Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126830 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
anizi:

Not particularly a lie, he could have had his connecting flight to canada from Atlanta airport, he does not need to go out of the airport. A visa is need if he wants to go out of the airport into the city
With no iota of doubt whatsoever...He needs a valid US visa to even make a transit in the US.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Daresh(f): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
anizi:

Not particularly a lie, he could have had his connecting flight to canada from Atlanta airport, he does not need to go out of the airport. A visa is need if he wants to go out of the airport into the city

Aunty the guy is lying. The way it works in the US, EVERYBODY MUST COME DOWN FROM THE PLANE, clear security and immigration b4 you move to collect your load and switch planes. That is the LAW. There is no getting around that. No airline in this country will let you enter their plane to US without a valid visa. It is 100% impossible, quote me ANYWHERE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
UNKNOWNSOJA:

With no iota of doubt whatsoever...He needs a valid US visa to even make a transit in the US.

True True True.. my freaking clever travel agent routed me through Toronto to UK from JFK.. Like joke like joke I ended up in Customs & Immigration.. no be small interview.. after all the wahala.. they said USA does not have transit agreement with Canada and you need a visa to even step into the plane and think of sniffing canada. if not for Jah Jehofa Gyrate.. I was going to sleep in detention and shipped off back to JFK for processing by USA Customs back to Naija.. had to by Fresh tickets sharp-sharp and book a hotel room right inside Toronto Airport to prove my case.. NO TRANSIT VISA FROM USA TO CANADA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
Daresh:

Aunty the guy is lying. The way it works in the US, EVERYBODY MUST COME DOWN FROM THE PLANE, clear security and immigration b4 you move to collect your load and switch planes. That is the LAW. There is no getting around that. No airline in this country will let you enter their plane to US without a valid visa. It is 100% impossible, quote me ANYWHERE!

cept for an error by airport security recently.. it is impossible like you said
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
voltron:

True True True.. my freaking clever travel agent routed me through Toronto to UK from JFK.. Like joke like joke I ended up in Customs & Immigration.. no be small interview.. after all the wahala.. they said USA does not have transit agreement with Canada and you need a visa to even step into the plane and think of sniffing canada. if not for Jah Jehofa Gyrate.. I was going to sleep in detention and shipped off back to JFK for processing by USA Customs back to Naija.. had to by Fresh tickets sharp-sharp and book a hotel room right inside Toronto Airport to prove my case.. NO TRANSIT VISA FROM USA TO CANADA
Voltron thank God you had the financial power to book a fresh ticket on emergency...it would have been worse...those guys would play on your intelligence and reduce you to a toddler.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by DaraTG: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
Get your free N1000 here

www.kaykweddings.com
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dazzy2(f): 6:22am On Apr 10, 2017
otiigba1:
try this one my wife(oyibo) works in that American Embassy in nigeria and she tells me that it does not matter what Documents you bring with you, wether fake or genuine, if she wants to approve your visa she will or not, every visa issued out depends on your interviewer to make decitions, some times if they dont like your face they will deny you a visa, "no be me talk am oo!"" grin grin
it is actually true, its just favour.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hello house, I need your candid advise please.
I am a graduate with a B.sc in Biochemistry, I'm currently serving and would be through with my service by April. I intend taking the SAT Exam by August.
The reason for this is because I came out with a very low gpa of 2.07 and therefore no school accepts such gpa in the USA , I intend going for B.sc in Nursing.
Here's my question

1). Since i have a B.sc already would this stop me from going to study another B.sc in Nursing?
2). I hope the VO's won't see this as an issue?

I would be happy to get enlightened on this.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Dwin046(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2018
grin
johncreek:
Uncle! You can lie ooo shocked
grin
johncreek:
Uncle! You can lie ooo shocked
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Aleora(f): 1:06pm On May 14, 2018
Goldenboy007:
I remember how they denied a girl that won visa lottery. I used to think it was automatic ! She came from Ibadan and she actually looked like someone selling vegetables in the market. She came with a guy she claimed was her husband or boyfriend . it was obvious she was not educated but she said she had HND and she is an Economics teacher or so. The VO just asked her to define economy of a nation na there wahala started o !!!! The guy she brought sef looked like an arrangee !! I was shocked when the VO said you are not qualified for the visa..she didn't even show any reaction, they both left !

There was this other old ibo woman o, when they gave her visa she just bursted out in a loud Ibo praise song !!! We all started laughing !!!

There was this fine young lady next to me, she won visa lottery, when she saw that they denied the other " HND" holder, she said she was just going to say she had OND. I asked why she isn't with any arranged husband, she said her boyfriend left her few days before she discovered she won a visa lottery! I wished my brother was around me, we for do wedding for both of them ceremony for interview room! Lol!

All the old women were given visas and women with babies.

Ok , you will all want to ask about mine, it was a family based IV status so there was no stress,
sorry to disturb,just saw this now,where you allowed to take the interview together or you were interviewed individually,and is there an interpreter as of the time you went
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Alezy(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2018
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
lolz.....guy, u fit kill person with laugh o. grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2018
Aleora:
sorry to disturb,just saw this now,where you allowed to take the interview together or you were interviewed individually,and is there an interpreter as of the time you went

Interpreter for who? And interview together with who? Can you clarify your questions ?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Aleora(f): 1:22am On May 19, 2018
Goldenboy007:

Interpreter for who? And interview together with who? Can you clarify your questions ?
I meant when you went to the embassy for your interview
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Goldenboy007(m): 12:18am On Jun 22, 2018
Aleora:
I meant when you went to the embassy for your interview

I think if you need an interpreter they will get you one. As for the interview I went alone ..but I saw a lady that won Visa lottery interviewed with her spouse. Sorry reply came late.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Aleora(f): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
Goldenboy007:

I think if you need an interpreter they will get you one. As for the interview I went alone ..but I saw a lady that won Visa lottery interviewed with her spouse. Sorry reply came late.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.