IMF for an economic bailout.....how does this transcend into a steady economy? This is the second time in 5 years the cointry is running to IMF. READ MAN, READ.
YOU DON'T KNOW THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE, THEY WILL CUT THEIR NOSE JUST TO SPITE THEIR SELF JUST THE WAY SOME USELESS POLITICIANS WENT TO HOUSE OF COMMON AND STARTED DESTROYING THIS OUR BELOVED COUNTRY JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO WIN ELECTION AT ALL COST. ALSO ATIKU CONIVE WITH ZUMA TO DISGRACE NIGERIA JUST BECAUSE HE WANT TO PROVE A POINT THAT JONATHAN IS CORRUPT, why won't that non-entity praise ghana economy even when it is glaring that ghana economy is going down the mountain!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Voicefilter: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Nigerians, Nigerians shame! They know all the world's problems but they cannot fix their own. Lord have Mercy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by highmood(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
dcaliph:

You made good points and i agree with most of them. I still think that ghana taking IMF advises is one of the major problems. IMF agender is anti-Africa, they always encourage borrow, remove subsidy and they roll out deceiptive statistic. Thats what they did to Nigeria during IBB era.
Running to IMF again for help would not help. Ghana should solve the problem internally.
exactly, no one knows your economy better than your own. IMF makes African govt believes they are dullard. They roll out statistics that instill fear into their target government so they could bow to thier antics. Obasanjo and Goodluck are not fools for allowing Okonjo Iwealla to work for them. She knows them and is not ready to bow to thier tricks. If Goodluck had not bow to pressure by some former PHCN employees to remove Prof. Bath Nnaji, our economy would have been better than what we are having today.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by PhockPhockMan: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2014
egift:

When I post that comment the title of this thread was - Ghana's Cedi Is Worst World Currency

Also I never said it has not lost value. I only posted the current exchange rate, meaning it is not the worst in the world.
Do you know that Ghana Cedi is bigger in face value than China and Japan currencies? Ghana's desperation to make their currency, West Africa's number one and possibly adoption as proposed Ecowas single currency. When they were about doing the redecimation of their currency , I reminded them that Argentina has done that severally without any headway.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by musicwriter(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Once a country begins romance with the world bank and IMF that's the begiining of woes for that country. I have no idea why African nations fail to understand the world bank and IMF are ''for profit'' business enterprise. Why can't Africans pause for a moment and ask; Where do revenues by the world bank and IMF go?. World bank and IMF are ripp-offs and will only make Ghana's situation worse at the end of the day!. See below blog - August.
The only way to solve Africa's economic problem is science. Africa cannot develop without investment in grassroots science. More details on the below site.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by egift(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Do you know that Ghana Cedi is bigger in face value than China and Japan currencies? Ghana's desperation to make their currency, West Africa's number one and possibly adoption as proposed Ecowas single currency. When the were about doing the redecimation of their, I reminded them that Argentina has done that severally without any headway.

Agreed.
Re: Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2014
maylisa:
bros Na true you talk o. Let's keep pride aside, remember say hungry man no get choice of food. They have no choice, Nigerians have a good heart. I really feel for them becouse its only the mases That suffer the most in such situations

True...thats a lovely gown there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russia Stages Massive Invasion War Games Off Ukraine(Pix) / Nashville Bombing Suspect Anthony Quinn Warner Died In Explosion, Police Confirm / High Treason For Bazoum: "Stop Provoking Us" - ECOWAS Warns Niger Junta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.